Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

Comments

• simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    Great to see some new faces joining the thread... the more happy players the merrier :)

In the few days after the wedding, the Berry household did some mourning, celebrated Theo's birthday to Adult and aimed for some work promotions. Robyn got promoted from Team Mascot to Dance Captain (much better work uniform :D ) and on the day Theo arrived home with his new promotion Robyn had some exciting news to share too.
    9401e5eea223c5dda54dde96bd49a2f0.jpg

Lady M was less excited than they were....
    19fed1a73bb7277a9850acd748ceff25.jpg

... though she was quick to show her displeasure the following morning when the sink decided to break after Theo had already left for work. She did NOT like the repairman.
    838f1ffe02967a03bfb2b0b1f0f9a56a.jpg

After a bit of time spent decorating the nursery, the new arrival moved in. Meet Silvia.
    6bd6d0b04d5444147391941d78481041.jpg

Silvia is an energetic little tomboy who is an absolute joy to watch as she explores.
    144e4db6689b5bfad96309d52603cd22.jpg

Sharing lunch with daddy whilst momma is at work.
    d3809691951cd5fc6a9d89d37a4494de.jpg

The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    @simwolf Aww, Silvia is adorable! What chairs are those that let her sit at the table?
  • miloekmiloek Posts: 451 Member
    @simwolf Oh my god Silvia is so cute
    @LosaruTaiyo lol good luck to Sunny with her dating!!
    giphy.gif
    Origin ID: f0xxes
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    @WildIrishBanshee She's not actually at the table. They are chairs from one of PeacemakerIC's dining packs, but I just use alt+move in edit mode to slide one back a little til it 'detaches' from the table so that a toddler can sit.
    @miloek I was so impressed with her toddler wardrobe when she aged up that I didn't change a thing other than to add the glasses to every outfit as they were only in one. I did give her fluffier hair though lol. I think I'm going to enjoy playing her in the next generation. :)
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited February 2019
    *delete*

Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
    @EnjoyfulSimmer Great sim you have there! I myself play almost vanilla - just a couple of CC items and a few mods.
    So, I have no cc still and never plan on downloading any again. But I have over a dozen mods to make the game less annoying haha @WildIrishBanshee :D
    edited February 2019
    gone.
    @EnjoyfulSimmer The only CC I have is eyelashes and pointed ear presets. Most things for me are taken care of mod wise by MCCC, though I do have some "do x faster" mods.

Swifts

Flex Household

Not quite done their rotation yet, but I figured I'd update. Went back to my Swifts, as I was dying to play them...even though I had intended to catch the other families up to them.

A little background: Alyssa Swift married Benjamin Flex, son of Marcus Flex and Karim something or other - they had three children, twin boys, and a girl. Alyssa has the Master Chef aspiration, and so does Benjamin, so they are both in the Culinary career. Alyssa's traits are Good, Geek, and Perfectionist, while Benjamin is Insider, Glutton and Music Lover. They have a toddler son named Bradley, who is Wild.

They spent quite a bit of time with family this week, with club events as well as a dinner party and a black and white party. Got to get those aspiration points! There will be at least one more event thrown, though maybe not before their rotation is complete - need to do Benjamin's 3 gourmet meals one when he gets there. Got silver on both events, which I'm impressed at since I hardly ever throw any kind of party. Need to do that more often, especially since I can just schedule them on the calendar! Benjamin is currently a Mixologist, while Alyssa is a Line Cook. Alyssa is slowly working on gardening and collections, as she doesn't have much time due to work - though luckily she has the Responsible trait. I also finished off my stuff pack collection, so I've been slowly adding in some items here and there. They're doing okay money-wise, with both having jobs and a money tree from Eve that started at Excellent I believe. Alyssa will not have her job forever, at least that is the plan - she's going to quit after level 10. Most of my girls are stay at home moms, and after she reaches 10 her home life will be way busier! They are also slowly gaining fame - her from a variety of things, him from music and programming right now. I think Alyssa is a Notable Newcomer and is currently signed by Dinky Beats. My sims are always busy little bees lol.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    We take a break from Sunny's date life to focus on someone's birthday: Broderick Samuel Williams AKA Brody

2Sce8Kz

"Oooh!" Emma happily lamented as she hugged her younger son. "This will be your last day as my little boy! Soon you'll be going to school with your brother and it'll just be me in this little house."

"Howsey!" said Brody with a giggle.

"Speaking of, Momma needs to decorate for your party!"

2SamORz

After putting Brody in his room for a bit, Emma set about rummaging through the decorations for streamers and banners for the house.

"I'm sure I have some balloons leftover from Peter's party."

2WRitl8

Emma soon had the house decorated, with balloons and streamers all out on the front of the house...

2WJIbI8

And the back, where the party was to be held, set up with more decorations, a tarp, and a backboard of "VoidPals" rented from Del Sol Valley.

"I wish I could have gotten a performer too," thought Emma, "But that would have been way too expensive."

2GtXRt8

Brody soon came out of his room to meet his mom.

"Aw I know, sweetheart. Mom was gone outside for a bit. But now I need to bake your birthday cake. How about you play in the hallway so you can see me, okay?'

"Yeh!" said Brody.

2I6bAJt

Brody then cuddled into his mom.

"Love...you!"

"Oh Brody!" Emma smiled. "I love you too!"

2UBsX62

After cuddles, Emma went into the kitchen to bake, Brody in the dining room entrance playing so they could both see and hear each other.

"You want blue for the icing, Brody?"

"Blue! Blue!"

2DTbBvP

Emma poured the batter into the oven.

"Bowl?" asked Brody.

"Sorry, sweetheart. You can't lick the bowl. I made the cake from scratch and it has egg. I'll let you have the icing bowl later?"

"Otay!" said Brody.

2Gq1U9S

Emma soon finished the cake, adding the candles so she wouldn't have to fuss with adding them later on.

"My little Broderbund will be aging up tomorrow," Emma sighed. "How will they treat him in school? He's a bright kid at least. Oh come now, Emma. You've dealt with school drama in the classroom before. If anything happens, you can help him deal with it."

2SydS7S

After cake, Emma took Brody in to the bathroom for a bath.

"Whee!!"

"Ohho! You're supposed to get a bath, sweetheart. I already had one today!"

2DWz0wN

Peter later returned home after school, going to his room to do his homework. Brody soon entered the room.

"Toy?"

"Hm? Oh sure, Little Bro."

2Bk6eUS

At supper, the family chatted about tomorrow's and Brody's birthday.

"Now you know that just because he's your brother, Brody doesn't have to copy your homework when you both start going to school," said Richard.

Peter simply nodded as he ate his supper.

"Yeah, Dad."

2GaklAd

"Can you promise me something though, Peter?" said Emma. "If your brother needs help walking or otherwise, can you help him?"

"Of course, Mom!" said Peter. "He's my little brother. I won't let anyone or anything hurt him."

2BlXA8u

After supper and potty, Emma dressed Brody into his PJs for bed.

"Good night, Brody, my little...well...soon not to be so little...boy."

"Night-night!" Brody said with a smile.

2GaigUR

Once Brody was asleep, Emma paused, thinking.

"Yes...I'm sure everything will be alright."
    Next post, Brody's birthday party!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
    @LosaruTaiyo Yay Brody! I love this story the best. :) Probably cause I read all your other ones lol, and know the characters.

So I actually started my own update thread, mostly to help me keep things straight - sometimes juggling four saves is a PITA. So be prepared for a good chunk of typing lol, since I'm just going to quote my posts here. Thread is https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955091/not-really-a-story-just-updates#latest if you would rather get them earlier than I post here. :)
    Swifts

Flex Main House - Alyssa Flex (nee Swift), Benjamin Flex (son of Marcus Flex) and son Bradley Flex - plus two annoying dogs.

The Flexes finished their rotation, with some promotions and other stuff. Benjamin got promoted to Line Cook, he's going to go into the Chef branch of the Culinary career, while Alyssa got promoted to Head Mixologist, as she is taking the Mixologist branch. When their turn comes back around, which shouldn't take long, they are due to try for another baby. They need 3 after all, even though they already have their heir.

Swift Main House - Adam Swift, Eve Swift, Aeric Swift, Nathalie Swift, Angela Swift, Bianca Swift, and Babette Swift

This is one full house! Fortunately, they currently have room for one more baby, which is all Aeric and Nathalie need...unless it's another girl. But that won't be a worry for quite a bit, and Angela is due to move out on her own soon. Adam retired from his job as an eSports Gamer - don't remember what level he was. Everyone in this house that can be is addicted to the drone and music station from GF, and a few love the video station. So they're all getting some fame! Eve was already a Notable Newcomer, but no one else has much fame yet. Eve signed on with Dinky Beats for now, and Aeric is signed with Maxis Music Machine. I'm sure the rest will be signed at some point lol. Just started on their rotation, so anything goes.

Looking through my other households, I saw two adorable kitties that are not in world. I need more room! I definitely prefer the cats to the dogs in this iteration, dogs are so, so needy!
    Swifts

Swift Main House - Adam Swift, Eve Swift, Aeric Swift, Nathalie Swift (daughter of Katrina Caliente), Angela Swift, Bianca Swift, Babette Swift

More members of the family have been signed to record labels. Adam was signed to Maxis Music Machine, and Nathalie signed with Dinky Beats. They went as a family to the Starlight Accolades, but no one won anything this time. Oh well, there's always next time! Lots of skilling happening, and Angela has been working on her relationship with Enzo Landgraab - who I believe is the son of Geoffery and Nancy. I'd have to peek at his family tree if their ghosts haven't been cleaned out already. He's her boyfriend, and I plan on them marrying when Angela hits YA. Adam needs 20 columns for his second aspiration, Mansion Baron. He already completed Fabulously Wealthy. Might just cheat, though I hate doing it, as I have zero need for 20 columns in their house - or any house really. It's a little ridiculous if you ask me.

Spent part of my morning building them an indoor garden space, and quite quickly found out that you cannot have different sized walls on the same level - even if the changed part is not even touching the house! Which was/is quite annoying. Why is this even a thing? Hopefully, I did it right, but all the plants fit (and there's a lot of them!) including the trees, Patchy, and the rock climbing wall.
    Swifts

Swift Main House - Adam Swift, Eve Swift, Aeric Swift, Nathalie Swift, Angela Swift, Bianca Swift, Babette Swift

Aeric got promoted in the Politician career to Representative. I had to have Adam run over to my cemetery to drop off some urns, as he had been carrying a townie's gravestone and Marigold, the old family cat's stone for quite some time! I had everyone take care of their music label needs - the daily requirement kind of stinks honestly. Eve got an offer to either upload a random video or make a fishing one, so naturally, we did the fishing one. Not that they are exactly hurting for money, they have around 700k in the bank. Nathalie tested out my indoor garden space, and there were no pathing issues at all. It was Rebate Day as well, so I bought them some things they were missing. Wasn't too much, but I wanted to add stuff from the packs I had just gotten.

I had a moment while playing too - saw Brent Hecking in his athletic wear, which is apparently a red hoodie and blue shorts - and my first thought was the coach from S2, cause Brent is currently an elder. I also saw it from a small distance away. Rebate Day was a good holiday for the adults, the kids didn't care. Nathalie managed to harvest all my plants, and do the collecting - got to catch them all! Aeric worked on a mobile app, while Babette worked on her skills mostly. My toddlers usually max them all before growing up. Angela and Bianca have school projects to do, so I made Bianca work on hers after homework. Angela was too tired after work to do anything more than homework. Aeric maxed out his programming skill while working on the mobile app - not sure if I'm going to have him do any more programming after that. Adam, of course, is working on building himself a rocket. Got to get that Rocket Science skill! Plus we need one to get some of the collectibles.

Eve was invited out to GeekCon by Lucas Munch, so she took Adam and Nathalie along with her. The goal: participate in a challenge. All three participated in Hackathon and the Ultimate Gaming Challenge, which Adam passed. Eve and Nathalie, of course, both failed, they don't play many video games. Nathalie decided to wear the festival t-shirt, so of course, I let her. After that they mostly just hung out, waiting for the results of the Hackathon and for the event to end. Nathalie ended up winning the Hackathon, which surprised me since she only has maybe 4 skill levels in it, while Adam maxed his out awhile ago. Finally, they could go home.
    edited February 2019
    ***removed** :wink:
    edited February 2019
    @WildIrishBanshee Is it weird I blushed at that statement? I feel honoured that you've read my other works. Sounds like Adam is working the music scene like Sunny then in a way?

@EnjoyfulSimmer Yeah Shawn don't look too impressed in that one pic...lol
    Happy birthday to you! You live in a shoe....wait...wrong song...

2WGom4x

Nothing starts a birthday like a broken sink. With Richard watching Brody, Emma was tasked with trying to fix the darn thing.

2UF4a14]

It's always good to have that one child that is as much of a neatfreak as you.

2BxZfYP

After cleaning, Emma sent out a message over this new thing called 'Electronic mail'.

"I can see this catching on, but what if I want to send cookies? Where do I insert those?"

2Sv3bDf

Being the family doctor, Opera seemed okay to invite, although I should have remembered to change her party outfit. :D

2TzPAI9

"You must be Dash! The one Alice was telling me about," said Emma upon meeting with Dash.

"Yeah I am," he said. "I think you already met Caleb?'

"Oh yes," said Emma.

2TBmMPl

"My husband and he are in the kitchen, talking about tomatoes."

"If you want to avoid all that mess, you really should try the hothouse tomatoes and cut horizontally. You'll get less guts that way."

"Huh. I never thought about that. Aren't you a vampire though? I thought your kind didn't need to eat."

"I don't need to, but doesn't stop me from wanting to."

2HUya7F

Brody and Bryte hit things off really well.

2tapuzM

Well, for a while at least.

"Whhhaaa!!!"

"I do noffin!"

2HXD3N4

Alice and Dash were outside, playing 'Don't Wake the Llama."

"Heya Birthday Brod!"

"Hihi..."

"Ah...Alice? You gonna keep playing or what?"

2Sulys2

After cooking, Richard went outside to check on the kids, smiling as he saw Brody hugging his toddler guests.

2GcE2Y7

Inside, Caleb took over the computer after Opera finished on it.

"Aren't you coming outside?" asked Opera.

"I would but I'm...allergic to sunlight..."

Opera simply smiled. Being a medical professional, she could tell when someone was a vampire.

2MSln4t

Tried to get a picture of all the kids, but Britt went off somewhere.

2Ss5KGb

*sigh* @SimGuruGraham can you guys make these dang cakes work on these 6 seater tables? :tired_face:

2TA0c9L

Player to the rescue.

2WNLSwf

"Ready little buddy?" asked Richard.

Brody kept pressing his lips as if to blow out the candles.

"Okay! One....Two...BOO!"

2GakhjS

And *facepalm*

Brody, I know that in the future you may enjoy some music, but St. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band isn't one of them.

2BojI29

That's better.

2MPSvJW

"Happy Birthday, son," said Richard.

"Thanks Dad!" said Brody.

Alice mused.

"You're lucky, Brody. My Sakura has a birthday this Fall and with our family traditions, he won't have a cool party like this one."

"You could always do it after, Miss Miruchi," said the boy.

"Just call me Alice, dear. I'm not an old lady yet."

2UNUIsn

Brody then went to see his brother and mother, Peter taking out a present.

"It's a book. I know it isn't anything special, but I got it at the book fair and thought you might like it."

2WLsQXx

"It's awesome," said Brody, hugging his brother. "It even has pictures!"

"Happy birthday, Little Bro."

"Thanks, bro."

2MZeKNX

And Alice, as usual, joins in on playing with the toys, Dash watching over Bryte.

2RIerrl

Britt and Sakura went inside. Don't worry. They aren't alone. Don't forget that a certain vampire stayed inside too.

2HXGRhz

Outside, Emma was giving her gift to Brody.

"A...pillow?" said Brody, confused.

"Of course, sweetheart...." said Emma.

2Bjzqez

"It's to go with your new bed!"
    Next time, we return to Sunny and her dates, and after, another toddler has a birthday...with two parties.
    Post edited by LosaruTaiyo on
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

@LosaruTaiyo Yeah, they're all wicked into the music scene right now, it's crazy. Gotta rotate who gets to use the music station every day lol. Love seeing little Brody and Sakura together, they're so cute! It's funny, Sgt Pepper was the first thing I thought of when I saw Brody's first outfit, so when I saw your comment I had to laugh. He's adorable either way!
  • miloekmiloek Posts: 451 Member
    @WildIrishBanshee Your sims are so busy omg?? How the heck do they have time for all that and jobs??
    @LosaruTaiyo ahhh Brody's bday party was so cute!!

Did I lose any and all motivation to play sims this week and play 50+ hours of Black Desert instead? Yes. Yes, I did.
    Kasey asked Emet on their 2nd date!!
    tMgneCF.png

Gotta fill their daily quota for hugs
    dG5x9Kv.png

Please excuse the major outfit change. The weather went from cold & snowing to burning hot in like 2 seconds lmao
    Emet, internally: is this ok?? is he ok with this?? this is wat u do when ur dating right??
    Kasey, internally: what a dork...im keeping him everyone else can go home
    P8xBU10.png

Kasey: hey u wanna do a smooch?
    Emet, who has had the whim to have their first kiss for days: yeah sure if u want
    EXLEnei.png

Came home after the date and um?? Hey game?? Who are these kids and where are their parents????
    QDvlcoE.png
    giphy.gif
    Origin ID: f0xxes
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited February 2019
    @miloek Your Sims look very unique. Sweetness <3
    Btw, have been there with Black Desert...

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

@miloek They are pretty busy, but I like it, it keeps me entertained. The women don't have jobs, except Angela for some reason, so they have plenty of time! Might also have something to do with me being a Type A++...a few more...lol. Loved the date! I hear you on Sims motivation, mine died for right now.
    After setting up my game again, I got a bit of time to play, yay!

Swifts

Swift Main House - Adam Swift, Eve Swift, Aeric Swift, Nathalie Swift, Angela Swift, Bianca Swift, Babette Swift

Got Nathalie to finish off harvesting the plants that she missed pre-patch. Adam made and released another track and Eve finally managed a Good reputation. I think it's time to hire a gardener for this lot, it's a bit much for one person. And the bees get enraged really easily, I'm hoping them being indoors will cool that a bit. Aeric released and made another track, and Eve made a beauty tips video. I had Eve start working on her flower arranging skill, so we could get some bluebell scented bouquets for the bees. I think it's bluebell anyway! She's made it to level 3 so far. Fortunately, they have all the flowers they could ever use, so this helps make room for more, better quality ones. It's crocus I want, I mixed up the bee-friendly one and the timelessness ones. Oops.

@miloek Emet and Kasey are adorable!

@WildIrishBanshee Haven't tried the bees yet. Need to find the right moment.
    Now that Brody is a kid, we can move back to Sunny, who has been asked by Sean about going on a friendly date.

2GjZDxY

Misty was on the phone, speaking with the butler academy.

"Yes?....Oh yes definitely!...Hm? Oh if she's a vampire, that's probably alright. So long as she puts her abilities to use. I know they at least have superspeed."

2SIEsv6

"Ah Sean," said Misty after finishing on the phone. "Now when you take Sunny out, remember she needs to be back early tonight because tomorrow we have a function and I'll be needing Izzy here and..."

2GAigNy

"Ready to go?" asked Sunny, disguised.

"Ah...I'll need to get dressed," said Sean. "But then we can go."

"Remember what I said," said Misty.

"Yes, Mom," said Sunny, waving Sean off. "Although can you tell me again?"

2GyGZBN

Once dressed, Sean and Sunny went off to a new restaurant in town.

2tngMyp

"Reservation for two?"

"Ah yes!! The one that paid over the phone! Do not worry, sir. We have a table just for you and your lady friend.

2UTI7Ux

"You don't mind me wearing this get-up, do you?" asked Sunny as the two perused the menus.

"If it means no paparazzi interrupting us, I don't mind at all. I think it's something a friend of...ummm...of yours would get used to," said Sean. "Now, what do you think of having, S...umm...Miss Sun?"

2WUtzWr

Either Casper is in town, the table is that clean that she has to take its picture, or this paparazzi lady has lost it. :dizzy:

2I5kKG0

Sunny gave hers and Sean's orders to Mr. Rosales, AKA Raven's AKA Romero's Dad.

2I2NG1e

Some are such A listers that they get hounded by paparazzi...

2TLZuqg

While others just drink sadly at the bar...

2WWxXEf

"So," said Sean. "Tell me about this person you met the other night? Is he...umm...good-looking?"

2SKfMCs

"'She' actually," said Sunny. "And she's...not exactly alive. She's a ghost."

"Oh!" Sean said, a bit surprised and both the person being a female and ethereal. "I didn't know you...umm...were like that?"

"Hm? Like what?"

"You know...One of 'those'...Like those ladies we saw in Brindleton Bay one time...A hyena?"

"I dunno. I like both, I'd say," explained Sunny. "And I'd be no different from when we first met in Selvadorada. I also find it very rude you'd call someone that! Those ladies were happy together! There's nothing wrong with it!"

2BsUwHA

The two friends fell silent. The friendly date had suddenly become very awkward with one word.

2E6cfXe

Mr. Rosales was upstairs, speaking with the chef, Miss Andrews.

"Someone looks oversalted today..."

"Not now, Rosales. We got news last night that our son's coat was found by Forgotten Hollow and I don't even want to think about what could have happened."

2GCOgk6

"Probably gone off with those emo-kids I'm sure...Anyways, is that order finished for table #9?"

"I'm working on it, Rosales!"

"Good, then after that you can work on the next one for table #13."

2TPGcAk

Miss Andrews slammed the tray onto the rack.

"There. It's finished. Now get out of my sights. You're not helping my mood."

"Touchy..."

2TLs6zT

Downstairs, Sean and Sunny were chatting once again, having gotten over their awkward moment.

"I am sorry, Sunny."

"It's fine now, Sean. You didn't know that was a slur. Sometimes I need to remember too that you're not a native Simlish speaker."

"Thank you, Sunny."

2X0eliw

The waiter soon returned.

"Ahem...your meals?"

2TLlamn

Sean smiled widely.

"Ooo! I've been really wanted to try the Artisan Fish Trio!!"

"I'd say the same for my meal..." said Sunny. "Although I don't think I've ever seen it like this..."

2GGjRB9

"Ugh!" Sunny reeled back in disgust. "This is horrible!!"

"Mmph?" said Sean. "Maybe you should ask for another plate?"

2SDV87h

Sean paused, coughing for a moment as he looked at his own dish.

"Or we could leave a bad review. This fish is gross."

2SrzJyT

"How about we try a different place then?" suggested Sunny.

Sean shrugged.

"If you know a place better than here. I mean maybe it's just one dish? This is supposed to be the best place in town."

"Oh that's just opinion," said Sunny. "I know the best place for food."

"Okay..."

2E6rfnX

Sunny then took out her phone, calling up a taxi.

"Why a taxi?" asked Sean.

"Because, it's over in Magnolia Promenade."
    Next post, Sunny takes Sean to the best place for food and Sean treats Sunny to a museum visit in San Myshuno.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

@LosaruTaiyo I recently found out that bees do not like being outside in the weather, which may be why mine were always cranky! Loving Sean and Sunny's date, though I'm not sure I like the two together as anything other than friends. We shall see. Love how Dirk Dreamer is just casually standing there through many of the photos lol.
    @WildIrishBanshee Oh yeah. I usually don't pay too much attention to the other celebrities, especially when Sunny is incognito...lol
    After the meal at the fancy restaurant was a bust, Sunny suggested they go to "the best place for food" that she knew.

2X2Wo2Y

"I thought you said we were going to a place with "the best food" in town?" said Sean.

"Well I always thought it had the best food," retorted Sunny

"I mean...compared to that last place sure..."

2GLwoUb

"But a Subway?!

Sunny rolled her eyes, entering the building.

2GLTXMr

"Hey, Ron. You guys have spruced up the place a bit."

"To the best of our ability," said the host. "Table for one as usual?"

"Two actually."

"Ah very good. Like old times?"

"Sure."

2GqPnUF

Sunny and Sean were then seated outside under an umbrella table, Sunny taking out a menu.

"Okay, so does the host know you personally?" asked Sean, Sunny hushing him.

"Let's order first."

2S3Ll64

Sean still found it a bit unusual. Places like this back at home usually didn't have wait staff or the like. Still, he placed the orders.

"Very well. I'll tell our chef to make those right away."

2BDqz7X

I don't know what happened here, but something tells me it was a bit of a scene.

2IggN1k

Back outside, Sunny was telling Sean about why she loved this Subway so much.

"Dad used to be a producer, and there was one night of filming where the usual company they hired to cater had messed up their order. The food was half-spoiled, the bread was stale, and the water provided was so warm you could take a bath with it. Not wanting to feed everyone such rancid food, Dad called around and the only place that could cater on such short notice was a little Subway here in Magnolia Promenade. Of course, it was much smaller then, and they were taking any work they could. But they got the order, delivered it to Dad and his staff, and essentially saved the day. I was there when they set up the table and Dad let me have a ham sandwich. I ate it all, with Dad saying 'If my Little Sunshine likes it, it must be the best food in the world."

Sean smiled.

"Your Dad must have been really happy that they could make so much food, knowing how big film crews can be."

"Oh he did. After paying for the food, he gave them a $100,000 tip, telling them to put it towards making sure their food was always fresh and as good as it was that night. And aside from a few menu changes, it's still the best I've ever had."

2SR6LYC

Inside, the waitress was giving the order.

"...For table..."

"I know," said the chef. "I knew that blonde when I saw her. Her father would have my neck from the afterlife if he knew I didn't serve her her favorite."

2S6f3az

Sunny may love the food here, but what about the food critic?

"Hmm...This grilled cheese is well toasted...but I don't see any charred bits from the previous sandwich...Did they scrape it off or..."

"That's because we actually clean our grill, ma'am."

2SUeQeY

"And so now you know all the staff here?" asked Sean.

"Well I know the owner, Ron and the chef..."

"Your orders," interrupted the waitress.

2Iiw5m5

"Aww!" Sunny cooed. "He remembered to toast it extra for me! See, Sean! I told you the food was good here!"

"Well, if anything it looks better than the last place," Sean chuckled, the two digging in.

2GJBZKE

As the two ate, Sean chuckled.

"I feel...flushed."

"Hm?" asked Sunny with her mouth full.

"I know it's just a friendly date, but I was hoping to impress you with a fancy restaurant, a nice visit to this new place I know of. And now here we are: Eating at a Subway and me unsure if the new place will be open by the time we go."

2DKLSo5

"Mmph...What is it?" asked Sunny.

"It's a new museum in San Myshuno. I was hoping to surprise you because I think you'll really like it."

"Welp...We could still goph...And if it's closeph...Ah...We can just hang out somewhere else. I don't care where we go."

"Okay then, sure," said Sean.

2BOaQDd

"Before we leave though, I need to say good-bye to the chef."

"Of course. You said you know him, right?"

"I should."

2SC3xZx

"He was the one that made that ham sandwich."

And so, we see one chef that really enjoys his work.
    Next post, Sean takes Sunny to the newest place in San Myshuno: A Music Museum.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

@LosaruTaiyo I don't normally either, but I have a soft spot for Dirk Dreamer and Dustin Broke, as they're from S2. :) Loving that Sunny's fave place is a Subway and the story behind it! Museum of Music sounds fun, can't wait to see it!

I'm way behind in this thread, but here's some more.
    Swifts

Main House - Adam Swift, Eve Swift, Aeric Swift, Nathalie Swift, Angela Swift, Bianca Swift, Babette Swift

Let's see, everyone continues to release music tracks at a good clip. Nathalie continues to be my most frustrating sim - she literally takes all day to harvest the garden, because she does one, stands around for a good two hours or more (if I don't pause/enter bb/main menu) then maybe harvests another one. She has zero time to collect due to this...guess that goes back to Eve for a while. Eve is getting older, so she leaves the more strenuous activities for the next generation. I think she'll be an elder next rotation actually, same week her youngest ages up into a YA.

Eve got an offer to either upload a random video or a beauty review one, so naturally, we went with the beauty reviews. She got 150 simoleans and an Accolade nomination. She also just made Rising Star with her second piano song, aptly named Song #2. She hasn't made an excellent bouquet yet, so no crocus scenting as of right now - fortunately my bees have calmed down a lot so far, just from being inside. Adam has the lead for followers though, thanks to his time as an ESport Gamer - he has over 13,000. He's finally finished building the rocket ship, now he can explore space and maybe get us some space collectibles! He also started the Elder Males club...though I haven't quite figured out where they should meet. Eve will start one later for females, but I have to wait until a mod is updated for the patch first.

Angela should have her boyfriend over before the rotation ends to ensure that all will work out when they get married. He's been a tough nut to crack, I've almost given up numerous times! But her birthday is Sunday, which won't happen til next rotation (I rotate at 6 am Sundays) so he's stuck with her at this point. Things keep slipping through the cracks, mostly because I'm rushing. Need to knock that off. Just realized that Bianca knows ZERO kids her age, got to fix that ASAP. Wish it were easier to meet people sometimes. Eve is writing some lyrics while everyone else chats with people they know. Babette is just toddling around, watching everything and playing with her toys. She's maxed movement and thinking, just need to get the rest - but she has plenty of time. I also have Adam upgrading a lot of things around the house, as he's maxed handiness. I keep some stuff so that Aeric has a chance to earn handiness outside of the woodworking table. Eve sent off her lyrics, so now we have to wait til next Friday to license songs again. Unless she gets high enough on a different instrument.

And that's all for right now, music, videos, gardening...making money, the usual. They currently have over 700k in the bank. They need to buy some real estate or something. When is that coming? :pensive: