Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please make our sims quit plumming around when it comes to food preparation, eating & cleaning up.

ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
I can't tell you how many times I've had to send a sim to work or school half hungry, because instead of eating their breakfast, they had to stop & chat with their spouses, or mold the clay, or just sit there. Sometimes they also just stop cooking halfway through their meal preparation, or cook the meal, then wander off even though their hunger need is almost red. Even on their days off, it drives me crazy, I usually want to spend those days working on their aspiration or work-related skills, but the morning's half wasted by the time they've finished breakfast. And before you know it they're hungry again already. Plus they never wash their dishes without being prompted, and even then they'll stop if you don't watch them. Then they get all "uncomfortable" because of "filthy surroundings". Some days I find myself screaming at the computer screen "it's you own fault!".

I liked it better in Sims 3 when they just gobbled down their food.
Gallery ID: LDM2

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    TS2 was amazing with interaction queuing. They did what you told them and never delayed. Interactions also blended with other interactions and the Sims themselves nicely. Meaning, after completing an interaction, a Sim seemed to naturally go back to its "neutral" state. TS3 and onwards, I noticed they started to look as if they reset themselves after each interaction.

I can't remember a single instance where my Sim stopped, mid-interaction, and just stared into the distance with a blank expression.

Why is an 11 year old game better than its sequels in so many ways?