Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of you guys play lgbt/ethnic couples?

Comments

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited May 2020
    I always end up playing at least one gay couple, maybe because I feel that female TS4 Sims are ridiculous representations of my own gender that I can't relate to whatsoever. I don't and never did like makeup, and don't care about clothes and shoes etc, in real life.

For years, it was Caleb and Don for me. They are still going strong in my current game, but I don't play them. I play Duane Talla and Paka'a Uha as spouses now instead. I had been playing both seperately with wives, but the ordinary family play just doesn't interest me.

When and if my guys have kids, I either use the gender settings to make it happen or create offspring in CAS by playing with genetics.
    Post edited by Nindigo on

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I play with everything. I love it when my sims start flirting autonomously. Most of my couples happen organically that way, so a lot of lgbt couples are around and I'm here for it.
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I play with lgbt couples but occasionally. I love playing with interracial couples because they have beautiful babies and I like seeing that the child got this from their father or vice versa. I wish I had a pic of the black/asian mixed child; she’s gorgeous!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    I don't care about ethnics/lbgt-relationships, but I don't have any lbgt-couples yet, basically because I have played less then 10 families until now. More than a half of it came from a try to replay a traditional family from the darkover book series. But the game mechanics didn't like that idea and at this time i didn't know how to avoid the jealousy between the couples.

Have them do the serial lover aspiration to get the Player trait to remove jealousy. There's also NSFW mods with similar you can buy from the reward store.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    As of now i have:
    Garza-Schwindt Household - Male Homosexual couple with a toddler daughter.
    Foster Household - Female Homosexual couple with a natural born daughter and three other children.
    Mckinley Household - Female Homosexual couple.
    Carina Reston - Female Homosexual.
    Alison Jenkins - Female Homosexual.
    Charlene Angelo - Female Bisexual.
    Gina Vinchelli - Female Bisexual.

I intend to make up the gap on the male side at some point.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I played with the lesbian couple in Sulani a few weeks back and I love their little family. They are the first none straight couple that I've played with so far. I never really know when a sim might be gay though without feeling like I'm stereo typing a certain look or something so I just kind of avoid it and play mostly straight couples.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I mainly play hetero male/female couples, but I do have one save with a mixed-race, lesbian couple. I don't think I've ever played with two gay men as a couple, but I've had a few lesbian couples, over Sims 2/3/4. My current couple are both cis, so they adopt their kids. I'm not sure about what sexuality their kids will be yet, since they're only young still (two children, one of whom has only just aged up, and one toddler).

I haven't actually got many photos of them together, this is the only one I have, with them exchanging Love Day flowers in the bathroom :D Jenny Jones is the redhead and Sue Harper is the black-haired one.

qkbmzHJ.jpg

• Options
    grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Pretty much all of my sims & sims families are either LGBT or people of color or both. I want my Sims' world to look like my world, but, you know, better: so, LGBT people make up about 50% of the population instead of 10%. And whereas people of color are about 10% of my real world community, they make up about 70% in The Sims.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I mostly play heterosexual couples, but I have one interracial homosexual bro couple who always give each other romantic high-fives. :D
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Well, I hardly do, but in my current save, it's two sisters at Uni, and the oldest sister is Bi and had her first kiss with a girl so.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have four gay couples and two lesbian couples in my rotational saves right now. I have one bisexual female Sim who currently dates Maxis made Sim Sierra Moss (a detective from Get to Work). Then I also have one transgender Sim (male to female).
    I have ethnic Sims/couples and mixed race couples in my saves, too.
  • Options
    VOChOGx.jpg
    I play these guys and have for a while.

• Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    edited June 2020
    I play pretty much all of them. I also love genetics so I pop into cas and make sure that it's pregnancy for all too because why not? Equal rights to labour pains for everyone in my game :D
    Post edited by Bloosmoo on
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    For any given household that depends on the story being told, but overall my sim neighborhoods are a wide mix of everythng imaginable- including verious shades of red, green, grey, and blue. Been doing that since TS2,
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I usually play LBGT couples. It's what I'm most comfortable with. I guess that's because it's me irl.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I play all possible variations, though not for any kind of personal agenda, I just like the variation it brings. Everyone's equal to me so without thinking I just end up with a good spread of orientations, ethnicities and careers.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    This is Brad and Beth Thomson, with their mixed daughter, Dawn. This is my main family.
    mskZPgi.png
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    I long for a day where any pairing within the same species is considered trivial. As an evolved species, it should be obvious that human pairings no longer occur solely for the sake of procreation, but something higher, and therefore isn't limited by physical base features.

@Oldeseadogge What a coolsome playstyle B) You are further down the road than me. Hmm, I think I may play around with some premades and their skin colors.

• Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I play lots of mixed race couples, so far in the legacy I have now I have had 7 couples and 5 of them have been mixed. I only have one lgbtq couple right now but that will change as they have more children.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Variety is the spice of life and this definitely counts in the Sims. I try to be as inclusive as I can when I play and I like just coming up with a new "story" and coming up with the Sims who fit that story.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I *try* really hard sometimes to play nuclear families, but always end up going gay (I myself am gay.) I can't help having the guy fall for other guys. Even in my most current save, I have a player Sim and he's got like 9 kids by various women, but the one partner of his I liked the most was a chunky guy he met in the Magic Realm. They're married now, of course. It's so hard for me to break out of gay relationships in the Sims, lol!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Most of my sims are straight because I like watching the genetics play out but I do have gay sims from time to time. My sims frequently marry sims with different skin colours. I'm setting up specific dynastic play in my current save and haven't introduced all the families I want in the game yet, so I've been largely focused upon that, but I definitely want to introduce different gender identities and sexualities into the game. I'm currently planning for my 1st transgender sim in game. At the moment the child, who was born male, is wearing predominantly male outfits but experimenting with a couple of female outfits. By the time he reaches the teen stage, I think he'll be ready to start wearing more feminine outfits. I am not sure whether he is gay, straight or bisexual at this point. I'm also starting to think about having a sim in the game who has an opposite sex spouse but a same sex lover, but I haven't decided who that will be among the sims who are currently aged teen and under.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    @TheGreatGorlon That is so cute <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top