Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Not showing up in CAS

18910111214...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    I do have MCCC but I don't remember flagging him. I'll take a look

He is not flagged and I noticed that another sim that I have the cc on is not showing it as an option yet he is wearing it. I might have to find them and redownload :neutral:

It may be best to remove the cc and redownload the cc again.
  • jesshylanjesshylan Posts: 1 New Member
    > @69withsatan said:
    > Hi everyone, I have downloaded multiple .package files from many different sources, such as TSR. This CC is up-to-date with my TS4 version, and when I download them, they are already unzipped (obviously), and I go to Documents < Electronic Arts < The Sims 4 < Mods. Originally, I did not have a Packages folder in there. I have the Resource.cfg file in there. And in case that was the error, I deleted it, and restarted TS4 to allow a new Resource.cfg to be made. I have also tried deleting it and downloading a Resource.cfg file from the web (1 KB). I began putting all of my CC in the Mods folder, with TS4 not open. In TS4 I have mods checked, and when I open it I get the box that shows all of the mods running, where it says Maxis does not support mods bla bla bla. But anyways, I have a list of all my mods in there. Though not one CC item shows up in CAS/game. I have looked *everywhere* and I have many CC files, so I would have noticed at least one. They aren't showing up in the game but they are being recognized. I have also tried adding a Packages folder to the Mods folder and putting my CC in there, and a due the same results.

just wanted to let anyone know who still had the same problem and never managed to fix it, i had this problem for two days stuck trying to figure it out. Something else I found odd was that if I unchecked enable cc in the menu, if i closed and reopened the game after applying changes, it would be checked off when I didn't want it to be.

ANYWAY

1) make sure you have cc enabled
    2) make sure all content is .package and in the mods folder
    if that still doesn't work,
    3) remove all cc onto your desktop. open sims 4, untick enable cc. reopen game. enable cc. close game. put cc back.
    if that STILL doesn't work, here's what fixed mine:
    4) remove the mods folder from the sims four. open the game and it will create a new one. test CC by adding to the new mods folder. it showed up in my game from here!

hope this helps
  • Pallies656602Pallies656602 Posts: 24 Member
    The past few weeks i had the same problem. CC was not showing in CAS anymore. My sims did wear the items, so i knew they had to be there but i couldn't see them anymore. I tried everything i could think of but nothing helped. So i made a new sim. All CC showed up. I went back to my family. CC was gone. I downloaded some new items and they showed up when playing my family. Then it suddenly hit me. A while back i changed my cas items in S4S (In my case i disalowed it for vampires and Aliens). But my sim recently had become a vampire. So when i tried to change clothes they weren't visible in CAS. I don't know if this is a solution for everyone with this problem but it might be worth checking.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    The past few weeks i had the same problem. CC was not showing in CAS anymore. My sims did wear the items, so i knew they had to be there but i couldn't see them anymore. I tried everything i could think of but nothing helped. So i made a new sim. All CC showed up. I went back to my family. CC was gone. I downloaded some new items and they showed up when playing my family. Then it suddenly hit me. A while back i changed my cas items in S4S (In my case i disalowed it for vampires and Aliens). But my sim recently had become a vampire. So when i tried to change clothes they weren't visible in CAS. I don't know if this is a solution for everyone with this problem but it might be worth checking.

You might have just helped me as I have just realised that all my vampires are the ones suffering from missing cc... I could hug you :lol:
  • Pallies656602Pallies656602 Posts: 24 Member
    > @Celticgamer0 said:

> You might have just helped me as I have just realised that all my vampires are the ones suffering from missing cc... I could hug you :lol:

And did it help? I would be really glad if it did and i spared you and maybe others, the time consuming task of downloading every single piece of cc again, because i was already in the middle of the process of downloading every single piece of cc again (and i have a lot of cc), before i finaly figured it out.
    @Pallies656602 It did! I am so happy! Thank you so much again!
  • LadyXornLadyXorn Posts: 1 New Member
    > @rosemow

Hi @rosemow - So I have been trying to use the cc that I downloaded from TSR for 2 days now. After figuring out how to change my default settings from using Adobe for .package files I finally got it back to open with unknown and now I still cant see any of my cc in the game. they are in the mods folder and I enabled the mods and scripts in he game options view and still nothing.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LadyXorn wrote: »
    > @rosemow

Hi @rosemow - So I have been trying to use the cc that I downloaded from TSR for 2 days now. After figuring out how to change my default settings from using Adobe for .package files I finally got it back to open with unknown and now I still cant see any of my cc in the game. they are in the mods folder and I enabled the mods and scripts in he game options view and still nothing.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello @LadyXorn
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder

Make also sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats.
  • probablyneedshelpprobablyneedshelp Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello,
    Sorry to add onto the thread, I'm not sure how to create my own discussion. I feel like I've been scouring forums and articles for hours now, but I still can't find a solution to my problem!
    I just bought the Sims 4 game today, and I downloaded it onto my Mac. The game is up to date and I "repaired" it on Origin. However, my mods will not show up at startup or anywhere in my game. I have both of those boxes in "other" checked enabling mods and cc. The files show up in my Mod folder as ".package" files and are considered documents. I've tried moving the folder to my desktop, launching the game so that a new Mod folder would generate, then exiting the game and moving the cc from the old mod folder to the new one. Nothing has worked!! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. As I said, cc and mods are enabled in my game, and the only files in my Mod folder are .package files and the single resource.cfg file.
    Hopefully someone can help me out. Thank you!
    Hello,
    Sorry to add onto the thread, I'm not sure how to create my own discussion. I feel like I've been scouring forums and articles for hours now, but I still can't find a solution to my problem!
    I just bought the Sims 4 game today, and I downloaded it onto my Mac. The game is up to date and I "repaired" it on Origin. However, my mods will not show up at startup or anywhere in my game. I have both of those boxes in "other" checked enabling mods and cc. The files show up in my Mod folder as ".package" files and are considered documents. I've tried moving the folder to my desktop, launching the game so that a new Mod folder would generate, then exiting the game and moving the cc from the old mod folder to the new one. Nothing has worked!! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. As I said, cc and mods are enabled in my game, and the only files in my Mod folder are .package files and the single resource.cfg file.

Hello @probablyneedshelp
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :( Try checking to make sure that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3
    [quote="rosemow;c-16512394"][quote="probablyneedshelp;c-16512373"]Hello,
    Hopefully someone can help me out. Thank you! [/quote]

Hello @probablyneedshelp
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :( Try checking to make sure that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3[/quote]

The files are all for sims 4 :/
    [quote="probablyneedshelp;c-16512398"][quote="rosemow;c-16512394"][quote="probablyneedshelp;c-16512373"]Hello,

Hello @probablyneedshelp
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :( Try checking to make sure that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3[/quote]

The files are all for sims 4 :/ @rosemow
    [/quote]
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello,

Hello @probablyneedshelp
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :( Try checking to make sure that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3

Try downloading some cc from another cc site, and test to see if these new cc may work. Some simmers have issues with cc from certain sites, but not with cc from other sites.

If the issue still remains, you may be best to post in the Mac section of the forums. The Mac simmers there may be able to help you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
    [quote="rosemow;c-16512404"][quote="probablyneedshelp;c-16512398"][quote="rosemow;c-16512394"][quote="probablyneedshelp;c-16512373"]Hello,

Hello @probablyneedshelp

[/quote]

Try downloading some cc from another cc site, and test to see if these new cc may work. Some simmers have issues with cc from certain sites, but not with cc from other sites.

If the issue still remains, you may be best to post in the Mac section of the forums. The Mac simmers there may be able to help you
    [/quote]

@rosemow I’ll try those. Thank you!
    Hello,

Hello @probablyneedshelp

@rosemow I’ll try those. Thank you!

You’re welcome :) I hope that you can find the cause of your cc issues :(
    Make sure to delete your localthumbcache before starting the game
  • oliviasims9oliviasims9 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello! I was wondering if someone could please help me, i've been looking everywhere for the last 2 day stop find a post and solution which matches my issue but I can't! So a couple of days ago I decided to clear out all of my cc and re-download it all due to the new seasons update. Everything was fine for a day or two, then yesterday my game crashed while I was playing it, so i removed my MCC Command mod and I was then able to load up my household fine, however my CC was gone? So i removed all of my cc and mods from my mods folder and spent hours putting back one cc item at a time and go onto the sims to see if each item was showing up and it was. Eventually i had got a mods folder where i knew everything worked. Then, i went into the sims and when i came off, all of my cc in my mods folder had a bunch of numbers after the .package and wouldn't show up in cas or build mode. I spent like an hour removing the numbers so now all cc is just .package but now still only like half of the stuff is showing up in the game. Currently, I have 191 cc items in my mods folder (no mods) and the majority is not showing up in can or build mode. I have literally tried everything including removing mods folder and letting a new one regenerate then move the cc back, yes the cc is enabled, yes the cc is all up to date as i literally only downloaded it all a couple of days ago. Please help because at this point I have no idea what to do.
  • SimspcSimspc Posts: 2 New Member
    please help! I have script mods and custom content ticked and I have put it In my mods folder but my one problem is it wont show up in cas, like it says I have custom content at beginning but wont show in the actual cas, it wont even give me the option to categorize it to cc only purchased
    Simspc wrote: »
    please help! I have script mods and custom content ticked and I have put it In my mods folder but my one problem is it wont show up in cas, like it says I have custom content at beginning but wont show in the actual cas, it wont even give me the option to categorize it to cc only purchased

Hello @Simspc
    I am just checking . Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats. The package files then go into the mods folder. The zipped or rar files can’t be placed in the mods folder
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Check that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3.
    Try downloading cc from a different site to where you downloaded your current cc from, and see if that appears.
  • SimspcSimspc Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow thank you but I have tried one on tumblr, many other random ones that were links for one website, and sims resource. They are already package files no rar or zip
    edited April 2019
    Simspc wrote: »
    @rosemow thank you but I have tried one on tumblr, many other random ones that were links for one website, and sims resource. They are already package files no rar or zip

Hello @Simspc Try moving the mods folder to the desktop, and see if a new mods folder is generated when you load the game. If it isn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the correct one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues.
    If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
  • RavenWillowoodRavenWillowood Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > @69withsatan @rubysimmer @gracelovescats Has everyone checked to make sure CC is enabled in the game? This is a new action needed since the last update. Maxi's will disable CC when updating. So you will need to re-enable the CC. I know it sound like a pain but the alternative was removing the Mods folder every time the game was updated.
    >
    > Open your Game; open the Options Menu; choose Game Options; Other; Check Enable Custom Content & Mods; Exit & Restart game

Thank you so much!!