Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love Shot Bachelorette - Season Finale / Final Elimination 8/24

Comments

• swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    AkramA wrote: »
    6th and 7th votes are pretty close!
    I don't vote for Mac but he's pretty generic, he'll do well

I agree but you need those in there with the baddies and crazies.

Can we use another word other then generic? Having created him of course he's dear to me and I find it a little insulting.

I don't want to start anything I just felt a little hurt.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I love Mac! <3 I think he's adorable.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »

Can we use another word other then generic? Having created him of course he's dear to me and I find it a little insulting.

I'm sorry. Personally, I meant he kind of safe compared to the others. That's not a bad thing in my eyes. Everybody can't be outrageous. There had to be someone who fits the bill.

But if you're offended I apologize, it wasn't my intention.
    Origin ID: Shar1W

I'm sorry. Personally, I meant he kind of safe compared to the others. That's not a bad thing in my eyes. Everybody can't be outrageous. There had to be someone who fits the bill.

But if you're offended I apologize, it wasn't my intention.

It's all good. I know it wasn't meant to offend :)

suRdkSd.jpg
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member

Wow, I thought generic is a good thing! I'm not an english speaker so I'm so sorry if I'm insulting!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Woot! Mac made it! I voted for him. Reminds me of an irish farmboy. Quite adorable and good in every way. I can't wait to see who the next one will be! *bounces* ...Why am I bouncing at 1am in the MORNING?! Ugh. I need sleep. :tongue::smiley:
    @swcheppes By the way, I'm Indonesian and still depending on google translate and english things I've heard! So I'm very sorry if I hurt some feelings because it's not my intention to do so!
    Rawla wrote: »
    Woot! Mac made it! I voted for him. Reminds me of an irish farmboy. Quite adorable and good in every way. I can't wait to see who the next one will be! *bounces* ...Why am I bouncing at 1am in the MORNING?! Ugh. I need sleep. :tongue::smiley:

It only gets more interesting after this.
    @swcheppes By the way, I'm Indonesian and still depending on google translate and english things I've heard! So I'm very sorry if I hurt some feelings because it's not my intention to do so!

Don't sweat it much. I think she knows you didn't mean it in an offensive way.

No worries. It's all good!
    suRdkSd.jpg

@sunnyshay I started reading Hella Good (hoping to figure out the bachelorette) and I love it! Job well done!!!

Have you found her yet?[/quote]

I just started the second season. So far I have no clue :D

suRdkSd.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

"Generic" is kind of a funny word... basically, it just means "of a type". So it's meaning is very similar to "normal."

Here in the U.S., it's often used for products or for prescription drugs. There are brand names--like "Kleenex" is the brand name for tissue paper, and then there's the generic "tissue paper". Or "Bayer's" is the brand name for aspirin--and "aspirin" is the generic name. "Levi's" and "jeans." So... the term "generic" comes to mean somehow not as sexy or high class as the brand name. Generic items cost less... so the word itself, which is a very fine word, has come to take on the meaning of "not as good as" or "more common."

Most likely a dictionary would not convey that type of feeling for that word!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

"Generic" is kind of a funny word... basically, it just means "of a type". So it's meaning is very similar to "normal."

Here in the U.S., it's often used for products or for prescription drugs. There are brand names--like "Kleenex" is the brand name for tissue paper, and then there's the generic "tissue paper". Or "Bayer's" is the brand name for aspirin--and "aspirin" is the generic name. "Levi's" and "jeans." So... the term "generic" comes to mean somehow not as sexy or high class as the brand name. Generic items cost less... so the word itself, which is a very fine word, has come to take on the meaning of "not as good as" or "more common."

I should've known, we also have generic medicine here but it doesn't have that kind of connotation! I'll be more careful with words later!

I should've known, we also have generic medicine here but it doesn't have that kind of connotation! I'll be more careful with words later!

Aw, no biggie! I messed up when I tried to wish you Happy Ramadan in Arabic, right? :) I think you write amazingly! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Aw, no biggie! I messed up when I tried to wish you Happy Ramadan in Arabic, right? :) I think you write amazingly! :)

Thanks, people make mistakes! Though I'm not offended by your Arabic because even I have no idea what it is you wrote, I'm more confused, hehe!
  • ddominicddominic Posts: 352 Member
    Oh good morning guys. Oh it's night for you. I'm shocked Mac didn't get much more votes.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I think i voted for Mac (I voted for seven) and i'm happy a "boy from next door" is in this competition. I'm sure he'll make it far. congrats to @Schweppes
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    ddominic wrote: »
    Oh good morning guys. Oh it's night for you. I'm shocked Mac didn't get much more votes.

Me too!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
    Well. I've got one more introduction to write and I'm moving everybody in today.

Contestant #3 will be announced tonight.
    Well. I've got one more introduction to write and I'm moving everybody in today.

Yay! :smiley:

Can't wait!! Hurry up clock!

suRdkSd.jpg

Actually it was pretty close in general. There was only one that ran away with the competition. Everybody else in the top 7 were separated by 1-3 votes.

Thanks, people make mistakes! Though I'm not offended by your Arabic because even I have no idea what it is you wrote, I'm more confused, hehe!

Hahahaha! I think I wrote "Happy Plum Day!" ahahaha!

Actually it was pretty close in general. There was only one that ran away with the competition. Everybody else in the top 7 were separated by 1-3 votes.

It is awesome that they are all so close. :smile:
    I did a test run and I don't think it's going to work out because of the build I used. Too much isolation, need a more sociable environment. It's also difficult to shoot. So, I'm going to spend the day renovating my S-GAS Party lodge. It's more sim friendly.
    I did a test run and I don't think it's going to work out because of the build I used. Too much isolation, need a more sociable environment. It's also difficult to shoot. So, I'm going to spend the day renovating my S-GAS Party lodge. It's more sim friendly.

Sounds good. :)