Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Industrial Island O.o

13...Next

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2015
    I've been trying to decide which lot to use for the graveyard. I placed the sanatorium on one of the larger middle lots, between the grassy home lots and paved town lots. Was thinking of building my cemetery next to it, but it's kind of odd with the stadium sign between them. LOL Where are you placing yours, Phoebe?

Without opening my game I'm pretty sure I started building it on the lot next to the one with the sign. If you're looking at the map with the grassy smaller lots at the top it's the one on the right side. I'm pretty sure I thought about putting it on the lot you're talking about and then I saw the sign. My first thought was "Wouldn't that be delightfully tacky?" and then changed my mind. Later when I open the game I'll get a screenshot for you.

Post edited by PHOEBESMOM601 on
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    I had the same exact thought. If I get time today, I'll open the game and get shots too.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Yay! Post lots of pictures. I'd love to see them all. :cookie:
    Now remember the cemetery is a work in progress. All the graves you see are from buydebug. I haven't added any ghosts yet.

Yep I used the lot next to the sign.

Screenshot_9_edited.jpg

Some forgotten graves in the back corner

Screenshot_11_edited.jpg
    A couple of "family" plots.
    Screenshot_12_edited.jpg

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :mrgreen:

Yay! Post lots of pictures. I'd love to see them all. :cookie:

Well you gave us a great world to play with.

Opps...forgot one. This is the World's end mausoleum.

Screenshot_10_edited.jpg
    I haven't added an image from photobucket before, going to see if this works. If it does, then the empty lot next to the hospital is one of the places that I'm thinking of adding the cemetery.
    Screenshot-442.jpg

The lot at the end of this street is another option for the cemetery
    Screenshot-448.jpg

And another picture just for fun.
    Screenshot-445.jpg
    Phoebe, your cemetery looks like it's coming along nicely. I love the world's end mausoleum, it's a good fit. I used several RH from Midnight Hallow, which seem to fit in pretty well too.

Here are a couple more shots:
    The housing section of Industrial Island.
    Screenshot-443.jpg

The lower side, near the beach has the research building and an apartment building. The research building may end up on the little island on the other side of the bridge still.

Screenshot-439.jpg

The diner is on the corner just above the beach area.
    Screenshot-440.jpg

I'm looking forward to adding the cemetery. I'm a tad squeamish about ending the lives of several of these little pixels, but my cemetery requires ghosts. :D
    @starsaphire2 You world looks great. I hope mine looks as good when I'm done........and you're using seasons....man makes me want to reinstall it.
    Seasons really helps me get into my simmie's little lives. It gives me goals. Summer - make time to take them to the beach for water fun and a camp out. Fall - host a party or dinner. Winter - give everyone a new outfit and go to the winter festival. Spring - start a garden or find sim romance. It changes depending on the age of my sims and whether they are single or have a family. If I could only have one EP installed, it would be seasons for the depth of the my play-immersion factor.
    Thanks so much for sharing! :cookie:

I think you both are doing Excellent and I'm so enjoying the pictures. :mrgreen:
    Thanks so much for sharing! :cookie:

I think you both are doing Excellent and I'm so enjoying the pictures. :mrgreen:

I hope to have more for you to look at. I started a Grunge/Apocalypse creation thread.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/842322/ts3-grunge-or-the-appocolypse-gifts#latest

Woot~ Good Luck, @PHOEBESMOM601 :mrgreen:
    Thanks for the nice words, @Rflong7 and the great world!

@PHOEBESMOM601 You have been an inspiration for me in finding interesting lots and making a few of my own for this little slice of Sim apocalypse. Thank you for sharing your ideas and pics. Also, your grunge thread sounds like a great idea.
  • Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful land for us. The place is an amazing land full of original ideas where you can create stories, legacies, and challenges.
    Hi, @Starsaphire2 & @Dylan.Walsh

Thanks so much! I'm very glad you like it. I had fun building it for @PHOEBESMOM601 :mrgreen:
    Thanks for the nice words, @Rflong7 and the great world!

@PHOEBESMOM601 You have been an inspiration for me in finding interesting lots and making a few of my own for this little slice of Sim apocalypse. Thank you for sharing your ideas and pics. Also, your grunge thread sounds like a great idea.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful land for us. The place is an amazing land full of original ideas where you can create stories, legacies, and challenges.

Thanks @Starsaphire2

I started a thread to help fill the world. You should take a look.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/842322/ts3-grunge-or-the-appocolypse-gifts/p1

• deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    wow so depressing lol good work ill send my sims there as punishment!
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Love this world!

I'm playing a stripped down base game only version. I let the game mechanics handle the stripping. I lost the bridge to the small island, I think it's from the Ambitions pack. So I razed the lot's from that island plus the two dive lots.
    (As to why I'm playing only base game, it's all my hubby's pc can handle my pc's motherboard went poof on me. His pc couldn't handle Mayfair island which was the one I was going to use. :( )

I'm mixing several challenges together and building up the island one generation at a time with one or two community lots per generation. I'll admit I took a lazy route and borrowed a few ea rabbit hole lots from Riverview to make the build up slightly smoother. (less building on my part = more play time ;) )

I've dedicated the lot next to the park/fishing hole as the future graveyard. I've found that starting my founders with elderly parents helps a little for locking in traits. So first day in game Grimmy got put to work. I'm up to gen 3 and have fingers crossed for buying the lot and adding a mausoleum.
    screenshot-19_orig.jpg

I love you for having two dumpster in the world not tied to any lot's. For generation 1 it was the sole source for 75% +/- of her furniture and income.
    screenshot-24_orig.jpg

My founder spent the first few days living homeless at the park. Part of my pre-game set up in addition to razing the afore mentioned lots was to give the park a light make over. I added a bench, fire pit, picnic table, trash can, and bbq grill to the lot.
    screenshot-38_orig.jpg
    screenshot-41_orig.jpg
    screenshot-45_orig.jpg

Founder's house by the end of week 1, on the 40x40 near the park.
    screenshot-71_orig.jpg

My founder says thank you for the mine and all of it's spawners.
    screenshot-50_orig.jpg

I added one extra house, ea cabin from the bin, two blocks behind the founder.

By the end of gen 1 I edited the park again, this time adding some wild plants.
    screenshot-45_1_orig.jpg
    screenshot-46_3_orig.jpg

My sims haven't had any trouble fishing the far spots next to the small island. ;)
    screenshot-141_orig.jpg

Took a bit but my founder was able to bring two buildings to the island; the science center was built down in the docks water front region, while the grocery store was built on one of the smaller lots at the north(?) end of the island. A few extra houses were also added.
    screenshot-32_3_orig.jpg
    screenshot-266_orig.jpg
    screenshot-225_orig.jpg

Generation 2 also added to the park and island.
    screenshot-29_1_orig.jpg
    screenshot-149_orig.jpg
    screenshot-65_1_orig.jpg
    screenshot-66_2_orig.jpg
    screenshot-15_1_orig.jpg

Gen 3 hasn't added anything yet, but with luck the business tower, library, and graveyard will be the next add on's, and for now I'm done adding to the park as it now has a little something for all. :)

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Oh, Cool- I'm so glad it's working for you with only base game.
    Sorry to hear about your motherboard. :(

It looks like an interesting challenge our playing. Yay! for my placing those dumpsters. I think it's a neat feature of the game- I need to use 'em more. :lol:
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Oh, Cool- I'm so glad it's working for you with only base game.
    Sorry to hear about your motherboard. :(

It looks like an interesting challenge our playing. Yay! for my placing those dumpsters. I think it's a neat feature of the game- I need to use 'em more. :lol:

I made two fun discoveries yesterday, although one is silly reality breaking.

First sims have no trouble swimming from the main island to the smaller one. :)
    screenshot-13_4_orig.jpg

The second was an accidental discovery and I'll let the pics tell the story. :)
    screenshot-47_7_orig.jpg
    screenshot-48_5_orig.jpg
    Yep, taxi's and cars will drive down one cliff, across the water (wheels actually touching the water) and then up the other cliff face. lol
    I had a third pic of the taxi driving on the water but accidentally deleted it.

I've mashed broke start, with nothings free, with random legacy rules together loosely for this family line. :)

As to the motherboard loss hubby offered to get me one and a new graphics card, until I pointed out that a brand new mid range gaming pc was cheaper. :D

Guess who might have an actual gaming pc capable of sims 3 and civ 6+ amongst several games by next year. :D
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @SPARKY1922 here are the pictures I mentioned on the other post.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn

absolutely hilarious it looks like those sims are going to get to those shiny light collectables come what may hahaha :)<3:)