Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Did anybody's mods get disabled for today's patch? Mine didn't. Just wondering!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

no
    Zalera13 wrote: »
    Soo I need some help as I'm a little slow apparently, lol. I don't think I've worked out the careers part of mc properly, as in the employment percentage stuff, I figured it was percentage as in 60 / 40 60 % are employed and 40% not but I don't see any change I still have loads of unemployed sims going around, some have lost their jobs also not sure how they managed that but whatever. Could someone please explain it to me. I have tried looking for answers on this but I couldn't find anything or anything that made it clearer anyway. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Careers doesn't do a LOT. The docs are short enough I'm going to paste it here:
    MC Career

The career module contains settings to work-around the way that the Sims 4 core-script will assign career jobs to households marked "Played Households" if they are not the active household and employment ranges for each age-group. The ranges are set-up in a minimum/maximum manner. So, for Teenagers who, with EA's defaults, have a range of 40/50. That means they will have no less than 40% employment and no more than 50%. If the numbers drop below that, Teenagers will be given jobs. If the number goes above 50%, they will quit their jobs.
    Settings in mc_settings.cfg

Setting
    Description
    Default Value

Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly When assigning careers to Sims, if this is true then any household marked "Played" will be bypassed by the Sims 4 career-assignment process. false

Career_AdultEmploymentRange Minimum and Maximum percent ranges of YA/A employment in your world. Values are separated by a comma. 70,80

Career_ElderEmploymentRange Minimum and Maximum percent ranges of Elder employment in your world. Values are separated by a comma. 40,50

Career_TeenEmploymentRange Minimum and Maximum precent ranges of Teen employment in your world. Values are separated by a comma. 40,50

If you need more than this let me know. I'm a little overstimulated, I gotta get out of here for a bit. I'll be back, after EVERYBODY (mouthy crew of 2 I live with) goes to BED. >.<

• Zalera13Zalera13 Posts: 55 Member
    I kind of get it now but, I don't want so many jobless sims even if i don't play them. Is there much point to changing it, trying to make more of them have jobs or should I just leave them to be unemployed?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Happy Happy Birthday!!! *Blows little trumpet thingy and scatters confetti!*

Sorry, late to the party with this - did you have one, by the way? A party, that is.

And I hope you got all the pressies you wanted and people didn't combine your Christmas and birthday gifts?! :D I have a friend whose birthday is in early January and he always grumps about the fact that he doesn't get much for his birthday as people have already given him gifts for Christmas :D
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Happy late birthday @egwarhammer ! :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited December 2016

Well, since I hadnt played the game since last weeks patch arrived, I had a bigger patch to download, so yes, I did get mine disabled, but only because I had last weeks patch as well in my pack. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited December 2016
    @egwarhammer:
    ☆☆☆ Happy Birthday! ☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆ ☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    I love you... Happy Birthday <3
    Words are soul's image
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Happy birthday!! @egwarhammer

Hope you are enjoying a wonderful day
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    @egwarhammer HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! <3 Thank you for everything you are doing for us and the community!
    AMB.jpg
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @egwarhammer Happy belated birthday!
  • lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    @egwarhammer Happy late birthday! <3 Hope you had lots of fun.
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    @egwarhammer
    Happy belated birthday, hope it was a great day :)
  • happyal1891happyal1891 Posts: 54 Member
    Question. I chose to show hidden households in Household Management, but I want to hide them again. Is this possible and how do I go about doing so? Thanks!

It's a one-way street, UNLESS you can either roll back your save, or load an earlier copy from before you did it. There isn't any way using MC to re-hide unhidden sims. I don't have a link handy (just woke up, bleary still), but it's been asked before, and that's what Deaderpool said.

Thanks for the info at least I know now. I keep all of my ghosts so there are a lot of single ghost households. I've been working around them pretty well and will continue to do so. I'm way too far along to want to do a roll back at this point. Thankfully, newly created households always show up at the very bottom of the not in world list.
    Is anybody else noticing weirdness with dresser/cas? (Game CAS, not mc cas module). I have one little boy who started off as a throwback kid, white with blonde hair, mom & sis both black with black hair. So I changed his skin color to black and his hair to dark brown... I thought. In everyday and swim, it's fine. In the other 4 categories, in CAS at least, it's still blonde. I thought that couldn't happen? I haven't seen him in world yet, to see how it looks there. I should track him down. Park visit incoming, probably.

They also all had ORIENTAL names. Mom and teen girl had the SAME name... Mariko Suzuki. Kid was Daichi. I was trying to figure out how to go about fixing my non-asian-oriental-family names, when hubby had a brainstorm... he said they WERE Johnsons, but they had been put into Witness Protection... "You're Suzukis now"... "what???" :o:smiley:

So I went with Johnson. I can't remember their new first names, but they're not Asian any more, nor are mom and daughter using the SAME name, now. LOL!!

I have 3 different Tanakas. One is a cell criminal who looks a lot like Moira Fyres. I have issues with red-haired Tanakas, but I figure, maybe she did it on purpose, to try to frame Moira. ;) So I'm leaving it alone for now. Not sure if I should change their relationships or just the names on a couple of them. Silly game.

Two different Yoshiros, too. Bleah. Stuff to do.

I played through a day as a detective and didn't have any trouble, but it was the FIRST day, so I didn't have "my own" criminal to find, yet. Also played Scientist day one. And she was abducted later, and is now pregnant with a boy. (MC settings.) Funny thing, she went downstairs, the saucer showed up BELOW her apt (chic street) and about half inside the building. ROFL!

fmsb5z.jpg

Skipped scientist day two (vacation day) for Geekcon, which went well overall EXCEPT for one gaming mat getting stuck when a regular picnic table zoned in over it, before it could go away. Everything else worked right, though.

And while I'm sharing pictures, I just randomly decided to edit this one guy, and was really surprised to see THIS in his Bathing Outfit...

2cr14le.jpg

Am I the *only* one seeing weird things?
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Is anybody else noticing weirdness with dresser/cas? (Game CAS, not mc cas module).

No your not the only one. I have been getting it for a while now. Probably since CL update. Certainly before the Glamour Stuff Pack. Occasionally, I get a male NPC spawned with a very female outfit in some category. Just like a pink swimsuit. With so much else that was going on with my game I just did a CAS edit and ignored the problem. But, I get very few spawnings at the moment so it is not really an issue for me.

Now I am beginning to get on top of things. Cleared out 800Mb of CC (with a few mods). Next problem will be with MC Dresser trying to find white listed CC that I deleted or saved outfits with CC missing.

Does anyone know what will happen with my Child Sims if they are orphaned? I am expecting some deaths of both parents in a couple of households.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Cyclelegs Last time I checked, an orphaned baby or child that doesn't have a teen or older living in the household with them will essentially be culled.
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    Hello @egwarhammer ,
    I have the pregnancy mega mod, and latey I noticed that it's doesn't work!!
    I was informed that this mod is broken with the latest update, and i was told that i should download the MC Comnand Center mod (pregnancy module). Can you tell me about this mod? What does it do? and what does it do like the pregnancy mega mod?
    thanks in advance :):):)
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    Hello @egwarhammer ,
    I have the pregnancy mega mod, and latey I noticed that it's doesn't work!!
    I was informed that this mod is broken with the latest update, and i was told that i should download the MC Comnand Center mod (pregnancy module). Can you tell me about this mod? What does it do? and what does it do like the pregnancy mega mod?
    thanks in advance :):):)

It does everything. PMM has not worked for MONTHS. Go to MC's description page. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Scroll WAY down. Under the modules table and the install picture(s) there are a BUNCH of Spoiler Buttons.

Look under all of them... But for what you want NOW, scroll down to MC Pregnancy and open up and READ *all* the Spoiler buttons under that heading.

I'd post a picture of where it starts on that page, but TinyPic is being a brat again this morning.

I just woke up, I'm not in the best mood, and I'm not reinventing the wheel. Read that, then if you have any more questions, ask, either here or in MC Comments. ;)
  • MikeytMikeyt Posts: 42 Member
    Does anyone know if there is an option in the MC Command Centre to not overfill the houses?

For example, I currently have a bunch of 2 bedroom houses/apartments with 5-6 sims living in them. I just wondered whether there might be a setting that looks up the bedroom count on a home before moving any more sims in?
    Who has been using the No Age flag, and how has it worked for you LATELY?

@leo3487 has reported an error with it before, and again last night, so I'm curious. I honestly haven't used the No Age flag since they first broke the aging bar, to have it turn full/green/glowy with the flag applied. For some reason, that gets on my nerves bad enough that I've avoided using it since then.

I'll check it though, I'm testing a few other things.

Looking for independent reports.
    Mikeyt wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is an option in the MC Command Centre to not overfill the houses?

For example, I currently have a bunch of 2 bedroom houses/apartments with 5-6 sims living in them. I just wondered whether there might be a setting that looks up the bedroom count on a home before moving any more sims in?

We wish! LOL Nearest I can figure, there's a list of vacant lots and a list of homeless sims. The "random" is probably something like "order of sim ID" or some field like that which WE can't see.

There's no way to get a single person for a single bedroom house. Or a family of 5 put into Cypress Terrace. It's just an "everybody in, here's your spot" kind of routine.

If you want to move them around yourself, it works better to EVICT them from their current lot and then MOVE them to a new one from Manage Households. Moving sims lot-to-lot tends to destroy the status of the lot left behind, sometimes they show up with much less $ value, and sometimes you can't move into them "furnished" because they get damaged. Evict > Move doesn't cause that. Just a tip! ;)
    @Pegasus143 would that culling of kids still happen if @Cyclelegs moved the kids of the to-be-deleted parents into another household, first?

I would *think* they'd be safe, living with another adult-type, but I haven't tried it to see. Do you know? If kids are deleted for no-local-adult or no-parent that's one thing, but if they're deleted from OTHER households they're squatting in, that's something different.

If you're *really* worried, use MC's relationships options to change their family ties. Designate a foster home and tie them to their new Mom and Dad, maybe?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    Is anybody else noticing weirdness with dresser/cas? (Game CAS, not mc cas module).

No your not the only one. I have been getting it for a while now. Probably since CL update. Certainly before the Glamour Stuff Pack. Occasionally, I get a male NPC spawned with a very female outfit in some category. Just like a pink swimsuit. With so much else that was going on with my game I just did a CAS edit and ignored the problem. But, I get very few spawnings at the moment so it is not really an issue for me.

Now I am beginning to get on top of things. Cleared out 800Mb of CC (with a few mods). Next problem will be with MC Dresser trying to find white listed CC that I deleted or saved outfits with CC missing.

Does anyone know what will happen with my Child Sims if they are orphaned? I am expecting some deaths of both parents in a couple of households.

If you move the child into another family via manage worlds, it shouldn't get culled. I've done this several times with kids related to my main Sim - sometimes I move them into my Sim's family, sometimes I move them into another played household. You can't move babies though, as far as I recall.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top