Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Going to work later.

ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
Usually when it's time to go to work (in this case the precinct) I'll get the pop up to join him or have him go it alone. I had some work to do on the house so I sent him there thinking I could just join him later. This isn't possible is it? You either have to go or you don't get a chance to go later on right?
Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    That is right. You need to go with them at the start of the day, and can't instead join them later on. You will need to wait until the next day to go with them to work.
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited June 2015
    Thanks @rosemow! Man that su-ck-s. I'd of loved to have that as an option since I'm sure some of us don't always go right away if we're doing other things. Maybe this could be done later.

Thanks for the info :)
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    edited June 2015
    I do not know if this will work for your situation or not, but if you save your game, log out to main menu or quit/reload while one of your sims are at their active job you can join them when you reload. It should pop up a box that asks which sim you wish to play and you'd just choose the one at the hospital/lab/police station. I use this when they live on their retail lot too.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    If you first join your sim to work, you can then switch control to another sim at home. Then you can have that sim do whatever was necessary, and after that you can go back to your working sim. But as everyone has said, it only works, if you originally joined the sim to work.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Would be an interesting feature to add later if they want to continue on the whole "control your sims in every environment" thing. Like a new icon on their avatar where you adjust what they do at work, have a new one allowing you to join them would be sweet.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily