Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collectibles in Magnolia Promenade

My Sim just traveled there looking for things to do or collect. The area is DEAD. I scanned the entire zone. I could find only one fishing spot, one grill and two chess boards. There wasn't a Sim to be seen, other than my sad, lonely Sim. The sad excuse for a playground was completely empty (in all honesty, if I were a kid, I wouldn't want to play there, either -- not enough equipment). I saw no diggable rocks, no harvestable flowers, no harvestable trees... basically no anything.

Seems like a waste of time and effort to go there. Certainly, I must be missing something?

Comments

• poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    You can fish off the dock by the paddle boat. There are a few collectables, but it is just a few. I think it's more a shopping area than an exploring area.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Thank you, @Poeticnebula. I wish there was more. Guess my Sims won't be spending very much time there. Shopping is not one of my favored activities (I'd rather be playing a game!), so by extension, my Sims don't get excited about shopping either.
    I understand completely. I've not even entered the shops with the exception of the time I had my sim open a flower shop but then my computer died and I haven't purchased a shop again.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    My sims live there and for some reason, there are a quite a few sims walking around. I'm not too sure why in your game it's dead. But yeah, there's no collectibles like rocks. There are only some small plants that you can harvest and also the fishing spot.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Hehe @DeKay, it was so dead, even the ghosts had abandoned it :).

In all seriousness, maybe you have to have a Sim living there for it to generate some townies. It just seemed odd to be, literally, the only one there. Eerie!
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I tried to have my Sims live there but the lots are so small. That park with the chess tables is a prime place to get abducted. Well it was before the last patch. In my game there are only two logs for frogs in the whole hood.

I am currently building on the 50x50 lot in Willow Creek. It's not a park anymore. Tons of collectibles!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Hehe @DeKay, it was so dead, even the ghosts had abandoned it :).

In all seriousness, maybe you have to have a Sim living there for it to generate some townies. It just seemed odd to be, literally, the only one there. Eerie!

Could be. But I've also seen sims that I created who live in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs walk by. However, I don't get stalker sims there knocking on my sims' door all the time, so it could be something wrong with Magnolia Promenade... XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    I am playing an asylum challenge and put my asylum in MP in the empty space. My crazies keep going to the park to use the bathroom and sleep on the benches LOL. I can't get my normal sims to leave the lot for anything but plop down an asylum and tell them to stay and off they go! I tend to have a lot of kids wandering around and I yell at them to go to school! Just like real life they are skipping school and hanging out in the shops!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    That huge park area is a waste of space. We could have had a couple more lots on which to build. I've managed to find one frog log near the back channel waterway. Also, a few wild plants to harvest and a couple rocks, but not much.
    Origin ID: nik24x7