Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does your house look?

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I'll grab some screen captures now that Eloy has his roommates. Also of the exercise room since I got that organized a bit better. :) Soon!
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I love this thread. :heart:

These houses are all gorgeous!!! :smiley:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    Very short post from me today - using the same lot in a different save, for a different household, going for a classic mountain resort cabin feel. I call it the Chichi Chalet. :D
    ILL0d8Y.jpg
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member

Thank you! :) Maybe you have a house to share? :)
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Very short post from me today - using the same lot in a different save, for a different household, going for a classic mountain resort cabin feel. I call it the Chichi Chalet. :D
    ILL0d8Y.jpg
    Not only is that an awesome name, but that it also a cool looking house. :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    ILL0d8Y.jpg

Looks good. Any interior pictures? :)

I had a feeling you would go there. :smirk:

I would say I'm like an amateur to intermediate builder, these houses put my houses to shame! That and they're all a work in progress. The more stuff I get from the store, the more they start to look like I really want them to. I'll load up a game and see what I can find. I do build and redesign a lot, I just never share what my work looks like, lol.
    KqGXVAC.jpg

I had a feeling you would go there. :smirk:

I would say I'm like an amateur to intermediate builder, these houses put my houses to shame! That and they're all a work in progress. The more stuff I get from the store, the more they start to look like I really want them to. I'll load up a game and see what I can find. I do build and redesign a lot, I just never share what my work looks like, lol.
    Yeah, I feel. My first houses were just boxes -- In fact, my very first house was only a rectangle with a door. No paint. No windows. No light. Nothing.
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    edited August 2015
    Okay, this is one of my more recent houses. These are just the exterior though. I do have some interior picutre, but everything inside the houses with the exception of the walls (in some cases even not those) are subject to change.

Screenshot-134_zpssio9q04v.jpg

Screenshot-135_zpsqv4bmnll.jpg

Screenshot-137_zps62dbhqys.jpg

Screenshot-168_zpsiswsruge.jpg

Screenshot-169_zpslndn9cj0.jpg

Screenshot-171_zps1ai5cmwa.jpg

Screenshot-172_zpsuacqcwie.jpg
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    edited September 2015
    Okay, this is one of my more recent houses. These are just the exterior though. I do have some interior picutre, but everything inside the houses with the exception of the walls (in some cases even not those) are subject to change.
    This house looks awesome! Not sure if I'd live there, but I'd definitely have sims live there! :)
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
    :blush: Aw, thank you @SilentWolf101.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    cwaddell wrote: »

I made the chalet for my Cat Lady, so I tend to be very focussed on monitoring pet needs rather than just letting things roll. Also, playing in a house means fine-tuning and changing décor, especially just at first. But I have it looking nice, I think, and will grab some screen caps next time I play. :)
    cwaddell wrote: »

I made the chalet for my Cat Lady, so I tend to be very focussed on monitoring pet needs rather than just letting things roll. Also, playing in a house means fine-tuning and changing décor, especially just at first. But I have it looking nice, I think, and will grab some screen caps next time I play. :)
    Cool deal. :3
    Okay - as requested, here is a virtual tour, part one, the upstairs loft. Because of how the roof is shaped, windows are only possible at the ends of the space, so I kept it fairly open. Also, Audrey lives alone aside from cats, so privacy isn't as big a concern of this design. Layout:

4fAp01H.jpg

The fireplace is of course directly above the one in the main area below. It can be enjoyed from the bed (where this shot is grabbed from), but I placed a small couch for prime fireside enjoyment, as well as a reading chair for my bookworm tenant.

7eqMz70.jpg

Looking back the other way, from the reading chair more or less. The stairs, bed and a curtained hall can be seen.

N8NrcLL.jpg

Beyond the curtains seen in the fireplace view is a full bath. This overlooks the back of the house and its panoramic view. A luxury tub on one side, commode, shower and sink on the other.

YZ4I5fo.jpg

JVxc0Qj.jpg

Beside the bed, at the far end of the room, a curtain screens a small hallway that opens onto the deck above the front porch, with another sliding door to the right opening onto the sauna. A scratching post here for benefit of Audrey's three cats, currently being enjoyed by the marmalade tom, Mango.

TfYP07n.jpg

XbcE9DX.jpg

I'll post the downstairs once I am satisfied with my window treatments and décor. :)

Chichi Chalet interior, part 2 - Ground Floor

Aside from a half-bath behind the chimney stack, the first floor is built on an open floorplan, and is essentially one large room. The stairway is backed by a wall, with a galley kitchen along the other side. The front door is at the bottom of this image. Sliding doors centered in the other 3 walls also lead to a wrap-around porch.

gN5ZfWF.jpg

The room centers on the fireplace. Low book shelves frame a long sofa, and a rocking chair for reading or napping is nearby. My tenant, Audrey, is a professional Writer. Here we see her study beside the chimney stack, and the doorway to the downstairs half-bath.

Fm6ANga.jpg

No coffee table - it interferes with cats jumping up onto or exploring under the sofa. As Mango demonstrates, couch access is important to the cats. A good view of the book cases around the sofa there.

a8ckiVA.jpg

On the other side of the chimney stack and half bath is a dresser, mirror and stereo. Also at that end of the room is small sofa and the television.

qtASoOJ.jpg

The galley kitchen behind the stairs, with a half wall defining the dining area.

Nfv3MwL.jpg

Again - work in progress. I really only refine my houses by living in them, and this one is still my newest. :)
    @Sindocat That house is awesome! Is it up for download anywhere, and if so, are there any requirements? (I believe either High End Loft and/or Late night furniture is in there...)
    Yes. I think that bathroom fixtures, TV and some of my couches are High End Loft Stuff. I build with everything I have, and I know some of that came with Pets and Seasons. The potted olive trees are, I believe, from Monte Vista. The round fireplace is Store content from Brunch at the Old Mill though I bought it a la carte. The groovy valenced curtains are from Roaring Heights as are the low bookshelves around the couch. The sauna is from the Store... Ugh - hard to keep track. I would literally need to go through room by room and item by item to check.

I have not shared this lot to the Exchange yet, but if you like it, I could. The game will replace items you don't have with shockingly inappropriate default content instead, and you can go "No! No! What were you thinking?" and replace them if you like. :D
    Yes. I think that bathroom fixtures, TV and some of my couches are High End Loft Stuff. I build with everything I have, and I know some of that came with Pets and Seasons. The potted olive trees are, I believe, from Monte Vista. The round fireplace is Store content from Brunch at the Old Mill though I bought it a la carte. The groovy valenced curtains are from Roaring Heights as are the low bookshelves around the couch. The sauna is from the Store... Ugh - hard to keep track. I would literally need to go through room by room and item by item to check.

I have not shared this lot to the Exchange yet, but if you like it, I could. The game will replace items you don't have with shockingly inappropriate default content instead, and you can go "No! No! What were you thinking?" and replace them if you like. :D

Love your cozy cabin.

As far as replacements, I once downloaded a cabin/family house that had a toilet in the backyard. This was when I became aware of the replacement thing. But at first I was confused that anyone would put a toilet there. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be the hot tub from the outdoor living SP that I don't have.

XD Yeah, if I don't have it, just let it replace stuff and be like "OH DEAR GOD" and replace it ASAP. XD
    Well, @SilentWolf101 asked for it, so it's on the Exchange in my studio now, here: Chichi Chalet
  • 6020906060209060 Posts: 433 Member
    Oh my! So much nice houses in this thread! Well done everyone :smiley:

Here's mine. I have my own thread about the house I am building but...just if anyone is interested to see it :mrgreen:

Screenshot-17.jpg
    60209060 wrote: »
    Oh my! So much nice houses in this thread! Well done everyone :smiley:

Here's mine. I have my own thread about the house I am building but...just if anyone is interested to see it :mrgreen:

Screenshot-17.jpg

Very impressive. Where did the roof elements used on the greenhouse come from? I do especially like the greenhouse.
  • 6020906060209060 Posts: 433 Member
    @cwaddell: Thank you. I used the fence that came with the venue/store pack called "Mother Russia"
    @60209060 That is a cool looking house! :) I love the floor tiles around the pool that dip in a little bit. Beautiful!
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I really gotta stop in here often. I forget about it since it got moved. Oops. So many lovely homes though. God, I'm so jealous of some people's talent, like there's some insane talent in here.

Anyway, I just finished off this sucker tonight. Well, aside from a few minor adjustments and a few things that will be done later on as needed. I'm pretty proud of it.
    So the outside, which has come a long way since I first showed it.
    Screenshot-3063.jpg
    Screenshot-3042.jpg
    Screenshot-3034.jpg

I took a lot of pics and I don't want to overload the thread so for more pics, a couple extra of the exterior and all the interior pics I'm just going to link to my simblr decor tag, where I've been posting my progress along the way. In case anybody wants to look, if not it's cool. There's another house interior (or what I'd done of it before I lost it there, but you'll know it's a new house when the post date jumps to June (I think, or july. I think june.)
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    I really gotta stop in here often. I forget about it since it got moved. Oops. So many lovely homes though. God, I'm so jealous of some people's talent, like there's some insane talent in here.

Anyway, I just finished off this sucker tonight. Well, aside from a few minor adjustments and a few things that will be done later on as needed. I'm pretty proud of it.
    So the outside, which has come a long way since I first showed it.
    Screenshot-3063.jpg
    Screenshot-3042.jpg
    Screenshot-3034.jpg

I took a lot of pics and I don't want to overload the thread so for more pics, a couple extra of the exterior and all the interior pics I'm just going to link to my simblr decor tag, where I've been posting my progress along the way. In case anybody wants to look, if not it's cool. There's another house interior (or what I'd done of it before I lost it there, but you'll know it's a new house when the post date jumps to June (I think, or july. I think june.)
    Not sure if I asked this before, but is it up for download? If so, where?