Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging up while pregnant?

Are you able to age up your sim while they are pregnant? My sim was ready to age up, I made her a cake, put some candles on it and got ready to see her age. Then the option to age up is grayed out. She is currently pregnant.
suRdkSd.jpg

Comments

• Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    For some reason, it has been disabled in this game as well.
    in S3 they extended the age of pregnat people about to reach a certain age.
    So, the answer would probably be no, you cant age up while pregnant.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    ZxujZxuj Posts: 233 Member
    No cause as long as there pregnant aging stops.
    For Custom Content Free sims and lots look for me: Zxuj in the gallery
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Zxuj wrote: »
    No cause as long as there pregnant aging stops.

I don't want to grow up!!
    *gets pregnant on loop*
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Raynic781Raynic781 Posts: 205 Member
    I'm pretty sure your sim won't age up if they're pregnant. That's how it was in the other games too. Once the baby is born they will begin aging again.
  • Options
    hannahmarshall111hannahmarshall111 Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2015
    You can't age up whilst pregnant, your sims age stays the same. Probably because elders can't get pregnant and if you age up to an elder then all hell will break loose...
    Post edited by hannahmarshall111 on
  • Options
    SeptJanOctSeptJanOct Posts: 69 Member
    No, they won't age up if they're pregnant, it looks like my twins in game have different birthdays because of this. I kind of wish there was a mod to let them continue to age.
  • Options
    charlottecupcakecharlottecupcake Posts: 80 Member
    > @bootskittykat96 said:
    > No, they won't age up if they're pregnant, it looks like my twins in game have different birthdays because of this. I kind of wish there was a mod to let them continue to age.

You can just age the other one up 3 days early!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I belive this is a bug :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    It's very annoying! I had noticed her husband was like 12 days older when they started. I gave him an aging potion to get them the same, but now she's pregnant again :s
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I belive this is a bug :p

It's not a bug. Like others have stated it happened in previous games as well.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Same thing happened to me today! My sim's husband baked her a cake for surprise and then she didn't want to blow the candles. She's a bit older than her husband and obviously wants to give him a chance to catch up ;)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Fun fact: Pregnant sims can't die either.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    @Simasaurus09 You know, I could've sworn your pregnant Sims could die in the previous iterations of the game. But maybe I'm mistaken? :p
  • Options
    SeptJanOctSeptJanOct Posts: 69 Member
    No> @charlottecupcake said:
    > You can just age the other one up 3 days early!
    That's what I do. :)
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't think pregnant women can fight either.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    ZSims601 wrote: »
    @Simasaurus09 You know, I could've sworn your pregnant Sims could die in the previous iterations of the game. But maybe I'm mistaken? :p

My pregnant sim died on vacation in TS2. Pregnant sims were quite a challenge in that game.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    ZSims601 wrote: »

My pregnant sim died on vacation in TS2. Pregnant sims were quite a challenge in that game.
    My legacy founder's spouse (that I had very carefully selected) died of hunger while pregnant. Well, that didn't go as planned, but she's the only one I've lost that way.

I'd still prefer that the pregnant sims can die.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    It bugs me that Sims who are pregnant don't age like they're suppose to because I'm very picky about my Sims aging up at the same time as their spouse or twin or whatever. But I avoid this by keeping track of who is suppose to age when and if a Sim gets pregnant I try to make sure someone in the house is the same age and just grow them up at the same time.

I could understand stopping them from aging if their 3 or less days from being elders but I don't understand stopping aging if the Sim is a Young Adult or not far into the Adult stage.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    Eddie SimsEddie Sims Posts: 121 Member
    @KayxxFanpire it looks like they fixed this bug during the last patch update because now my female sims age during pregnancy which to me is a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing because now sims who are supposed to be the same age can still be the same age even if one of them gets pregnant. Bad thing because I'm currently working on a baby challenge and this whole not aging thing was very helpful - my sim is currently on her 11th pregnancy and only 8 days away from becoming an adult! I really liked the whole non-aging thing but I guess it makes the game flow better. At least younger siblings won't die of old age before their elder siblings just because the elder ones had babies and they didn't.
    The Sloane Legacy |Eddie's Sims World | Origin ID: EddieSims4 | Twitter: _EddieSims | Follow me on YouTube

gen1-7-resized-2.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

They die in Sims 2 - most usually of starvation when it happens. In fact a few of the ghosts in Sims 2 are even preggers but bringing them back does not allow for the pregnancy to continue. One of the sims family stories - in Veronaville features a preggers ghost - one of the Monty's.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member

In Sims 2, I had several sims who died while pregnant.
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member

In Sims 2, I had several sims who died while pregnant.

If I remember correctly, I think the sims in TS2 can't get pregnant when they are very close to turning into an elder.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member

Oh, man. Why did they have to take that out? That was part of the fun/challenge in Sims2. Trying to keep a pregnant Sim alive, at least long enough to give birth. They just keep dumbing this game down and then they wonder why we make LOUD noises about it. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Oh, man. Why did they have to take that out? That was part of the fun/challenge in Sims2. Trying to keep a pregnant Sim alive, at least long enough to give birth. They just keep dumbing this game down and then they wonder why we make LOUD noises about it. Face/palm.

I know - it is fun. Right now in my sims game I have a mom with a toddler trying to teach all their skills - who just got preggers - she has the life time wish of the family Aspiration to raise 5 kids to teens - and so you have to sort of over lap having a baby and then getting pregnant again as soon as possible in order to fulfill that lifetime wish and have 5 kids before the sims is 6 days before elder - seeing there is only adult age for pregnancy and no additional extended years of play like Sims 3 or Sims 4 has - so it is challenging and fun at the same time - plus my sim also has to train her toddler all it's skills or she gets depressed because she is a family sim. I am having a ball in Sims 2 because it is a challenge but with out challenge cards and quests that rule. We really do rule. Plus at least 3 times a day my poor tired sim, looks at me and acknowledges my presence with pleading in her eyes - like saying give me a break will ya!!! I forgot how much I have missed all that - and the struggle from having been so caught up in the Sims 3 the last 6 years, and then trying to like Sims 4 - (truly a Mission impossible) - so I went back to sims 2 and it makes me remember just why Sims 2 runs circles around the rest in many ways. Sims 3 has it's merits to be sure - but family play and being a Sims God - nothing rules like Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    As many other people have said, your Sims can not age up while pregnant...probably because this would cause the coding to explode. ;A;