Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The little things

For me it's the little added touches that makes me smile while playing sims. In sims 4 my favorite thing is my sims singing in the shower!

What are some of the little things that put a smile on your face while playkng?
suRdkSd.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    I love being able to take pictures and do stories.

The scenery around the game is amazing especially in Outdoor Retreat.

Love the Sims 4 and looking forward to its future. <3
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    The bugs. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I love when friends give a hug at the door when you greet them.

I love the "did anyone notice that?" look when Sims just had too much franks & beans.

I love listening to the natural sounds in Granite Falls and out in the Science Lab grounds.

The aliens' voices are sweet and haunting.

The bad-cooking animations still make me laugh.

Sims who can't just sit on the toilet, they need to check their phones, that makes me laugh because it's so real.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    The bugs. Astro, that's classic. LOL

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    The bugs. Astro, that's classic. LOL
    Not the insect ones... ;)
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    To me my favorite 'little touch' occurred the other day, my Sim announced she was pregnant, Her husband came and hugged her then straight after gave her a suave kiss. Neither of the two actions were on his task list yet he did them anyway. It was cute!
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    Honestly as mean as it sounds I like when my sims are sad and they want to crawl in their bed and cry it out. It always makes me laugh. I'm not sure why but it's just something I really love. I think because my sims are always perpetually happy or fine that I get crazy excited when they get sad or angry lol
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I actually find the singing in the shower seriously annoying. I do think hanging the kids drawings all over the house is cute.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    The little details you can edit on their faces :wink:
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    The singing in the shower, I enjoy.

When the sims come and randomly hug their children or vice versa. I couldn't tell you the amount of times I've given my daughter a hug just because she happens to be in the same room as me. Far less than she comes and hugs me because I'm in the same room as her, but I get told "I love you" all the time, which to me is more or less the same thing.

One of my sims was reading a book earlier. She needed the bathroom. I clicked on the toilet as the sim herself was too engrossed in the book to notice. I thought she'd put the book down. She took it with her and carried on reading. As a bookworm, I understood being that engrossed in the book.

That my sims always find ways to spend time with each other always makes me smile.

The emotional walks. I don't mean the different walks that they've put in CAS, but the same book engrossed sim from earlier, is a musician. She works from 5-11pm, sim time. She'd gotten up too early that morning, so when she came in at 11pm from work she was exhausted. I had her get a bowl of chips because she was peckish, then sent her to the bathroom and to bed. Everytime they do that walk that says "I'm tired" my heart goes out to them and I feel like a terrible sim overseer.

It always makes me smile at how badly they play instruments when they first get them.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Arletta wrote: »

The emotional walks. I don't mean the different walks that they've put in CAS, but the same book engrossed sim from earlier, is a musician. She works from 5-11pm, sim time. She'd gotten up too early that morning, so when she came in at 11pm from work she was exhausted. I had her get a bowl of chips because she was peckish, then sent her to the bathroom and to bed. Everytime they do that walk that says "I'm tired" my heart goes out to them and I feel like a terrible sim overseer.

It always makes me smile at how badly they play instruments when they first get them.

I also like that they are kind of layered, so that despite being tired, it can be a happy kind of tired. My sim was tired, but she had a great night out.
    05-25-15_10-24nbspPM-2.png

05-25-15_10-26nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    CGTcue3U8AAxaso.png

CGTcue6UgAEbgZh.png

The sun :)

I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    CGTcue3U8AAxaso.png

CGTcue6UgAEbgZh.png

Oh my God, same! It's so beautiful and very well done cuz the rays change when you position your camera some place else.

For me, I like everything about the emotions. I know a lot of simmers (especially the ones who are very attached to TS2 and TS3) keep on making fun of the emotions in TS4 and how the sims in the previous games had more emotions. I'm not hating on those simmers; I love TS2 too but I just feel that overall, TS4 has a bit more expression. I kinda agree with the other simmers sometimes, like the TS4 sims don't really care so much when there is a fight going on, etc. Only good sims react to fights. Unlike in TS2, where they would cheer which was kinda amusing! XD

But I like their emotions cuz it even affects the way they speak. And I think that's really cool. For example, when my sim is sad or embarrassed and I ask them to take a picture with another sim, the sad sim would sound less cheerful while saying 'cheese'. The way they sleep is also different depending on their mood before they go to bed. There are so many more examples I can think of but I guess these are the little things that make it look more realistic at times.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    I love when you have two sims hanging out, you have interactions like 'Play chess together' or 'Dance together'. Rather than having to make them do it individually.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    I love staring at the water while my sim is fishing. So relaxing.

I love when they take a plate of food and a glass to drink of at the same time.

I love when my sim gets a call to go somewhere on the moment I'm starting to feel bored.

I love their faces. Looking at them while they chat makes me feel like I want to know them better.

I love visiting a household with a baby and watch the parents to look after it.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    These are not "little things", but to me, they're everything: Cas and build mode. I absolutely love both and how easy it is to get the results you want. I spend hours making over all the sims or decorating a house. Even if I don't feel like playing the game for a while, these two keep me coming back.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Or when the sim husband comes home from work then straight into his wife's arms although a few of his needs are in the red/orange. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Great topic because it is often the little things.
    DeKay wrote: »
    CGTcue3U8AAxaso.png

CGTcue6UgAEbgZh.png

Oh my God, same! It's so beautiful and very well done cuz the rays change when you position your camera some place else.

For me, I like everything about the emotions. I know a lot of simmers (especially the ones who are very attached to TS2 and TS3) keep on making fun of the emotions in TS4 and how the sims in the previous games had more emotions. I'm not hating on those simmers; I love TS2 too but I just feel that overall, TS4 has a bit more expression. I kinda agree with the other simmers sometimes, like the TS4 sims don't really care so much when there is a fight going on, etc. Only good sims react to fights. Unlike in TS2, where they would cheer which was kinda amusing! XD

But I like their emotions cuz it even affects the way they speak. And I think that's really cool. For example, when my sim is sad or embarrassed and I ask them to take a picture with another sim, the sad sim would sound less cheerful while saying 'cheese'. The way they sleep is also different depending on their mood before they go to bed. There are so many more examples I can think of but I guess these are the little things that make it look more realistic at times.
    I agree with you the more detailed emotions idea is great, I only regret they did it in an over the top manner and forgot about details that are better in the other games.

A detail I love in Sims 4 is how the body of a pregnant sim changes in a permanent way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I like the odd socks option for kids :)
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Sometimes I just take the time to really look at the animations, for example when my Sims are eating at the table - their whole bodies move naturally, their legs wiggle and twitch, their toes tap, they're not just static. I know nothing at all about animation, but I'm guessing a huge amount of work must have gone into making Sims look, well, animated!

I also had a Sim go break down the boarded up mineshaft in the park in Oasis Springs so he could go to the hidden lot there. I followed him as he walked and I love that the sound underfoot changes - I'd not noticed that before. When he's walking on the sandy parts, its sounds softly crunchy, but when he's walking along the dried up river bed, the sound changes as if he's walking on rocks. I love these little thoughtful touches.
  • Options
    FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    • I like how dogs will jump on your bed and wake you up to start the day
    • The general affection between a lone sim and his pet is incredibly touching
    • I like how Clumsy sims do a little trip and stumble when walking every now and then
    • I love when parents take their toddlers for a stroll in their stroller
    • The rocking chair can be used to rock toddlers to sleep
    • I love seeing families come together for a babies birthday into a toddler, the teens, the young adults back from college, the adults, and the elders. It feels like one big family
    • Children can secretly steal money from lemonade bake stand
    • If a couple's relationship is getting a low, a new interaction pops up called "Worry About Relationship" and a very tender moment between the sims occurs along with a relationship boost and they roll wishes about one another
    • If parents are unhappy, the kids really suffer for it
    • Sims dating can ask their partner's parents if they could marry their child
    • Brave sims can demand a raise from their boss
    • How sims will stick out their tongue and eat snow as it's falling
    • Pillow fights <3
    • romantic watching the stars, and seeing the shooting star pass by

thesims3-03.jpg

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited May 2015
    swcheppes wrote: »
    For me it's the little added touches that makes me smile while playing sims. In sims 4 my favorite thing is my sims singing in the shower!

They sing the same song and it annoys me xD
    I like the thing one of my couples do just before woohoo:
    One is all "mmmHm! *brushes hair confidently sort of thing"
    And the other is like "oooooh *flirty excitement wriggle of some degree*"

Worst description ever.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I was painting the other day and my sim made a painting I hadn't seen in game.. It's based off of a painting by Georges Seurat "Sunday afternoon on the island of La Grande-Jatte". I normally sell the paintings but I had to keep that one. I'm sorry I don't feel like looking or taking a picture right now ;).
    I love that there are varying styles there though that you can put in your homes depending on taste and the look/color scheme you want.
    There are so many things I love about this game :smiley:
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I looove the avatar of sims when they are bored. I imagine Sims 4 bashers like that when playing this lovely game :p

There are so many nice little things about this game. When your sim sleeps on a cheap bed and gets the sore back moodlet that makes him uncomfortable the sim actually keeps touching his own back and moaning ah oh ah. lol
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »

They sing the same song and it annoys me xD
    I like the thing one of my couples do just before woohoo:
    One is all "mmmHm! *brushes hair confidently sort of thing"
    And the other is like "oooooh *flirty excitement wriggle of some degree*"

Worst description ever.

I've actually heard 2 songs! I didn't look to see if maybe they sang different songs according to their emotion.
    suRdkSd.jpg