Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: #BuildNewcrest Pre-Made Homes

The Sims team joined forces with builders from the community to bring you some pre-made homes inspired by the upcoming world, Newcrest. Visit the #BuildNewcrest hashtag on the gallery to check out the latest builds.

http://simsvip.com/2015/06/03/the-sims-4-buildnewcrest-pre-made-homes/

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I don't care for the builds they 'like.' I prefer more down to earth builds.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Ruthless KK has floor plan pics here
    http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I was a builder of the community. I guess my style didn't fit their vision... Sad. But then to be honest there has always been favoritism with the developers and certain simmers.

I like creative homes.. I can walk out my door and see houses like that in real life..

• Options
    gamekitten wrote: »

I was a builder of the community. I guess my style didn't fit their vision... Sad. But then to be honest there has always been favoritism with the developers and certain simmers.

I like creative homes.. I can walk out my door and see houses like that in real life..

I agree 100%. What they favour is too out there compared to what I feel is more creatively real.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Cute little house. But however, I have one sim that comes from an elite family. In other words, born with silver spoon in mouth. So that house that's in the pic. It's cute, but it's not home to an elite sim. Unless they are trying to live the simple life for a while. :)
  • Options

I agree 100%. What they favour is too out there compared to what I feel is more creatively real.

Not sure what I created is still in gallery, since I uninstalled Sims 4. But I am an odd bird and some of my creations showed it. I just got tired of wanting ponds, better terrain paints, more fleshed out foliage, more wallpaper, flooring, and the list grows. I became too dependent on CC in the end. All my gallery creations are CC free.. but when I got CC I stopped putting my creations in the gallery.

• Options
    I have some houses I downloaded from Andrew Arcade and Spring Sims I"ll be placing there.
  • Options

Not sure what I created is still in gallery, since I uninstalled Sims 4. But I am an odd bird and some of my creations showed it. I just got tired of wanting ponds, better terrain paints, more fleshed out foliage, more wallpaper, flooring, and the list grows. I became too dependent on CC in the end. All my gallery creations are CC free.. but when I got CC I stopped putting my creations in the gallery.

I did the same with S2. I didn't upload anything because I use CC. I feel it's only fair to spare the average user of the headaches involved. As for S4. I only upload on request. I only build from what I know or I see. I don't build to win points. I also play the same way.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The Sims team joined forces with builders from the community to bring you some pre-made homes inspired by the upcoming world, Newcrest. Visit the #BuildNewcrest hashtag on the gallery to check out the latest builds.

http://simsvip.com/2015/06/03/the-sims-4-buildnewcrest-pre-made-homes/

Thanks for the info, since I'm not that great a builder it will be nice to try to find matching homes especially for the neighborhoods.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Thanks for this one too.. you did my homework for me :)

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Vixxela's doesn't specify if it's cc free atleast at the link which is the online gallery.
  • Options

I did the same with S2. I didn't upload anything because I use CC. I feel it's only fair to spare the average user of the headaches involved. As for S4. I only upload on request. I only build from what I know or I see. I don't build to win points. I also play the same way.

Never won points. I was astonished that people downloaded my creations. It was the only plus I could find in the Sims 4 game. But I have gone back to Sims 3. I missed the gameplay of Sims.

I had a few headaches when downloading from stuff before Sims 4 so, when I started using CC in Sims 4 I stopped uploading. I also never showed my creations on the forums here. I mainly put them up for the fiancé... But I was a builder more than playing Sims 4. I grew too bored when playing it.

• Options
    edited June 2015

Never won points. I was astonished that people downloaded my creations. It was the only plus I could find in the Sims 4 game. But I have gone back to Sims 3. I missed the gameplay of Sims.

I had a few headaches when downloading from stuff before Sims 4 so, when I started using CC in Sims 4 I stopped uploading. I also never showed my creations on the forums here. I mainly put them up for the fiancé... But I was a builder more than playing Sims 4. I grew too bored when playing it.

Me too. The depth just isn't there.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I love her builds. :love: Thanks for the heads up.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited June 2015
    I like those houses but most are not the style I want for the new hood. I will diffidently use a few starters though. Thanks

oops ... I spoke too soon!
    This home is lovely!

http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.com/2015/06/newcrest-contempo-series-5.html

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    A, what a fun idea. I'll check it out :smile:
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member

I agree about the down to earth builds, some of those are too quirky I wouldn't be able to use them without remodelling. There cool tho.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    "Joined forces", haha, I like that. The builders build, EA creates a hashtag.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I uploaded a couple under that hashtag but basically for me to get my houses ready for when the new "world" comes.
    I plan on doing all woody and bricky, very earthy and with nice gardens, a bit like an eco-friendly looking neighbourhood.

I don't usually download other people's houses but if I do, I noticed is always lots that don't have many downloads, never lots that Maxis has favourited, I guess my taste differs quite a bit from theirs.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Jaysim88 wrote: »

I agree about the down to earth builds, some of those are too quirky I wouldn't be able to use them without remodelling. There cool tho.

I prefer houses that don't overuse MOO and then explode when I put them in my game because I don't use MOO. Far too many of these "featured" houses use that option. So, I don't even bother going into the gallery for lots anymore. They should have a "no MOO used" tag.

I think in the last patch they fixed the problem with downloading MOO from the gallery, now apparently it doesn't appear all over the place, but I haven't really tested it.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.