The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 3,008 Member
    @Sims4MagicalTales Sounds like a lot of fun in your game! Is yours a traditional, rule-following legacy challenge? I've been tempted to do a legacy in the past but a) I'm too attached to my mods (I know that rules stipulate you can't use mods that put you at an advantage over other legacy players) and b) I prefer creating my characters' partners rather than marrying a random townie.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,791 Member
    @Sims4MagicalTales Sounds like a lot of fun in your game! Is yours a traditional, rule-following legacy challenge? I've been tempted to do a legacy in the past but a) I'm too attached to my mods (I know that rules stipulate you can't use mods that put you at an advantage over other legacy players) and b) I prefer creating my characters' partners rather than marrying a random townie.

I did that for my Sims 4 founder and Hannah I but except for I think one other character they marry townies (well not counting who I had Hannah I matched-made her friends with) from someone on here
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,918 Member
    Life got away with me but I am so pleased and a little sad to share the final two chapters of Generation III of Evergreen. I am excited for Gen IV to start on Sunday, though.

Chapter Nineteen: Individual Ambitions

Francesca closes in on her own lifetime goal while juggling a growing family and finally sharing her vision for future generations.

Screenshot-33.jpg

Chapter Twenty: From Ambitions to Late Nights

Both Sunset Valley and Evergreen House see changes to their image in time for the new heir to find out their legacy.

Screenshot-15-2.jpg
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    I trying to re-write my Gen 7 chapters before filming but I'm stuck on the "big opening speech" from "Meatball" for 7.17 chapter. All I can remember is he references Tuck Everlasting about how he is still living.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I'm not sure if this is good enough to "pass" for the opening speech:

Hello, there yes I’m talking to you. I’m Meatball- if you might remember I was introduced to you guys back in Gen 3 to help America Swanson out. You might be wondering how I’m still alive while the explanation is simple- I drank from the same water source as the Tuck family from Tuck Everlasting. I'm going to be in this chapter in the background literally.

Because I can't remember the rest of the chapter beside riddles
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

The Heidi Special. We had so much fun 🐐
    All episodes 👉 here in the forum.
    ad58e781abf5a6b6c5b4fa9bde1c3242bc2d880c.jpg
    f6c3b2b7ee58a8ef19cdd438b8d99263650a37e4.jpg
    0b4f400819a33c9e3c85dd14abe8d6a881ec4e4b.jpg
    3abc13fa5c451f5a4ae6b8836c7f9cc414c7abed.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,289 Member
    Since i didn't get in as much playtime as I wanted loast month, I decided to stick with Box of Chocolates for a while longer, so here's chapter 2.57.
    2.57 Happy Birthday?

image.png
  • Options
    SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 178 Member
    After a complete rewrite of the entire generation, I finally managed to get a chapter out!

Chapter 41: Ask Yourself

09-29-23_3_56_37-pm.jpg

generation5juliapaul.png
  • Options
    anyone know how to show (in first person) something going off-screen (er page?) so I can switch POVs?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee can you explain a bit further what you’re trying to do? A new chapter can always be a new POV without having to explain the absence of the first character, or you can do that from the new POV. E.g. end chapter from character A’s POV as usual, start a new chapter labelled as Character B’s POV and have them mention Character A is away on a trip somewhere.

I usually indicate POV by underlining the character’s name at the top of the chapter. Not sure if that’s what you were asking but hope that helps!
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    @MadameLee can you explain a bit further what you’re trying to do? A new chapter can always be a new POV without having to explain the absence of the first character, or you can do that from the new POV. E.g. end chapter from character A’s POV as usual, start a new chapter labelled as Character B’s POV and have them mention Character A is away on a trip somewhere.

I usually indicate POV by underlining the character’s name at the top of the chapter. Not sure if that’s what you were asking but hope that helps!

There's two characters Character A is the famous "Meatball" guy from SimLit including my own and he's doing some expostion between what happened at the end of the last chapter about other characters including Character B (Henry)- and how Henry is obessed in trying to find some kind of "clue" in one of Jane's rooms - and Meatball hears an excited yell and "Oh Do you Hear that? Henry must have found a clue" and then I will switch to Henry's POV
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 178 Member
    How is everyone's Saturday going?

I'm been writing drafts for some future scenes and working on a location I need for next chapter.

Preview for anyone curious:
    1SFJyN7.jpg
    N6W3rc6.png
    jmPbI8M.png
    generation5juliapaul.png
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,408 Member

@Sims4MagicalTales My daughter's birthday was on Saturday and I have been struggling to remove a bug in my game.
    On Sunday I'm going to a painting course, so I'm quite busy.

@SirianaSims You are so good at creating cozy cafe environments :love:
    I am still very inspired by the cafe in your previous chapter that takes place at the Casbah Gallery. I'm still considering converting the bar into a cafe as it would make so much more sense....but it takes time and I don't have any scenes that will take place in a cafe right now.
  • Options
    Generation IV is here!! Enjoy Chapter One: After Dark

Hattie begins her journey as the town’s Caretaker and finds that the urban dream waits for no woman.

s7uz6wdrxiad.jpeg
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,289 Member
    Christa graduates early in Box of Chocolates 2.58 Early Graduation.
    image.png
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I had a question because I'm struggling a bit. It feels Awkward to come back to the forums after being gone so long just to ask a silly question...

I want to go back to writing my matriarch challenge. I've lost track of the story because it's been so long and my life has been scattered all over the place. Is it wrong to just.... rewrite it a bit.? Using the same screenshots and general storyline. But like ... a second draft until I catch up to where I was so that I can figure out what I was doing and get a more cohesive story?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top