Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @Deaderpool So happy to see you here. I had a massive issue with the pregnancy mod and after discussing it with some friends via PMs to try and figure it out, one suggested that maybe bring it to you?

My game exploded. I play with aging off and on Saturday, the game impregnated 16 of my single Sims. It created 19 pregnancies. Since it had already taken all my empty houses (even though I do have it set to not do that and I did account for my empty lots), the pregnant Sims were left stranded and homeless.

Is there anyway to stop this from happening? To tell the mod that you only want a certain percentage getting pregnant and to stop the mod from having 1 Sim impregnate multiple partners?

In lieu of that, anyway of separating the "bypass active romantic" and "no affairs" from the pregnancy module? It's really all I wanted out of that part.

I absolutely love the population and careers modules, they work exactly the way I want the game to work.

I'm just having issues with the pregnancy module because I only wanted those two things. I don't want my town getting pregnant and married on their own.

Thank you!

Here is the log file of what happened.
    Initializing alarms
    * Created homeless household, Schmid, containing 1 sim(s)
    Running alarms for Days.FRIDAY (5)
    * Created homeless household, Arredondo, containing 1 sim(s)
    * Created homeless household, Hamilton, containing 1 sim(s)
    * Created homeless household, Puente, containing 1 sim(s)
    * Created homeless household, Bunch, containing 1 sim(s)
    Running alarms for Days.SATURDAY (6)
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Chuperosa
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Palm Canyon Dr
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 2 Palm Canyon Dr
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Nueva Vista
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 4 Camino Real
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Camino Real
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 St Charles Ave
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 2 Bayou Rd
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 3 Esplanade Ave
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 2 Esplanade Ave
    Lot is invalid as there are no beds: 1 Knotty Pine Rd
    The Loh family moved into 2 Knotty Pine Rd
    The Breen family moved into 1 Esplanade Ave
    The Randall family moved into 3 Bayou Rd
    *** Started pregnancy for Karson Breen with Lyndsay Breen.
    *** Started pregnancy for Emerson Marks with Mikayla Saavedra.
    *** Started pregnancy for Yasmin Ngo with Hank Sanchez.
    *** Started pregnancy for Regan Gould with Damian Caldwell.
    >>> Married Regan Gould and Damian Caldwell and renamed household to Caldwell
    *** Started pregnancy for Anissa Larimore with Alec Medina.
    >>> Married Anissa Larimore and Alec Medina and renamed household to Medina
    *** Started pregnancy for Jackie Cavanaugh with Erika Schmid.
    Erika Schmid is homeless. No place to move into.
    Failed to move in Erika Schmid.
    *** Started pregnancy for Giselle Parker with Joey Nevarez.
    *** Started pregnancy for Cleo Hunter with Ethan Bauman.
    *** Started pregnancy for Naomi Smith with Brantley Bunch.
    Brantley Bunch is homeless. No place to move into.
    Failed to move in Brantley Bunch.
    *** Started pregnancy for Serenity Waldron with Jonah Stanford.
    Neither house has room for moving.
    Failed to move in Jonah Stanford.
    *** Started pregnancy for Sierra Whitefeather with Martina Whitefeather.
    *** Started pregnancy for Edge MacDonald with Kiley MacDonald.
    *** Started pregnancy for Vince Selwynn with Nikolai Gilchrist.
    Failed to move in Nikolai Gilchrist.
    *** Started pregnancy for Nikolai Gilchrist with Chuck Cenzo.
    Failed to move in Chuck Cenzo.
    *** Started pregnancy for Joey Roark with George Allen.
    >>> Married Joey Roark and George Allen and renamed household to Allen
    *** Started pregnancy for Gabriel Novak with Charity Lucas.
    *** Started pregnancy for Sam Winchester with Andy Wright.
    Failed to move in Andy Wright.
    *** Started pregnancy for Denzel James with Rafael Chisholm.
    Rafael Chisholm is homeless. No place to move into.
    Failed to move in Rafael Chisholm.
    *** Started pregnancy for Hank Sanchez with Marco Pack.
    Started 19 pregnancies
    * Created homeless household, Miotke, containing 1 sim(s)
    * Created homeless household, McCain, containing 1 sim(s)

I'd recommend copy/pasting this to the mod's comments pages, too. More eyes=better. Lots of them (users) aren't going to see this here... but we're ALL at least familiar with those pages, so I'd say, share the joy! LOL

That place scares me, lol. I'm not comfortable posting there. If anybody wants to share this information, I don't mind.

No worries. 1.0.7 isn't far away anyway... I'm thinking we might as well all hang out for a bit (the calm before the storm).

Tuesday is coming. (DP DID say he *might* have this ready before Tuesday. But I'm also thinking SOMETHING will be sent down in the new content that causes hiccups. Call me paranoid, I don't mind. Come Tuesday, we'll see.)

Love/hate Tuesdays. Ever since WoW. The trend continues. I am not excited... I dread it!

And really I'm TRYING to say that with both a mod update AND new content headed our way in a very few days, change is in the wind... batten down the hatches! (Save extra copies, update whatever needs it, etc etc.)

However, @HarmonySims280 I will mention the 'hood I had going that I think one of Shimrod's mods blew up for me a while back... ages ago but it was EPIC!!! Bin started spitting out townies one right after the other right after another etc etc... and 2/3 of them (teen thru elder, I had NEVER seen an elder do this!) had that ? hidden trait.

I don't remember what ended up being the cause for it, but my game had a TOTAL meltdown. Needless to say, that one's collecting dust now. Onward! haha

There is actually something in this post I can reply to that's ON topic... I'll do that in a minute, need to find a link first.

• Options
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    > @HarmonySims280 said:
    > My settings when the above happened.
    It's all based on random numbers so I'm guessing the random number generator was SMILING on your couples that day. I could see this happening if you are fairly new to the mod as the older Sims get without having children, the higher the odds are that they will get pregnant. So, if you have a lot of eligible Sims that haven't had babies before, their odds to do so would be pretty high in an existing neighborhood.

Honestly, I've never seen that big of a hit all at once. Normally, it's only 2 or 3 for me. You did the right thing with your adjusted settings:
    "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment": -95. That will pretty much guarantee you will not have any pregnancies until you change it. I like -15 to -20 myself as I prefer to not have overwhelming pregnancies and then I use the "Mark for Pregnancy" and "Pregnancy Start" to be a little more hands-on.

The rest of your settings look fine and should not have added a high percentage to your chances of having babies, really. Lowering the total number of MaxHouseholdChildren will decrease the number you have over time.

The complaint I was hearing most of the time, prior to version 1.0.6, was that people were not having ENOUGH pregnancies and wanted some way to make more. A positive "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment" setting will make that happen.

After the stork recovers in a few Sim days when 19 mothers all conceive at exactly the same time, you can try making adjustments to the percent upward until you find the number that you prefer.

As far as being homeless, only Sims living on lots with houses should EVER get pregnant. There are specific limitations to not allow a "homeless" family not living on a lot from getting pregnant as this can cause exceptions when the baby is born.

(I think he may have meant "deliver" not "conceive"... same principle, sorta, but y'know... different.) B)

One tip on managing births... Scumbumbo's Auto Pause Pregnancy mod. I have it installed and will try my best to check it out Monday. Be nice to have the kids born (and SAFE, silly game!!) before the new content comes down. I'm hoping it will allow me to space them out more than having 9 go at once. But I know this isn't the week for me to do that. Coming soooon!

• Options
    @Deaderpool So happy to see you here. I had a massive issue with the pregnancy mod and after discussing it with some friends via PMs to try and figure it out, one suggested that maybe bring it to you?

My game exploded. I play with aging off and on Saturday, the game impregnated 16 of my single Sims. It created 19 pregnancies. Since it had already taken all my empty houses (even though I do have it set to not do that and I did account for my empty lots), the pregnant Sims were left stranded and homeless.

Is there anyway to stop this from happening? To tell the mod that you only want a certain percentage getting pregnant and to stop the mod from having 1 Sim impregnate multiple partners?

In lieu of that, anyway of separating the "bypass active romantic" and "no affairs" from the pregnancy module? It's really all I wanted out of that part.

I absolutely love the population and careers modules, they work exactly the way I want the game to work.

I'm just having issues with the pregnancy module because I only wanted those two things. I don't want my town getting pregnant and married on their own.

Thank you!

Initializing alarms

There's a weird glitch where the game/mod (I don't remember which... does it really matter?) will stop seeing houses as furnished. Unless ALL those "invalid" lots are EMPTY (bulldozed which I highly doubt), they should not be listed like that.

Morphar posted a fix at MTS: (italics and bold are mine)

In Manage Worlds;
    1) Notate the number of beds and baths of the corrupted lot.
    2) Move/Evict the household from the corrupted lot. (You can move them back in later).
    3)Save the lot to your "My Library" under Open Gallery (F4)
    4)Place the saved lot from your My Library onto the corrupted lot currently in-game. (So, basically, you are replacing the corrupted lot with itself which will trigger EA code to reset the lot attributes)
    5)Make sure you go to the i info menu and update the correct number of beds and baths of the lot before saving the newly placed lot. (This is VERY VERY important because it triggers a reset of the lots attributes)

This will correct both the no beds-bug and the low housing price that occurs because of the no-beds bug.
    +++

(from egw)
    Next time you run the population move in sequence, any homes you've fixed are likely to get used, up to the number you set Population_OpenHouses to leave open.

That low pricing thing Morphar mentioned comes up if you use a different method to get the lots to be seen (valid) again... I've done both, this way is better, but I can post the other if anybody wants.
  • Options
    One nitpicky correction:

1) Notate the number of beds and baths of the corrupted lot.
    2) Move/Evict the household from the corrupted lot. (You can move them back in later).
    3)Save the lot to your "My Library" under Open Gallery (F4) Bulldoze the original lot.
    4)Place the saved lot from your My Library onto the corrupted lot currently in-game. (So, basically, you are replacing the corrupted lot with itself which will trigger EA code to reset the lot attributes)
    5)Make sure you go to the i info menu and update the correct number of beds and baths of the lot before saving the newly placed lot. (This is VERY VERY important because it triggers a reset of the lots attributes)
  • Options
    I know 1.0.7 isn't far away, but I thought it might do us some good to have the 1.0.6 info available here, too...

New Version Released Today 1.0.6 (May 28, 2015) page 56, comment 1393 (why is MTS's search so strange????) <<egw

From Deaderpool:

I have just uploaded version 1.0.6. As usual, details in the download description change log. Here's a breakdown of a couple of the things of note:

Added "Cleaner_ForceAlienDisguise" setting, which is on the MC Cleaner computer menu as "Force Alien Disguise". If this is true, when aliens are spawned on a non-alien-world, they are always disguised in their human disguise. In an alien world, they are always spawned in their alien outfit. The default is False, which has all aliens spawn in whatever way EA says they should spawn.

Added "Population_ShowDeathNotifications" setting, which is on the MC Population computer menu as "Show Death Notification". If this is true (and "Show_Notifications" is true), when a sim dies, a notification will appear showing that they have. This defaults to false, for those wishing to have less notifications.

Added the "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment" setting, which is on the MC Pregnancy computer menu as "Pregnancy Percent Adjustment". This is a number between -100 and 100 which will be used to adjust the random rolls of pregnancy. If pregnancies aren't happening often enough for your liking, you can add a positive number here and it will tweak the rolls in a positive manner. If you're having too many pregnancies and a baby boom, you can put a negative number in and it will tweak the rolls in a negative manner. The default is 0. This allows anyone to provide small adjustments to hopefully get the pregnancy speed that they like the best.

Changed pregnancy triggering to use "significant other" instead of "spouses" again for matching a Sim to a newly pregnant Sim. If the "significant other" is an active sim, but they are not married yet, then the pregnant Sim will marry someone else if the marriage random-chance succeeds and the engaged status between the pregnant Sim and the active Sim will be removed.

In 1.0.5, I had removed "forget_me" from the mc_cmd_center command-line commands since we have a Sim menu option to do this command now. However, there are times when you may want to use the command on a sim that is not on the current lot. So, I added "forget_me" back to the command-line commands. Optimally, at some point, this command (and others) will be available from the Relationship Panel and at that point, it will not be needed from the console any longer and I'll get rid of it again!

Hopefully got all of the in-game notifications localized now. If someone running a different language sees a notification I've missed, let me know! Logging messages remain in English. I can't really localize those, currently. The code to actually take a string that is defined in a STBL and then convert it to a string to display or log is defined in the C++ code, from what I can tell. I can pass it what it needs to display strings, but I can't get a full-string out of it myself to put into a log file. It's kinda gross and maybe I'm wrong and will find-out a way to do it in the future, but that's what I know about it right now. Plus, if someone had a log file message for me to look at in Chinese, I would be very little help to them to figure out what is wrong!!

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @egwarhammer, if I edit that file in Notepad while the game is open, do I have to restart the game for my changes to take effect?

The short answer is yes.

Here's the copy/paste longer version:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by egwarhammer
    Today's burning question: For those of us text-editing junkies, someone asked me (and I wondered too) about whether the mc_settings.cfg file could be edited with the game running (window out, open file, edit/save)... if the game would have to be restarted to see changes made that way (if it even will work), or if it would need to be done with the game not running.

I've only done it with the game not running. Nervous Nellie about things like that.

From DP:

Changes made to the file will most likely not be picked-up while the game is running because most of the stuff in my game is cached for performance. Settings are all cached. Changing them on the computer updates them immediately for the most part, because I change the cached value in addition to the setting on the file. Sorry, you text-editing junkies!!

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Rivie wrote: »
    Hi, thank you for being so helpful

"Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInteres - If this is true then if an active Sim is in a serious relationship with another Sim, they will not get married or pregnant with someone else. If this is false, there's a chance that any non-active Sim may suddenly get married to a random Sim and forget about any engagement with someone in the active household."
    Will girlfriend-boyfriend be considered a serious relationship?

Changed pregnancy triggering to use "significant other" instead of "spouses" again for matching a Sim to a newly pregnant Sim. If the "significant other" is an active sim, but they are not married yet, then the pregnant Sim will marry someone else if the marriage random-chance succeeds and the engaged status between the pregnant Sim and the active Sim will be removed.

That ^ is from the 1.0.6 update notes. So gf/bf might NOT be serious "enough" for 1.0.6, but I *think* something along those lines is coming in 1.0.7... which may even be ready before Newcrest lands Tuesday. :smile:

I asked at MTS, I'll let you know what he says.

Edit:

LOL, he said this:

Boyfriend/Girlfriend exists for Pregnancy in 1.0.6, but it wasn't working right for Marriage. That's in 1.0.7.

So he didn't really answer the question exactly, but I gather it should be working like you want it to, once he updates. It probably wasn't doing what it should have been, sounds like.
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
  • Options
    not sure what to do with dresser, how to i blacklist items. is there a way to set a no cc on generated sims?

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Click on the dresser tab and then click on the Settings in mc_settings.cfg tab. I'm doing that for each module I added and then changing the settings in the mc settings file to what I want.

I wish I could sticky posts!!!!!!!!
    :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Deaderpool the problem is that some of those pregnancies are homeless Sims. Where it says "failed to move in", those are pretty much the game generated Sims that weren't living in any houses. It made homeless Sims pregnant and since it took all my empty houses and put 1 Sim in each of them? There was nowhere to put these Sims.

I actually exited that game without saving. I didn't like what the game did, so I didn't "accept" it. LOL

I made the changes, deleted the localthumbcache file and went back in game. Now I'm waiting for Saturday to roll around again to see what the game does with the new changes. Evidently, it was Thursday in game the last time I had saved so I lost about 2 days of game play.

Would the game have terminated the homeless pregnancies? Or are you saying it should have never happened in the first place?

I was looking at your instructions at MTS when I made the second set of changes, so glad to hear that I adjusted the chances of pregnancy correctly.

The save was 1 week old when this happened. I started a new save when I put this mod into my game. I have 80 Sims and most of them are singles. They are crammed into houses though, lol. I have 3 married couples who already have children, the game got them all pregnant as well. So it hit those 3 and then hit 16 of my singles all in one week.

ETA: Wanted to add that only 3 of those pregnancies were couples, the others were all singles that the game decided to make pregnant and then pair off. Not sure if that makes a difference in understanding what happened or not.

Do you have any LastException files in your Sims4 folder? I'm not sure, but even if you didn't save that game, wouldn't that file still be there if it had been generated when the explosion triggered? I hope there is one... I would LOVE to see that!!!

When you say the save was one week old... clarify, please?

My current game is a sim-week old (aging off, i've had one pregnancy trip time so far) but my current save file of this same hood I made yesterday (I'm a save as litterbug/fanatic)... I know it's just terminology differences, I'm just confused. (It's not you, it's me... LOL!)

If you meant you rolled a new game that you've now played for a sim-week, I got that.
    :p

I am doomed to forever have an "edit" tag in my posts. But you asked something I can answer...

Those homeless pregnancies should NOT have happened. No house, no baby. Period.

What other mods are you using... since I'm editing anyway and I meant to ask that too and forgot... why not go for it all, right? LOL
  • Options

Thank you!

Initializing alarms
    * Created homeless household, Schmid, containing 1 sim(s)
    Running alarms for Days.FRIDAY (5)
    * Created homeless household, Arredondo, containing 1 sim(s)
    * Created homeless household, Hamilton, containing 1 sim(s)
    * Created homeless household, Puente, containing 1 sim(s)
    * Created homeless household, Bunch, containing 1 sim(s)
    *** Started pregnancy for Karson Breen with Lyndsay Breen.
    *** Started pregnancy for Emerson Marks with Mikayla Saavedra.
    *** Started pregnancy for Yasmin Ngo with Hank Sanchez.
    *** Started pregnancy for Regan Gould with Damian Caldwell.
    >>> Married Regan Gould and Damian Caldwell and renamed household to Caldwell
    *** Started pregnancy for Anissa Larimore with Alec Medina.
    >>> Married Anissa Larimore and Alec Medina and renamed household to Medina
    *** Started pregnancy for Giselle Parker with Joey Nevarez.
    *** Started pregnancy for Cleo Hunter with Ethan Bauman.
    *** Started pregnancy for Naomi Smith with Brantley Bunch.
    Brantley Bunch is homeless. No place to move into.
    Failed to move in Brantley Bunch.
    *** Started pregnancy for Serenity Waldron with Jonah Stanford.
    Failed to move in Jonah Stanford.
    *** Started pregnancy for Sierra Whitefeather with Martina Whitefeather.
    *** Started pregnancy for Edge MacDonald with Kiley MacDonald.
    *** Started pregnancy for Vince Selwynn with Nikolai Gilchrist.
    Failed to move in Nikolai Gilchrist.
    *** Started pregnancy for Nikolai Gilchrist with Chuck Cenzo.
    Failed to move in Chuck Cenzo.
    *** Started pregnancy for Joey Roark with George Allen.
    >>> Married Joey Roark and George Allen and renamed household to Allen
    *** Started pregnancy for Gabriel Novak with Charity Lucas.
    *** Started pregnancy for Sam Winchester with Andy Wright.
    Failed to move in Andy Wright.
    *** Started pregnancy for Denzel James with Rafael Chisholm.
    Rafael Chisholm is homeless. No place to move into.
    Failed to move in Rafael Chisholm.
    *** Started pregnancy for Hank Sanchez with Marco Pack.
    Started 19 pregnancies
    * Created homeless household, Miotke, containing 1 sim(s)
    * Created homeless household, McCain, containing 1 sim(s)

I'd recommend copy/pasting this to the mod's comments pages, too. More eyes=better. Lots of them (users) aren't going to see this here... but we're ALL at least familiar with those pages, so I'd say, share the joy! LOL

That place scares me, lol. I'm not comfortable posting there. If anybody wants to share this information, I don't mind.

I can understand that. It is a little intimidating. It's actually better now than back in Sims2 days, although I wasn't the forum junkie then that I've become, these days.

And I guess that's why when luthienrising suggested I do this, I went for it... because I KNOW some people here probably go to MTS for updates (and nothing else) and never make the first comment there.

I was just thinking about that... it's not like I'm "splitting off" support from the MTS site... more like I'm giving people here an "express" link to info they might not want (ie feel comfortable) to go there to ask for. (Does that make sense? I'm getting close to dreamland here.)

Just call me Gofer. :smiley:
  • Options
    MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2015
    Morphar wrote: »
    I have no idea if you put this in the instructions or not but it might help to do it.

Editing the .cfg file works just like the way you would edit the resource file in Sims 3 to get it to recognize your card.

You HAVE to select 'save as' and select 'all files' before saving and then find the existing 'mc settings' file and replace it. I would suggest making a copy of this file and pasting it somewhere else before making any changes. If you do not select save as then the extension gets changed to .txt and the file no longer works.

I'm just using notepad, no idea if notepad ++ automatically selects the right extension.

Yeah, Notepad++ will save it as a .cfg file. And do a ton of other very cool stuff. I've not used notepad since I got ++.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.7.4.html

OTOH, Deaderpool thanks the Pycharm creator on his mod page (because I would've killed myself by now using Notepad++, he says... LOL!) but I don't know what Pycharm is. Probably a Python editor? So N++ probably isn't all that for some uses... works great for what I want it to do, though! (User not modder.)

Nice thing with Notepad++ is that it has a lot of plugins to support different program languages. There is one XML tools that you can use to make the games XML files readable. Use Pretty print (XML only - with line breaks) on a lastException file and it will format the single line of text to be readable by humans. It will not help you understand the text though.
    Welcome also, @Morphar !! Thanks for the tips above... I'll look for that LE formatter... no worries on me not understanding its output, that's pretty much a given. But as a layperson, I am fascinated by what I can manage to glean from those files. Prettier would be nice.

I actually had another question, about the resource.cfg nesting configuration you posted in the mod comments pages... CAN script files be nested with that setup, or do they (as I remember from way back) still HAVE to be in the /Mods folder only? As opposed to something like Mods/MC or whatever. Just curious. I did nest my (other MadameButterfly and Scumbumbo) package file mods, I already knew that would work fine.

Thanks for checking on my thread... I knew I could count on some of MTS to come over (when I asked for help with this "project"). :smile:

I was *not* expecting Deaderpool... gobsmacked me! LOL Or you, either, really... a nobody like me, new kid on the block, and yet I find myself in this thread's driver's seat (<ahem> @luthienrising o:) ), already gone over there running for HELP... and it followed me back.

I feel pretty good right now. This is awesome.

Okay... /end fangirl mode.

I have these .zip files in Mods\Scripts so it's OK to have script files in subfolders with that modified Resource.cfg file:
    Dark Gaia, No culling.
    M Gomez, Get population
    Clown, Enable debug cheat

Edit: Come to think of that maybe there is a restriction though.

The longest string in the Resource.cfg file:
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package

...tells the program to check any files in these folders:
    Mods\blabla\blabla\blabla
    but in the lowest level it only check specifically for files ending in .package.

So you can have zipped .py files in a folder one level up from were you can have .package.

Post edited by Morphar on
  • Options
    I have no idea if you put this in the instructions or not but it might help to do it.

Editing the .cfg file works just like the way you would edit the resource file in Sims 3 to get it to recognize your card.

You HAVE to select 'save as' and select 'all files' before saving and then find the existing 'mc settings' file and replace it. I would suggest making a copy of this file and pasting it somewhere else before making any changes. If you do not select save as then the extension gets changed to .txt and the file no longer works.

I'm just using notepad, no idea if notepad ++ automatically selects the right extension.

Yeah, Notepad++ will save it as a .cfg file. And do a ton of other very cool stuff. I've not used notepad since I got ++.

OTOH, Deaderpool thanks the Pycharm creator on his mod page (because I would've killed myself by now using Notepad++, he says... LOL!) but I don't know what Pycharm is. Probably a Python editor? So N++ probably isn't all that for some uses... works great for what I want it to do, though! (User not modder.)

Nice thing with Notepad++ is that it has a lot of plugins to support different program languages. There is one XML tools that you can use to make the games XML files readable. Use Pretty print (XML only - with line breaks) on a lastException file and it will format the single line of text to be readable by humans. It will not help you understand the text though.
    Welcome also, @Morphar !! Thanks for the tips above... I'll look for that LE formatter... no worries on me not understanding its output, that's pretty much a given. But as a layperson, I am fascinated by what I can manage to glean from those files. Prettier would be nice.

I actually had another question, about the resource.cfg nesting configuration you posted in the mod comments pages... CAN script files be nested with that setup, or do they (as I remember from way back) still HAVE to be in the /Mods folder only? As opposed to something like Mods/MC or whatever. Just curious. I did nest my (other MadameButterfly and Scumbumbo) package file mods, I already knew that would work fine.

Thanks for checking on my thread... I knew I could count on some of MTS to come over (when I asked for help with this "project"). :smile:

I was *not* expecting Deaderpool... gobsmacked me! LOL Or you, either, really... a nobody like me, new kid on the block, and yet I find myself in this thread's driver's seat (<ahem> @luthienrising o:) ), already gone over there running for HELP... and it followed me back.

I have these .zip files in Mods\Scripts so it's OK to have script files in subfolders with that modified Resource.cfg file:
    Dark Gaia, No culling.
    M Gomez, Get population

Awesome, thanks! I'd seen that config before, ages ago, just hadn't really needed it. It DOES make for nicer screenshots, though. I also don't really remember seeing anybody ever clarify that scripts could be moved, because at first, I know they couldn't. So I appreciate the response. That'll be useful!
  • Options

Dark Gaia, No culling.
    M Gomez, Get population

Edit: Come to think of that maybe there is a restriction though.

The longest string in the Resource.cfg file:
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package

...tells the program to check any files in these folders:
    Mods\blabla\blabla\blabla
    but in the lowest level it only check specifically for files ending in .package.

So you can have zipped .py files in a folder one level up from were you can have .package.

I see it. Gotcha... thanks!

Hey... how about adding "bulldoze original lot" to your otherwise excellent house fixit tutorial? Yes, I'm that nitpicky. :blush:

And if you don't I just KNOW somebody sometime is gonna be posting "my house sat on my other house and now my lot is terribad!!"

LMAO!

(yeah... bedtime.) :tired_face:
  • Options
    Check this out... (I posted this on MTS, DP's reply follows)

One more question... I am obviously the slowest player ever, and I refuse to turn aging on. So it's taking ages for me to see the pregnancy/population trip times. Six days is an eternity for a micromanager. Would adding a second trip time, possibly on Tuesday with the Long one... be a big thing?

Or, and this probably WOULD be... some kind of command line function players could use to trip <whatever> routine (for testing, at least...) on demand?

Nah, I don't ask for much, do I? LOL (But I really would like a 2nd weekly trip time... someday?)

xx

From Deaderpool:

I'll add a TO DO for a days of the week-override that allows users to set their own days for it to run if they want to. More options can't hurt.

(egw) How cool is THAT? :smiley:

• Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member

"Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInteres - If this is true then if an active Sim is in a serious relationship with another Sim, they will not get married or pregnant with someone else. If this is false, there's a chance that any non-active Sim may suddenly get married to a random Sim and forget about any engagement with someone in the active household."

That ^ is from the 1.0.6 update notes. So gf/bf might NOT be serious "enough" for 1.0.6, but I *think* something along those lines is coming in 1.0.7... which may even be ready before Newcrest lands Tuesday. :smile:

Edit:

LOL, he said this:

Boyfriend/Girlfriend exists for Pregnancy in 1.0.6, but it wasn't working right for Marriage. That's in 1.0.7.

So he didn't really answer the question exactly, but I gather it should be working like you want it to, once he updates. It probably wasn't doing what it should have been, sounds like.

Thank you, I'm still going through all the settings, maybe I'll find something that will help me with this one
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options

Edit:

LOL, he said this:

Thank you, I'm still going through all the settings, maybe I'll find something that will help me with this one

One thing you can do to take them out of the MC alarms changefest is to make sure these 2 both live on the map (don't have to be together) and mark them played.

With Pregnancy_BypassPlayedHouseholds set to TRUE, these 2 and (any other played sims) won't be included in the routines.
  • Options
    @egwarhammer Hopefully, I hit all the points. Let me know if I miss anything.

I am playing a tester Sim (that I've actually fallen in love with because she's so awesome). However, I am constantly restarting her while trying out different mods. I have folders outside the EA folder with various starter towns that I've created. These towns are day 1 towns. I just swap the save folders around.

So, I put in the mod. Swapped the save folders so it was the new town. Placed my tester Sim from my bin. Then left her home working on skills for a week to see what the mod would do with those first settings.

It exploded, lol.

I have about 5 completely empty lots. Those are the lots that failed. The game took up my 5 empty houses. My other houses were occupied so it attempted to move Sims around. Then it put 1 sim into each of the 5 empty houses (which annoyed me because it wasted the space). It impregnated Sims in houses that 8 people living in them (I thought it couldn't do that?). Then it attempted to move them and failed because there was no room. It impregnated homeless Sims and attempted to move them into houses, again it failed because there was nowhere to move them.

Shouldn't it have checked before making all these Sims pregnant if there was room?

Bouncing to another topic for a minute.....

Organizing mods folders. I leave my mods in the top level folder. I put my CC inside subfolders. It seems to all work better that way.

So it looks something like this

Mods Folder
    all my mods go here
    Hair
    --Alesso
    --Cazy
    --Misc
    Build
    --Walls
    --Floors

Etc, etc with the packages for the CC items going into the sub-directories.

Back to the discussion about this mod....

I have no LE files. I hate those, I remove anything that generates them. My game does not have them. They set my OCD off.

I don't have any mods that would affect pregnancies or townie generating. I use Tanja's no abductions mod so that doesn't generate any pregnancies.

But here is a list of my mods (don't ask for the CC. I don't have enough hours today to list it all lol)

An_dz-MoreHospitalStaff
    Buckley_CameraMod
    Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_script_1_0_6
    *DrChillgood-NoEmotionalDeathsAltogether
    egureh_InsectSpawners100%
    egureh_NoAutoIntroductions
    MB Stuff Breaks Far Less Easily - 0 Percent V3
    MTS_clown_1459534_EnableDebugCheats
    MTS_DarkGaia_1516626_nocull
    MTS_Deaderpool_1534949_Deaderpool_MC_Career_script_1_0_6
    MTS_Deaderpool_1534950_Deaderpool_MC_Cleaner_script_1_0_6
    MTS_Deaderpool_1534952_Deaderpool_MC_Population_script_1_0_6
    MTS_Deaderpool_1534953_Deaderpool_MC_Pregnancy_script_1_0_6

*MTS_mgomez_1460341_mgomez-realisticbills
    *MTS_mgomez_1462469_mgomez-noreldecay
    MTS_mgomez_1462497_mgomez-getpopulation
    *MTS_mgomez_1462652_mgomez-motivedecay
    *MTS_scripthoge_1458680_NoFatness (I will be deleting this one and the one below once I am sure MCC does this)
    *MTS_scripthoge_1458681_NoMuscles
    MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v2a
    MTS_Scumbumbo_FasterGardening_v4
    MTS_Scumbumbo_NoAutonomousBuyRetail
    *ShimrodCheapAspirationRewards_V4
    *ShimrodNoHygieneDirt
    *ShimrodSuavePassionateKissAlwaysAvailable_V2
    Simsical_AllBedsEqual
    Tanja1986_No Abductions Mod Version 1.5
    Tanja1986_No embarrassment - Angry reaction 1.2

Wow! @HarmonySims280 this is awesome! The more I see of your posts... the more I like/am impressed by you. <3

(My pre-work time is now planned... LOLOL!!!) (That was easy!) :smiley:

Now... did you see my S3PE/S4PE post to @Amiutza ? Same suggestion for your cc, if it won't open with S4PE it's going to corrupt your game (s3 file that *used* to work in 4). DEFINITELY check the Alesso stuff, I *know* people were having major problems with that.

Apologies if you already did, I'm just going in from "first shot" point of view, I don't know what you've already tried, really. Or if those files were updated. CC is not my "thang"! And there aren't enough hours in the day already. You know?

Evening's first timesink: American Pharoah won the Triple Crown... it's been 37 years... woot!

Back to business:

I bolded the mods in your list that I'm using. And I have comments on a few others...

DrChillgood retired from modding, so that one may be (probably is) outdated. Scumbumbo has updated a few of DrChillgood's mods, but they have both creator's names in their title if he's fixed them... check Scumbumbo's page would be my best tip here. I'm sure his mods are fine, DP told me S checks against MC for conflicts before he releases updates.

I've never used those from egureh, but I've *never* gotten her toybox/fridge stores extra items mods to work for me... just noting that. (One reason I steer clear of cc, most of my errors seem to be item-generated enough already, that just gets worse with cc in.)

MB's mod is probably fine, all her drink mods are working for me. Morphar uses the Clown debug mod, so I'd say that one's good too.

Those relationship mods of mgomez *might* not still be working... he vanished ages ago. Getpopulation works, but it just coughs up a number that probably hasn't been moved by coding changes... the other stuff I'd almost BET has been changed since these mods were last updated. @luthienrising might be able to shed more light here?

Ditto scripthoge... another one who stopped updating ages ago. I'd say delete those 2 and let MC do its thing... it will. (Deaderpool said so!) :smile:

Shimrod doesn't seem to have been around since April. I looked at comments for all 3 mods you list... nothing. He updated for the March 26 patch... and that may have done him in. I don't know... sure looks like it!

You're in Tanja's thread, her stuff is probably fine. She's on top of it.

The ones I didn't mention I don't have, and don't know who those modders are. Hopefully someone else will chime in!

Does this help any?
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Quick thing, I remember when I first read about mc, it said it didn't work well with another population mod. It might be the one that generates less townies. Is that the one Harmony has?
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Quick thing, I remember when I first read about mc, it said it didn't work well with another population mod. It might be the one that generates less townies. Is that the one Harmony has?

Not unless she didn't mention it, if you're talking about Shimrod's Reduced Townie Generating, which IS BROKEN (I just checked) and has not been updated since right after the March 26 patch. Way to go EA, chasing off one of the best. >:)
  • Options
    @Amiutza how's the cc check going? If you'd share your findings that would be wonderful, especially since @HarmonySims280 is having issues also... if you two would both post results, that might help save someone else some work. Although with updates coming, it may not matter... just a thought!
  • Options
    Oh I haven't even started yet, I'm short on time and my folder is close to 4gb. It's going to take forever, sadly.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • Options
    You two are setting yourselves up as my "go to gurus" for cc issues... I'm just sayin'

:wink:
  • Options
    Haha, lucky I never merged my cc. Now that could have turned into a disaster.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • Options
    LOL! Yeah, hang on, let me requote your long thing because there's more I wanted to say...
  • Options
    Well all of my cc is working as well, except i get the occasional crash and it's definitely related to it.

Just a question: if a package doesn't open in s4pe does that mean it's corrupt even tho it still shows in my game?
    hhHD2XB.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top