Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    The vampires action continues.

Rainbow Sundae 6.2

Amusing pictures I couldn't fit in:
    jett3_010.jpg
    Close up on my goofball.
    jett3_026.jpg
    Those are such weird poses.

• rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    If you were to post just one picture per post and add a next page, previous page at the bottom of each with links to the next post it would work like that on WordPress.

Yeah, that was one of the ways I was thinking. But Wordpress has this feature to insert a Page Break which would be faster and more economic. Works in a similar way except all the available pages are numbered across the bottom of the image from left to right in ascending order. So no need to put any sort of forward/backward buttons. Wordpress automatically puts that in for you.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    rosenero10 wrote: »
    If you were to post just one picture per post and add a next page, previous page at the bottom of each with links to the next post it would work like that on WordPress.

Yeah, that was one of the ways I was thinking. But Wordpress has this feature to insert a Page Break which would be faster and more economic. Works in a similar way except all the available pages are numbered across the bottom of the image from left to right in ascending order. So no need to put any sort of forward/backward buttons. Wordpress automatically puts that in for you.

Hmm, I've always manually added previous and next links in my posts since I noticed that the automatic links wordpress adds don't seem to be in any particular order. Never knew what Page Break was for.
    image.png
  • rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »

Hmm, I've always manually added previous and next links in my posts since I noticed that the automatic links wordpress adds don't seem to be in any particular order. Never knew what Page Break was for.

Yeah, it's a bit like Page Break on MS Word document. It just forces the end of the page and starts a fresh page, back to the top. As you're editing the page it appears like it's just continuing at the bottom. But when you look at it after you've updated then you'll see it's definitely started a new page and you'll find previous pages laid out as sequential numbers below the image.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member

I honestly have NEVER used the page break feature so i have no idea how it works xD Maybe i should play with that myself.
    I have another batch of story parts coming out in the next couple weeks, I've screenshot 3 DBG sidetracks, 3 My sims trophy story parts with Gino, and 4 Letters from the city foster challenge/penpal parts.

As for the D&D adventure part I need to get some more feedback or I'll be releasing a part soon that is a little on the shorter side. But it is mostly screenshot for everything I've written so far. I just have a couple more parts that I want to finish before I get it out even just as is.
    So my new story is up and ready to share. I wanted to figure out a way to actually focus on the ROM pack and not just add it onto to my existing stories. Then while I was doing that, I came across this Box of Chocolates Legacy Challenge. It looked interesting enough that I decided to set aside my decision not to start another legacy and combine it with my plan to play with ROM. Mercuryfoam's Between Two Worlds only made me want to play with agic more.
    I'm calling it simply Box of Chocolates, staring aspiring spellcaster Angel Katz. I'm still trying to settle on a name for her familiar, a Sixam owl. I'm taking suggestions, though right now I'm seriously tempted to call it Mercury in mercuryfoam's honor. Or maybe Hermes, the Greek form, or Pallas, another name for Athena. Also considered: Telwo because Sixam is Maxis backward, and Nocturne. But I'm open to other ideas.

Anyway, here are the first two chapters:
    1.1 Magic
    1.2 Glimmerbrook
    image.png
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @SimTresa Your story looks interesting so far!

Thanks!
    image.png
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited July 2020
    @simTresa Thank you so much for reading my story and liking it. :blush: I can't wait to see what happens to Angel and her pet. I read the challenge you're doing too. It sounds amazing and unpredictable. Exactly like a BOC. And
    Telwo because Sixam is Maxis backward
    I never knew that. I'm blown away so my vote is on Telwo for how cheeky it is! :smile:
    @simTresa Thank you so much for reading my story and liking it. :blush: I can't wait to see what happens to Angel and her pet. I read the challenge you're doing too. It sounds amazing and unpredictable. Exactly like a BOC. And
    Telwo because Sixam is Maxis backward
    I never knew that. I'm blown away so my vote is on Telwo for how cheeky it is! :smile:

You're welcome! I like the idea of things being a bit more unpredictable. Do you want me to reveal the weekly goals in the story or would you rather guess at them?

So that's one vote for Telwo. :) I like how unique it is too.
    image.png
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    You're welcome! I like the idea of things being a bit more unpredictable. Do you want me to reveal the weekly goals in the story or would you rather guess at them?

Hm there's merits to both, if you laid it all out I'd have have the goal in my mind as I watch/read Angel's life story play out. If it's hidden at the end of the chapter, it'll have an element of mystery (and surprise) once her motives are revealed. I'll like either way. You should pick since your ideas are fun, like Telwo and Tempe! :lol:
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I got to watch all 9 eposides of the new Baby Sitters Club!! (note: there are 10 but 9 and 10 are the same eposide its a two parter)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    #BUILDNEWCREST CHALLENGE: SIMSELF LEGACY EDITION

- Day 92 (Generation 2 Finale)

Noelle has been full of surprises these last chapters, but her biggest surprise comes as Generation 2 comes to an end. Juju embraces this surprise, but does Karlo? Find out as we conclude Jubilee's story and begin a new adventure with Angel Simself. There is still more to come with Noelle and Tony. Stay tuned as their story continues as we move to Angel's.

07-13-20_2-56-24-AM.png?w=800
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hey everyone :) I'm back with another chapter of TDC. It took me almost a month to work on this one... it's gotta be my longest chapter so far (14.3k word count) but the next 2-4 are going to be just as long if not longer. *sigh*
    Anyways, the chapter can be read here:

3iRg2xM.png
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    This may be silly. But I know how amazingly supportive the group of people in here are. A house came up for sale yesterday in our area in the school district we want. Houses are selling fast here and we've got an offer in. This house feels like home to me. I love it so much. I can't describe how much I love it.

I'm probably even going to recreate it as best I can in Sims I love it so much. If people can send good vibes into the atmosphere that our offer is accepted. I would be so grateful. <3

I'm a bundle of nerves right now xD
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    This may be silly. But I know how amazingly supportive the group of people in here are. A house came up for sale yesterday in our area in the school district we want. Houses are selling fast here and we've got an offer in. This house feels like home to me. I love it so much. I can't describe how much I love it.

I'm probably even going to recreate it as best I can in Sims I love it so much. If people can send good vibes into the atmosphere that our offer is accepted. I would be so grateful. <3

Aw, I hope you guys get it @Shadami! Sending positive vibes your way! <3
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer

Hoping and praying hard that you get the house! It sounds like it was made for you and your family :)
    image.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

good thoughts coming in.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top