Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I had PMs from someone who went TOO FAR with extracting those files, instead of ts4scripts their folder had a bunch of .py and .pyo files in it. :o

Lucky I've been around long enough to know what they were, and how it happened. Fixed. LOL!
    BTW, that ^^ took me a screenshot to figure out. Picture=1000 words for real, in that case. Once I saw it, I knew exactly what was going on, it was HARD to try to figure out from just text based PMs. Fun evening for the Cheerleader, though. ;)
    I'm HOME! :smiley: (for a week! I *love* my weird schedule!) B)

No MC update yet. I'll keep an eye on it. Watch my sig/page for info. And I'll be posting HERE about it, too... I just generally do the .sig/activity update first.

Not planning to sleep for HOURS yet. I'll be around. :)
    Wow. Page 50 of the LGR thread, so I'll understand if you don't look, but I am curious what you might think of this post... do you agree?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15185946/#Comment_15185946

Seems a little harsh, but TBH I don't go into many of the more-volatile threads here too often. I hang out in the Mods area mostly.

No new MC yet, and I'm coming up on a nap. Breakfast=sleep. LOL! (Not yet, but it's incoming.) I'll let you know before I bail.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Wow. Page 50 of the LGR thread, so I'll understand if you don't look, but I am curious what you might think of this post... do you agree?

Seems a little harsh, but TBH I don't go into many of the more-volatile threads here too often. I hang out in the Mods area mostly.

No new MC yet, and I'm coming up on a nap. Breakfast=sleep. LOL! (Not yet, but it's incoming.) I'll let you know before I bail.

I also try to avoid topics that get heated. But I'm guessing you're talking about the comment about Drake ruining everything?

People are losing control because of this information "drought". It's easy to blame the person who interacts with us (Drake) but they have to realize that she's gotta do what she's gotta do. Maybe it's because I'm not as passionate as some members, but people really seem to forget their decency when it comes to this EP3 business. :/

I understand the Simmers who passionately yet politely explain why they're upset, but the way some people talk...I guess they think if they pay money they can speak however they wish.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

I thought that comment was like something I'd hear in a schoolyard.

I'm just old school, I guess. I still try to abide by the advice in the RFC on Netiquette:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

The main message of it is the phrase 'Remember the human' :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

I also try to avoid topics that get heated. But I'm guessing you're talking about the comment about Drake ruining everything?

People are losing control because of this information "drought". It's easy to blame the person who interacts with us (Drake) but they have to realize that she's gotta do what she's gotta do. Maybe it's because I'm not as passionate as some members, but people really seem to forget their decency when it comes to this EP3 business. :/

I understand the Simmers who passionately yet politely explain why they're upset, but the way some people talk...I guess they think if they pay money they can speak however they wish.

Venturing into offtopic, but I really didn't want to say this in that thread. So I brought it here. (Waiting for news on 15 still, and nap incoming.)

I can't say Drake is my favorite person, but I just really don't think it's right for people to blame HER. But then again, I really don't know what all she's said, just little bits I've seen quoted. I'm not really a guru-reply chaser either, you know?

Maybe I have my head buried in the sand. But I don't feel like this is a bad place to hang out. If I did, I'd just say the heck with it, and go to MTS. But I LIKE it here, mostly. I get burned sometimes, but that's life on the internet for you.

You know what amazes me the most about the EP3 business? These same people who are trashing everything and everybody, are the very ones who are mad that EA has not given them the opportunity to put even MORE money into this game.

Um... yeah.

Am I the only one who does NOT see any logic in that?

I'm not one to hold a fire to EA's feet and say "give me more NOW"... I haven't seen everything in all the parts I already bought, largely sight-unseen, until they became available. If it's part of the game, I want it. I really don't need to know a lot more than that. (I probably don't shop like anybody else, same as I don't play the game like anybody else.)

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all... that's actually in the Posting Etiquette stickied message. Too bad people don't read, or don't care.

@egwarhammer I do get a kick out of watching certain members go back and forth with their stance on TS4. :#

I think this all comes down to the "I have an opinion!" movement. They think it translates to "I can say whatever the heck I want because it's my opinion!" :/

I don't contribute much on those threads because inevitably I will be pulled into a debate I don't want to be a part of.

Aaaanyways...still a no-go on my ghost situation. I tried forgetting friendly, romantic, and familial relationship and yet they pop back into my relationship panel. How often does MC run a cleaner on the ghost population?
    aSE16f8.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    you know how i feel about mods. but for the ones that don't . i have everything from the store but for me mods weren't a must to enjoy the game ,i already did. they were a curiosity. i wondered what was so great about them. now i have mc and a few others but i would still enjoy the game if i didn't. hopefully this doesn't sound mean i need coffee.
    @egwarhammer I do get a kick out of watching certain members go back and forth with their stance on TS4. :#

I think this all comes down to the "I have an opinion!" movement. They think it translates to "I can say whatever the heck I want because it's my opinion!" :/

I don't contribute much on those threads because inevitably I will be pulled into a debate I don't want to be a part of.

Aaaanyways...still a no-go on my ghost situation. I tried forgetting friendly, romantic, and familial relationship and yet they pop back into my relationship panel. How often does MC run a cleaner on the ghost population?

Looks like once a week, on Sunday.

I'm about to need a nap. Spirit's willing, body's been awake and at it since 6pm last night.

How would you feel about uploading a copy of your game somewhere for me? I'd love to see it. Mediafire or Dropbox would be awesome.

I hear you on being pulled into threads, too. Some things I just can't let go without a comment, and I just really don't write short posts. LOL! I've been to some of those threads. I just try not to go looking for them, but sometimes I stumble into one.

I'd never used my Ignore filter until June. Of this year. It isn't empty now. :p

I'm about to need a nap. Spirit's willing, body's been awake and at it since 6pm last night.

How would you feel about uploading a copy of your game somewhere for me? I'd love to see it. Mediafire or Dropbox would be awesome.

I hear you on being pulled into threads, too. Some things I just can't let go without a comment, and I just really don't write short posts. LOL! I've been to some of those threads. I just try not to go looking for them, but sometimes I stumble into one.

I'd never used my Ignore filter until June. Of this year. It isn't empty now. :p

Sometimes I consider the ignore feature for people who are constantly rude for no reason - but then if I ever do decide to participate in a heated thread, I want to see what everyone is saying so that I can send out a proper answer/remark etc.

I should really be getting to bed too...it's 2 am where I'm at but I drank coffee at like 8 pm (bad choice) so I can't fall asleep. :p

I'll try to upload my save tomorrow...is it okay if there's CC in it?
    aSE16f8.gif
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

This^ exactly, for me. I understand people are not happy, and I get why. But really, if you don't have anything helpful or constructive to say, don't say anything at all. I don't hang out in these threads. At all. I just don't need that kind of stuff in my life.

Sometimes I consider the ignore feature for people who are constantly rude for no reason - but then if I ever do decide to participate in a heated thread, I want to see what everyone is saying so that I can send out a proper answer/remark etc.

I should really be getting to bed too...it's 2 am where I'm at but I drank coffee at like 8 pm (bad choice) so I can't fall asleep. :p

I'll try to upload my save tomorrow...is it okay if there's CC in it?

Sure. I don't have that kind of cc, but I don't care to spin them thru CAS if they need something. Or maybe I"ll give Dresser a workout on them. No worries, I'll be looking forward to downloading your file. :)

My list isn't long, just 4 people. There's only been one other person. I agree for the most part, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know... but sometimes I just get really tired of certain people's points of view.
    you know how i feel about mods. but for the ones that don't . i have everything from the store but for me mods weren't a must to enjoy the game ,i already did. they were a curiosity. i wondered what was so great about them. now i have mc and a few others but i would still enjoy the game if i didn't. hopefully this doesn't sound mean i need coffee.

I have never seen "mean" from you.

You're completely entitled to your opinion. And IMO you're lucky, if you can enjoy this thing unmodded. I can't. I used to turn the air blue. Well, that still happens, but not nearly as often, now that I have MC. Hahaha!

I'm off for that nap. I'll be back this evening.

Everybody have a great day/night! <3
    @loubyloulou Yes, all the negativity really gets to me sometimes. :( I usually have to step back from the forums because it sometimes ruins the game for me (I know it shouldn't, but it does).

However, I do realize that the very passionate fans who constantly request things are probably the reason we get certain free content. I totally thank them for that. I just don't like when every single post I read from a certain member is always negative. Sims 4 is missing a lot but it does have some great points too! <3

@egwarhammer Yes, you might spot some Sims walking around in their underwear, hehe. But you're the MC master so I'm sure you'll fix them up. Some furniture may be missing too. You'll also notice my family tree is huge and basically all of the town is distantly related to each other. That's one of the reasons I want to keep the tree intact...it's really fun to go through it.
    aSE16f8.gif

I have never seen "mean" from you.

You're completely entitled to your opinion. And IMO you're lucky, if you can enjoy this thing unmodded. I can't. I used to turn the air blue. Well, that still happens, but not nearly as often, now that I have MC. Hahaha!

I'm off for that nap. I'll be back this evening.

Everybody have a great day/night! <3

i enjoy it more moded. what did you do i used to say no mods never ever . lol. im glad that i have hem though. i don't need them but without them i never would have met you. i stay away from the drama sections of the forums.
  • thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    I second Friendsfan

"i enjoy it more moded. what did you do i used to say no mods never ever . lol. im glad that i have hem though. i don't need them but without them i never would have met you"
    edited September 2016
    You guys are sweet. <3

MC 2.15.0 is UP! Screenshots etc coming, I've only been up a few minutes. Of course he'd drop it while I was asleep. :smiley:

Get yours... more cool stuff included, looks like. (Do I really NEED to post the link HERE? Haha!) (It's in my sig if the answer is YES.) :p

However, here's the Change Log post:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5085191#post5085191

Woohoo PMs incoming, I'm still pulling everything together (including in my sleep-fuzzed head). Wake up, jump in, just another day in sims4/MC land! :)

Edit: Woohoo links SENT. Check your PMs, if you want it and didn't get a copy, let me know.
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
    I second Friendsfan

"i enjoy it more moded. what did you do i used to say no mods never ever . lol. im glad that i have hem though. i don't need them but without them i never would have met you"

You don't have to copy/paste any longer, since you made Member. Try the Quote button, it should put them in a blue box now for you. :)
    There's been an error posted from the occult module.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5085302#post5085302

I'll let you know what happens... if you see any errors from 2.15, (MC log or LastExceptions), PLEASE post them (or a link in the LE file case if they're big). Thanks!
    edited September 2016
    @rosemow (in case anybody needs help with installation)

Screenshot of MC 2.15.0 (all) installed:

(I'm a nerd. I use weird folder names. You don't have to keep a folder of each version, /Sims4/Mods/MC is *fine*... it's just something I do. LOL!)

Edit: oops! :p

8phj.jpg
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
  • ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    Added "Age Span Settings" to MC Command Center\Other Settings. This section allows setting how many days are in each age span ON NORMAL.

Oh. This is wonderful news to wake up to and I've haven't even finished reading the rest of the updates yet. Yay!
    I'm tickled with all the makeup settings, and I also am excited for more aging control. And I still haven't seen it in game, yet. Kinda waiting for hubby to go to bed. It's not far off. LOL!

edited September 2016
    I'm tickled with all the makeup settings, and I also am excited for more aging control. And I still haven't seen it in game, yet. Kinda waiting for hubby to go to bed. It's not far off. LOL!

why does he have to be a sleep?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top