Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    wyn wrote: »
    Zita1966z wrote: »

4. You may not remove / or change the position of the windows or doors but you may
    replace them with windows and doors of your choice.

Ok I have a request then. Can you guys in the future be sure to not use items outside of the base game when building these? I don't have GTW yet so I had to figure out where the doors went by looking at the gallery pictures since they were deleted when I imported it. Thanks. :smile:

Valid point there @wyn. We will implement that in future challenges :)
  • Options
    Quick question before I attempt this. Do you want us to decorate the whole house, or leave parts of it empty while making sure the exterior, the kitchen and bathroom are finished? I know it's "under renovation" so was curious

We would prefer you to decorate the whole house, barn and landscaping, @pottergoose, but it is entirely up to you. :)
  • Options
    wyn wrote: »
    Oh, and to be clear.. are we allowed to change the roof's pattern or does it have to stay that corrugated metal stuff? I know it said you could only change the roof's colors, so I wanted to clarify if that included the pattern or not. :)

Lol k one more question...
    Requirements are: two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, powder room, study, lounge, dinning room and kitchen. Where you place them is entirely up to you.

Are we allowed more than this or is this an exact number?

@wyn, this is your minimum requirements. You are allowed more :)
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    At least in the parts of the United States where I have lived, a powder room always has a toilet and sink, mirror, and some storage for toilet paper and towels. We also call it a half bath--maybe that's the word you normally use.There is no bath or shower, and it is usually located somewhere near an entrance, so guests don't have to walk through a bedroom or take stairs to reach it. Some have a magazine rack or shelves with books and/or decorative clutter. But toilet and sink without a tub or shower is the basic idea.
    Just one question for challenge 2 - What is a powderroom? In my head it is a room where you powder the babies and change their diapers, but we dont have objects for that yet, so am i missing something?

• Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sorry if this post comes up twice but it said it needed approval and I don't know why so I'm trying again.
    This happened to me while renovating:

as you can see, when I tried to draw some walls the foundation disappeared and some windows as well. Is anyone else having this problem or have some suggestions to fix it? I've tried moving/changing/replacing windows before drawing walls but it's still happening.
    Help! I can still build but it may be limited :(

Edit: removed photos
    Post edited by Pebblycat on
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Sorry if this post comes up twice but it said it needed approval and I don't know why so I'm trying again.
    This happened to me while renovating:
    06-13-15_4-56nbspPM_zpssk5lepp7.png
    06-13-15_4-57nbspPM_zpstbvbk14y.png
    06-13-15_4-57nbspPM-2_zpspucziumj.png

as you can see, when I tried to draw some walls the foundation disappeared and some windows as well. Is anyone else having this problem or have some suggestions to fix it? I've tried moving/changing/replacing windows before drawing walls but it's still happening.
    Help! I can still build but it may be limited :(

My favorite button in Sims game history.....UNDO! When I accidentally delete something I whip out an UNDO and bam! It's fixed! :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @Pebblycat ((hugs)) its because that area is no longer considered a room,
    if you draw a wall back in it will recognise it again, I've had this issue a few times!

So glad I checked this thread this morning it wasn't showing on my notification list !!!

Everyones take on the build has been amazing, its been wonderful to see everyones decor on a same structure! I can imagine newcrest being filled with one house style . . but looking so different!

I will make a start on challenge 2 now, Quick question if I add harvestable plants will they upload ?
    or is ok to add them as we are just showcasing property images ;)
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Thanks @rosemow yes it's exactly like that one but I don't have any mods or cc installed on my computer
    After I posted that and a few deep breaths, swearing, toilet break and repair game it still didn't work. So I re-built what disappeared and it's now behaving *fingers crossed*. I guess I was annoyed/panicked to actually think it through.
  • Options
    thanks @Liziann1 :)
    Now onto a challenge question :)
    are we allowed to delete a window and not replace it?
  • Options
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    thanks @Liziann1 :)
    Now onto a challenge question :)
    are we allowed to delete a window and not replace it?

No @pebblycat, you may only replace the existing windows and door with windows and door of your choice.
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    edited June 2015
    Wow I just noticed the time.. Bad Wyn, bad!

Annyway~ Finished mine.

Under Renovation: Challenge 2
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
    Forum ID: Wyn
    Link to gallery: Pickles are delicious.
    Street name of build: 42 Hitchhiker's Path
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 84,988
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure

9cXY3SQ.png
    bNYeMWp.png
    OxO7C3w.png

About my build...

So I kind of imagine Hank as being a bit "special" to want an agricultural farm in the desert... Or crazy like a fox. Probably a bit of both, which explains his ingenious method of watering the plants (I was going to plant trees and stuff in the greenest part but I wasn't sure that's allowed?) as well as his method of keeping the critters away from his hard won crop.. GIANT GNOMES!

Oh, and there's a hidden playroom for kids. :) I'll let you guys find that, lol.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    edited June 2015
    @wyn I love your build. you are so creative! :smiley:
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    What is a lounge room?

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    What is a lounge room?

Hello @Skyfri_Himmel. A lounge room is also called a living room. It is a place with a sofa or armchairs where sims can sit and watch TV, or read a book, or sit in front of the fireplace.
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

I have the same problem on nearly every build on all 3 neighborhoods. I'm. sure it is a glitch of some sort... :)
  • Options
    CHALLENGE 1 IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED ! :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Pickles are delicious /42 Hitchhikers path is a very nice home! @wyn :) The outdoors areas look very great! The large gnome looks great on the large pony! The roosters look great on top of the buildings! Nice outdoors cooking balcony for sims to enjoy cooking meals outdoors and looking at the views whilst waiting for the food to cook. They will enjoy having a drink from the cooler whilst preparing the meal. It looks great how you have placed camping items in the curved roof building .The rocks, plants and tree looks nice beside the building. The enlarged truck vehicle in the build looks great! The front and back water fountains features look so very nice! The cactus and rocks feature is a nice touch near the mail box. The colour of the exterior of the home and the open shutter windows look nice together. The flower cart is a nice touch beside the front door for sims to see when entering the home. Very nice dining area! The wall pattern is very nice! The fireplace will keep sims warm whilst dining there. The birds pictures are nice touches on the wall.
    The enlarged gnomes through the build look great! It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    What is a lounge room?

Hello @Skyfri_Himmel. A lounge room is also called a living room. It is a place with a sofa or armchairs where sims can sit and watch TV, or read a book, or sit in front of the fireplace.

Okay now it makes sense :)

• Options
    YTHUcdB.jpg

Let me 1st start by saying thank you 2 every single simmie that entered challenge 1. For the 1st challenge we had a record breaking 35 entries!! (offical and non official due to cc and overbudget) Needless to say we are so proud and humbled by your response 2 Under Renovation and hope to see each and every one of you simmers out there grow and learn with us as we progress. I can maybe just mention that challenge 3 is going to blow your mind....lol

Now back to business:

I can confirm that I have received the final scores form judges #issablella14 and @wrathofcath and after adding my own we are now confronted with a new dilemma: We have 7 entries that all tie for 1st place !! Off course there can only be one winner every week and the following decisions has been made:

1. I will have to call the troops in again. So @Issabella14 and @WrathofCath I'm going to PM you both the 7 names that tied for 1st place and ask you to give me a final overal score out of /50 I apologize for prolonging it but I always want a fair and just system in place.
    2. More than 10 entreis will have 3 places allocated
    3. More than 20 entries will have 5 places allocated (This will apply to challenge 1)
    4. Anything over 50. Well the the judges will have to be medicated 1st and we will handle it as it comes lol

Depending on how long the other judges take to come back to me, I will have the winners thread up by later tonight. <3

Thank you again so much simmies, you really showed us a lot of love <3

• Options
    GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    Looks like it was a close race...now hurry up with those results lol :)
  • Options
    Here is the final entry video for challenge 1
    Also updated page 1

https://youtu.be/2YBUYMwV9eA
  • Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited June 2015
    Challenge 2
    fatbat24
    Link to download: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3375BD3611FC11E586F70D2985824A1B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=fatbat24&max=25
    Name: 1099 Plant Terrace
    Cheats used: Move objects (All objects in house work, this was to get things closer)
    Total cost: Under budget at $78,963
    Yes, I would like critique!
    06-13-15_2-40nbspPM_zpspzncdbai.jpg

06-13-15_2-41nbspPM-2_zpswbogflna.png

06-13-15_2-41nbspPM_zpsvmefb4sp.png
  • Options
    GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    edited June 2015
    Edited and re-posted becasue of being over budget :)
    Post edited by GuruFanNo1 on