Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House Challenge

Comments

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    > @dario said:
    > hey guys, another tiny house (this time for a couple). i hope you enjoy! (search for Rindle Rose For Two) regards!

Very nice. I was trying to figure out how to put a double bed in 16sq. It wasn't working. Though if I jam it into a corner, one person can get in the bed and scoot over then the other person can get in bed. But woohooing won't work.

So long as there is 1/2 square free on each side of a double bed couples can use it for simlet making purposes. o:)

Which means a doubled bed will fit in a 4x3 sized room or space.

I tried to figure out every which way to place a double bed in a 16 tile house, but there is no way to place the bathroom stuff and kitchen. I miss the all-in-one bathroom!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited June 2015
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    > @dario said:
    > hey guys, another tiny house (this time for a couple). i hope you enjoy! (search for Rindle Rose For Two) regards!

Very nice. I was trying to figure out how to put a double bed in 16sq. It wasn't working. Though if I jam it into a corner, one person can get in the bed and scoot over then the other person can get in bed. But woohooing won't work.

So long as there is 1/2 square free on each side of a double bed couples can use it for simlet making purposes. o:)

I tried to figure out every which way to place a double bed in a 16 tile house, but there is no way to place the bathroom stuff and kitchen. I miss the all-in-one bathroom!

Sounds like a challenge for me :) to try. I still need to do the repair & cache clear so maybe I'll load up 4 today and work on a couple of builds.

eta:
    I know just the thing, I'll try an rv style build.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • silverlilymisilverlilymi Posts: 44 Member
    > @Mmdrgntobldrgn said:
    >
    > So long as there is 1/2 square free on each side of a double bed couples can use it for simlet making purposes. o:)
    >
    > Which means a doubled bed will fit in a 4x3 sized room or space.

Then comes the problem of where to put the simlet, lol. I tried uploading my tinyhouse to the gallery and I got notification that it worked, but when I search my origin ID it doesn't come up. Will keep trying.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2015
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    > @dario said:

Sounds like a challenge for me :) to try. I still need to do the repair & cache clear so maybe I'll load up 4 today and work on a couple of builds.

eta:
    I know just the thing, I'll try an rv style build.

I'd be interested to see if you can manage it.

I tried it in the RV style, but it didn't work out...I did 3 tiles wide which ended up like this: 5 rows of 3 tiles wide with one tile left over. 3x3 is for the bed. Then you need at least 3x1 for the bathroom and 4x2 for the kitchen. It is very hard to manage and the double bed just takes up way too much room. Perhaps we could forego the kitchen and place a grill, but that feels pretty cheaty.
  • SelychanSelychan Posts: 279 Member
    All these houses are amazing!!! I did a tiny starter home a while ago...you can find it in my gallery:

http://www.thesims.com/it_IT/gallery/F814DD0BFD8311E484BA74782C4318E8?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Selychan&max=25

It's named Linda.

I will definetely try to build another tiny home soon! :)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This thread is wonderful :smiley: I enjoy watching your builds so much.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    This thread is wonderful :smiley: I enjoy watching your builds so much.

Thank you
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Here's mine! Actually really love it

295vbx4.jpg
    1q0jea.jpg
    301qdlj.jpg
    29126ty.jpg
    2dawpyf.jpg
    2hf17rm.jpg
    2cy4bd1.jpg
    vffc6a.jpg
  • Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    @rodneyclint that is so great, is it on the gallery??

@Simsweetie thank you for uploading, its beautiful!

Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • K4le8K4le8 Posts: 217 Member
    These are all so wonderful! They look really good guys!
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    @Letty91 it is not, but that can be changed! I'll upload it now, Origin ID is rodneyclint
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We need ladders!
  • K4le8K4le8 Posts: 217 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > We need ladders!

I would like that too.
    Semi finished the RV, then came to the conclusion that there are some awesome landscapers in this thread. So it's uploaded as is with a note that if anyone chooses to landscape the lot then I have no objections to them re-uping it if they note the changes they made. Same applies for clutter, as I tend to forget decor stuff.

The RV is longer, but not wider, than the 3x5 (15 squares). I think it's about 11 squares long.

Fern Park - RV no cc
    00.jpg
    01.jpg
    02.jpg

The Goths came by to check it out
    53639040fac3836250a82b584545a736.jpg
    a401274da24b5aa77a67ef107fbf2831.jpg
    ..... no simlets resulted from their testing, but Bella did insist that if she was to make a salad she had to have more counter space ;)
    fa3752a92894a5b4c43661ef22eaf7fa.jpg

..... which is why the RV comes with a family sized salad :oops: :blush:
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    edited June 2015
    Here's my tiny house. It's not that different from what's been posted here, but I wanted to share anyway... Hope you guys like it! :)

Tiny Starter Home

14-06-15_20-53_zpsrvagwyup.png
    14-06-15_20-54_zps8zt9pifo.png
    14-06-15_20-55-3_zpsqpx6zwlp.png
    14-06-15_20-55-2_zpsvsb2wwme.png
  • dariodario Posts: 43 Member
    @vethesims, really nice interior. +1 :)
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2015
    vethesims wrote: »
    Here's my tiny house. It's not that different from what's been posted here, but I wanted to share anyway... Hope you guys like it! :)

Love it. Even though many of these are similar. They all have their own uniqueness to them. We can only do so much when it comes to limited space, but we can always add our own personal touches.

By the way. I have another one. I really wanted to do a tent-trailer, but these dang platforms make it really difficult. So I improvised a little and made a tiny mobile instead.

tinyHome_1.jpg

tinyHome_2.jpg

tinyHome_3.jpg

tinyHome_4.jpg

tinyHome_5.jpg

tinyHome_6.jpg

tinyHome_7.jpg
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    @dario Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :) The interior was hard to figure out, but I also liked how it turned out...

@kremesch73 Thanks, glad you liked it! And yeah, every house is a little different, I'm loving to see everybody's work! Loved your tiny house!! I'm thinking about building another one too...
    Oh I love those! With the rounded roofs. Great job!

I cannot get anything at all to upload to my gallery, not even to save to my library. I should probably go investigate why that is.
    Oh I love those! With the rounded roofs. Great job!

I cannot get anything at all to upload to my gallery, not even to save to my library. I should probably go investigate why that is.

Try repair game and clear your caches full cache clearing instructions >>> http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Figured it out! It's there. OriginID is the same: silverlilymi
    edited June 2015

I want to 'like' your post, but I also want to 'lol' it, just because I've had so many of those moments myself. So, I went with the latter.

Lavender Grace is very cute. :)
    00.jpg
    02.jpg

It will be a very cute house for a sim who likes to garden & collect.

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited June 2015

It will be a very cute house for a sim who likes to garden & collect.

Very nice. It's perfect for a tiny home.
    Thanks for posting the pictures! It's exactly what my 7 year old picked out in terms of decor. I don't let her have free reign on the game, but she thinks she's hot stuff getting to decorate :)