Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

6 Years?!

Today is my six year anniversary on this forum and playing The Sims 3. I can't believe it has been that long already!! I have met lots of cool and friendly people on this site, as well as a ton about the game. I remember when I first got the game six years ago and started playing it, how strange and exciting it felt coming from The Sims 2. Six years later I am still playing with the same feeling of excitement and awe. There were some frustrations along the way--glitches, mainly--along with the fear that it might not quite live up to its predecessor. But for me, TS3 stood the test of time and with all of the EPs, SPs and store content, this game is truly massive, amazing, and way better than what TS2 could ever be.

Just thought I would share my excitement and celebrate with you guys. <3

Oh, and no thread would be complete without pictures!!

Here is my sim Gala skinny dipping in the Twinbrook cemetery :D
Screenshot-34_1.jpg

And here she is expertly doing the smustle B)
Screenshot-35_1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Congrats and Happy Anniversary! It really does feel like the 6 years have flown by, doesn't it? I should be getting my badge some time in July. And I'm still enjoying this game as much as I did that first day I played it. :)

P.S. There's something so hilariously wrong about skinny dipping in a Cemetery. >:):D
    giphy.gif

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Time flies when your having fun, doesn't it. On May 16, it was also my 6th year with this forum as well. I didn't even realize how long it was until I read your post, and I had to go and take a look at when I first joined.
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    @KATENESS She did that all on her own. When I saw what she was doing I was like 'really Gala? Of all places.' But I let her go. XD The things these sims do...

@LaBlue0314 It really does not feel like that long ago at all. It's super crazy to think about.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Congratulations ^^
    I've been playing the game for five and a half years myself now and my family is five years old. Seems like yesterday I decided to start a legacy...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    Congrats! I've been playing Sims since 2004 but this year on December 31st will be my fourth year on the forums.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Congrats!! Remember though there is no cure for Simitis Addicttus,once you contract the disease it cannot be cured.It begins at first within the first 4 hours of gameplay but the rate of progression is fast.

Symptoms include:

Uncontrollable urges to play,like at work etc resulting in job loss.

Loss of sleep due to the need to do that "One last thing then I am shutting it off" we all have been there, and that no LAST THING ever comes.

Singing stuff in the shower that other humans find odd,"Ko Bee Flee Na,Sha Sha" followed by exiting the shower only to realize your friends have set up an intervention in your house and in worst case scenarios an exorcisim.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 I wish I still had the original first sim I created in this game, but sadly I don't. That's really awesome that you have had your family for five years.

@friendlyone20 Oh yeah I have been playing Sims since 2007. I hope the sims community stays around forever!
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Thankfully I haven't lost my job because of this game...yet. That could be the next chapter of my sims life, though. I definitely have had dreams where I was sneaking playing Sims at work somehow, and my bosses catch me or almost catch me. XD

Even better...you know you're addicted when you realize you are starting to understand what the sims are actually saying.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    slynnski wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 I wish I still had the original first sim I created in this game, but sadly I don't. That's really awesome that you have had your family for five years.

@friendlyone20 Oh yeah I have been playing Sims since 2007. I hope the sims community stays around forever!
    The first sim of that legacy is a gravestone ;) It's quite funny to visit the graveyard every now and then and see the old characters leaving their tombs. And with the little help of an old dusty lamp you could bring them to life if you want (I never do though).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I need to start playing a new legacy again...I miss it.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2015
    Congratulations. My 6th year anniversary with the Sims 3 game is on 9th June. That is the day I picked up my pre order from the store. I tried to get it a few days before but they said I'd have to wait. I wasn't happy.

I didn't get onto the forums straight away though due to dial up internet.

EDIT: I upgraded from Sims 1. I had been planning to get Sims 2 but found that Sims 3 was about to be released so decided to wait for it and pre-ordered it. That was my first pre-order ever.
  • Options
    Woohoo @Karritz, yours is coming up soon! :#
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Nice, my anniversary according to this site is in July sometime. The old site my profile lists June 19th, I think even that's pushing it (and I believe the forums were about the same time as the game for me, so July doesn't seem right at all but whatever). I was a bit late getting the game as I was writing diploma exams so I was just studying a lot and didn't even get the game until I was done (because if I had it I would have played not studied). I guess it's not a big deal when the site thinks my anniversary is, I do want my badge though, lol because I like getting badges but it's not a big deal. I just say I've been playing 6 years now anyway, and it's crazy to think I've played Sims 3 that long and I still love it just as much if not more than I did 6 years ago.

and LOL at skinny dipping in the cemetery.
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Congrats!
    I think I had my fifth or sixth anniversary this year as well? All I know is that it's been a pretty fun five or six years. Some frustrations, yes, but the creativity and the endless exploration in this game is way worth it :)
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2015
    @slynnski Is it just me or do you have a barbeque grill in your living room? Again I knew there was a reason I like you.You strange lil person you.

Honey are the burgers done yet? "One minute dear, am putting out the couch fire right now but the picture frames on the tables will give it a nice smokey flavor"

loll_zpsm4jaokr0.jpg

Edit: got to say just noticed it was one of those 30 dollar Wal-Mart grills with the "You will die eventually" propane tanks directly under the grease trap.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I just accidentally checked and discovered the date I joined is June 6th no the 9th as I incorrectly remembered earlier. The year was right though. 2009. So I've been playing Sims 3 for 6 years. No wonder I have a lot of Sims I've made.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    We must have joined on the very same day Slynnski, just got my 6th year badge this morning. :)
    No wonder my family keep saying "are you still playing that?? Try something else", nope this is the game for me, still love it.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @CravenLestat Hahahaha I see how you would think that, but the grill is actually outside on a mini patio. My sims have never even used it, actually. Although my one sim attempted to and almost did light a fire cracker in the living room once. I about had a heart attack when I noticed him and was luckily able to cancel the action in time.

@Scrapdash My mom asks me all the time if I am too old to be playing it (I am in my 20s). I laugh at her and tell her no, that there are plenty of people who are older than me who play it, too. Then she gets this bewildered look on her face and walks away. XD

To @Mea_93 and @dreamerz13 Happy Anniversary. :)

ETA Fire plum? Fire PLUM?! They censor that for pete's sake?? Ayyyyy fine, fireworks. How's that, EA. sheesh.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    slynnski wrote: »
    @CravenLestat Hahahaha I see how you would think that, but the grill is actually outside on a mini patio. My sims have never even used it, actually. Although my one sim attempted to and almost did light a fire cracker in the living room once. I about had a heart attack when I noticed him and was luckily able to cancel the action in time.

@Scrapdash My mom asks me all the time if I am too old to be playing it (I am in my 20s). I laugh at her and tell her no, that there are plenty of people who are older than me who play it, too. Then she gets this bewildered look on her face and walks away. XD

To @Mea_93 and @dreamerz13 Happy Anniversary. :)

I won't be telling my age, but I will say that my youngest is getting ready to be in his last year of high school, and I know someone, who is a grandmother, that plays this game.
  • Options
    JenwalesJenwales Posts: 110 Member
    I was using the old forums. And when I started using this one it wouldn't let put a photo on here! I don't know if the people on my buddy list still play.
  • Options
    @LaBlue0314 Oh I know. My mom just doesn't understand gaming I guess. Thinks it's only for little kids or something. *rolls eyes*

@Jenwales Oh I remember that transition. It was really annoying. Even though I already had 1,000 some odd posts, I still had to wait until I got stupid forum points till I could post a picture.