Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken Ads?

Is anyone else getting broken ads? I get the small ad-box, hit the 'play' arrow and then it resets back to the play-arrow with a 3 second duration. If I hit the arrow again I just get a "Replay" option. No matter what I do or how long I wait, I never get points for these broken ads. *VERY* rarely, I will get an ad with an actor looking at the ocean, so I know that they can work. The larger ads always work for me.

Comments

• CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    I get these too, but I don't complain. Keep hitting play, and EA will give you the points anyway after a few pushes. It's nothing worth fixing.
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    This generally works for the small 'play button' ads:

tumblr_nhey90bCPy1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhey90bCPy1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhey90bCPy1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhey90bCPy1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

Good luck! :)
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    That system used to work for me @ajaxpost, but doesn't work now. I don't know what, if anything, has changed, but the "play again" button just sits there. I have waited as long as fifteen minutes and not gotten any points - and I don't mean that I don't get the notification, either, but my total point balance doesn't change. It is very frustrating, especially since I always seem to get the small ads first. I may have to click through as many as twenty before getting ads that actually work.
  • snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    I have always done a fast double click on the arrow. It works most the time for me.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    That system used to work for me @ajaxpost, but doesn't work now. I don't know what, if anything, has changed, but the "play again" button just sits there. I have waited as long as fifteen minutes and not gotten any points - and I don't mean that I don't get the notification, either, but my total point balance doesn't change. It is very frustrating, especially since I always seem to get the small ads first. I may have to click through as many as twenty before getting ads that actually work.
    That does sound very frustrating :(

Sadly the sponsored ads system is often pretty unreliable and can be dependant on your own PC and network setup. I don't see many broken ads these days (I don't see any at home and a very variable number at work) but, like @snowdove58, when they are of this type and if they break then the double-click method works for me and 99% of the time I get 'payment' immediately.

I know the Store sometimes seems to have problems updating other details, such as the purchase history, and usually logging off and restarting the browser, or using a different browser, fixes it. Maybe that would help you?
  • Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    I ran into many Ikea ads that don't work. A message pops up on the video player alerting me that the stream couldn't be found. That's about 40 or so sim points wasted because of broken ads. The much larger ones work better and the smaller ones mostly work but every so often, I'll get one that is stuck.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    I have had a few, clicking whatever comes up usually works - even the play again button
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    this annoying broken ad works 50-50 part of the time unfortunately for me..
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • GyreboxGyrebox Posts: 29 New Member
    I keep getting the rewatch video response and no points and more recently the you need a plugin box. Now I get an error from the spark ads which were the best working ads. Anyone else having similar issues?
  • Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    Today, I am getting ad buttons that won't even bring up the ads. I click them but there is no response. Also, the button will appear and disappear the moment I attempt to click on them. Sometimes a refresh will bring back the button but it doesn't always work. I have the site whitelisted and I am using the latest Chrome update as well as Windows 10. Not sure why this is happening but it's kinda annoying.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• smallville2020smallville2020 Posts: 76 Member
    do anyone else have ads problems? I cant watch the ads
  • SiskaNewbieSiskaNewbie Posts: 88 Member
    3 weeks ago 99% of ads would work for me. I managed to gets LOTSA points and purchased quite a few things. Now only about 25% of them work. Other times it says I am missing a plug in (doesn't say which) or opens up some kind of mini browser with some article links and "wait for your content to load" written at the top but it never happens and I get no points.

These kind of things seem to happen now and then. All I can do is wait out these gimped ads and hope for some working ones next month.