Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Minimum Discount For "Make-Me-An-Offer"?

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if it is even worth clicking on the "Make-Me-An-Offer" button! I won't buy anything unless it is at least 40% off - and I very rarely get anywhere near that, especially since "Make-Me-An-Offer" doesn't calculate in my "Complete Your Set" discount. Of course, I figure that when I get to the point where I own almost everything in the Store (and I am almost there), they will have to offer me discounts on things I haven't ever seen on sale - like the "Carousel of Wonder" venue.

So, what is the minimum discount that you will accept on "Make-Me-An-Offer"?

Comments

• fan00123fan00123 Posts: 541 Member
    When I wanted to get a world, I usually waited until it had 20% or more, but other than that, I usually get it at 30%. I used to wait until at least 40%, too, but I felt like I never liked any of their offers with 40% off(it usually included a set that I already own a part of), so I lowered it to 30%. I do remember once buying it when it was 29% off because I really liked the items included in it, but I usually stick with 30% most of the time.
    Hello! Origin ID: Fan00123 My Page Thanks to all the lovely & generous simmers on here, I can now say, "I Own the Store! :smiley:"
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    For me, it was at least 40%.

The only time I would go below that was if all of the items would contribute to the CYS on a set I was hunting but even then I didn't want to accept anything less than 20%! :)

The "exclusives" always annoyed me because I think they are vastly overpriced (100sp each!!) so I wouldn't even look at a MMAO that contained an "exclusive" unless it was 70% or more ... especially when you know that you can get them for free when you 'Own The Store' :smiley:
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Thanks for the replies. It seems to me that they always offer the deepest discount first and then the discounts get less and less. It isn't always a straight progression - tonight my first discount was 38%, then I goyt 22%, then 18%, then 27%, then 18% again - but I very rarely seem to get a better deal than the first one.

Is that your experience, too?
    Outside of the special added discount times I seldom saw anything above 40%, mostly 20%-30%, but can't say I recall seeing a pattern.

The one thing that can make MMAO useful is when you are chasing a particular set and it offers you a few items from it. If the discount is more than 10% and provided that you get CYS on the set then it is worth buying because you will get more off the CYS price than you paid for the item. :)
  • hyegalhyegal Posts: 238 Member
    I actually wish I could use MMAO more than five times at once. If I'm going to go wading through the puddle of disappointment, it might as well be twice as deep.

For the most part it doesn't much bother me that I rarely get an offer I want. Sometimes I do get something good, and that's cool. If it happened more often that would be even more cool, but I'm not holding my breath.

The one thing that really does get to me is the MMAO exclusive stuff, like @ajaxpost mentioned. I don't like any of it. It keeps showing up in otherwise great offers and ruining them by being unenticing and expensive. I hate that.

Other than avoiding exclusives, I don't really have any hard and fast rules about when not to buy. I definitely like it when offers have good discounts and dislike offers with lousy discounts, but it honestly never occurred to me to pick a cut-off number. Maybe I'm weird.
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Maybe I'm the weird one, @hyegal! Did you know that if you do accept an MMAO the count resets and the Store will give you another five offers? At least it does for me. I just spent 1bout one thousand points on miscellaneous stuff because MMAO gave me more than 40% off. But there is a method to my madness - I want MMAO to offer me the venues that I don't have that have not shown up on the Daily Deal - namely "World of Wonder Carousel" n "Last Venue of Amore" (although I wouldn't turn down "The Business As Usual Bistro", either).
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hi @Schweighsr Just wanted to let you know that those venues do show up on the DD list and if you're willing to wait, the discounts for them are more than you will get on the MMAO. The DD spreadsheet is here.

Deal list # 343 World of Wonder 49% 969sp June 24 4:19 AM UTC best deal is coming up soon
    Deal list # 945 Business as Usual Bistro 62% 646sp Aug 13 3:19 PM UTC
    Deal list # 2 Last Venue of Amore - 58% off 800sp Aug 16 12:19 UTC
  • J8K9J8K9 Posts: 2,338 Member
    I usally ended up with 40% on different Items but 20% is the normal discount that I received.
  • J8K9J8K9 Posts: 2,338 Member
    Sorry about the misspelling It should be "Usually"! :(
  • hyegalhyegal Posts: 238 Member
    @Schweighsr, there is the outside possibility that we're both weird. I know it's stretch, but as this is a matter of grave importance, I thought I should mention it so we can properly scoff at the idea and dismiss it out of hand. :D

You're absolutely correct about MMAO resetting if you buy something, or at least it does it for me, too. It's awesome when that happens, but I never factor it into my decision on whether or not to buy an offer. Maybe when I'm further along with completing the sets I want the most, I'll be more open to good discounts on content I would currently pass up to conserve points.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    @scillakees Thanks for posting the deals! I've been meaning to look up the Carousel but just haven't gotten around to it. And now I don't have to. June 24 sound like a good day to me. :)

@Schweighsr I think my minimum discount for the MMAO is something like 20-25%. It really depends on what I'm looking for. Well really I own everything but a few things now so I'm not looking that often anymore. It's been offering me the exclusive items at 15% or so and I just laugh at those. But occasionally it will offer one of them for FREE and I snatch it up then. I still have three exclusive items to go. I'm not really sure that the Carousel is offered in the MMAO though, as I've been watching for it but have never seen it. I hope it is. But I'm going to grab it on the DD instead though. :)
    giphy.gif

• kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    KATENESS wrote: »
    @scillakees Thanks for posting the deals! I've been meaning to look up the Carousel but just haven't gotten around to it. And now I don't have to. June 24 sound like a good day to me. :)

@Schweighsr I think my minimum discount for the MMAO is something like 20-25%. It really depends on what I'm looking for. Well really I own everything but a few things now so I'm not looking that often anymore. It's been offering me the exclusive items at 15% or so and I just laugh at those. But occasionally it will offer one of them for FREE and I snatch it up then. I still have three exclusive items to go. I'm not really sure that the Carousel is offered in the MMAO though, as I've been watching for it but have never seen it. I hope it is. But I'm going to grab it on the DD instead though. :)
    You're absolutely right that the Carousel doesn't show up in MMAO. In fact, nothing released after October-November of 2013 will. From what I remember, Grim's Ghastly Manor was the most recent item -- I think that Grandpa's Grove, from November, isn't included. I'm positive that anything after that (the Boardwalk, the Bakery, Bohemian Garden, the Old Mill, Last Venue of Amore, etc.) won't come up at all, unless EA were to put new items into the system. As far as I know, Tiny Prodigies isn't even included, even though Aurora Skies Gold is, because it wasn't available for individual sale at the time that they brought MMAO in.

So, keep a close eye on the DD for those last few venues and sets! :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    I could have sworn I seen Grandpa's Grove and Bohemian Garden, and possibly the Old Mill pop up through the MMAO. I know I can't get those through MMAO now that I have them though.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    VGryphon wrote: »
    I could have sworn I seen Grandpa's Grove and Bohemian Garden, and possibly the Old Mill pop up through the MMAO. I know I can't get those through MMAO now that I have them though.
    I can't be sure about Grandpa's Grove since that's right around the time MMAO was introduced, but I'm positive that Bohemian Garden and the Old Mill shouldn't show up ─ unless EA were to update MMAO. Doesn't mean it's not possible, but I've absolutely never heard of those items coming up and that never happened to me even when they were the last few things I needed. I was getting that "Wow! We're impressed" message and I still needed most of the items listed below.

The release schedule from around the time of MMAO onwards goes like this:

September 2013: Midnight Hollow
    October 2013: Grim's Ghastly Manor
    *MMAO was introduced (or perhaps after the next item; not 100% sure)
    November 2013: Grandpa's Grove
    December 2013: Roaring Heights, The Boardwalk
    January 2014: Homecoming
    February 2014: Prism Art Studio
    March 2014: Bohemian Garden
    April 2014: Deliciously Indulgent Bakery
    May 2014: Now & Then Century Manor
    June 2014: World of Wonder
    July 2014: Brunch at the Old Mill
    August 2014: Last Venue of Amore

Other than those items falling between November/December and August, I believe that MMAO also doesn't include Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center, the Hibiscus Trio, Shaggy Look, and Braids and Pigtails. Besides Tiny Prodigies, which wasn't available for individual sale at the time, I have no idea why those items weren't included. But, that's EA for you. :tongue:

I hope that helps you guys out with your MMAO quest! :smiley:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    I can't tell any more due to having all but Roaring Heights and Homecoming on that list.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    Other than those items falling between November/December and August, I believe that MMAO also doesn't include Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center, the Hibiscus Trio, Shaggy Look, and Braids and Pigtails. Besides Tiny Prodigies, which wasn't available for individual sale at the time, I have no idea why those items weren't included. But, that's EA for you. :tongue:
    I can attest to the non-appearance of the Hibiscus Trio, I never saw it on MMAO even during the weeks when it was the last set I didn't own :(

So, if anyone is looking to get these three plants your best bet is this coming Tuesday on the Daily Deal - only 38% off but that's still better than the typical weekly Sale! price. :)
  • lay1010lay1010 Posts: 219 Member
    this has been a very helpful thread thank you all for the tips
    My wishlist Here
    My Thank you Thread is Here
    My Sims 3 page is Here
    My top 5 is Here
    It is so much fun to be here