March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Body Control in MCCC v2.16
    MistyLake wrote: »
    ...You said, that i wouldn't need a weight/muscle control mod because MCCC has a similar module. That sounds great. Which one is it? And if i add that into my game, what are the adjustments i need to set if i want my sims never to change their appearance..in other words if i want them to stay the way i make them in CAS...

You can find those controls in the CAS-Module. Make sure that this module is installed in your game. But maybe it works somewhat different from the mod you currently use.

To access the MCCC configuration menu you need a computer from the buy mode on the lot where you are. If there is none, buy one. Which one doesn't matter. A tablet is also fine, but has first to be moved from the inventory and placed somewhere on the lot.

Where to find in MCCC:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC CAS > Monitore Physique
    • Attention: You have to activate this setting first to have the following to be effective!

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC CAS > Male Fit/Fat Limits
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC CAS > Female Fit/Fat Limits
    • Values for these settings vary between -100 to +100.
    • Input is a pair of values, defining the lower and the upper limit separated by a "," (comma).
    • Example: "-50,+10" for fatness will represent a healthy physique - but of course beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.
    • Regarding the CAS sliders for fit-/fatness, 0 (zero) is the center position.

Don't forget to restart your game after you changed anything mentioned above. This is mandatory for the settings to become effective.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#bodycontrol #mccc #howto

I still use this one No Fatness / No Muscles by @scripthoge

It hasn't conflicted with MCCC (yet). The only issue I had with using monitor physique in MCCC is it sets everyone to the values you put in.

Did you have that installed when you were posting to MC earlier? Just curious! :)

Not every conflict generates a message, that's where I'm going...

MAYBE you should ask Deaderpool about using the 2?

Just a thought from fuzzy-headed me. <3

Also, TYVM again @Bonxie for being wonderful at answering How-To questions. I LOVE how you put your answers together! :)

How about reposting that one on Updating? Just copy and paste it again, I'd love to see it make another appearance, CL is getting close, now. (As opposed to a link to the original message... I'd rather see you just put it out there again, in all its glory ;) . Thanks!)
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    edited October 2016
    @egwarhammer
    Yes, it's been in when I have monitor physique turned off. I took it out when I had monitor physique turned on. I turned that off, and put it back in, because monitoring physique sets everyone to those the ranges you put in. Using Monitor Physique and leaving the values at default, doesn't stop weight and muscle gain or loss on your Sim. At least not that I've found. But I do believe the issue I was having that I asked @Deaderpool over at MTS was the fact that I was trying to turn Eliza Pancakes and Bella (Goth) Bachelor into teenagers, with no parents to pull stats from LOL. I could be wrong, and that could have been the issue, but I never noticed the issue I "was" having until yesterday.
    @Ulfric_Grimbrand have you ever tried that Move Out Single Sim setting?

Anybody? DP says it isn't supposed to move *everybody* out of a "roommates" house... but that happened here. I'd never used it. That was in my previous move-in run, though, not the most recent one (with it disabled again).

I blame the alien in that household. She's really pretty, though. Haha! So she can stay... >:)

Here's something random. I had the thought earlier, that with 150+ sims, I may want to thin down the herd pretty soon. I'm thinking about putting the ones I decide not to keep in my game up on the gallery, in case any of you might want to move them in. I'll try to remember to screenshot them, I'd love to see how what they look like for you compares to how I sent them. Mod differences (settings) will probably play there. Could be interesting.

(Ulfric how are Keon and the girls doing? Still around? ;) If not, no worries, I know how that goes. LOL!)

Not much time left, I'll be back in the AM. Have a great night/day, gang!
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @egwarhammer Yes I've used it, and move out elders, but I've never had it empty a house like you did. I'm sorry, but I'm actually laughing about that ... imagine Summer, Liberty and Travis on Sunday afternoon:
    Summer: Guys, let's cook out and do some stuff in the back yard!
    Liberty: I'll fix us some drinks!
    Travis: I'll start gathering the gardening supplies!

12 hours later ....

Travis: Where am I? How did I wind up in a trailer in Newcrest?
    Liberty: Hey, where are my keys? What am I doing sleeping on a bench in Oasis Springs?
    Summer: Who's this guy in my bed? Why do I have a wedding ring on? Wait, this isn't my bed! Where am I? Oh, I feel like I'm going to be sick ... could I be ... who is this guy!?!?!?

Monday Morning, they go to Garden Essence, and find a big For Sale sign!

As for Keon and the girls, ummm you missed my post in the happy play thread ... I had a tray accident, I don't have any of the happy play thread simselves any longer :(
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Body Control in MCCC v2.16
    MistyLake wrote: »
    ...You said, that i wouldn't need a weight/muscle control mod because MCCC has a similar module. That sounds great. Which one is it? And if i add that into my game, what are the adjustments i need to set if i want my sims never to change their appearance..in other words if i want them to stay the way i make them in CAS...

You can find those controls in the CAS-Module. Make sure that this module is installed in your game. But maybe it works somewhat different from the mod you currently use.

To access the MCCC configuration menu you need a computer from the buy mode on the lot where you are. If there is none, buy one. Which one doesn't matter. A tablet is also fine, but has first to be moved from the inventory and placed somewhere on the lot.

Where to find in MCCC:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC CAS > Monitore Physique
    • Attention: You have to activate this setting first to have the following to be effective!

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC CAS > Male Fit/Fat Limits
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC CAS > Female Fit/Fat Limits
    • Values for these settings vary between -100 to +100.
    • Input is a pair of values, defining the lower and the upper limit separated by a "," (comma).
    • Example: "-50,+10" for fatness will represent a healthy physique - but of course beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.
    • Regarding the CAS sliders for fit-/fatness, 0 (zero) is the center position.

Don't forget to restart your game after you changed anything mentioned above. This is mandatory for the settings to become effective.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#bodycontrol #mccc #howto

I still use this one No Fatness / No Muscles by @scripthoge

It hasn't conflicted with MCCC (yet). The only issue I had with using monitor physique in MCCC is it sets everyone to the values you put in.

That is the same MOD I use. :D
    I just have the feeling it doesn't work anymore because I have a household of fa..BIG sims and every one of them suddenly became slim and curvy and muscular! I had to go to CAS to adjust their weight.
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Just curious before I go about and do a more tourough search for mod-conflicts: When I want to take my sim out to a nice resturant in Dine Out there is no employees at the resturant. So my sim can not get seeted, can not order from the menu etc. Is there a setting in MCCC that might conflift here? Thinking of the # of sims on lot, but not really sure what I am thinking....
    AMB.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    Just curious before I go about and do a more tourough search for mod-conflicts: When I want to take my sim out to a nice resturant in Dine Out there is no employees at the resturant. So my sim can not get seeted, can not order from the menu etc. Is there a setting in MCCC that might conflift here? Thinking of the # of sims on lot, but not really sure what I am thinking....

Hello @Bloudwed
    Egwarhammer has posted about the issue in this link thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/902542/restaurant-tip-for-mc-command-center-2-16-0-users
    Bloudwed wrote: »

Did you read the post rosemow linked? Funny thing, I just wrote it yesterday. Good timing, huh? :smiley:

You're on the right track, it IS the (non-default) number of sims on the RESTAURANT lot that's the problem.

Removing restaurants from the lots you want your numbers changed on will allow your employees to show up to work again. There's a path to it in that post. :)

Deaderpool says they might be doing restaurants differently somehow, he was going to look into it to see if he could figure out what was getting snagged on those lots, nobody's reported any trouble from any other venue type.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I got a question, what can MC command give me in form of story play? Like what interactions can i do compared to not having it. Thinking about getting it but im not really a fan of adding mods to games if its not through steam, i dont like going through files because i tend to mess things up xD
    I got a question, what can MC command give me in form of story play? Like what interactions can i do compared to not having it. Thinking about getting it but im not really a fan of adding mods to games if its not through steam, i dont like going through files because i tend to mess things up xD

First up, installing is easy as pie if you get the AllModules.zip file version. Open it, select all the package and ts4script files, and drop them into a folder like /Sims4/Mods/MC. You have now installed MC. :)

There's an extra part hosted on another site, if you go to the description page for MC and read through the modules it offers, you'll see it, and a link to the page for it, at the bottom of that table. If you're after story play, you'll probably want it, too. If you have trouble getting to it, it's a known issue with that site, PM me.

If you download MC, there's a Troubleshooter PDF included that covers getting the other file, too. And other things. Basic install stuff. I wrote it, I'd love for you to read through it as a "mess things up" type. If I lose you somewhere, tell me. If if helps you, I'd love to know that, too.

Story play stuff in another post. I want you to see this. :)
    MC is all modules, the only required part for anything else to work is the main script and package module.

You don't *have* to install all of them. I do (I have to have it ALL!! haha!), but there are several functions I leave disabled, too. But leaving parts out does affect how other things work, and what you see in the UI, too. (Example: if you don't install Cleaner, you don't get the MC versions of Relationship Culling... but you get the on/off switch for EA's style.)

Gameplay, the biggest thing is every Saturday at midnight (save your game about 1145ish Friday night), if you have it enabled and set up (it's easy), there's an alarm that will move sims into your empty houses. If you run with default settings, you'll also have sims getting married and/or pregnant that same night. Aging settings matter to some alarms, there's a Weekly Schedule under a spoiler button on the description page.

I have mine set up a little differently, playing on long, and I have marriages happening on Friday, move-in Saturday (can't be changed, but marriage and pregnancy days can), and pregnancy Sunday. Seems to be working well, so far.

Changing config settings is easy with any live lot computer or slablet. Don't let the walls of text get to you, just browse the site, so you know where to go look for answers as you set things up. Don't worry about getting too deep into 2.16, we're getting bumped up to 3.0 when Deaderpool updates the mod for the incoming CL patch... we'll ALL be back there re-reading docs, then! :smiley:

One thing I LOVE about MC is its Pause on Zone feature. I haven't turned it off since he added it. Game changer, IMO.

You know, it may be easier for you to ask if you can do a thing with MC, than it will be for me to tell you everything MC can do for your game. Pretty broad question. ;) (I'm eating and gotta get to bed soon, work tonight.) Browse the site, install the mod. If you have questions, ask us.

Lots of us have played with MC for a long time, we've probably seen or done what you're interested in. :) What would you like to do, or see happen?
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited October 2016
    ...How about reposting that one on Updating?...

I'm afraid, I don't understand. Could you please explain the meaning of "posting it on Updating"?
    Of Course I will do anything, but I don't get it. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    ...How about reposting that one on Updating?...

I'm afraid, I don't understand. Could you please explain the meaning of "posting it on Updating"?

Certainly I will do anything, but I don't get it. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Remember the post from you about when the mod needs to be updated, following a patch? "Early Warning" or something like that. The one Deaderpool commented on? I think it'd be easier for you to find than me... look in your Awesomes, I'm pretty sure it had some.

I'd say it was a long post, but that's not going to narrow it down much for you... haha! <3 And I LOVE how you do those ultra-informative pages. Much better than my haphazard way of reinventing the wheel.

Does that help?

Most of what you see from me is freshly typed. I don't copy/paste a lot of my MC answers. So yeah, I'm extremely impressed by how you've been putting those things together.

While I'm thinking of it... @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum Bonxie's made several posts to this thread that would be stellar site additions in the FAQ (How To, whatever) area. Just a suggestion. Browse backwards if you're interested. :) (ModerateOsprey is another good one to look for.)
  • thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    I've had my eye on those posts. Will update on Friday.

By the way, @WiggleyTuff, you should take a look at my blog *cough* (shameless promotion) *cough*. I still have quite a bit to add, but you should check out my MCC FAQ page because I've written all about mods and how to install them on that page. Instructions on my blog are written especially for people who know nothing about computers. I highly recommend trying mods. They are not dangerous, not a pain, and so much fun. Feel free to leave a comment on my blog or pm me if you have questions.

--RL
    edited October 2016
    I've had my eye on those posts. Will update on Friday.

By the way, @WiggleyTuff, you should take a look at my blog *cough* (shameless promotion) *cough*. I still have quite a bit to add, but you should check out my MCC FAQ page because I've written all about mods and how to install them on that page. Instructions on my blog are written especially for people who know nothing about computers. I highly recommend trying mods. They are not dangerous, not a pain, and so much fun. Feel free to leave a comment on my blog or pm me if you have questions.

--RL

By the way, since we already know we're versioning up to MC 3.0 when CL comes, I'd advise you to wait till then to go into MC specific docs too much in depth. I don't know any more than anybody else about what 3 will look like, but I'm sure it will be *different.*

He went from 1 to 2 when he got the last of the new computer UI menus done. That was definitely different! :)

Edit: BTW, it's getting to be close to when I'll be updating the Troubleshooter... <poke> :p
    So are you telling me to hold off on updating the FAQ page and looking through the troubleshooter until after CL is released and 3.0 is dropped? Let me know.
    So are you telling me to hold off on updating the FAQ page and looking through the troubleshooter until after CL is released and 3.0 is dropped? Let me know.

Hold off on the page, the MC Specific parts, that's all. The troubleshooter I would love for you to put on your short list, because if something's not clear in it, I want to fix that, and it's going to have to be updated when CL drops, too.

So yes and no. Wait on the related site stuff and in the free time that gives you Pretty Please let me know what's up with my thing???

Hahaha!! (close to bedtime, I'm a little loopy.)
    I'm a tad confused because most of the stuff that would be in the troubleshooter would be on the FAQ page. If 3.0 is going to be so different that stuff on the FAQ page might be irrelevant, isn't it better to see if DP does any UI changes before we bother looking at the troubleshooter? I'm just trying to make sure that I understand.
    Thanks guys, ill look things up(: though i cannot find a sims 4 mod folder anywhere, it doesnt even pop up when i search after it so i guess i got the same issue with that as i do with sims 4 screenshots haha
    I'm a tad confused because most of the stuff that would be in the troubleshooter would be on the FAQ page. If 3.0 is going to be so different that stuff on the FAQ page might be irrelevant, isn't it better to see if DP does any UI changes before we bother looking at the troubleshooter? I'm just trying to make sure that I understand.

How about you're going to look through the PDF for me again soon (but I work this week, so it isn't a TODAY thing, just a "this week would be awesome" thing), because I asked you to please do it for me? <3

You said there was something in the troubleshooter you didn't understand. I need to know what that IS so I can fix it, and I would prefer to get that done before the whole update becomes necessary. Like I said, I don't really know what's coming, but I know he's going to be changing the site docs some. I'll have to take new pictures, change numbers, etc, at the very least, too.

Some of what's in the Troubleshooter won't change, because it isn't all about MC. But not knowing where you had a problem, I'm panicking early, so I don't have to do it later, while I'm rewriting, too. :smiley:

Feel free to PM me, I'm headed for bed, but I'll check in later. No, you don't have to PM me a report (or anything, unless you just want to) "today". ;)

Oh, yeah. I seriously can not see the print in the maroon (?) title block on your page. I think there's something small under the title, but I can't swear to that. If the page could be a democracy for a minute... I'd like to vote for a lighter (colored/shaded/etc) style. At least think about it? Thanks. :)
    Thanks guys, ill look things up(: though i cannot find a sims 4 mod folder anywhere, it doesnt even pop up when i search after it so i guess i got the same issue with that as i do with sims 4 screenshots haha

What are you playing on?

@rosemow
    @egwarhammer ive Always had the issue, wether i had windows 8 or windows 10 as i got now. But i take my screenshot with the windows key and prtsc which works perfectly fine at the moment. Just interested what MC command could give me in form of story creating aspect (:then i would consider looking more into finding the folder
    You should check your documents. Then, you'll see a folder that say "Electronic Arts," inside you'll see "Sims 4" then you'll see a whole bunch of folders including tray, screenshots, and mods. This is the mods folder you want.

I don't know if this is helpful, but I also use a pc, and this is how I find my mods folder.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top