Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Not showing up in CAS

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am not sure why a new mods folder isn't regenerating.
    Try doing this.
    Go to this link thread, and half way down the page there will a picture of a drive with an arrow on it . Press that and download the file.That is a resource.cfg file that you can download and place in your mods folder. Move the resource.cfg file that is already in your mods folder to the desktop. Then take the file out of this zipped file from the link site and place it into the mods folder.

Then place the mods folder back into the sims 4 folder and test the game .

Tried that too and nothing happened

I am just checking that you have taken the files out of the zipped folders?

Also check that the files are sims 4 not sims 2 or 3.

Try using the batch fix at Sims 4 studio and see if that helps the issue.
    http://sims4studioofficial.tumblr.com/post/145345002236/june-patch-jackpot
    http://www.sims4studio.com/board/31/downloading-sims-4-studio
  • _ferreira04_ferreira04 Posts: 14 New Member
    Try doing this.
    Go to this link thread, and half way down the page there will a picture of a drive with an arrow on it . Press that and download the file.That is a resource.cfg file that you can download and place in your mods folder. Move the resource.cfg file that is already in your mods folder to the desktop. Then take the file out of this zipped file from the link site and place it into the mods folder.

Ugh, i just did that and my CC still isnt showing up at all!!

Try doing this.

Try doing this.

I even clean booted my pc, used revo and ccleaner and nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are any cc/mods appearing or are none appearing in your game?

i dont have any mods at all only CAS cc and all of it isnt showing
    Are any cc/mods appearing or are none appearing in your game?

i dont have any mods at all only CAS cc and all of it isnt showing
    Anybody know hoW TO FIX THE CC WONT SHOW UP PROBLEM!!!!????????
    I fixed my problem, anyone who has cc and it snot showing up get the mods manger on mod the sims . com that worked for me !!!
    I fixed my problem, anyone who has cc and it snot showing up get the mods manger on mod the sims . com that worked for me !!!

Hello :) I am so glad that your cc is showing up for you now! That is great! Happy simming!
  • CulinarySimmerCulinarySimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Recently I reset my computer. It kept all my old CC, but it was/is NOT in the mods folder, yet when I installed newer cc, my older cc only appeared in game. Any help is very much appreciated ! :>
    edited July 2016
    Recently I reset my computer. It kept all my old CC, but it was/is NOT in the mods folder, yet when I installed newer cc, my older cc only appeared in game. Any help is very much appreciated ! :>

Hello.
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc is there,

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods from the desktop mods folder into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
  • crblovescrbloves Posts: 4 New Member
    Please help! My cc is not showing up in my game! I have done everything right they all are unzipped and when i go to game options and i click "view custom content" it does not show up.
    crbloves wrote: »
    Please help! My cc is not showing up in my game! I have done everything right they all are unzipped and when i go to game options and i click "view custom content" it does not show up.

Hello @crbloves .
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc is there.
    Hi @rosemow ,
    I have all of those things enabled, custom content and mods... but it still wont show up... Idk what to do.
    Hi @rosemow ,
    I have all of those things enabled, custom content and mods... but it still wont show up... Idk what to do.

Hello,
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder that is in the new sims 4 folder.
    Just add a few cc items at a time and test to see if they appear in the game.

I did that and it didnt work. I'll try again.
    I did that and it didnt work. I'll try again.

Hello
    Are any cc appearing or are none showing?

Try checking to make sure that you are updated to the latest game patch.To do that, right click the sims 4 picture in origin and click " check for updates".

Make sure that there isn't two resource.cfg files in the mods folder.

Check that there are no sims 3 or sims 2 cc files in the mods folder.
  • EveehEveeh Posts: 1 New Member
    None of my female CAS items were showing up and I received a message of 'Items removed'. No CC or EA clothes however upon trying many many things e.g starting new files, ending up deleting all my CC, checking for mods enabled. All I had to do was remove the ''Feminine'' tag at the very top, and everything appeared, CC included. Obviously some of my CC caused this to be an issue but it's too big of one to deal with. Anyway, for people who have done everything & found nothing, try deleting the tag at the top of the CAS menu :)
    Eveeh wrote: »
    None of my female CAS items were showing up and I received a message of 'Items removed'. No CC or EA clothes however upon trying many many things e.g starting new files, ending up deleting all my CC, checking for mods enabled. All I had to do was remove the ''Feminine'' tag at the very top, and everything appeared, CC included. Obviously some of my CC caused this to be an issue but it's too big of one to deal with. Anyway, for people who have done everything & found nothing, try deleting the tag at the top of the CAS menu :)

Hello
    It is good that removing the filters helped to make the items appear :) It is kind of you to post what helped to fix the issue in your game :)
  • princesugaprincesuga Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having the same problem for a while now, and im unsure how to fix it, certain mods in the game will show up but not all, i took out all my mods and left only 2 in my mods folder. I have script mods turned on. I'm unsure how to fix the problem
    princesuga wrote: »
    I've been having the same problem for a while now, and im unsure how to fix it, certain mods in the game will show up but not all, i took out all my mods and left only 2 in my mods folder. I have script mods turned on. I'm unsure how to fix the problem

Hello @princesuga
    Try removing all the filters in CAS and see if that helps the cc to appear.

Move your mods folder to the desktop. Start the game , and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/CC from the desktop mods folder back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder and see if the cc appears then.

Make sure that the cc is sims 4 files and not sims 2 or 3 cc files.

If the issues remain, try going back to the cc sites where you downloaded them from and see if there has been updated versions of them released or if other simmers are also having issues with the cc.
  • nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 82 Member
    I was playing the sims 4 on wednesday night. My mods and cc were functioning properly. When I attempted to play the sims the next day, my game had reset as if I as playing for the first time (I am using the PC version downloaded from origin). It shows that I've logged 125 hours in game, however, all of my saved files were gone. I attempted to start a new file, but my cc isn't showing up in CAS. My game is up to date, all my files have been upzipped and placed in my mods folder in sub-folders. I have enabled cc and script mods in game options. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I have a resource.cfg file. I have removed my mods folder and replaced it. The game doesn't even register my cc. There is no cc showing up when I click the view custom content button in game options. I have repaired my game and checked for updates. The cc is all working and was usable 2 days ago. What's going on with my game?
    I was playing the sims 4 on wednesday night. My mods and cc were functioning properly. When I attempted to play the sims the next day, my game had reset as if I as playing for the first time (I am using the PC version downloaded from origin). It shows that I've logged 125 hours in game, however, all of my saved files were gone. I attempted to start a new file, but my cc isn't showing up in CAS. My game is up to date, all my files have been upzipped and placed in my mods folder in sub-folders. I have enabled cc and script mods in game options. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I have a resource.cfg file. I have removed my mods folder and replaced it. The game doesn't even register my cc. There is no cc showing up when I click the view custom content button in game options. I have repaired my game and checked for updates. The cc is all working and was usable 2 days ago. What's going on with my game?

Hello @nattygirl13 .
    Are your save game files still in your documents -electronic arts -sims 4 -saves folder?