Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    @haneul The landing page is really nice and I like the contents table ^u^
    they/them or she/her
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Hello, all! My heir poll is currently running and I'd really appreciate some votes! I'm also going to be running a casting call with a more narrative focus for a Bachelor or Bachelorette to decide the spouse!

Poll is here!
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I still need to implement more suggestions, but I'll have to do those later when I have more time. I don't have a dedicated thread here because I often post about my legacy in the What Happened in Your Game? thread and like the community there and didn't want to double post, but it seems people really stick to specific areas of the forum without much overlap, so I'm considering how to create a thread without double posting.

That kind of double posting is not frowned upon on this site.

Not everyone reads the What Happened in Your Game thread due to the sheer size and how it's really easy to lose track of stories and where you left off if you happen to take a break from the forum for whatever reason.

No one will have a problem if you post your story in that thread and then have a dedicated thread here in this section.

A thread here in this section would let new readers that come from that thread to have a place to comment about earlier chapters without feeling like they are being "off topic" because they're discussing something that happened in the first few chapters. Whereas it wouldn't seem as out of place or off topic on a thread that's solely for your story and nothing else. This is especially true for people who don't feel comfortable commenting directly on the blog for whatever reason.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited November 2021
    @haneul
    I use wordpress, but I'm on a private server for complete freedom instead of wordpress.com so I don't have the reader options unfortunately and can't follow any blogs. :(
    I'm also on a private server, Wordpress.org. It is possible to use Reader anyway. You need to install the free Jetpack plugin.

NB: I found a tutorial here: Add The WordPress Follow Button
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited November 2021
    @haneul
    I use wordpress, but I'm on a private server for complete freedom instead of wordpress.com so I don't have the reader options unfortunately and can't follow any blogs. :(
    I'm also on a private server, Wordpress.org. It is possible to use Reader anyway. You need to install the free Jetpack plugin.

Thanks. I can add that, but I think it only works so that others can follow me, not so that I have reader options related to following WP.com blogs (unless i use a WP.com account). I will look into it.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    @haneul As you can see, I follow 36 web pages in my reader here.
    F3enQawh.jpg
    If I remember correctly, you create a concurrent WordPress.com account when you install Jetpack. I do not use my WordPress.com for anything other than following other people's web pages.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,968 Member
    I’m not tech savvy enough to be able to change the layout of my blog. It’s probably really easy to, but I don’t want to mess things up!

I understand the comments about, ahem, comments. I’m not super bothered by them, sometimes I wonder whether people read my stories but they do get likes etc so people must be at least looking. I do often post on the “What Happened In Your Game Today” thread, mainly because it is a bit busier and gets more reactions.

I’m not running any legacies or challenges or anything, but I wouldn’t mind setting up a poll in the future for things like baby name ideas. I’m sure I’ve already said this, but I can be good at coming up with themes such as Irish/German/Japanese (as in the Sulani at Heart story), but I always prefer the girl name options to the boy name ones hahaha. Hence the proliferation of female characters in my games. I’ve not got a problem with female Sims obviously, it’d just be nice to have some variety.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I’m not tech savvy enough to be able to change the layout of my blog. It’s probably really easy to, but I don’t want to mess things up!

I understand the comments about, ahem, comments. I’m not super bothered by them, sometimes I wonder whether people read my stories but they do get likes etc so people must be at least looking. I do often post on the “What Happened In Your Game Today” thread, mainly because it is a bit busier and gets more reactions.

I’m not running any legacies or challenges or anything, but I wouldn’t mind setting up a poll in the future for things like baby name ideas. I’m sure I’ve already said this, but I can be good at coming up with themes such as Irish/German/Japanese (as in the Sulani at Heart story), but I always prefer the girl name options to the boy name ones hahaha. Hence the proliferation of female characters in my games. I’ve not got a problem with female Sims obviously, it’d just be nice to have some variety.

cathtea sometimes only comments on mine if someone dies lol. her all time favorite sim is elsa bergjensen. she even knows where she lives with her family .the house. one time i couldn't remember and she knew. elsa marries ayden my generation 2 heir. well she died in a fire once and by sis reaction you would have thoufgt i killed her myself. i love cathtea though.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @haneul As you can see, I follow 36 web pages in my reader here.
    F3enQawh.jpg
    If I remember correctly, you create a concurrent WordPress.com account when you install Jetpack. I do not use my WordPress.com for anything other than following other people's web pages.
    Thanks. Haha. I'm lazy when I can get away with it and was trying to completely avoid WP.com because I already have a site and didn't want an additional account to manage >:) , but it's not that difficult so... I will see about following SimLit in the reader there, and make sure I have JetPack installed on my actual blog.
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    jR2LTxU.png
    Hey everyone! Long time, no see! I thought I'd swing by for Halloween to (finally) end my hiatus and release a not-so-spooky chapter, Chapter 106, which you can read by clicking here! Thank you so much for your patience during a difficult time for me. I hope you enjoy :heart:
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • NoWindowsNoWindows Posts: 162 Member
    And I am officially waving off my motivation to Sim as it screws off into the sunset. Wonderful.
    Call me AC1. It won't let me change my name!

Read Watercolor Whimsy here!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited November 2021
    Hey. I'm sort of jumping into this with both feet. I'm a fanfic writer from way back, but haven't tried writing Sim fiction. My current save is a continuation of a year long fantasy story that got obliterated with my last computer and had to be rebooted. As I reset the story for the new game, I had a chance to streamline it into a nice tight arc as a backstory for my current save. My posts in the "what happened in your game" thread are becoming a bit story involved, so I thought I'd expand on it here and give the Reader's Digest version there. I don't plan to write a big story arc. Just little shorts set in my Sim World.

So, if you're interested in fantasy worlds and characters, I hope you'll check out "Tales From The Myst." I look forward meeting everyone and digging into the creative side of our simmer community.
    Screenshots of the Parker girls as teenagers!

Hazel:

kSu9ynQ.jpg

Lydia:

VqagUgL.jpg

Clara:

s9iTrT0.jpg

Katie:

rJ3YBfq.jpg

Clara's glasses make her look older than she is. Perhaps I'll change them, or find some CC ones.

I'll write Chapter Four, and then take a break from the Parker Saga and go back to Magical Mastersons. Theseus has 14 days left as a toddler (it's my Long lifespan save) and then Athena and Sophia are close behind at 17 days left. It'll be fun to see them as children, but I've got more members of generation 3 to be born yet!
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    @cyncie I like what you have so far of your story. Been waiting for another fantasy narrative-style story with deeper lore!
    they/them or she/her
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    @cyncie I like what you have so far of your story. Been waiting for another fantasy narrative-style story with deeper lore!

Thanks. I'm going to use the game as a story assistant to play out small "Tales" that eventually tie to a larger arc. We'll see how it goes.
    edited November 2021
    well the benders survived the update. not the mod i need to write them did not.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
    I changed my blog theme, and added chapter indexes and background pages. It's still a work in progress, as I also plan to create character bio pages. Plus there are more members of generation 3 of the Masterson family to come, so they'll be added when they're born.

Lucy_Henley's Sims Stories
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited November 2021
    @haneul

I too am on a private server for LegacySims.net and use WordPress. I do the same thing as @MonaSolstraale ... in fact, I think she is the one that showed me what she is showing you @haneul ... :grimace:

Also, I have to kudos you on the updates you made to your site. I really like it. Looks more clean and fresh. Great job with it.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Hey. I'm sort of jumping into this with both feet. I'm a fanfic writer from way back, but haven't tried writing Sim fiction. My current save is a continuation of a year long fantasy story that got obliterated with my last computer and had to be rebooted. As I reset the story for the new game, I had a chance to streamline it into a nice tight arc as a backstory for my current save. My posts in the "what happened in your game" thread are becoming a bit story involved, so I thought I'd expand on it here and give the Reader's Digest version there. I don't plan to write a big story arc. Just little shorts set in my Sim World.

So, if you're interested in fantasy worlds and characters, I hope you'll check out "Tales From The Myst." I look forward meeting everyone and digging into the creative side of our simmer community.

Welcome to the SimLit community! I've had Realm of Magic since it came out and haven't even touched it. :grimace: I like the idea of doing a gameplay and turning it into a story rather than creating a story and gameplaying around it. Looks like you're having fun with it and that's really what matters. Now you get to show off to others the fun you're having.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    And back to Box of Chocolates with a boom. Warning: these chapters deal with hurt feelings and the separation of a couple. Not sure yet where it's going to go from there.

1.31: Hurt Very short chapter, to set up the change in the storyline.
    1.32: Going Through the Motions The buildup, and longest chpater.
    1.33: Next Moves
    This chapter actually got so long that I had to split it in two. The other half should be ready tomorrow, but I wanted to get these 3 out there.
    image.png
    cyncie wrote: »

Welcome to the SimLit community! I've had Realm of Magic since it came out and haven't even touched it. :grimace: I like the idea of doing a gameplay and turning it into a story rather than creating a story and gameplaying around it. Looks like you're having fun with it and that's really what matters. Now you get to show off to others the fun you're having.

Thanks for the welcome!

• lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Hey, everyone! I'm running a casting call here for my legacy challenge's next spouse (I'll be doing a Bachelor Challenge style thing), so I'm looking for Sims to be contestants!

Thank you!
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member

@friendsfan367 That's why when I open Origin on the day of an update I quickly click "Switch to offline." Right now I don't need any mods for my story, but I like my mods and there's no reason as to why I shouldn't be allowed to enjoy my game just because my favorite modders can't be up at the crack of dawn to fix their mods when EA breaks them. It doesn't help you now, but just remember the "Switch to offline" for later. I won't get this update for another couple days at least.

@friendsfan367 That's why when I open Origin on the day of an update I quickly click "Switch to offline." Right now I don't need any mods for my story, but I like my mods and there's no reason as to why I shouldn't be allowed to enjoy my game just because my favorite modders can't be up at the crack of dawn to fix their mods when EA breaks them. It doesn't help you now, but just remember the "Switch to offline" for later. I won't get this update for another couple days at least.

i decied waiting for the mods to be fixed i would check out scenarios. i tried the break up scenaeio yesterday, they beat each other up. and one was female. lol. i don't like violence but that shocked mecause usually i control stuff like that. you can't break sims up unless they hate each other.
    i couldn't go in game but i did get most of my christmas shopping done. all but my brother.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top