Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Summer Sale?

I know that this time last year, Origin had a sale going on their games and it got me wondering when is the next Summer sale going to happen? I expect it to be just anytime now, and due to the fact that they haven't had a big sale in quite a while. I'm really wanting a good sale to come along, and hopefully be able to get Luxury Party for at least 50% off. Honestly, for the amount of content and the lack of gameplay it provides, It's not worth ten dollars. Not that I don't want it, because I think the little bit of content that is in it is good and I like it. Anyways, I'm rambling on here. Does anyone happen to know anything on the next sale?
siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97

Comments

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    They never announce a sale, mostly I found out trough Simsvip because they update everyday, this way you can check up everyday if they do have a sale! I'm waiting for it too since I want to get a few eps from Sims 3, so hopefully soon! It was around June/July last year so like you said if they do it, it shouldn't be too long, I hope ^^!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    DameGiggsyDameGiggsy Posts: 416 Member
    I always found out about sales through emails from Origin.
  • Options
    Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    DameGiggsy wrote: »
    I always found out about sales through emails from Origin.

Oh, I didn't even know Origin offered an email service like that! Any idea how to sign up?
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    They never announce a sale, mostly I found out trough Simsvip because they update everyday, this way you can check up everyday if they do have a sale! I'm waiting for it too since I want to get a few eps from Sims 3, so hopefully soon! It was around June/July last year so like you said if they do it, it shouldn't be too long, I hope ^^!

Yeah I stick to SimsVIP a lot. Alexis really does a good job on staying up-to-date on the latest Sims news.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Rumours has it that Origins competitor Steam will start a major sale later this week.
    This might put some pressure on Origin to start a sale as well. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    itsug wrote: »
    Rumours has it that Origins competitor Steam will start a major sale later this week.

This better happen then. I want a sale NOW!
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member

That'll be amazing because I could really use a sale right now, Amazon and Best buy + others are all having sales for the Sims 3 / 4 for only 10.- an expansion, I do hope origin follows on to that!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options

That'll be amazing because I could really use a sale right now, Amazon and Best buy + others are all having sales for the Sims 3 / 4 for only 10.- an expansion, I do hope origin follows on to that!

Yeah, I really would love to get Diesel Stuff for a good bargain as well.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    TBH I think a Steam sale will be more useful than an Origin one. B)
  • Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    edited June 2015
    There's always a summer sale. And Origins recycles the same 5 games anyways which includes the Sims series so there is a high chance it will be on the list. Expansion packs aren't usually on sale because marketing but who knows maybe this year they will try a different tactic like how they introduced game packs.

Side note: Origins can do whatever it wants but it will never reach Steam in terms of anything. So it really doesn't matter what Origins/EA does.
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Never liked the origin client, and probably never will, so I agree with you whole heartedly.
    However, they have both been having their sales at the same time previously, which I based my guess on. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    There's always a summer sale. And Origins recycles the same 5 games anyways which includes the Sims series so there is a high chance it will be on the list. Expansion packs aren't usually on sale because marketing but who knows maybe this year they will try a different tactic like how they introduced game packs.

Side note: Origins can do whatever it wants but it will never reach Steam in terms of anything. So it really doesn't matter what Origins/EA does.

I' sorry, but I'm Origin all the way. I know it offers less sales and less games, but I like it's simplicity, plus when I buy a Sims games through it, I am purchasing directly from EA itself. I just feel more comfortable doing that.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    I find it funny how steam and origin are competitors but sims 3 is on steam. Lol. (thenagainsteamisabetterservicebutwithsomereallybadgamesAHEM)
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2015
    I find it funny how steam and origin are competitors but sims 3 is on steam. Lol. (thenagainsteamisabetterservicebutwithsomereallybadgamesAHEM)

I "think" this is because originally EA didn't have their own digital service platform or if they did they weren't as serious about it so they allowed Steam the rights to sell TS3 on their platform. When EA did become more serious about Origin they basically picked up their ball and went home; you might notice Steam is lacking some of the newer TS3 expansions.

I'm hoping Origin do have a sale. I really want to get (edit: Get to Work) but I just cannot justify that price point, I know I'm going to enjoy it but £30 is such a dang rip off for what it is.
    Post edited by Darkslayer on
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    As long as they put Dungeon Keeper on sale.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »

I "think" this is because originally EA didn't have their own digital service platform or if they did they weren't as serious about it so they allowed Steam the rights to sell TS3 on their platform. When EA did become more serious about Origin they basically picked up their ball and went home; you might notice Steam is lacking some of the newer TS3 expansions.

I'm hoping Origin do have a sale. I really want to get Back to Work but I just cannot justify that price point, I know I'm going to enjoy it but £30 is such a dang rip off for what it is.

This. I don't feel that I need GTW but if it were to go on sale for 50% off I would most likely buy it anyway.
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    The only way I know a sale is going on, is when Origin opens up while I'm playing a game. Because, even though I don't go through origin (most played games are pinned to my tool bar) the darn thing still opens.

Plus there's a pop up when Origin launches letting me know.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    A lot of places in the USA have sales prior to 4th of July. They call them 4th of July blowout sales. So generally the weekend before 4th of July you can start looking for various sales. 4th of July is the USA Independence Day - so naturally stores seem to associate it with sales like all the other big Holidays. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    A lot of places in the USA have sales prior to 4th of July. They call them 4th of July blowout sales. So generally the weekend before 4th of July you can start looking for various sales. 4th of July is the USA Independence Day - so naturally stores seem to associate it with sales like all the other big Holidays. LOL.

Thank god I'm American
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    The only way I know a sale is going on, is when Origin opens up while I'm playing a game. Because, even though I don't go through origin (most played games are pinned to my tool bar) the darn thing still opens.

Yeah and that sucks. I really wish they could send me an email notification and ahead of time too, so we can all know what to expect.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    Darkslayer wrote: »

I'm hoping Origin do have a sale. I really want to get Back to Work but I just cannot justify that price point, I know I'm going to enjoy it but £30 is such a dang rip off for what it is.

I think all EP's should be no more than $30 USD. To me, $40 USD is just pushing it.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options

I was just thinking about that. Why would EA allow their own game be sold by their major competitor? Makes no sense really. :/
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2015
    Amazon supposedly has a 1 day sale today only, on Sims 4 and GTW - Sims 4 for 39.99 and GTW for 27.99.
    ETA
    Edited to change from Origin to Amazon and the sale is good til Thursday June 11 - not just today.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    Whovian97 wrote: »

Yeah and that sucks. I really wish they could send me an email notification and ahead of time too, so we can all know what to expect.

I wish they would as well. Because I never, ever, get an email notification despite being signed up for emails.
  • Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Origin supposedly has a 1 day sale today only on Sims 4 and GTW - Sims 4 for 39.99 and GTW for 27.99.

I'm on origin now and as far as I can tell no TS4 games are currently on sale :neutral:
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer