Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hunting for insects, some just don't spawn?

I can't find a bee, or a walking stick, or a fire ant. I have read up on everything, but I have looked everywhere just in case I might stumble upon something! Does anyone else have that issue or does anyone have some other tips for finding them? My sim needs to find a fire ant to complete an herbalism thing and I have become obsessed~! lol

Comments

• Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I think I saw some fire ants close to the place where you go to the hermit's house. :)
  • Options
    ClayMaskClayMask Posts: 138 Member
    Most people can't find the bee and walking stick now, after a patch that happened on 3/26. I see many fire ants in the original camping area. They are often kind of close to the bathrooms.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    My scientist got them from transforming easter eggs :)

I have seen the fire ants in the wild though.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I see fire ants often on the ground by a tree right in front of the second cheapest house to rent (not including the camp ground). Most often that spot has lady bugs, followed by fire ants, and occasionally a few other types.
  • Options
    cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    > @ClayMask said:
    > Most people can't find the bee and walking stick now, after a patch that happened on 3/26. I see many fire ants in the original camping area. They are often kind of close to the bathrooms.

Thanks for that info, maybe I will stop obsessing about those things so much! Soon after I posted this, I rebooted my pc and fired the game back up and immediately found fire ants. But my sim just reached level 10 herbalism so I want to have all the stuff he needs to brew the concoctions.
  • Options
    > @have2admit said:
    > I think I saw some fire ants close to the place where you go to the hermit's house. :)
    I always see the same bugs in the same places. I have so many termites I have to sell them because it is just overkill! (I see something crawling and I have to catch it just in case it might be something new!)
  • Options
    > @Figwit said:
    > My scientist got them from transforming easter eggs :)
    >
    > I have seen the fire ants in the wild though.
    wow I wish I had made him a scientist....he is a bakery owner though.
  • Options
    > @TriX0099 said:
    > I see fire ants often on the ground by a tree right in front of the second cheapest house to rent (not including the camp ground). Most often that spot has lady bugs, followed by fire ants, and occasionally a few other types.

Well I got lady bugs AFTER finding the fire ant FINALLY and I just think that it knows if you "need" a certain thing and makes it harder for you to get it. I think I used to see rocks all the time everywhere in Sims3, but when one of my sims kids wanted to find a rock, all rocks had disappeared for some reason lol! And I don't think the game should be "easy" but when I wanted a cow plant, and was trying to hard to find the things to grow one and reach gardening level, one of my sims just caught a cowplant berry by accident and I was like????