Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your sims 3 current household? (Re-opened)

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    listles wrote: »
    Karritz wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    My current household is generation 20 in my legacy.

2678686_orig.png

(I was celebrating the milestone there ^^)

Heir 20 - Saul, born a vampire but turned into a witch when he was a child, helped by his greatgranddad (witch and alchemist) - accidently found a portal to the future, met a married woman he fancied and being the skilled alchemist he was himself he came up with an unconventional solution for his problem.

Saul_291_zps4cc19750.png

He cloned her.
    Didn't work out quite the way he'd planned - the clone was emotionless and robotic - and he and the future woman managed to have a daughter together, Cameron. Saul also has a plantsim daughter he accidently created after finding a mysterious seed.

Saul_452_zpsd18d6923.png

Too bad mum can't reach them anymore because Emit Relevart removed the portal, the rascal. Cameron doesn't know this and is mad at her mum she doesn't take the effort to visit her in the flesh.

Saul_640_zpsf4248aa0.png

Plantsim Bryony has met a friendly plantsim at university now, who's helping her to learn more about her own kind.

Saul_703_zpsz4xribn8.png

Saul_742_zpsau0nfji0.png

Saul_778_zpsw3te0kd6.png

And Saul is maintaining his complicated relationship with the love of his life, seperated from each other by about 3000 years.

Saul_723_zpsbtby1ldt.png

They live in Dragon Valley by the way.

Saul_592_zps5df1ea40.png

That's my main household, but I'm currently also playing a homeless vagabond: Lance Lott.
    He lives in Bridgeport, sleeps on the street, and at people's houses, gets his food in various ways, steals, has four kids with four women (Lance's lot) and two on the way so far and he has a dream: being a rich man one day with a mansion overlooking Bridgeport (Lance's lot).

Zwerver_045_zps0xl19szk.png

Zwerver_066_zpsmwjwkybd.png

Zwerver_137_zpsmtk3piyo.png

Zwerver_142_zpsglgdljmy.png

Zwerver_230_zps4zzmqdwi.png

Zwerver_257_zpswpxos7df.png

Zwerver_269_zpshumq0rln.png

I would love to get to generation 20:) that sounds awesome! Sound like a quite interesting family, I hope my family will someday get as fun as that ;)
    Thanks :) I've been playing them for five years now so I took my time (and 211 chapters so far) getting to twenty ;) I never planned it but for me it has turned out to be the ideal format for this game.

FIVE YEARS!! My longest game lasted for like 1 month :o I would of played it longer but I got a bug where I couldn't move my sims which was sad :cry: and then I move my house and household and it worked fine :smiley: but I lost the whole family tree which was like 6 generations which might not seem a lot but it was a lot to me :blush:
    I restart the game after a couple of generations, it's not one save ;) In fact I restart games sooner now than I used to because there are so many great worlds. I learned a long time ago to not mind about certain things in this game, like a complete family tree (because you can only put 8 sims in one household to move to another world together).

I also 'save as', in order to be able to go to a previous save when things go wrong. And they have gone wrong quite a few times those past years...

I have a few NRAAS mods and yesterday I packed 310 Sims and moved them to a new save based on a fresh version of my world.

310 sims!!! That is a crazy amount of sims wow :o is there even 50 sims in a town?

I was somewhat surprised myself. It included pets. It might have included a few ghosts too. But I needed the ghosts to keep family trees intact.

This is my town's current demographic
    Population001.jpg

It doesn't show pets or ghosts.
  • listleslistles Posts: 1,167 Member
    @Karritz that is amazing :o I didn't even think there was 50 people in a town :) I am going to need to start downloading mods ;)
    xyIcMqt.png
    @Karritz that is amazing :o I didn't even think there was 50 people in a town :) I am going to need to start downloading mods ;)

I only started experimenting with mods this year. Apart from NRAAS Error Trap and Overwatch that I used to put in and take out again randomly. I mostly have NRAAS mods and am gradually adding new ones as I find out about them.
    @Karritz I have never in my life used a mod but I am always thinking about getting nraas :)
    xyIcMqt.png
    @Karritz I have never in my life used a mod but I am always thinking about getting nraas :)

I avoided mods and cc until the last few months and I've been playing Sims 3 since June 2009. I've kept a back up copy of my clean SIms 3 folder just in case I make a mistake. I also have Custard and S3PE to check things. But they are not a guarantee of safety. You still need a backup to revert to or you might need to reinstall all of your content.

I also back up my games from time to time so I don't lose them either. I use Save As often.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Screenshot_zpszheksiuk.jpg
    Dante decided he wanted a better car to get around in during the day, and picked up a BMW for Juliana as well he noticed she hadn't been feeling well so he didn't wake her when he got home from the dealers.
    Screenshot-6_zpsjfpxfjnf.jpg
    Later that day just before the sun was going down Juliana woke up feeling off, she still hadn't talked to Dante about her problems he surprised her with the car and then went upstairs to sleep because she had a sing-a-gram to deliver.
    Screenshot-7_zpsjqtbe2ar.jpg
    Before going to work she had to run to the hospital and get help.
    Screenshot-8_zpsj0guuug0.jpg
    It's almost like the horse was waiting for her to finish up.
    Screenshot-11_zpslgyafoyz.jpg
    She found out how far along she was while there so she rushed home to tell Dante about it.
    Screenshot-12_zpsq32fjoqb.jpg
    Unlike Silas, Bonehilda decided to give the happy couple a minute alone.Screenshot-13_zpsc23pu6ia.jpg
    When she told her mother, Helen laughed in her face and said it was too bad she was trapped, and coldly told her that whatever she had with Dante wouldn't last.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2015
    I have a few NRAAS mods and yesterday I packed 310 Sims and moved them to a new save based on a fresh version of my world.
    I hate losing my family tree :) because when I go to show it and I have said I have played for say, 8 generations, and then I will be like to my friends "hi, I have done 8 whole generations on the sims!" And then I will show them and it will be like 2 generations because I moved worlds :wink:
    I like to go through the family tree sometimes when I've played a few generations in one save, but it's not important enough to sacrifize my family for. I made and update a family tree for them myself btw, maybe that helps ^^ The family tree is a detail for me. An important one, I hate it when it breaks due to a bug, but a detail nevertheless. It's more important to me that I could stick with this one family for so many years and I'm far from done with them. Already have plans for Cameron when I've finished the game with the vagabond.

There are also adventages connected to a reduced family tree btw; twice I made cousins fall in love with each other. That's not possible in the game. It is legal though in most countries and I loved to mix the looks of both sims and add the complexity of such a relationship to the story (it's legal but not well received in many societies).

I'm slowly moving towards using mods, but I only want to get mods I'm really interested in (Story Progression is the next on my list).
    5JZ57S6.png

I avoided mods and cc until the last few months and I've been playing Sims 3 since June 2009. I've kept a back up copy of my clean SIms 3 folder just in case I make a mistake. I also have Custard and S3PE to check things. But they are not a guarantee of safety. You still need a backup to revert to or you might need to reinstall all of your content.

I also back up my games from time to time so I don't lose them either. I use Save As often.

That's a good idea and I should definitely get mods :)
    xyIcMqt.png
    Screenshot_zpszheksiuk.jpg
    Dante decided he wanted a better car to get around in during the day, and picked up a BMW for Juliana as well he noticed she hadn't been feeling well so he didn't wake her when he got home from the dealers.
    Screenshot-6_zpsjfpxfjnf.jpg
    Later that day just before the sun was going down Juliana woke up feeling off, she still hadn't talked to Dante about her problems he surprised her with the car and then went upstairs to sleep because she had a sing-a-gram to deliver.
    Screenshot-7_zpsjqtbe2ar.jpg
    Before going to work she had to run to the hospital and get help.
    Screenshot-8_zpsj0guuug0.jpg
    It's almost like the horse was waiting for her to finish up.
    Screenshot-11_zpslgyafoyz.jpg
    She found out how far along she was while there so she rushed home to tell Dante about it.
    Screenshot-12_zpsq32fjoqb.jpg
    Unlike Silas, Bonehilda decided to give the happy couple a minute alone.Screenshot-13_zpsc23pu6ia.jpg
    When she told her mother, Helen laughed in her face and said it was too bad she was trapped, and coldly told her that whatever she had with Dante wouldn't last.
    I hope she was alright :wink: that sounds like a fun household :smiley:
    xyIcMqt.png
    I hate losing my family tree :) because when I go to show it and I have said I have played for say, 8 generations, and then I will be like to my friends "hi, I have done 8 whole generations on the sims!" And then I will show them and it will be like 2 generations because I moved worlds :wink:
    I like to go through the family tree sometimes when I've played a few generations in one save, but it's not important enough to sacrifize my family for. I made and update a family tree for them myself btw, maybe that helps ^^ The family tree is a detail for me. An important one, I hate it when it breaks due to a bug, but a detail nevertheless. It's more important to me that I could stick with this one family for so many years and I'm far from done with them. Already have plans for Cameron when I've finished the game with the vagabond.

There are also adventages connected to a reduced family tree btw; twice I made cousins fall in love with each other. That's not possible in the game. It is legal though in most countries and I loved to mix the looks of both sims and add the complexity of such a relationship to the story (it's legal but not well received in many societies).

I'm slowly moving towards using mods, but I only want to get mods I'm really interested in (Story Progression is the next on my list).

I would still hate to lose my family tree :) it is annoying and I wish if you moved to a different town your family would stay the same :wink: I am going to get story progression next too :smiley:
    xyIcMqt.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I would still hate to lose my family tree :) it is annoying and I wish if you moved to a different town your family would stay the same :wink: I am going to get story progression next too :smiley:
    Yes, we all value different things in the game. There is a mod for what you'd like there by the way (playing in multiple worlds and maintaining all relationships). @igazor knows all about it (look, I called him for you ;)).
    5JZ57S6.png

Yes, we all value different things in the game. There is a mod for what you'd like there by the way (playing in multiple worlds and maintaining all relationships). @igazor knows all about it (look, I called him for you ;)).

Thank you ;)
    xyIcMqt.png
    I am really enjoying seeing everybody's current households :) can we keep this thread going for a really long time? Please tell me us about your current households even if you can't post pictures. <3
    xyIcMqt.png
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    ... @igazor knows all about it (look, I called him for you ;)).

Actually I've been wondering how you and others have been including a player's name with the "@" sign in front.
    Just put @ then the users username @cwaddell ;)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • kittensquadkittensquad Posts: 110 Member
    Do I need to be a member to post pics? ;(
    @kittensquad yes you do, just keep posting so you can get enough likes and lol's to be upgraded to member.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Painterly27Painterly27 Posts: 177 Member
    So I've got Amber Stale and her daughter Julia, and Amber's grandson London. They have three (soon to be four!) lovely horses, which both Amber and Julia train and breed. Amber's horse is named Storm - he is the brother of Dragon, Julia's horse. Julia also has a mare named KK who is in foal to Dragon. Amber and Julia also garden together - Amber is a lvl 10 gardner who makes an average of 30,000 simoleons per crop of Red Berry coffee beans (I nearly fainted when I saw how much ONE bean goes for - $200!), and her lifetime wish is to grow eight perfect species of plant. Amber's on a roll! Skip Broke is Julia's live-in boyfriend ... but he's cheated on her more than once with a few sims and she hasn't found out yet.

I've moved them to Aurora Skies, and currently I am building a nice new lot for the family to expand. :)

Amber riding Storm, he's a good boy!
    Screenshot-61_zpsxalxonvy.jpg

Julia riding Dragon, and KK's head in the background and Amber with her grandson London.
    Screenshot-62_zps1fnqvtcl.jpg
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    Gwen, MacKenzie and Holden Jr. are all about to age up. When I go back in game later tonight, I will post some pictures of them. Holden actually aged up into an adult already. Gwen will be an adult, MacKenzie a teenager and Jr. a child.
    Screenshot-14_zpsnridlnzd.jpg
    Dante is just passing time while waiting for his bachelor party later, Juliana was asleep and his future mother-in-law was eating herself silly.
    Screenshot-15_zps4k1k6wdp.jpg
    Juliana got one piece of that pie.
    Screenshot-16_zpsbzy0wbzm.jpg
    The party started at 2 pm and Dante went straight to the bar, that fairy bartender just looks cool to me.
    Screenshot-18_zpsamtipu7p.jpg
    Argus is Dante's best friend, after a nice speech to get the party going he promptly sprayed the groom with fizzy nectar, Dante didn't mind, his outfit is just a rental and not his problem. Argus brought Violet because she had been whining too much, she complained that she never got to see Dante after he chose Juliana.
    Screenshot-17_zpsvbhy3vmc.jpg
    Violet was the one who hired the dancer, (ironically this is the first time I've had a bachelor party in which none of the guests were interested in the dancer lol)
    Screenshot-19_zps7qangykt.jpg
    The party went until almost three in the morning, Dante immediately felt guilty when he came home and saw that Juliana had been waiting for him. She wasn't mad at him or anything, she had just been anxious, she couldn't sleep peacefully without him. He also didn't pay his tab from the party hehe.
    Screenshot-20_zpskpoidmq6.jpg
    Later that day Dante had to have plasma orange juice, he didn't want to harm Juliana or their child by trying to feed from her(of course you can't feed from a pregnant sim but just for the story.). He was used to the juice but after feeding from Juliana it just tasted bland.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2015
    I done been paged. :)

The mod you guys are talking about is NRaas Traveler.

When you move worlds the EA way, everyone left behind (living or dead) is forgotten about as if they never existed and the world they came from is no longer accessible to the sims who have moved. It's almost like starting the game over.

When you move worlds the Traveler way, the world they have left behind is still in play, relationships, history, and family tree are maintained, you can travel back and forth for vacations to visit everyone, or move more sims from the original world into the new one. I'm carrying 15 worlds in my ongoing legacy-style save. There wouldn't be room for all of the descendants of my original sims in only one world -- well, there might be in a large world but then everyone there would be related to one another.

Here's how it works:
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ (it's all interesting, but note the Switching Homeworlds section near the end)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    unfortunately you do; you can still tell us about your household without pics

xyIcMqt.png

Also if you earn badges that gives you points :)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Loving your story RedDestiny92, Dante is my absolute favourite! Can virtually guarantee that baby will be gorgeous and he'll be a good dad.

Currently playing 2nd generation Morganthe family, with some 3rd gen toddlers around in Hidden Springs. If I ever upload photos will get some posted.