Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Display driver issues

The latest patch appears to have brought back problems with my nvidia display driver. It's the same as what I was experiencing about 2 months ago.

There is also a glitch where changing the lifetime aspiration isn't changing the associated trait (so my sim still has the alluring trait even though they have the bodybuilding aspiration)
Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @Shaobun for display driver error i would reset the sims 4 folder and if you have dual graphics confirm nvidia panel still has the game set up to run with the card

how to reset your sims 4 files, pull your my documents/electronic arts/sim 4 folder to the desktop and run a test game if this fixes the problem you can move back old files to the new but test for problems:

files to move back (but again test each move)
    saves - game save
    options.ini - game settings
    screenshots
    custom music
    mods folder
    tray folder - all your saved builds and sims

for the second problem if you changed aspiration with CAS cheat this has happened to me as well it eventually went away not sure if theres a fix but traveling to another lot always resets sims better then the cheat maybe that will help.
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Thanks @ceejay402 I'll try resetting if I continue to have problems. I didn't use a CAS cheat, but traveling to another lot sounds like good advice so I'll try that next time.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    good luck :)