December 13 - It's Friday, and that means Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!
December 12 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.
December 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.

♥Sims` ☀Survivor Cycle 3, Accepting Models - OPEN!☀

Comments

  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    Name: Arielle Ness
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Ethnicity: Part Hispanic
    Nationality: New Hampshire
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 140 lbs.
    Strengths: She's smart and has basic survival skills.
    Weaknesses: She's claustrophobic, and not very strong.
    Photo:
    868217b4-7a93-433e-bc04-141c11100430_zpswmgrhy4t.png


    Sorry if the background's not plain enough, I tried.

    It's awesome, she's beautiful! :)

    Thank you! :blush:
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Ashley SimsAshley Sims Posts: 217 Member
    edited June 2015
    JesxSims wrote: »
    So for editing it takes forever and a lot of people are new to it, including me, so I vote either no or very little.

    I agree. Its not fair to everyone because you have some people who are amazing at editing and some people who have no idea what they are doing, lol... I'm still deciding on if I want to join or not. ;)

    I'm very new to editing you just have to jump in head first and experiment with whatever you have at your disposal. Don't be shy about it.
    mnXJJis.png
  • PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    @BobSkellington YES! So glad I can give my model a background story! I know this sounds kind of weird but I cannot make Sims if they don't have a background story :s
    dmlX3n8.jpg


  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,205 Member
    @BobSkellington YES! So glad I can give my model a background story! I know this sounds kind of weird but I cannot make Sims if they don't have a background story :s

    It doesn't sound weird at all xD I have background stories for each and every one of them, as well :)
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    @BobSkellington YES! So glad I can give my model a background story! I know this sounds kind of weird but I cannot make Sims if they don't have a background story :s

    It doesn't sound weird at all xD I have background stories for each and every one of them, as well :)
    Glad I'm not alone :)

    dmlX3n8.jpg


  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,130 Member
    *Totally lurking*

    Okay, I just want to clear up some confusion and answer stuff, because I fear my guide may still be confusing (if it is, please speak up! O_O) and some people still seem lost. D:
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    I'm intrigued...I might enter. When do you need the entries by? Also, what's the rule with reusing sims for modeling competitions? I can make a new one, I just like the one I've been using lol

    *Plum modeling competitions! I enter one and now I'm addicted! Lol
    My guide states that most competitions allow you to reuse models. xD (Make sure to read it if you haven't. Click the signature.) Hosts should state if they want new models only. If they haven't said so, it generally means they don't care and you should do whatever. I haven't seen a host change their mind at the last minute, either, so you should be fine for future competitions.

    Ikr? They are so fun. xD

    Can we give our Sims a backstory? I read in the rules something about this, but I got kind of confused whether we can only do it in certain assignments or not .-. i can be so stupid sometimes..

    In Bob's rules or my guide? o-o And you aren't stupid! (Why they censored such a word, I will never know).
    My guide only states that hosts shouldn't be forcing their competitors to make one, for an Application, just for the sake of making one. If the host wants to know the Sims or the competitor they can put one in the application, but if the host doesn't care they shouldn't be doing it. That is all it really means.

    For the competitors, though my guide doesn't state this clearly, you are allowed to write a backstory for your sims when creating them. I never meant that you aren't allowed to think of one when creating a sim. O_O It is only stating that Applications, not assignments, should rarely have bio/backstory/why I want to join sections.
    And to show that you aren't alone, I make up personalities for my models, all the time, otherwise I can't make one! :lol:

    ZapGirl wrote: »
    Okay so a lot of you are voting no editing, but editing is the only thing I can do. So how about if you want to edit you can and if you don't don't?

    All you have to do is build the background instead of editing it. You're probably allowed to use cc items and upload from the gallery as well. To be honest I've always felt editing limited you.
    I am honestly confused about this. :open_mouth: How does editing limit you? Do you think you aren't allowed to use ingame stuff as well or something? Help my thought process here? xD

    From what I have seen though, editing doesn't limit anyone. You can draw hair, clothes, objects, backgrounds, and do cool effects and everything else inbetween with editing. There isn't a limit because all ideas are possible, it's just the editor that is limited by their creativity and skill. That is why it's important to learn, otherwise you can't do much. :/
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,130 Member
    edited June 2015
    (Sorry for posting so much, Bob. xD)

    Also, this has fueled my idea, and even though I don't think I have all the time in the world, it may happen.

    The idea is to start a Beginners Editing Competition (minus eliminations). If someone else here, who is a better editor and knows Sims 4 better than I do, would like to lead this idea instead, please say you will and just get started when you can. If not, I guess I'll set one up later (anyone who knows how to edit want to help?). If I do start a comp, the editing guides I post will also be in my normal guide, for those who don't participate and for those later down the line. Also, I am not an expert on editing, but I'm willing to help people catch up so they at least know the basics and can begin to move forward on their own.

    The reason for this idea is because the majority of competitions are going to be editing and I hate seeing the community divide themselves over editing or not, or deciding to not join because they think they can't do well. Editing can be a great experience, even if it is time consuming. You learn things that can really blow your mind (at least for me!).

    Also, I never presented this idea to anyone because the majority of the time these "beginner" competitions die faster than you can blink. People join and flake out and it's extremely annoying to anyone else who wants to learn. So I'm cautious about it because I don't want to devote my time and then have everyone leave......And I've experienced this before, twice, in the Sims 3 comps when I was beginning. We had a few beginner comps that died before they could get far. I did learn a few things, but everything else I do is from fiddling with the program and reading guides.

    Sooooo....What do you guys say? Is anyone here willing to join another laidback competition to learn how to edit? I promise we will start super small, and I'll include some guides on in game photos as well. xD
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,438 Member
    edited June 2015
    (Sorry for posting so much, Bob. xD)

    Also, this has fueled my idea, and even though I don't think I have all the time in the world, it may happen.

    The idea is to start a Beginners Editing Competition (minus eliminations). If someone else here, who is a better editor and knows Sims 4 better than I do, would like to lead this idea instead, please say you will and just get started when you can. If not, I guess I'll set one up later (anyone who knows how to edit want to help?). If I do start a comp, the editing guides I post will also be in my normal guide, for those who don't participate and for those later down the line. Also, I am not an expert on editing, but I'm willing to help people catch up so they at least know the basics and can begin to move forward on their own.

    The reason for this idea is because the majority of competitions are going to be editing and I hate seeing the community divide themselves over editing or not, or deciding to not join because they think they can't do well. Editing can be a great experience, even if it is time consuming. You learn things that can really blow your mind (at least for me!).

    Also, I never presented this idea to anyone because the majority of the time these "beginner" competitions die faster than you can blink. People join and flake out and it's extremely annoying to anyone else who wants to learn. So I'm cautious about it because I don't want to devote my time and then have everyone leave......And I've experienced this before, twice, in the Sims 3 comps when I was beginning. We had a few beginner comps that died before they could get far. I did learn a few things, but everything else I do is from fiddling with the program and reading guides.

    Sooooo....What do you guys say? Is anyone here willing to join another laidback competition to learn how to edit? I promise we will start super small, and I'll include some guides on in game photos as well. xD

    This is a great idea! I would love to join if you do this :)
  • PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    @MizoreYukii I think if someone did a minor editing competition that would be great! I for one am not very experienced at editing so this could be a competition were you get to learn along the way!
    dmlX3n8.jpg


  • Ashley SimsAshley Sims Posts: 217 Member
    (Sorry for posting so much, Bob. xD)

    Also, this has fueled my idea, and even though I don't think I have all the time in the world, it may happen.

    The idea is to start a Beginners Editing Competition (minus eliminations). If someone else here, who is a better editor and knows Sims 4 better than I do, would like to lead this idea instead, please say you will and just get started when you can. If not, I guess I'll set one up later (anyone who knows how to edit want to help?). If I do start a comp, the editing guides I post will also be in my normal guide, for those who don't participate and for those later down the line. Also, I am not an expert on editing, but I'm willing to help people catch up so they at least know the basics and can begin to move forward on their own.

    The reason for this idea is because the majority of competitions are going to be editing and I hate seeing the community divide themselves over editing or not, or deciding to not join because they think they can't do well. Editing can be a great experience, even if it is time consuming. You learn things that can really blow your mind (at least for me!).

    Also, I never presented this idea to anyone because the majority of the time these "beginner" competitions die faster than you can blink. People join and flake out and it's extremely annoying to anyone else who wants to learn. So I'm cautious about it because I don't want to devote my time and then have everyone leave......And I've experienced this before, twice, in the Sims 3 comps when I was beginning. We had a few beginner comps that died before they could get far. I did learn a few things, but everything else I do is from fiddling with the program and reading guides.

    Sooooo....What do you guys say? Is anyone here willing to join another laidback competition to learn how to edit? I promise we will start super small, and I'll include some guides on in game photos as well. xD
    Sounds fun, I have a basic idea on editing and can manage in competitions so I might pop in and out if it's as laid back as you say.
    mnXJJis.png
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,130 Member
    Glad people are interested! I'll do some organizing of the idea while I wait on more comments and opinions.
    Also, today I am reworking a bit of the hosting section in my guide. I'll post on my thread when an update has been made.

    (Sorry for posting so much, Bob. xD)

    Also, this has fueled my idea, and even though I don't think I have all the time in the world, it may happen.

    The idea is to start a Beginners Editing Competition (minus eliminations). If someone else here, who is a better editor and knows Sims 4 better than I do, would like to lead this idea instead, please say you will and just get started when you can. If not, I guess I'll set one up later (anyone who knows how to edit want to help?). If I do start a comp, the editing guides I post will also be in my normal guide, for those who don't participate and for those later down the line. Also, I am not an expert on editing, but I'm willing to help people catch up so they at least know the basics and can begin to move forward on their own.

    The reason for this idea is because the majority of competitions are going to be editing and I hate seeing the community divide themselves over editing or not, or deciding to not join because they think they can't do well. Editing can be a great experience, even if it is time consuming. You learn things that can really blow your mind (at least for me!).

    Also, I never presented this idea to anyone because the majority of the time these "beginner" competitions die faster than you can blink. People join and flake out and it's extremely annoying to anyone else who wants to learn. So I'm cautious about it because I don't want to devote my time and then have everyone leave......And I've experienced this before, twice, in the Sims 3 comps when I was beginning. We had a few beginner comps that died before they could get far. I did learn a few things, but everything else I do is from fiddling with the program and reading guides.

    Sooooo....What do you guys say? Is anyone here willing to join another laidback competition to learn how to edit? I promise we will start super small, and I'll include some guides on in game photos as well. xD
    Sounds fun, I have a basic idea on editing and can manage in competitions so I might pop in and out if it's as laid back as you say.
    I was planning on still having people sign up, but one where you can decide to join for that assignment is a much better idea, especially if someone already knows how to do this or that. This is why I need people to comment when I have ideas. It helps. xD

  • Ashley SimsAshley Sims Posts: 217 Member
    Glad people are interested! I'll do some organizing of the idea while I wait on more comments and opinions.
    Also, today I am reworking a bit of the hosting section in my guide. I'll post on my thread when an update has been made.

    (Sorry for posting so much, Bob. xD)

    Also, this has fueled my idea, and even though I don't think I have all the time in the world, it may happen.

    The idea is to start a Beginners Editing Competition (minus eliminations). If someone else here, who is a better editor and knows Sims 4 better than I do, would like to lead this idea instead, please say you will and just get started when you can. If not, I guess I'll set one up later (anyone who knows how to edit want to help?). If I do start a comp, the editing guides I post will also be in my normal guide, for those who don't participate and for those later down the line. Also, I am not an expert on editing, but I'm willing to help people catch up so they at least know the basics and can begin to move forward on their own.

    The reason for this idea is because the majority of competitions are going to be editing and I hate seeing the community divide themselves over editing or not, or deciding to not join because they think they can't do well. Editing can be a great experience, even if it is time consuming. You learn things that can really blow your mind (at least for me!).

    Also, I never presented this idea to anyone because the majority of the time these "beginner" competitions die faster than you can blink. People join and flake out and it's extremely annoying to anyone else who wants to learn. So I'm cautious about it because I don't want to devote my time and then have everyone leave......And I've experienced this before, twice, in the Sims 3 comps when I was beginning. We had a few beginner comps that died before they could get far. I did learn a few things, but everything else I do is from fiddling with the program and reading guides.

    Sooooo....What do you guys say? Is anyone here willing to join another laidback competition to learn how to edit? I promise we will start super small, and I'll include some guides on in game photos as well. xD
    Sounds fun, I have a basic idea on editing and can manage in competitions so I might pop in and out if it's as laid back as you say.
    I was planning on still having people sign up, but one where you can decide to join for that assignment is a much better idea, especially if someone already knows how to do this or that. This is why I need people to comment when I have ideas. It helps. xD

    I try xD
    mnXJJis.png
  • SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,208 Member
    Am I still okay to enter? :) If so, I do that now!
  • SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,208 Member
    13223881754f29d3ecfcb84e07e13cb7eebd5d7f0940e89bebddd4fa611983820d6a741a.jpg

    Melody has always been the top in her class. She loved school and had a great life with her Italian mother and American father. She was always raised in America, though would spend alot of time in Italy visiting relatives on her fathers side so she is fluent in Italian. She is smart, well read and enjoys a good book. She is also very tough, and not afraid of speaking her mind. Although she lives a fairly privileged life, she is down to earth. She does have a tendency of over thinking every decision she makes, and this can lead to bad ones being made! She also tends to keep things bottled up until its too late.
  • EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    I want to enter this, but at the same time I kinda do a lot of editing ._. Like, a lot :x
    Have you decided on due date yet, Bob? Or just waiting on more contestants?
    I want to do a Sims 4 comp along with the Sims 3 one I entered so badly ._.
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 2,844 Member
    Are there still spots left to reserve? I'd love to join! Sims and Survivor, two of my favorite things :)
    hpiSnOx.jpg
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,205 Member
    LemmyLouch wrote: »
    13223881754f29d3ecfcb84e07e13cb7eebd5d7f0940e89bebddd4fa611983820d6a741a.jpg

    Melody has always been the top in her class. She loved school and had a great life with her Italian mother and American father. She was always raised in America, though would spend alot of time in Italy visiting relatives on her fathers side so she is fluent in Italian. She is smart, well read and enjoys a good book. She is also very tough, and not afraid of speaking her mind. Although she lives a fairly privileged life, she is down to earth. She does have a tendency of over thinking every decision she makes, and this can lead to bad ones being made! She also tends to keep things bottled up until its too late.

    This is amazing, I love it. <3 YAY
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,205 Member
    Eliavah wrote: »
    I want to enter this, but at the same time I kinda do a lot of editing ._. Like, a lot :x
    Have you decided on due date yet, Bob? Or just waiting on more contestants?
    I want to do a Sims 4 comp along with the Sims 3 one I entered so badly ._.

    No, no due date yet, I just need roughly 8 models to start with, at least. But, I'm hoping to get a lot more than that x) XD

    Editing is allowed :) There's no limit.
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,205 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Are there still spots left to reserve? I'd love to join! Sims and Survivor, two of my favorite things :)

    Of course :) It would be awesome to have you!
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,208 Member
    LemmyLouch wrote: »
    13223881754f29d3ecfcb84e07e13cb7eebd5d7f0940e89bebddd4fa611983820d6a741a.jpg

    Melody has always been the top in her class. She loved school and had a great life with her Italian mother and American father. She was always raised in America, though would spend alot of time in Italy visiting relatives on her fathers side so she is fluent in Italian. She is smart, well read and enjoys a good book. She is also very tough, and not afraid of speaking her mind. Although she lives a fairly privileged life, she is down to earth. She does have a tendency of over thinking every decision she makes, and this can lead to bad ones being made! She also tends to keep things bottled up until its too late.

    This is amazing, I love it. <3 YAY

    Yay thanks <3
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,205 Member
    LemmyLouch wrote: »
    LemmyLouch wrote: »
    13223881754f29d3ecfcb84e07e13cb7eebd5d7f0940e89bebddd4fa611983820d6a741a.jpg

    Melody has always been the top in her class. She loved school and had a great life with her Italian mother and American father. She was always raised in America, though would spend alot of time in Italy visiting relatives on her fathers side so she is fluent in Italian. She is smart, well read and enjoys a good book. She is also very tough, and not afraid of speaking her mind. Although she lives a fairly privileged life, she is down to earth. She does have a tendency of over thinking every decision she makes, and this can lead to bad ones being made! She also tends to keep things bottled up until its too late.

    This is amazing, I love it. <3 YAY

    Yay thanks <3

    Pleasure, huge fan of your work <3
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,208 Member
    LemmyLouch wrote: »
    LemmyLouch wrote: »
    13223881754f29d3ecfcb84e07e13cb7eebd5d7f0940e89bebddd4fa611983820d6a741a.jpg

    Melody has always been the top in her class. She loved school and had a great life with her Italian mother and American father. She was always raised in America, though would spend alot of time in Italy visiting relatives on her fathers side so she is fluent in Italian. She is smart, well read and enjoys a good book. She is also very tough, and not afraid of speaking her mind. Although she lives a fairly privileged life, she is down to earth. She does have a tendency of over thinking every decision she makes, and this can lead to bad ones being made! She also tends to keep things bottled up until its too late.

    This is amazing, I love it. <3 YAY

    Yay thanks <3

    Pleasure, huge fan of your work <3

    Oooooo, that means alot to me. :D<3
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    @MizoreYukii

    I'll definitely be joining!

    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,205 Member
    Bump for some more entries.
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top