Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Not showing up in CAS

Comments

• MorgaSimmingMorgaSimming Posts: 3 New Member
    > @MorgaSimming said:
    > Hello, I have been having trouble with my cc not showing up in CAS. I'm not sure why though. When ever I get new cc and try to put it into my game none of my cc shows up even though they have been working ever since. So I take it out thinking that something there was a problem and just go back and start up my game and my cc is still not showing up and I don't know why. If anyone knows why the problem may be could you please tell me? Thank you advance, have a nice day.

Also forgot to mention that have the mesh I need and I enabled cc and my game is up to date. To clarify not only is my cc not showing but any even the base game stuff and all the stuff packs and all that.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello, I have been having trouble with my cc not showing up in CAS. I'm not sure why though. When ever I get new cc and try to put it into my game none of my cc shows up even though they have been working ever since. So I take it out thinking that something there was a problem and just go back and start up my game and my cc is still not showing up and I don't know why. If anyone knows why the problem may be could you please tell me? Thank you advance, have a nice day.
    > @MorgaSimming said:
    > Hello, I have been having trouble with my cc not showing up in CAS. I'm not sure why though. When ever I get new cc and try to put it into my game none of my cc shows up even though they have been working ever since. So I take it out thinking that something there was a problem and just go back and start up my game and my cc is still not showing up and I don't know why. If anyone knows why the problem may be could you please tell me? Thank you advance, have a nice day.

Also forgot to mention that have the mesh I need and I enabled cc and my game is up to date. To clarify not only is my cc not showing but any even the base game stuff and all the stuff packs and all that.

Hello
    Move your whole rmods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the base game and packs items then appear, If they do then appear , then exit the game, Then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    This happened to someone in June who tried to use a bird tattoo by Caitus. Everything in CAS disappeared until they unchecked ALL the filters.
  • MorgaSimmingMorgaSimming Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > MorgaSimming wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > @MorgaSimming said:
    > > Hello, I have been having trouble with my cc not showing up in CAS. I'm not sure why though. When ever I get new cc and try to put it into my game none of my cc shows up even though they have been working ever since. So I take it out thinking that something there was a problem and just go back and start up my game and my cc is still not showing up and I don't know why. If anyone knows why the problem may be could you please tell me? Thank you advance, have a nice day.
    >
    > Also forgot to mention that have the mesh I need and I enabled cc and my game is up to date. To clarify not only is my cc not showing but any even the base game stuff and all the stuff packs and all that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Move your whole rmods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the base game and packs items then appear, If they do then appear , then exit the game, Then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

Thank you for the helping I will try that.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > @MorgaSimming said:
    > > Hello, I have been having trouble with my cc not showing up in CAS. I'm not sure why though. When ever I get new cc and try to put it into my game none of my cc shows up even though they have been working ever since. So I take it out thinking that something there was a problem and just go back and start up my game and my cc is still not showing up and I don't know why. If anyone knows why the problem may be could you please tell me? Thank you advance, have a nice day.
    >
    > Also forgot to mention that have the mesh I need and I enabled cc and my game is up to date. To clarify not only is my cc not showing but any even the base game stuff and all the stuff packs and all that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Move your whole rmods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the base game and packs items then appear, If they do then appear , then exit the game, Then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

Thank you for the helping I will try that.

You're welcome :)
  • CrimsonCrimson Posts: 6 New Member
    I've always used a lot of cc. I updated my game I turned on cc through game options-other-enable mods and cc. When I restarted my game it didn't show up. Restarted my computer, didn't work. I then made the heartbreaking decision to delete all of my cc and start over incase there was a file that wasn't compatible. With how much I had it would have taken forever to find it. I then got new cc, installed correctly and carefully, and still none of it will show up. None of my previous games saved either. So I have none of the sims I've made and I can't make new ones because my cc won't work. PLEASE HELP!!
    Crimson wrote: »
    I've always used a lot of cc. I updated my game I turned on cc through game options-other-enable mods and cc. When I restarted my game it didn't show up. Restarted my computer, didn't work. I then made the heartbreaking decision to delete all of my cc and start over incase there was a file that wasn't compatible. With how much I had it would have taken forever to find it. I then got new cc, installed correctly and carefully, and still none of it will show up. None of my previous games saved either. So I have none of the sims I've made and I can't make new ones because my cc won't work. PLEASE HELP!!

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
    If you are missing sims in your library, check that you have ticked the " include custom content " box in the advanced section of the filter in the gallery.
    > @rosemow said:
    > Crimson wrote: »
    >
    > I've always used a lot of cc. I updated my game I turned on cc through game options-other-enable mods and cc. When I restarted my game it didn't show up. Restarted my computer, didn't work. I then made the heartbreaking decision to delete all of my cc and start over incase there was a file that wasn't compatible. With how much I had it would have taken forever to find it. I then got new cc, installed correctly and carefully, and still none of it will show up. None of my previous games saved either. So I have none of the sims I've made and I can't make new ones because my cc won't work. PLEASE HELP!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
    > If you are missing sims in your library, check that you have ticked the " include custom content " box in the advanced section of the filter in the gallery.

I moved my sims4 folder to my desktop and started the sims4. Once I exited the game, the sims4 file didn't regenerate.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I've always used a lot of cc. I updated my game I turned on cc through game options-other-enable mods and cc. When I restarted my game it didn't show up. Restarted my computer, didn't work. I then made the heartbreaking decision to delete all of my cc and start over incase there was a file that wasn't compatible. With how much I had it would have taken forever to find it. I then got new cc, installed correctly and carefully, and still none of it will show up. None of my previous games saved either. So I have none of the sims I've made and I can't make new ones because my cc won't work. PLEASE HELP!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
    > If you are missing sims in your library, check that you have ticked the " include custom content " box in the advanced section of the filter in the gallery.

I moved my sims4 folder to my desktop and started the sims4. Once I exited the game, the sims4 file didn't regenerate.

Are you using One Drive ? Using that can cause issues, If you are, it would be best to unsync Sims 4 and One Drive, so that it doesn't make back up copies of the sims 4 folder. The game may be trying to use the One Drive Sims 4 back up copy, instead of the Documents -electronic arts -sims 4.folder.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Crimson wrote: »
    > >
    > > I've always used a lot of cc. I updated my game I turned on cc through game options-other-enable mods and cc. When I restarted my game it didn't show up. Restarted my computer, didn't work. I then made the heartbreaking decision to delete all of my cc and start over incase there was a file that wasn't compatible. With how much I had it would have taken forever to find it. I then got new cc, installed correctly and carefully, and still none of it will show up. None of my previous games saved either. So I have none of the sims I've made and I can't make new ones because my cc won't work. PLEASE HELP!!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > > Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
    > > If you are missing sims in your library, check that you have ticked the " include custom content " box in the advanced section of the filter in the gallery.
    >
    > I moved my sims4 folder to my desktop and started the sims4. Once I exited the game, the sims4 file didn't regenerate.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you using One Drive ? Using that can cause issues, If you are, it would be best to unsync Sims 4 and One Drive, so that it doesn't make back up copies of the sims 4 folder. The game may be trying to use the One Drive Sims 4 back up copy, instead of the Documents -electronic arts -sims 4.folder.

My one drive and sim4 file weren't synced. Also, thanks for your help so far!
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Crimson wrote: »
    > >
    > > I've always used a lot of cc. I updated my game I turned on cc through game options-other-enable mods and cc. When I restarted my game it didn't show up. Restarted my computer, didn't work. I then made the heartbreaking decision to delete all of my cc and start over incase there was a file that wasn't compatible. With how much I had it would have taken forever to find it. I then got new cc, installed correctly and carefully, and still none of it will show up. None of my previous games saved either. So I have none of the sims I've made and I can't make new ones because my cc won't work. PLEASE HELP!!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > > Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
    > > If you are missing sims in your library, check that you have ticked the " include custom content " box in the advanced section of the filter in the gallery.
    >
    > I moved my sims4 folder to my desktop and started the sims4. Once I exited the game, the sims4 file didn't regenerate.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you using One Drive ? Using that can cause issues, If you are, it would be best to unsync Sims 4 and One Drive, so that it doesn't make back up copies of the sims 4 folder. The game may be trying to use the One Drive Sims 4 back up copy, instead of the Documents -electronic arts -sims 4.folder.

My one drive and sim4 file weren't synced. Also, thanks for your help so far!

Try checking to see if there is a back up copy of the sims 4 folder in One Drive just in case the game is trying to use that one , even though you haven't synced them
    I just checked and there isn't a sims4 folder in One Drive.
    edited July 2017
    I just checked and there isn't a sims4 folder in One Drive.

A new sims 4 folder should have been generated when moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop and starting a new save game. Can you try doing it again, by keeping your old sims 4 folder on the desktop, loading sims 4, starting and playing a new save game for a little while, then saving the game. Then exit the game, and see if a new sims 4 folder has been generated.,
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I just checked and there isn't a sims4 folder in One Drive.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > A new sims 4 folder should have been generated when moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop and starting a new save game. Can you try doing it again, by keeping your old sims 4 folder on the desktop, loading sims 4, starting and playing a new save game for a little while, then saving the game. Then exit the game, and see if a new sims 4 folder has been generated.,

I create a new game, played for a few minutes, exited, and I still do not have a regenerated sims4 file.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I just checked and there isn't a sims4 folder in One Drive.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > A new sims 4 folder should have been generated when moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop and starting a new save game. Can you try doing it again, by keeping your old sims 4 folder on the desktop, loading sims 4, starting and playing a new save game for a little while, then saving the game. Then exit the game, and see if a new sims 4 folder has been generated.,

I create a new game, played for a few minutes, exited, and I still do not have a regenerated sims4 file.

If you saved the game, then it sounds like there is another sims 4 folder on your computer that the game is using instead. Try searching in the computer search bar for " tray " or " saves" or " screenshots" ( these are folders within the sims 4 folder ) to try to see if you can locate where the sims 4 folder is.
    > @rosemow
    Thank you so much! I found the file and now my cc is working perfectly! Thank you for all your help and patience!
    > @rosemow
    Thank you so much! I found the file and now my cc is working perfectly! Thank you for all your help and patience!

You're welcome :) That is great!
  • Kunoichi46Kunoichi46 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello!
    I found this thread when googling how to fix the issue I'm having and I hope I am able to fix it!
    I play Sims 4 on a mac and I downloaded (a lot) of custom content today. I'm pretty sure I downloaded it correctly.. Once I downloaded it I would extract the zip *by just double clicking and a folder would appear which would contain a picture of the items, instructions and whatnot and the package* (if there were any) and I would drag the package file to the Mods folder that was there. None of my cc are showing up in the game, not even when I check any cc or mods I have in the game. I checked the boxes in the options menu to allow cc. I thought maybe one of the cc that I downloaded was conflicting with the otbers so I just kept one cc in the Mods folder but it didn't show up in the game either (no pop up menu showing the cc I had; nada)
    I used to play Sims 4 on the same mac and downloaded cc and they worked fine before (maybe ancouple of months ago) I deleted the game a few weeks back and installed it again but I downloaded it into a large usb drive I have (since there is no space on my mac). When I used to play the game I believe it was downloaded on my actual mac and not in a separate usb. Could this be causing the problem?

Thank you for your time reading this long message (I'm sorry!) Any help would be much appreciated :)!
    edited July 2017
    Kunoichi46 wrote: »
    Hello!
    I found this thread when googling how to fix the issue I'm having and I hope I am able to fix it!
    I play Sims 4 on a mac and I downloaded (a lot) of custom content today. I'm pretty sure I downloaded it correctly.. Once I downloaded it I would extract the zip *by just double clicking and a folder would appear which would contain a picture of the items, instructions and whatnot and the package* (if there were any) and I would drag the package file to the Mods folder that was there. None of my cc are showing up in the game, not even when I check any cc or mods I have in the game. I checked the boxes in the options menu to allow cc. I thought maybe one of the cc that I downloaded was conflicting with the otbers so I just kept one cc in the Mods folder but it didn't show up in the game either (no pop up menu showing the cc I had; nada)
    I used to play Sims 4 on the same mac and downloaded cc and they worked fine before (maybe ancouple of months ago) I deleted the game a few weeks back and installed it again but I downloaded it into a large usb drive I have (since there is no space on my mac). When I used to play the game I believe it was downloaded on my actual mac and not in a separate usb. Could this be causing the problem?

Thank you for your time reading this long message (I'm sorry!) Any help would be much appreciated :)!

Hello @Kunoichi46
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. It would be best to post about issues on a thread in the Mac section of the forums. Mac simmers there will assist you . You can post on a thread that another simmer has started.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
  • Maddie7291Maddie7291 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello :smile:
    So I have been downloading CC for awhile now (like 8-10 months) and everything's been working fine, but just recently I've been downloading from TSR (like I always do) and I download it 1 by 1 correctly so I can make sure it gets downloaded and into my folder but it never shows up. I have CC and script mods on, and my old CC even shows up, but not the new ones.

Is there ANY way to fix this? :#
    edited August 2017
    Maddie7291 wrote: »
    Hello :smile:
    So I have been downloading CC for awhile now (like 8-10 months) and everything's been working fine, but just recently I've been downloading from TSR (like I always do) and I download it 1 by 1 correctly so I can make sure it gets downloaded and into my folder but it never shows up. I have CC and script mods on, and my old CC even shows up, but not the new ones.

Is there ANY way to fix this? :#

Hello @Maddie7291
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder
    @rosemow almost all of my CC that I put into the new folder is here, but two or three things are missing still becuase I have no CC pants, necklaces, or shoes.
    Maddie7291 wrote: »
    @rosemow almost all of my CC that I put into the new folder is here, but two or three things are missing still becuase I have no CC pants, necklaces, or shoes.

Hello
    Could you try redownloading the cc items that are still missing, and see if they may appear then?
    If they are rar or zip files, make sure that you take the package files out of the zipped/rar files and place them directly into the mods folder.
    Check that they aren't sims 2 or 3 cc files.
    I tried 2 and they didn't work and I decided to scrap the shoes bc I didnt want them anymore
    Oh also I extracted a rar file of cas backgrounds so I got that now