Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    So as can happen with big families, several birthdays ended up happening close together. In order to avoid featuring birthdays in three consecutive chapters, I combined them into one. Hope it's coherent.
    Henriques Chronicles Chapters 2.36 and 2.37

QDIk76h.png
    image.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hello everyone! I took longer with this than needed, but here it is: the FINAL chapter for The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 71: Wonderful Moments
    2XtP1le.jpg

After the storm settles down, healing can begin. It is time to celebrate the little, wonderful moments.

Thank you all who have read, and hey, if anyone who hasn't give this a try likes fantasy, adventure, slice-of-lifey stories, here's a finished one for you to read! Feel free to leave comments on it too! I hope everyone is having a good time and is staying safe!

oh the one cathtea and i tricked you in to writing. lol sorry just got back from work. congrats friend.
  • Options
    ok time to make new sims welli did already but the female took her top off which reminded me of lauren and noelthen i got sad all over again.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    It might be the end of Sim 66 for now :/

The latest update and fix from EA has taken up all my remaining disc space and it still can't update until I clear more files. I had 1.6 gig left and, bam, this fix must be pretty big to use it all up. In the short term I'm going to transfer documents, photos and videos from my venerable laptop to an external hard drive to see if I can finish updating the game. If that doesn't work I'm going to need either a new drive installed in my laptop, but that means a 3-4 week wait whilst the engineers install it or else get a new gaming PC which costs $$$$$$$ or £££££££...the budget might not stretch to that atm.

So I've got one more chapter in progress and then a hiatus until I don't know when. Gutted. This latest patch is a memory guzzler, that's for sure.

Sorry to hear it @Kellogg_J_Kellogg. Storage is getting cheaper and cheaper though so there's hope. After payday and everything...
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Hello everyone! I took longer with this than needed, but here it is: the FINAL chapter for The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 71: Wonderful Moments
    2XtP1le.jpg

After the storm settles down, healing can begin. It is time to celebrate the little, wonderful moments.

Thank you all who have read, and hey, if anyone who hasn't give this a try likes fantasy, adventure, slice-of-lifey stories, here's a finished one for you to read! Feel free to leave comments on it too! I hope everyone is having a good time and is staying safe!

@RipuAncestor: congrats on finishing, especially on an ambitious story that's been going for years now.

I had it open on my phone for a reread a few months ago but finishing in time for the "finale party" didn't happen. Not even close.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Oh no. Can you just play for now without updating?
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Is there a way of bypassing the required update and just play with what I've got? I play on a PC.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @CathyTea @friendsfan367 @InfraGreen Thank you so much! I'm glad and wistful for having the story finished. Maybe I should go back to the other stories I have lying unfinished in my blogs :lol: Take all the time you need to read my story if you still feel like reading it. My simlit reading has slowed down to a crawl too, but I feel like I might start properly again. I bet I'm now behind on so many wonderful stories and I'd have a lot to read.

@Kellogg_J_Kellogg I hope you get things working again!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Is there a way of bypassing the required update and just play with what I've got? I play on a PC.
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg A simple straightforward way is to put your computer (desktop or laptop) in airplane mode/internet unplugged/wifi off before launching Origin. Then, launch Origin, launch the Sims 4, get into your game and you should be fine to turn everything back on or get out of airplane mode.
  • Options
    I'll let you know how it goes. Mind you, the update does fix one problem...There's an old lady townie who wears the belted cardigan and she looks like spaghetti when she walks around, I have to hide her when I do a screencap!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @CathyTea I know you're not on at the moment but you might want to take a look at some point on a blog topic I posted today on my Celoptra Wordblog. You might be intereested in it!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea I know you're not on at the moment but you might want to take a look at some point on a blog topic I posted today on my Celoptra Wordblog. You might be intereested in it!

Sounds great, Magna! I saw a notice pop up in my email, so I'll check it out during my morning reading tomorrow! Hope you're doing well!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    my new couple is interesting. hes pansexual she bisexual and their not only married but expecting .and i thought writing the benders was complicated.
  • Options
    my new couple is interesting. hes pansexual she bisexual and their not only married but expecting .and i thought writing the benders was complicated.

They sound like a really neat couple!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

my last couple tried to kill each other though. . yes noel and lauren. i don't know what happened
  • Options

my last couple tried to kill each other though. . yes noel and lauren. i don't know what happened

I wonder if it has to do with the new want and fear systems.

• Options
    Well, this might be the last chapter for a while as I get my PC sorted out...or get a new one...or something else. Rest assured there will be NO reboot, NO start over and NO unresolved cliffhangers with Sim 66 once service is resumed!

Today's chapter, #183, sees Summer in a panic as her fear is realised by a clumsy Travis. How will she deal with her inner fears and how can Liberty help? Fire!

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2023/01/chapter-183-fire.html

ww7FdfW.png

And I love these mod Sixties chairs...the girls look comfortable sitting in them.

OE4Ip1z.png
  • Options
    @haneul, your fix worked. I switched to flight mode and bypassed the update. I was able to play a game, take screen grabs and am now writing up the next chapter. A big thank you!
  • Options
    @haneul, your fix worked. I switched to flight mode and bypassed the update. I was able to play a game, take screen grabs and am now writing up the next chapter. A big thank you!

better than me. i started over and my female sim died already.
  • Options

which means i have exactly what i was trying to escape in real life .1 death and 1 divorce. irony.
  • Options

which means i have exactly what i was trying to escape in real life .1 death and 1 divorce. irony.

That is ironic.

• Options

That is ironic.

i think i'll just start again with the benders. if i'm gonna have drama it might as well come from them. lol
  • Options

That is ironic.

i think i'll just start again with the benders. if i'm gonna have drama it might as well come from them. lol

That's for sure! Plus, they always seem to figure it out.

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hello everyone, I'm not even going to pretend I can catch up in all the threads I was following or all the posts since I last posted here. I wouldn't be able to... :sweat_smile: and I'm giving myself grace.

But... I missed you all. I've been playing sporadically. Halfway through 2022, I received a promotion halfway taking much of my time and energy. I've developed a few other gaming interests (namely Stardew Valley, but I've been into Dreamlight Valley too recently). Health struggles and family problems also ate into my strength, energy, and free time last year. I am finally getting into a good routine. I feel healthier and I've found some answers. Hopefully 2023 will be much better than 2020, 2021, and 2022.

I'd love to catch up on reading. There's so many amazing stories out there. I was halfway through many of them. I wish I could read them all. Any recommendations or suggestions appreciated. I am interested in mystery, sci-fi, fantasy, and supernatural stories, but I also enjoy reflective stories and slice-of-life. What are some of your SimLit faves you're reading now?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hello everyone, I'm not even going to pretend I can catch up in all the threads I was following or all the posts since I last posted here. I wouldn't be able to... :sweat_smile: and I'm giving myself grace.

But... I missed you all. I've been playing sporadically. Halfway through 2022, I received a promotion halfway taking much of my time and energy. I've developed a few other gaming interests (namely Stardew Valley, but I've been into Dreamlight Valley too recently). Health struggles and family problems also ate into my strength, energy, and free time last year. I am finally getting into a good routine. I feel healthier and I've found some answers. Hopefully 2023 will be much better than 2020, 2021, and 2022.

I'd love to catch up on reading. There's so many amazing stories out there. I was halfway through many of them. I wish I could read them all. Any recommendations or suggestions appreciated. I am interested in mystery, sci-fi, fantasy, and supernatural stories, but I also enjoy reflective stories and slice-of-life. What are some of your SimLit faves you're reading now?

none. that makes me feel guilty because i talked cathtea into helping with the lounge but my new couple well he bacame a widower yesterday so day 1. th only legacy i had shortwethan that was colin forbes. the one cathtea wrote foe me he lasted about a hour but for some odd reason wanted a stove with 0 cooking skills.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top