Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of you guys play lgbt/ethnic couples?

Comments

• gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I play inter racial, not thin model types, old people, and whatever floats my boat at the time. Usually when I play it is to get the couples w/wo kids to become richer to add to a home I built. Just started doing a starter home today. The world is filled with many colors of beautiful people, with many styles of body.. When I play any game I always play with the world's color and size scheme.. which is the second most beautiful thing in world.. nature comes first always.
  • AlisiaDAlisiaD Posts: 147 Member
    I like to play a mixture of everything. It's more true to life that way, and more interesting. In my current Sims game I have an interracial gay couple, a lesbian couple, and a few other interacial couples. I just put Sims together that hit it off and have personalities that are a match, I don't really put a whole heap of thought into it to be honest.

I found a really cool Sim on the Gallery that I would like to add to my game that is female, but looks and is built like a male. I would definitely like to add that Sim to my game. I also have a male Sim I created, and somehow a female CC skin got into my male's skin selection. Anyway, I didn't realise until I was dressing him in swimwear that he has a very female lookiing chest, so I decided to go with it. It is his big secret that the other Sims in his town don't know about, but there are rumours amongst them, which was only made worse when he was impregnated by Aliens. :p
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I play a mixture of everything, my town is pretty diverse.
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I play a mix of everything. I don't like my sims to all have the same body type (apart from bums and shoulders, I like 'em both big), sexuality or personality.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
    edited May 2015
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    Here is another couple in my game. These are a household I downloaded from the gallery. They have 2 children and are married. AMJ1995 made them.

The Montroy's
    Montroys%20Easter.jpg~original

A picture of a picture inside a picture. O_O
    No these are the new selfies that come with Get To Work.

I think the Simmer meant why are you taking the pic with the UI on there for the selfie?
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    The very founders of my legacy were an interracial lesbian couple (who later on got some help from a nice donator to have children) :)

29dby87.jpg
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I seem to never play lgbt couples, but that's not because i have anything against that but because my sim normally only dates and marries to have children and i don't use pregnancy-script-mods.
    Since i normally only let my sim marry a townie, i have a lot of mixed racial couples.
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    Unless my Sims have some sort of background story that involves their ethnic, I usually play white Sims. lol :# I kind of dislike the idea of romance, even in a game, so I rarely make them fall in love. :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    Here is another couple in my game. These are a household I downloaded from the gallery. They have 2 children and are married. AMJ1995 made them.

The Montroy's

I think the Simmer meant why are you taking the pic with the UI on there for the selfie?

Because unfortunately that s the only way you can take a pic of those poses with prt screen until EA adds a way to take them from the game.

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited May 2015
    I always play heterosexual sims, but I have one second gen male sim who is bi. My main TS1 playables were a gay couple in TS1 but I never carried them over when I switched to TS2 and only carried over my black family and added a new set of playables which were a white family and European/Semitic interracial family. If I create ethnic sims I'm very specific (e.g., Serbian, Ethnic Jewish (not religious), Pakistani, Irish, Italian, Samoan, Guatemalan, Japanese, Kenyan, etc) but the sims ultimately are white or black (asian and SP Islander/hybrid for BV) or a shade in between, and my playable families are usually multiracial by the time they hit second generation.

Oddly, I did find something weird about myself I never play Indian sims. In fact, I delete Indian townies from my game. I have a ton of Indian friends and even celebrate Diwali with them every year. I really appreciate their culture, but in my game I just yank Indian pre-made sims out... I think I'll definitely put an Indian family in TS4.

Oh, and when one of my townies (made playable) was autonomously seduced by her lesbian sorority sister in TS2, I got mad because I wanted her to be a.sexual, so I tried to balance her preferences back to zero by making her sleep with the campus bartender. They had a one night stand and she got knocked up and almost didn't graduate. She is a single mum now living in an apartment and taking care of her baby. Totally threw a monkey wrench in my story, but I ended up using SimPE to balance out her sexual orientation, and wrote off her uni experiences as just that.

I think heterosexual couples are great and are just as special as any other couple.

edit: gay, heterosexual are okay, but a.sexual is a censored word... really now? :unamused:
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I personally would have no problem with Sims having a certain sexuality chosen by the game, since i like my sims to have independent wishes that might sometimes conflict with mine but storyteller and sandbox players woukd probably really hate that.
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I do play heterosexual sims more often, just because I love playing pregnancies and I like seeing how the children of my sims come out in terms of genetics. If I could be bothered to get the mods to support homosexual procreation, I would do it more often. So, with my unmodded game as it is, my sims are more ethnically diverse than they are sexually diverse. That's just speaking in terms of the majority; I definitely do have a mix of ethnicity and sexuality in my games.

In my current game I have an interracial (african american/caucasian) lesbian couple who I created in CAS with a biological daughter. In an older save, I had a latino dad/caucasian mom with four kids, one of whom is gay (his twin brother is straight). That's just a couple examples.

I definitely do like to mix it up, but the majority of my sims are white and straight and boring (like me!) I think it's normal that most people make sims they can more fully anthropomorphempathize (word I just made up!) with.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I have interracial couples, but not lgbt.
  • CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    I usually play heterosexual sims who are pretty close to my own ethnicity. (Native American/Irish)

However, I do let my sims do what they want. If someone happens to lgbt, so be it, I don't try to change it. If my sim happens to fall for someone of a different race, I don't try to change it.

Besides, and this is my personal opinion, if my town was filled with the exact same type of sim it would be boring.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »

I made a blue Sim not too long ago, and she was in the park chatting with people. My room mate came in and watched for a bit then said, 'doesn't anyone notice she's blue?'. I responded, 'why would they care?' To the other Sims in the park, blue and green skin are just as natural as any other color. We could learn a lot from Sims, I think...

<3
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    Last fall I sat down with Canadian and U.S. demographics tables and then made a save in which the population balance roughly matched those, in age, household composition, race/ethnicity, and sexual orientation. Then I did an overall assessment every couple Sim weeks and edited NIW townies to keep the balance going. It was weirdly fun :)

That actually sounds like a lot of fun! That's the kind of stuff I find interesting.

I made a blue Sim not too long ago, and she was in the park chatting with people. My room mate came in and watched for a bit then said, 'doesn't anyone notice she's blue?'. I responded, 'why would they care?' To the other Sims in the park, blue and green skin are just as natural as any other color. We could learn a lot from Sims, I think...

And yet they drop everything they're doing when in the fearsome presence of a mighty Simbot. :( Or spread rumors when a celebrity woohoos with his/her occult spouse.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    I play with everything, I don't usually make sims that reflect me in some way, I like them to have their own personalities. :) Like a little world within our world :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    My sim gets along great with Summer Holiday, so they usually end up getting married if my sim isn't already otherwise attached.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    knazzer wrote: »

The Montroy's

Because unfortunately that s the only way you can take a pic of those poses with prt screen until EA adds a way to take them from the game.

If you pause the game when they are doing the selfie pose hit "tab" on the keyboard and position the camera then take a screenshot in game for the same pic without the UI. :)

• hurfrhurfr Posts: 143 Member
    It's weird I do play sims of different ethnicities and sometimes play gay female couples but I don't play gay male couples? I am a gay male myself, I wonder if that has something to do with it.

*I really want to play a gay male couple now ha-ha!
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    I create and play gay, straight, bi and a.sexual Sims (heh actually, most of my Sims 4 Sims have ended up a.sexual, not sure why). I create and play all body types. I create and play all ethnicities. And of course, I play inter-racial couples. I haven't yet played aliens (nor did I play vampires or zombies or whatever other non-human varieties there were in past games).

I love having such a completely diverse world, even if it is just make-believe. One of the things I like about living in the Sims world is that, for Sims, these things are a complete non-issue. I echo what @Piperbird1 said... We could learn a lot from our Sims.
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited May 2015
    I've played some LGBT couples. Most of my LGBT couples are gay though. I do have a few lesbian couples.

17198627778_6858e89900_o.png
    16617068384_71be5dcaa8_o.png

I've also played some interracial couples. The man has some Chinese ancestry. The woman is of Nordic descent.

17124206711_aaf8e784f2_o.png
    Post edited by PixelsSquared on
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I don't see what sexuality has to do with ethnicity. They aren't even in the same ocean let alone the same boat.

I often play mixed race households.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top