The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your sims 3 current household? (Re-opened)

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Sindocat That's such an adorable family you've made! After the poll you posted, I was wondering what Donovan had been up to (although seeing your avatar, I knew he was doing just fine). He does make a beautiful fairy. And Ean looks like he's going to be loads of the best kind of trouble, probably sooner rather than later.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    There have been a few birthdays since I last posted a family photo. Greg and Euan are now adults, Beitris is a YA and Niall is a teen :)
    27432413568_2af5d44419_o.jpg
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I was afraid of Sim kids for a loooong time. But I have had Generations for a while, and I do enjoy the stretch from toddler through teen. I am stopping at 2 planned kids for this generation... but wishes and risky business happen. :) The dads have a great dynamic, with each other and with Ean so far. I am counting on Ean and Sage being close friends, too... but we'll see! And none of this "heir and a spare" nonsense - my legacy is set to fork into two saves, one following the MacAuley and one the Honeycutt lineage. Which could be unsustainable, long term. I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. :D
    I could never do the forked saves because it would mean too much work. It already takes upwards of 3 hours for me to play a sim day so if I had to play two saves there would be no progress on either family! With Nraas SP my spares seem to do very well so I don't feel bad about sending them out into the world. I see them around town and watch their kids grow up without ever having to lift a finger to raise them ;)
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Sindocat , So wonderful to see what your newly fairied Donovan is up to! Dane is gorgeous, there are going to be some nice looking kids! Love how you referred to the baby stage as larval, they do look all cocooned up.
    Replies and a brief update, before I follow my kids and my dads and collapse into bed before my RL Rest bar is in the red.

@Charlottesmom - I picked the most flattering shots of Dane. When he laughs, he looks a little Jerry Seinfeld. :D But he's a good looking Sim, for sure. I think both boys got his nose, and Sage has his odd, hazel-y eyes. I didn't mind leaving Sage an infant for a bit - especially as Ean was so nearly caught up - because Fairy sparkle-babies are cute! And I got to fill some rolled wishes involving the nursery rocking chair. Dane looks like he's having second thoughts about another kid.

Jyhqad8.jpg

@puzzlezaddict - Ean is now walking, talking, potty-trained, and a master of both xylophone and pegboard, so he'll be looking for trouble to get into, for sure. There's a whole floor beyond the nursery door that he's only just started exploring. Hopefully, he goes for the blocks table, not the toilet, or the fireplace! And with Ean caught up on the essentials, that means I could advance Sage, too.

@Mikezumi - My big family (Great Granny, Grandpas, Dads, Twins, and Cat) plays very slowly, too... so I only just got the Twins to Teen, and kind of stalled there. So, yeah - branching legacies may not work, as such. This may be what finally sells me on NRaas Story Progression. This is also my first time trying to raise kids with only the two parents. I have always had at least one grandparent, sometimes more, and sometimes a butler to help. I am holding it all together so far with tactical use of elixirs and charms. Supernatural is kind of cheat-y that way. And not to all tastes... but it's my favorite EP by far.

So... Finally got Ean caught up, then got Sage awake, fed and changed and aged up to toddler. And - no cheating! - he's a ginger!

KqHJySZ.jpg

Where's Donovan? Well, I wanted to keep this update short. Really, he's right there helping off-screen. By the time I got everyone to bed, he was Best Friends with Sage, and Dane was Good Friends. But this is probably how he felt:

7Ewrazt.jpg

The other kind of child-induced rocking-chair wish! :dizzy:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2018
    I often restart my families in different worlds, and because I like the challenge of starting over with nothing again.
    This time, Jesse Goth ( son of Mortimer ) and Jayda Moss were stuffed into Bridgeport. I don't normally take wedding pictures, but I did take some of them in their bridal attire.

Jesse is wearing a base game tux, and I'd never really noticed before, but some of the textures, like around the pocket are very blurry. I suppose it is a testament to how EA improved their texturing as time went on.

tumblr_p6ulsmHkbd1uj2se4o5_1280.jpg

I've only skimmed the thread, forgive me, but its been an exhausting few weeks lately. I love looking at pictures of people's sims so much, they're all so lovely :)

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    My eldest spare, Beitris, got married prior to moving her out and setting her up in her own home.
    27436947978_c8a6ce61b2_o.jpg
    27436942948_1b1124a212_o.jpg
    Toddlers have more to do than babies... but honestly, not a whole lot. Once Ean and Sage had both learned to talk, to walk, and to use the potty, and both had mastered the pegboard and the xylophone, it was about time to age them up. Both were already Best Friends with both dads, but really couldn't progress much with each other until they became children.

I did have a chance to see Sage levitate a few times (as Fairy toddlers do) but I wasn't quick enough with my Pause button to get a screenshot. I did capture this cuteness from Ean. I had no idea Witch toddlers could do this:

ka0FGoQ.jpg

pCoLS11.jpg

vuby6Jz.jpg

To be fair, he looks pretty surprised, too! The toy reappears in a green flash, and he'd do this for a Sim hour or so before wandering off. :D

Donovan seemed intent to arm Sage with different kinds of charms. "Can you be Flirty and Irresistable? Make BIG eyes!"

1JSSk1z.jpg

Q4OGT3m.jpg

Some day, Sage. But not today. :D

Both boys seem to have gotten Dane's killer bone structure. If cheekbones show through baby fat, you know they'll be there for the Teen years. Here's Ean aged up to Child, looking very intense as he chases down bandits in his underoos.

gciIxa5.jpg

Sage has his own brand of sassitude. Oh, yes - he'll be a danger, some day.

d7Q2wjj.jpg

The boys got right to work on establishing a firm sibling bond with each other.

Ej691KA.jpg

And the first family meal all at the dining table - no more high chairs!

LLAU7L5.jpg

But the kids have to sleep some time... and there may be more that two, eventually... if Donovan keeps up like this!

GkdL5G2.jpg

:D

When I need a story break I turn to Josh...played him today.

27479450418_a2c809e8a7_c.jpg

41350684841_8908c497af_c.jpg

:smiley:
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Sindocat Those really are some wonderful pics. I just LOVE that family. I never knew that toddler fairies had butterfly wings. And you're right about Sage—in a couple of sim-weeks, the townies won't stand a chance. (Especially since he has such a great mentor and role model. Okay kid, watch closely, this is how you turn a boy into putty in the palm of your hand. Dane, could you come here for a minute?) Of course, if Ean develops a dark-eyed, soulful witch-with-a-heart-of-gold vibe, he'll undoubtedly give his brother a run for his money.

If Donovan and Dane end up having another kid, I'd be curious to see their boys play with the toddler. Human kids only have a few interactions I can think of, like peek-a-boo and sharing the dollhouse, but maybe supernaturals get something extra. How adorable would it be if they could play at magic together? Please tell Donovan to get right on that. Although from the looks of it, he doesn't need any encouragement.
    Beitris and her husband have moved into their own home and Tam, Euan and Greg's youngest son, is now a teen :)
    26443422997_7bea83547e_o.jpg
    When I need a story break I turn to Josh...played him today.

27479450418_a2c809e8a7_c.jpg

:smiley:

He looks like someone I used to date! :D
    @Sindocat Those really are some wonderful pics. I just LOVE that family. I never knew that toddler fairies had butterfly wings... (snip)... Of course, if Ean develops a dark-eyed, soulful witch-with-a-heart-of-gold vibe, he'll undoubtedly give his brother a run for his money.

If Donovan and Dane end up having another kid, I'd be curious to see their boys play with the toddler....

Ean could certainly break some hearts, too, if he takes it into his head, I am sure. The wings I gave toddler Sage are apparently bumblebee wings, which I prefer on toddler Fairies for the cuteness. :)

And... since Dane has gone ahead and broken the news to Donovan, Sage and Ean (seen here), I suppose it's fair to announce that Donovan has done it again, and he is expecting!

gSC4bup.jpg

I am making no particular effort to influence gender - just keeping him happy and in good shape. Good thing this house has more bedrooms upstairs on the third floor. More when the new arrival arrives!
    @Sindocat , Was his name Josh? :lol: You have good taste in Ex's I find Josh very appealing. ;) (though I don't know anyone who makes Sims they find repulsive).
    edited April 2018
    @Charlottesmom No, his name was Terry. I don't think I have dated a Josh. :)

And Dane had a fairly easy time of it, only was nauseous once, and even managed to finish dinner before the blessed event. There are things for which even a Scout is unprepared! :D

OkOozwe.jpg

The hospital is just down the street, but I wanted a home birth for convenience sake. Dane started off on his own, but I cancelled with him just out the kitchen door. The boys were ready to sleep, so I sent them to bed. Donovan put on his most comforting Aura and came outside to help. Sorry, Donovan - thinking "That's hot!" is not helping.

AebscCC.jpg

And... It's a boy! And a Witch! Chosen traits were Genius and Good. Welcome to the world, Dylan* MacAulay!

Z0fYReY.jpg

Dane did a little cuddling, but was already very tired, so after a snuggle and a bottle and a rock in the rocking chair, he handed Dylan off to Donovan and went to bed. Donovan actually took care of the second feeding, additional snuggles, and the first diaper change.

snLzkDn.jpg

But babies, limited interactions, not a great deal of fun. Besides - I wanted to see who he looks like!

EXnzgkh.jpg

And it's gingers 3, brunettes 2... or Witches 3, Fairies 2, depending on how you're keeping score. I think that's actually Donovan's (slightly more pudding) nose, but we'll see. Also, his favorite color is pink, which is awkward but not impossible for a redhead, if one is careful with it.

Can you say "bed time"? Dylan? Nighty-night!

SY3DTqM.jpg

Edit: *change of name. I always hang fire on the naming screen (my first set of twins took a year or two for me to find the "right" names for them) and apparently Mikezumi's legacy is more influential on my Simming than I thought. Ean is also a bit close (unconsciously) to Euan but can stand. I try to avoid actual duplicates. Duff was Scots, Dylan is Welsh, but I don't think Dane's being that picky. :D
    Post edited by Sindocat on
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi, just dropping in. I've been following everyone's activities. I've been busy building the past few days, so nothing is happening with Michaela and Laz. But, I am almost done with the Hanging Gardens of Babylon Resort. Once it is done, they will be going there to (finally) get married and I can move forward with the family.

@Sindocat I've never played baby/child supernaturals (yet.) So it was interesting to learn about fairy sparkles and see the disappearing toy act. Like many people, I've been playing the game from the beginning, and had at least half the packs since release, but there is so much I have yet to see.

Oh, and if I ever met Dane and Donovan in OL, there would be trouble. Between Dane's dark hair and penchant for red plaid and Donovan's ginger hair.... Oh, but wait, that was decades ago. Dane was actually Stefan and Donovan was a blond named Henry. It didn't end well then either.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    @Sindocat if you have the playpen and walker you can do more with your toddlers. Also, putting two of them into the playpen together and getting them to play with each other raises their friendship. They can learn charisma and logic from the playpen too and handiness from the walker.
    @Sindocat Congrats on the birth of Dylan! He's a cutie :) I was not concerned by your use of the name Duff. I mean, there's only so many names to go around and I can't even imagine how many sims have been made/born since the game came out ;)
    Although Niall has aged up in my save, I haven't updated yet so here's my last family photo. Duff is a YA and his boyfriend (now husband), Brian, has joined the household.
    40482136105_888ffb5530_o.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited April 2018
    Wrong thread - I'm still making up my mind which is my current household.
  • NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    https://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/discussion/924355/meet-the-family/p1?new=1

Here's my Meet the Family post- Currently, I only have Audrey and Ariella living at home. All their pets have been given homes or released back into the wild and all other Sims have moved out. Audrey is a witch and is halfway through her journey of mastering magic. Ariella is just a normal Sim- no supernatural powers, though for a time, she was Queen of the fae. They currently live in Moonlit Falls in a giant castle I built for them (I built it and my wife decorated it).

Former house mates are the genie that Ariella set free, the genie's elven husband, and their son. Former pets who have moved on include Dusk (the cat that Ariella wished back to life), Belle (an elder dog that soon passed away and was then brought back by an Ambrosia dish), Anasthasia (A unicorn that Ariella befriended), and Midnight (Daughter of Anasthasia).
    I have saved all 4 of my pets so that I can bring them back later. Right now, I'm enjoying having just two Sims.

Here is a link to my Halloween thread that highlights the two unicorns:
    https://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/discussion/927051/happy-halloween/p1?new=1
    sig.jpg
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Nabril All that talk about ghosts.... I NEED to play a ghost; and soon! In 17 years I've never had a ghost in my active household. I tried last month after my primary Sim died, but the science lab never made the offer. I do have that game saved though, for future options.

I also have never encountered a unicorn. But, I've never had a horse either, and I consider them to be in the same category. I will be playing one of my legacy children soon who is an animal lover and lives on a farm. She will be all about the animal play that I've never gotten to. I'll probably include unicorns into that storyline.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    @Jude525 I once had two sims drink ghost potions before trying for a baby. They had twin girls who grew up as ghosts! As soon as they could walk, they were walking through walls :)

It was pretty cool!
    sig.jpg