Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please let us paint the ceiling

Comments

• arbiebacaniarbiebacani Posts: 81 Member
    I just watched a house building video by the Sim Supply. In this video, he was building a treehouse made out of a lot of dark woods. The white ceiling ruins the whole treehouse architecture.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Yes, I agree, and I also want the ability to paint foundations too, like in TS2 and TS3.
    Every house should have their own unique ceiling rather than that old white ceiling.
  • emberelfemberelf Posts: 63 Member
    I would also like to see the ceilings painted. For a simple fix, you could use those gnomes with the "color swatching" spray cans: just point them towards the ceilings and voila! Instant coverage!=)
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    just another thing we had in ts2 that we don't in 4
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

The old white ceiling should be covered with floor coverings just like walls and floors because they all start off with flat designs.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah I would like some Ceiling Panels, and other designs.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I want this a lot. The ceilings completely ruin the effect of whatever you build.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    As with now, the old white ceiling ruins any house, making you unsatisfied with the ceiling. The white ceiling should be the center of concern in build mode.
    Did you see the "Get Together" expansion pack trailer? There are medieval themed buildings in the trailer. But what about that old white ceiling that is bothering us because we cannot alter it? White ceilings are a no-match to medieval themed buildings.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Did you see the "Get Together" expansion pack trailer? There are medieval themed buildings in the trailer. But what about that old white ceiling that is bothering us because we cannot alter it? White ceilings are a no-match to medieval themed buildings.

Quite. Beams, we need beams.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    I know this is kinda old but Yes! Please let us use floor tiles on the ceilings like we could in TS3! Right now I'm working on an old Japanese town where a lot of the buildings have counters that are open to the outside, the blinding white ceilings are so out of place when I'm taking snaps of my progress :'( & not only are they blinding white, they have NO texture :/ at least make them look like something instead of a non-rendered mess.
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
    Help petition the Sim Gurus about old white ceilings.
    We should change ceilings how we want.
    I like the next the expansion pack that's coming because of the medieval European architecture, but I'm still annoyed that we can't change ceilings in Sims 4.
    Let's see if someone can create a script mod that will allow us to apply flooring on the ceiling. Treat the ceiling as a floor so we can put flooring.
    I've been watching room builds by the Curtis Paradis Show that have dark wood themes. The white ceiling will just ruin everything in the room because it is the outlier that we cannot change. I'm always complaining that we cannot change the ceiling.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I only discovered we could paint ceilings in TS3 at the end of the series and was by mistake lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    There was an old library built by Curtis Paradis. That unchangeable white ceiling that lingers in the room ruins everything. This would have been a nice old library, but I have to mark him down because of the lingering white ceiling that we can't change for a year.
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    anetherron wrote: »
    I would be for this, provided it didn't leave white squares/triangles outside the house (you know, those ones you could only see at a particular angle and which had to be deleted one by one).
    That wouldn't be a problem in TS4 as that was a result of using the ConstrainFloorElevation cheat and since terrain can't be edited anyway in TS4.

a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
    Take a look at this new custom content at Mod the Sims. It is Artui's Moveable Floor/Ceiling Patch.
  • anlam1991anlam1991 Posts: 1 New Member
    After a year we still can't paint our ceiling
    Plus the mod doesn't work anymore:(
  • JesusioJesusio Posts: 1 New Member
    like, 4 years and we don't have this option yet
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes please!
    a256aFi.gif
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes!!!!

I honestly didn't mind at first, but now that first person view is a thing, I absolutely need to be able to paint the ceilings. Our poor sims have to look at these terrible ceilings all the time??

So yeah, I agree, they currently ARE really ugly and will often clash with the rest of the house.

I also take more screenshots than ever, and I always find myself having to steer the camera away from the ceiling since it doesn't match anything. Not every house is bright and modern-looking.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr