Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windows 10

Will Sims 3 be compatible with windows 10?

Comments

• Options
    JennasaurJennasaur Posts: 1 New Member
    I have no idea, but I'd like to know for if I choose to update.
  • Options
    kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    Same here i signed up to update, but i can put it off for a year. I wont update if not compatible with 3 .
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I just tried on Win 10 test version and it ran. I don't have any expansions installed since computer is very old but I think it should be fine. Some people might need to run it in compatibility mode though.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a message remiding me to upgrade to Windows 10 and I keep hiding it and telling it to get lost because I want to stay with Windows 7 because that works for Sims 3.I don't want to risk finding I can run the game only without the tons of Mods and CC I use because I upgraded so I'll stick to the OS that lets me play with the tons of Mods and enjoy the game in a playable state.My Sims 3 game is fully unplayable without the 88NRaas Mod files and the many other Mods I had to install to fix the issues EA never fixed.I've got all of the SIms 3 collection except for Ambitions and Showtime and get lag-free play on my laptop.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    My hubby is schooled in OS and such and he told me today if windows 7 runs it so will windows 10 he read everything he could on windows 10 so.....
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    I just tried on Win 10 test version and it ran. I don't have any expansions installed since computer is very old but I think it should be fine. Some people might need to run it in compatibility mode though.

good to know the one thing i was thinking was the big issue with 8.1 upgrade was video card drivers
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've set my AVG firewall to block the Windows 10 upgrade completely because I want to stick with what's working and will allow an upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate since it's also Windows 7.I'll wait to see what Windows 10 is like and stick to Windows 7.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I've got a message remiding me to upgrade to Windows 10 and I keep hiding it and telling it to get lost because I want to stay with Windows 7 because that works for Sims 3.I don't want to risk finding I can run the game only without the tons of Mods and CC I use because I upgraded so I'll stick to the OS that lets me play with the tons of Mods and enjoy the game in a playable state.My Sims 3 game is fully unplayable without the 88NRaas Mod files and the many other Mods I had to install to fix the issues EA never fixed.I've got all of the SIms 3 collection except for Ambitions and Showtime and get lag-free play on my laptop.

There are some people who refuses to update their OS. One main reason is because there might be games that only work on older Windows versions. For example, Games for Windows LIVE games (example, Fallout 3, GTA IV, etc.) wouldn't work on Windows 8 as did The Sims Medieval although the latter was fixed and some (but not all) GFWL games switched to Steam. The Sims 2 (at least for the CD/DVD versions) also has Windows 8 issues. Businesses aren't the only people who want older OSes, gamers do too.

Microsoft and the Computer Manufacturers don't seem to realize we want older OSes so we can play older games. Sure Windows is mostly backwards compatible but not every older game will work such as the Windows 8 example.

I had remembered playing the Windows Tech Preview and TS3 did work although I was playing an older game which was The Sims 3 Ambitions, not Into the Future
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    You dont have to block downloading of windows 10 just dont install it thats what i plan on doing till hubby tells me different.
  • Options
    I just bought an older pc so i can run Sims 2 im having graphics problems with this pc and was told it's because i have an intergrated video card. I really like Sims 3 but Sims 2 was by far the best.I knew no way will Windows 10 run Sims 2 so buy a older pc I must. :D
  • Options
    CurlCurl Posts: 34 Member
    > @kimieswildroses said:
    > I just bought an older pc so i can run Sims 2 im having graphics problems with this pc and was told it's because i have an intergrated video card. I really like Sims 3 but Sims 2 was by far the best.I knew no way will Windows 10 run Sims 2 so buy a older pc I must. :D
    Having an integrated graphics card isn't always the main source of problem. If your Driver utility is experiencing problems like crashing, screen black outs, etc, it might be the lack of RAM, or overheating since Integrated video cards rely on your RAM.