Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your sims 3 current household? (Re-opened)

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited April 2018
    Started a new story..

Morgan and Timothy Green:

40518260175_af2fac16d5_c.jpg

40699275854_f6e5ed0d23_c.jpg

Josh will be in this one too (he gets around!)

26496154637_217bb395f1_c.jpg

:smiley:
    Post edited by Charlottesmom on
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    @Karritz - I have the play pen, but my adults always want to move my toddlers there at the wrong time. Dylan got a little abacus play in, and is chugging right along with Logic, but I only really worry about hitting the "age up well" marks of potty training, walking, and talking. Xylophone and pegboard are nice for letting my adults raise relationship with the kiddos as they gain skills. But I hate emptying the potty, so once they are good to age up, I seldom wait.

@Nabril - wait, ghost POTIONS? *looks those up* Oh! Chemistry table! I have never really explored that (doing Alchemy instead), but Dylan already has a lifetime wish to top Science Career and all related skills, so maybe I'll get on that with him, since he can't even touch his Witch skills until he's a teen.

@Mikezumi - Dylan looks the closest to Donovan of all the kids so far. I think he even got the violet eyes. Another reason for the name change is that the MacDuffs are near neighbors, and I didn't want to risk him marrying in as Duff MacDuff. I also set up a Werewolf family nearby, with kids in reasonably close age-ranges (teen through toddler), and made sure there were some blonde genes in there, too. That'll matter more once the older boys are teens, but I am trying to give them a chance to all be kids together for a bit.

@Jude525 - So far, Dane and Donovan haven't even flirted with other Sims (though one or the other got "Hey, you're kinda cute!" hearts with the mailman). So, no home-wrecking! I'm angling for that "eternally faithful" moodlet. ;)

And with Dylan aged up, it's time to add another chair to the kitchen table. Here's everyone, eating together - nice when I can get that to work!

KUN5MxK.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Sindocat I know how you feel about emptying the potty. But I let the sims do that. :s

The thing is, if you put two toddlers together in the playpen, not only do they become friends while playing together, their needs actually go up. You can leave them in there for sim days and they can learn all sorts of things happily.

If you have only one in the playpen their needs do go down and they get lonely.

And it's really annoying the way the other sims keep putting them into the playpen when you don't want them there. I often put the playpens into the household inventory when I'm getting the toddlers taught to walk, talk, potty, xylophone and peg box and read all toddler books. Then I put the playpens back. If I have multiple toddlers, and I often do have 6 or more in a household, I rotate the toddlers through the playpens so they become friends with each other and then they can end up with a really high charisma skill from playing with the mirror. Of course, I don't know if this is all worth it though.

I think I had 4 playpens and 8 or more toddlers in this save.

BartANdDIana002.jpg

I want all my toddlers to be trained, including townie toddlers. So I move them all in together in my boarding school and they all get to know each other and learn skills.

Later on I do the same with children and teens and try to mix up the different young sims so they get to know the most possible different sims. It makes for a much more interactive town as the townies are all friends from childhood.

Then there is Oscar and Louise - they had 15 babies and most of them are babies or toddlers. Three have aged up to child. Then I decided it was so much fun I started making a video series about them. I haven't got them married yet in the videos. But when they are married I'll move all of these babies/toddlers/children in with them and they'll probably have a few more as I want to see their grandchildren. I've since added parents for each of Oscar and Louise and I want to see how that affects the genetics of future babies born to them and their own children.

Autumn3021.jpg

Just having fun...
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Nabril wrote: »
    @Jude525 I once had two sims drink ghost potions before trying for a baby. They had twin girls who grew up as ghosts! As soon as they could walk, they were walking through walls :)

It was pretty cool!

SO COOL!!!!! Michaela has mastered the chemistry lab and actually already has one ghost potion in her inventory. This could be a way to get a ghost alien!!
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Sindocat I always go for the eternally faithful moodlet with my Sims. I actually wish at some point the game would stop trying to interfere with long term relationships. If for no other reason than to stop hearing that annoying sound they make when a Sim turns down a date on the phone. Oh, and all that stupid clutter in the household inventory from the love trinkets received in the mail. Have you ever gotten the cobwebs from the Now and Then Century Manor? I've lost count of how often they show up.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Karritz - that's way more toddlers than I want to be in charge of, at once! Had I known that the playpen would keep two toddlers productively engaged, I'd have used it for Sage and Ean. Dylan was on his own, though. Maybe I'll get twins next go round!

@Jude525 - I am playing on a somewhat limited laptop, so I am not running Seasons with this save. I did invite a neighbor over (as a foot in the door meeting his family, with there genes for blond hair and a whole nother life state) and he tried to put the moves on Donovan. The kids got upset, and Dane asked him to leave. :D
    Filed under "Not In My Household, Yet", but time passes, and Ean won't be a Child for much longer. Don't worry, Ean - there are things to look forward to in your Teen years that your dads haven't told you about, yet. And one of them is this Were-dude (here seen failing to access the Everglow Academy, on that one trick door that glitches Sims). Take a good look into your future, Ean - Teague MacDougal is waiting! *wolf-whistle!*

rWo5QxV.jpg

Sage and Dylan will both be kids a bit longer, so I am starting them on being friends with the kid brothers. This Little Adventurer, Tyson, is currently intended for Sage.

uSJkmyw.jpg

Dylan is already best friends with the youngest, Tybalt, another blond, with a VERY blue eyed gaze due to his were heritage (and also stuck in the plummed up school door). I am hoping to get a mix of Occult states and hair colors this way, but we'll see what's predominant.

4D3IXiD.jpg

He might give his older brother a run for the money, some day! For now, it's just nice for Dylan to have a buddy. :)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited April 2018
    A couple of changes to my family. Niall is now a YA and his boyfriend, Cain, has joined the household and Fife and Brett are now elders.
    40533366845_5fce0d033a_o.jpg

Edit to add family tree:
    39630066850_9cc894f693_o.png
    39630066240_239d44f1f8_o.png
    "Oh, nice of you to stop by... I was just waking up. Pardon my underoos." Sure, Ean - total accident. Then again, Teague did agree to move in, so... well done! ;)

sJiT6ay.jpg

But as if a second Teen around the house isn't enough mayhem, what could possibly have Donovan feeling nauseated from "unknown causes", much less have him lumbering around the place in his stretchy old fat pants? Look's like Dane's done it again.

UBXlyhU.jpg

Donovan doesn't want the hospital. This porch is just about his favorite place. This is the second time he's given birth, here. Dane is on hand to flip out and panic uselessly.

C3ItH0m.jpg

Donovan gives a whole new meaning to the term "baby-face", here.

pJ6zOoP.jpg

"Still totally worth it, though!" says Donovan, thinking fondly of how he got in this predicament. Dane is still having a conniption.

LYoHWgO.jpg

Aaaand.... It's a girl! A sparkly baby Fairy girl! Welcome to the world, Dana Honeycutt! Dane's all "I think I need a hospital..."

DcMXdw7.jpg

edited April 2018
    For those keeping score at home, that's Fairies 2; Witches 2, MacAuleys 2, Honeycutts 2; Boys 3, Girls 1. But after a few cuddles and a little rocking chair time, not to mention at least one diaper change, it was time to age Dana up to get our scorecard up to date on the hair color lotto. I'll admit, I was hoping for a brunette, just to keep things even.

Never let it be said that this game lacks a sense of humor. Trigger Age Transition... sparkle... sparkle... and...:

YEZHgqR.jpg

:D:D:D

So, into CAS to give her a hairstyle. ANY hairstyle!

IyOS9bt.jpg

She's giving Donovan a goofy look - and she got his hair! Team Ginger for the win!

I did recolor her wings just for variety - and because it will help me distinguish her from Sage at a distance. Ordinarily, I go with favorite color, but Dana's is Black. I'll be playing it as "black and white" because either alone is difficult for a designer, but they are ever so chic, together. I may give her white wings... but I like this kind of flame color, too, with that hair.

And while I had her in there anyway, I decided that, without female ancestry to look at, I had no idea how her Dads' features would translate. So I temporarily aged her up to check. Teen Dana with random age-up hair sneak preview:

YJq4joL.jpg

That's Donovan's somewhat pudding nose for once, but, she'll do JUST FINE! :D I think she looks feisty!
    @Sindocat I always take pics of the epic age up fails! Some of the hair/clothes combos are enough to make a grown woman cry! ... with laughter that is :p
    Dana will age up nicely :)
    Dana has done ALL THE THINGS she needs to have had a successful toddlerhood. Time to move her out of the crib in Dane and Donovan's room (since the boys had taken over the Nursery)... and time to find a spot for another kid's bedroom! Thankfully, there's a small bedroom directly above the boys' room, up on the third floor. To be fair to Dana, I extended the play porch another floor, managing to keep it roofed and in the style of the sprawling, turretted, shingle-side Queen Anne. Firehouse slide-poles make it quick (and fun!) to get down to breakfast in the kitchen on school days.

5Fzp8iC.jpg

Thankfully, Dana got her birthday notification on a Saturday, and as soon as everyone was awake and had basic needs met, it was Birthday time! (Everyone was present, but I was trying for a clear shot of the birthday girl, so practically everyone is offscreen. But at least Teague is feeling involved enough in the family to participate.

wzstXFM.jpg

oQxxdMT.jpg

For her Child trait, I took a cue from her favorite color being Black to make her a little more sophisticated, and chose Avant-Garde. My sis was riding shotgun while I played the birthday, and helped me assemble a girly-but-modern outfit. I like it!

MGFIFmW.jpg

My sis also realized that the "witch hat" roof on the front turret enclosed enough floor space for an entire bathroom, which is a bear to get good screencaps of, so will have to wait for documentation another time. But Dana did get her own room, and being Daddies' Little Princess means that it gets to be in her prefered black and white color scheme. Pastels, it seems, are for boys. :D Good night, Dana!

pBsJxGl.jpg

But wait... was Donovan wearing an old tee-shirt and fat pants again? He was! Yes, just as I felt I was closing in on being done with xylophones, cribs and potty-seats, Dane had rolled a wish to Have A Child With Donovan. My sis had been the first to deduce that Donovan was expecting, again, when she saw him roll a wish to get a massage. He had zero morning sickness at all with this pregnancy, which caught up with him in the wee hours of Sunday morning after Dana aged up.

Not on the porch, this time, but as he and Dane were trying to unwind in their swanktastic spa conservatory. Dane looks like he can't decide whether to panic uselessly or to shake his groove thang to the stereo. Donovan looks like all the discomfort he's avoided this pregnancy is catching up at once.

7nz3r7F.jpg

That's better - he looks relieved to have gotten out of the corner. Maybe he just didn't fancy giving birth into an ornamental olive tree planter. Donovan always gives me great expressions.

fnfEhtl.jpg

And it's a Girl! And a Witch! I chose "Friendly" and "Clumsy" as her traits because my sis and I got into a discussion of "those traits you never use". Welcome to the family, Fauna Honeycutt!

STzDhCn.jpg

Favorites are Spooky music (altered to Dark Wave, because I dislike the Movie Time spooky tracks), Cheese Tofu Steak (I don't think I have ever cooked tofu anything in my Simming life!) and.... Black. Well, that will make hand-me-downs easy... not to mention sharing a room with Dana, later on.

Each dad got to cuddle, rock with, and feed a bottle to Fauna. Donovan won (or lost) Diaper Roulette and got to change her before I had to find out what hair color she inherited.

MuPh8ZB.jpg

Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle....

F1CYnzn.jpg

And....!

SR5TUUD.jpg

Score one for Team Brunette!

And that's a full house! Next time anyone is, or wishes to be, pregnant it will be time for Ean and Teague to age up to Young Adults and be moved out. And orobably time for NRaas Story Progression, so I can keep track of the brood as they all move on.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited April 2018
    The Family Members (so far) The Founders: Haruo and River Chikamori
    Screenshot-101.jpg Yasunobu (Haruo's father); Allan (Haruo and River's oldest son) and Alanna (Haruo and River's youngest daughter)
    Screenshot-117.jpg Brianna (Haruo and River's oldest daughter - third kid)
    Screenshot-124.jpg
    (from left to right)Masatoshi Chikamori(Haruo's Cousin), Caitlin McIrish-Chikamori (River's half-sister and wife of Masatoshi), Aidan Chikamori (Molly and Satoshi Chikamori's son and half-brother to Sandi French), Greta Johansson, (Braden's fiancee), Brianna Chikamori (Haruo and River's oldest daughter), Haruo and River(
    Screenshot-94.jpg Braden (River and Haruo's second son)
    Screenshot-100.jpg Fumiko Kawamura (Allan's fiancee) and Allan Chikamori (Haruo and River's oldest son)
    Screenshot-104.jpg
    Susan Chikamori (Yasunobu's wife, mother to Blair Wainright-Steele (Sunset Valley))
    Screenshot-196.jpg Jerad McIrish-Chikamori (Masatoshi and Caitlin's son), Elsa Johansson (Greta's mother), Simone McIrish-Chikamori (Masatoshi and Caitlin's daughter)
    Screenshot-418.jpg These two will be family members, but not yet...
    Screenshot-175.jpg

That's 18 Sims in total in the household (not counting the ones who've died)

Haruo's father and step-mother: Yasunobu (oldest of four brothers) and Susan
    Founders: Haruo and River Chikamori
    Founder's Children: Allan, Braden, Brianna and Alanna
    Allan's Fiancee: Fumiko Kawamura
    Braden's Fiancee: Greta Johansson
    Greta's Mother: Elsa Johansson
    Satoshi and Molly (French) Chikamori's son: Aidan Chikamori
    River's half-sister: Caitlin McIrish-Chikamori (wife of Masatoshi Chikamori)
    Haruo's cousin: Masatoshi Chikamori (son of Funioki Chikamori (deceased))
    Cait and Masa's Children: Simone McIrish-Chikamori, Jerad McIrish-Chikamori
    +the other two who aren't family yet...(they're boarders for now...).

Confused yet? (gee, and I haven't gotten to the family members that are dead...)

Screenshot-3.jpg
    In the graveyard; the quiet graveyard...
    https://youtu.be/hi4XmAbA7JU
    Oh, forget it...

Mayumi Chikamori (Haruo's biological mother - otherwise known as the Evil Witch).
    Funioki Chikamori (Masatoshi's father, Yasunobu's younger brother)
    Dougal McArthur (Caitlin McIrish-Chikamori's biological father)
    Molly (French) Chikamori (Satoshi's wife, Sandi French's mother and mother to Aidan Chikamori)
    Satoshi Chikamori (Yasunobu's younger brother, husband of Molly (French) Chikamori)
    Caeden McIrish (River's biological father)
    Fiona McIrish-Chikamori (River's mother, wife of Toshiyuki Chikamori)
    Toshiyuki Chikamori (younger brother of Yasunobu Chikamori, husband of Fiona McIrish-Chikamori)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    So, after a short leave while working on my resort, I'm finally back in game and have an update.

@Nabril, it worked!!!!! Michaela and Laz married at the Hanging Gardens Resort (building still in progress as I work out a LOT of routing issues.)

It isn't a very good shot. I forgot to turn off thought bubbles, and the random guests wouldn't sit down and kept getting in the way.
    wmddcRX.jpg?1

They then used the two ghost potions Michaela had been carrying around for this very purpose. Before trying for a baby, I had Laz go to the wishing well and wish for a baby, thinking it was just a way to increase the chances of success. Instead, a new kitten was delivered to his feet. So they now have Fuzzball, which I realize was the name of a cat in another game I've been playing, but I'll keep it anyway. So, while still in ghost form, they tried for a baby in the regular way, and TADA! One male, alien, ghost baby!!!!! Here is Laz rocking Zach.

BaHDVpc.jpg?1

I'll get a proper family portrait after I've aged Zach up to toddler. I'm looking for family portrait poses now.

It has only been a couple days, but I've already seen that it is much easier caring for a baby when the parents don't require sleep (aliens.) I haven't even resorted to installing the RoboNanny chip into either of the family Plumbots. I'm thinking Zach may get a sibling right away so that they are enjoying each others' company as they grow up. But, I do think I'll forego the ghost aspect this time.

Oh, and even though they are filthy rich, and Michaela is bringing in about §7,000 four times a week as a world renowned surgeon, Laz keeps plugging away as a self employed Bot Builder. Here he is working on a trait chip.

9DM1O7u.jpg?1

I had built a whole Bot Shop for him to sell his finished bots in, then I figured out that I could just put a Plumbot Stand in his workroom. It is much easier than schlepping all the way to the store with the latest bots in tow. And selling the shop freed up the money needed to buy the resort and play test it without any cheating.

He is also working toward his Lifetime Wish of Master of the Arts (Lvl 10 of both Painting and Guitar Skills.) His paintings are becoming more and more valuable and that is helping. He is already level 10 with his guitar skill.

They are still making the occasional trip to the future. Most recently to fetch another winning lottery number and check out the requirements to obtain a couple Legacy Statues. Laz had already achieved The Pioneer of Plumbotics Legacy Statue, but is now aiming for both The Renowned Philanthropist and The Time Keeper legacies.

I am also trying to "fix" the Plumbots by time traveling. They were created in the future, and, since coming to the present, never have wishes come up. I may just create a new bot and keep it around a bit to see if the problem is solved this way. If so, I may just swap out the chips and sell off the units I'm playing now. That does seem harsh. They do feel like part of the family. But, it is a whole aspect of the game that isn't working for those two characters.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Sindocat those two are just baby machines! I love the dark turn you've taken with Dana. It's cool that you were team playing with your sister. Occasionally when my nieces' kids are here I'll let them help me play and make decisions that I keep in the saved game. They are between 10 and 13, so I have to be a bit aware of what happens in game while they are helping. But, since I never play any of the "saucy" aspects of the game, such as wanting to woohoo with 20 Sims, that isn't difficult. *smile*

Hello, @Nikkei_Simmer. And, yes, that was quite overwhelming! But I'll try to keep up as you go forward and sort it out. I am the youngest of eight children and I have dozens of cousins on either side, so I'm used to providing people with family trees. Or, at the very least, a lot of patience! LOL I'm hoping you'll give me at least the patience part.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 - ordinarily, I wouldn't dream of gaming during family hang-out time, so I want to be clear that I was playing at my sister's express request. She likes The Sims but feels unadventurous with it, but enjoys sticking her oar in freely as I play. Her ideas are excellent, so I usually play along. She's happy that I have finally had some girls. She also has good architectural sense, and both found the space for and approved the design of this "hidden bath room", for the girls' third floor suite. It's simply a continuation of the turret room outline, inside the tall, conical roof.

9NCu2Y8.jpg

nFfH1IK.jpg

Since she has completed all Toddler skills (and I get tired of emptying potties and of Sims who can't feed themselves), we went ahead and aged her up. Fauna is going to be a bit trickier to handle with black as her favorite, as she also inherited the darker complexion as well as Dane's dark hair. She gets a softer, more romantic and old-timey style. I think she's going to write novels and paint, alongside being an Enchantress. She's already gorgeous:

DSPe27J.jpg

A little re-arrangement of the bedroom, which Dana got to have to herself for about five days, and the girls are sharing happily, dreaming in unison. It seems they are both happy with their home. :)

nT5olNS.jpg

@Nikkei_Simmer - I can barely keep up with eight Sims, let alone eighteen! :)

@Jude525 - I forgot to comment on your Hanging Gardens build earlier, but I had started a sort of ziggurat like building similar to that ages ago and it's STILL unfinished. The upper floors were very cramped, but the basement was so spacious I ran out of things to put in it, and still had space after the bowling alley, movie theater, indoor pool, and home gym and spa. Nice to see your Sims getting their Happily Ever After!

And yes, Dane and Donovan are baby machines! I think the game secretly triggers a wish for more offspring whenever I try to put the potty-chair away. :D

• NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    @Jude525 That's awesome! Congratulations!
    sig.jpg
    A few household transitions, but still full up at 8 (which is as many as I care to be responsible for, mods notwithstanding), so no new babies yet.

Sage aged up to Teen. Time to talk one dad or the other into teaching him how to drive!

hFvNuVa.jpg

tlN7XTk.jpg

Meanwhile, on the other side of town... The last time we saw Sage's buddy Tyson, he looked like this:

uSJkmyw.jpg

Well, Sage called him up to invite him for an after school visit...

l70X0VP.jpg

Those Howell boys are heartbreakers! Now that he has his own room and some privacy, Sage can look forward to the occasional ...sleep-over.

C6rlGSU.jpg

CYyB5OH.jpg

But no moving anyone else in, until someone moves out, and Ean is the oldest. Not that Teague isn't enjoying his stay, but he is thinking of their future. While Sage asks Ty to go steady, Teague prepares to ask a bigger question.

Sometimes an engagement proposal is under a misty streetlamp on an old stone bridge in Champs-les-Sims. Sometimes it's in your underwear in the sweaty attic loft above the garage where you've been shacking up with your sweetie.

sgGiFtq.jpg

kuPNwXp.jpg

I have a starter home all picked out for them. :) It isn't a huge old rambling Queen Anne, but it's considerably larger than the upstairs of the carriage house. They'll be fine.

• laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    tumblr_p7ml2f4vlh1wz7nkio1_1280.png

I just started playing The Sims 3 again so here's the sim I made last night, her name is Maxine De La Cruz. I’ll be sending her off to university to major in fine arts.
    Hi, @plasma_jane. I love her eyes and hair. And, wow, that's a lot of piercings for TS3! I have barely explored Uni yet, having played briefly with one Sim a while back. It's on "the list" of things to explore. *grin*
    aka Jude

My Studio

Some more changes in the family. Tam is now a YA and Duff and his husband, Brian, have moved out.
    41694207221_7433e8b1b7_o.jpg
    41694206511_9e4d6c10f6_o.jpg

Family tree as of last night.
    41694404411_e00715167f_o.png
    40976119504_52800f4d9e_o.png
  • ameliaandcynthiaameliaandcynthia Posts: 42 Member
    The Diner Family

Jerry Diner (named after a scam victim from Unsolved Mysteries - I really liked the name), his parents Madga and Lou Diner, and his young daughter Darla Diner (backstory: Jerry's wife passed away).

Jerry got married to a glamorous yet sweet and good woman named Jacqueline. Jacqueline got pregnant and gave birth to a girl called Maybelle.
    Welcome @ameliaandcynthia. I look forward to hearing the future progress of the Diner family.
    aka Jude

My Studio

"Knock, knock!"

"Who's there?"

"Amanda."

"Amanda, who?"

"A Mandalorian!"

BmAjZJG.jpg

Taking a break from the Sims, to celebrate Star Wars Day weekend in a Galaxy Far, Far Away. ;)