Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Welcome Ladies and Gentlefolk to Generation 6 of Rainbow Sundae!

We have the first chapter of Generation Six officially released and it's really a lot more story packed into it than my usual generation starters. Hopefully I'm enticing you to read it. This generation is going to be very fangtastic!

Rainbow Sundae 6.0
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    7ns460N.png
    Hey everyone! I have a new chapter of Nightshade which you can read here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    A longer chapter of Life is Random

337 Play All Day
    image.png
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hello. I have started writing a terrible story and decided to post a link here.

Almost Eternal
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @SnuffyBucket Definitely not a terrible in any way! 😊 I've enjoyed the introduction to Sandy and April, some big personalities showing up already! I'm liking the dark comedy vibe your story has going on, and a mixture of vain celebrities and the supernatural is always fun. Great start!
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey everyone, the second chapter of the newest generation of Rainbow Sundae is out. I know, the first chapter was just released... uh yesterday I think? Well, I managed to wring out the second chapter already! Today's chapter features even more vampires and my adorable little goobers being awkward and weird.

Here it is:
    Rainbow Sundae 6.1
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @SnuffyBucket Definitely not a terrible in any way! 😊 I've enjoyed the introduction to Sandy and April, some big personalities showing up already! I'm liking the dark comedy vibe your story has going on, and a mixture of vain celebrities and the supernatural is always fun. Great start!

Oh wow, thank you! This is all a bit daunting as so many of you are such great writers, but I took your suggestion about creating a discussion on the forum for comments, which can be found here.
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hey everyone! Here's the fourth chapter of Tiny Travellers, featuring the Lowenstein family, submitted by @VanPelt81:

Chapter 4: The Lowenstein Family

4hn0E5N.jpg
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    I might not be able to post another update for Sims 4 gen 4 until August or Sept since we have a huge heatwave up here
    6adMCGP.gif
  • rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    Hello Writers!

I'm looking for opinions and ideas here from everyone regarding the websites that you use for your stories with particular attention to page layout on a 16:9 aspect monitor (not really considering Mobile devices such as phones and tablets).

I see many use Wordpress. Some use Blogger/Blogspot.

What I want is ability to show 16:9 aspect pictures to illustrate my story, but as close to full screen as possible with space for story text below that is straight up characters on the web page (not embedded in the picture).

And if possible I don't want it to scroll endlessly down a single web page. I'd prefer it to be like a page flip where you won't see the next picture until you have read all the text from the current picture and click for next page.

I also want the ability for readers to comment on each page.

Is that even possible in writer's forums like wordpress or on websites such as Blogger; wix etc?

Currently I write and use Facebook because of the power of photo album features and individual photos within an album allows for all of these features. But I just want a bit more screen size. Many of my pictures are really key to my story as I spend less time narrating and more time with dialogue script.

Your opinions; ideas and insights would be really valuable. Thanks in advance! :smile:
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited July 2020
    @rosenero10 Hi there.

I use a 16:9 monitor too. (1980x1080 resolution) I can only speak for Wordpress since that's the site I'm using. Wordpress has all the features you ask for except one: the ability for readers to comment on each page.

Here are two examples from my blog of what your story could potentially look like should you use wordpress for your needs.
    Example 1 - features page flips on wordpress
    Example 2 - features 1980x1080 screenshots with text accompanying screenshot.

You'll notice that my pictures do not take up the entire screen, but it is possible. When you upload pictures, there is the option for the pictures to be 'normal, wide width, and full width'. I find 'wide width' to be most suitable for my monitor size, but they are not featured here. These are normal width.

Good luck and happy simming! :)
    Thank you @mercuryfoam

I like your layout for example 2. It's still not what I'm looking for and still features this scrolling down method.

But I thank you for your input and ideas. Thanks for taking the time to comment :)
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @rosenero10

Example 2 features the scrolling down method because I prefer that. If I wanted to feature Eg 2 as a photobook, I'd 'pagebreak' after each picture as I set it up. In the first example, I pagebreak-ed 6 times to get 6 pages. You could pagebreak 50 times if you have 50 pictures to remove the scrolling feature.
    @mercuryfoam

Ohhh I see it now on example 1. The numbered circles are pages. I'm sorry I didn't realize that below the first page of several images.
    And I get what you mean about having one image per page. I guess I would have to try it on wordpress to see how it would look.

Thanks again :)
  • GroomyGroomy Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi all,

Probably not the place for this but worth a try, bit of a back story my Partner lives in Canada and i currently live in Australia while i await my PR application to be processed( Due to Covid nothing has progressed since March 13) before covid i was travelling over every two months for a few weeks at a time but since then the Australian government keeps denying my applcations to fly to visit my Partner, so now to what i wanted to ask obviously due to being apart my wife is a little down, she enjoys playing sims so i convinced her to go back to making youtube videos which she has and throughly enjoys, also every single time she gets a new subscriber her face lights up and it makes me happy to see that since i can't be with her right now, she is currently doing an A-Z baby challenge series, but i wondered what other ideas for sims series would be worth her creating to maximise her chances of attracting new subscribers?

thankyou for your time and im sorry if this is in the wrong spot and im happy for it to be deleted, have a nice day
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    @Groomy try putting that on the Kindness bench instead.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    If you were to post just one picture per post and add a next page, previous page at the bottom of each with links to the next post it would work like that on WordPress.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    One more for Life Is Random. After this, I'm going to be introducing my new story.

3.38 On Monday
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top