Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    related to last night's question.

so Darcy Grant was an earl- his sons either 1 married into my main family (Swansons) or just didn't want to deal with the Grant family drama. So that leaved Emma Grant as the titile holder of Countess, she has a daughter (no other kids). I'm asumming most of Emma's descendants are girls. So they will all be Countesses. I'm going to make another family from a different world be Baroness if a future Baroness Caletine marries the husband of the former Countess who would get the title of Countess would it go straight to Countess' and Countess husband's daughter or would Baroness Calentine temporary take it?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Orchidah1Orchidah1 Posts: 193 Member
    edited May 2020
    Chapter 5: A Light In The Window (Part1)

~ Maybe it was a joke--maybe he was just trying to mess with me. But the way his lips felt against mine, it seemed like we were both enjoying it. ~

GkqibL7.jpg
    Still sweaty from gym class, Becky and I passed the Mansion on our way home. I noticed something I had never seen before: a light in the window.

Read PART 1 >>> HERE
    Forum Thread >>> HERE

Please consider subscribing to stay updated with the latest chapters. Thank you for helping me keep this blog going <3<3
    edited May 2020
    Chapter 5: A Light In The Window (Part 2)

~ He lay propped up on his arms, completely naked. I stared down at him in the faint moonlight, savoring the moment. ~

mU0Se0i.jpg
    There was a gentle wind blowing through the trees, and the smell of autumn leaves. I heard bats chirping high overhead. The full moon illuminated their wings. It would have been romantic, if only I had had a real boyfriend with me.

Read PART 2 >>> HERE
    Forum Thread >>> HERE

Please consider subscribing to stay updated with the latest chapters. Thank you for helping me keep this blog going <3<3

edited May 2020
    Chapter 5: A Light In The Window (Part 3)

~ Blood! Thick puddles in the grass! But there was no body! I followed the bloodstains, afraid bits of his corpse were strewn everywhere. And then I tripped over something hard. ~

UdqK8i5.jpg
    As we drove along the desolate country road that twisted around Benson Hill, the headlights shone against the creepy trees.

Read PART 3 >>> HERE
    Forum Thread >>> HERE

now I figured out the title Darcy Grant was an earl- his sons either 1 married into my main family (Swansons) or just didn't want to deal with the Grant family drama. So that leaved Emma Grant as the titile holder of Countess, she has a daughter (no other kids). I'm asumming most of Emma's descendants are girls. So they will all be Countesses. I'm going to make another family from a different world be Baroness if a future Baroness Caletine marries the husband of the former Countess who would get the title of Countess would it go straight to Countess' and Countess husband's daughter or would Baroness Calentine temporary take it?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    I'm so wrappped up in other things that I'm not playing much this week. I did finish this chapter of Hidden in Sight though.
    4.30 Adults Only

this made me laugh. since i'm trying not to whine that i can only watch hbo max on my computer not the firestick like i planned i don't come around as much. today i decied to check out what i can watch on hbo while i wait. so sexand the city.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Nate makes a small appearance in Cluttered Sinks... and Nate/Parker make a brief appearance in A Very, Merry Carter Clan. I'm getting close to releasing Generation 2, but I've been side tracked with other stories, and busy with work so I haven't written as much. I also played for awhile in Gen 2 before my game was corrupted, sadly, and I am re-setting things back up. Joseph and Lizzie show up more often in other stories than the kids as of now, but that'll change soon. I hope. :)

Nate looks more like Lizzie in features grown up.

@LegacySims2017 Yes he does. He inherited her skin detail. 😊 I think Joey Jr. looks a lot like Joseph. Parker is a mix, even if she has Lizzie's red hair.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited May 2020
    nevermind I wasn't looking hard enouch
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @LegacySims2017 Yes he does. He inherited her skin detail. 😊 I think Joey Jr. looks a lot like Joseph. Parker is a mix, even if she has Lizzie's red hair.

I've only seen a side view of Joey Jr, but I believe you. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • miwa09miwa09 Posts: 373 Member
    Hi! I started translating my Build Newcrest Challenge in English, and just posted the first chapter! Feel free to check it out and leave a comment!
    Link here.
    My updating schedule is irregular for now, but I may set a regular schedule later on.
    I had to re-make the residential school for my SimLit

built in the works:
    QNCXM97.png

back:
    tbe0X0N.png

"mess hall"
    01Iu8vW.png

"School room"
    bBNc2cY.png

kitchen
    IkaVM7L.png

the "hosptial" room
    G33P2ob.png

more or less the finished product:
    7jccdfx.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I've got three posts going up tomorrow. I somehow managed to choose to play three of my Monday release stories in a row xD didn't even notice until I wrote them and went to schedule the posting.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited June 2020
    Shadami wrote: »
    I've got three posts going up tomorrow. I somehow managed to choose to play three of my Monday release stories in a row xD didn't even notice until I wrote them and went to schedule the posting.

Congrats! I didn't manage to do much writing but I did play the game a bit, and prep for some upcoming stories of mine.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    It's pretty amazing I have three since I haven't done much of anything over the last year xD so thank you!!!
    <3 also the fourth of my Monday releases is the DND adventure which I also have almost complete. So I'm kind of just like... Lol. I apparently was in a Monday Mood.
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    Hi! I'm a new "Sims" writer and I'm thinking about creating a family (in the Sims 4) and writing a story about them. I have written short stories and had many failed attempts at creating chapter books...

Do you have any advice on creating stories about Sims?
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi there @gallerysims4! Welcome to SimLit writing! Are you looking for advice on story direction, challenges or just general writing advice? I'll just plop two general advice that have been given to me by the sim community :blush:

1. Don't critique your own work. Let your readers decide.
    - Writers tend to have too self-critical lenses and nitpick where others wouldn't.
    2. If you're lost on what to write. Let your game run and observe your sims.

Happy writing and simming! :smile:
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    Thank you so much, @mercuryfoam !!

I will create a Google Blogspot page for it soon!
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I've been thinking of starting my own thread for the stories I've been posting in the 'What Have You Been Doing Today' discussion. I would want to start with the first post I've posted there and just post everything I've written so far in there, but would that be considered spamming if I did it right after each other? I don't want to accumulate too much of a backlog in writing, since I have been writing so much lately.
    Hi! I'm a new "Sims" writer and I'm thinking about creating a family (in the Sims 4) and writing a story about them. I have written short stories and had many failed attempts at creating chapter books...

Write. Just write.

I've been trying to finish a book for years. Get it published . Have an income. It's not working. I critique myself hard and nitpick my way through edit after edit.

I found Sims lots a couple years ago now and I thought... Hey. I love this! I want to write and share my Sims stories too! So I did. And I just happened to start with an isbi challenge and just wrote. Didn't spell check. Didn't edit. Picked a selection of screenshots I had taken and decided they would be one post. Then I put words to it. Hit publish and shared the link.

I was shocked how many people actually enjoyed my stream of conscious story. XD and been writing sim lits sense.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member

Hi! =D If you're new to the Sims storytelling, just have fun with it at first! Don't worry too much, and just write what comes up in your head. The more you practice, the better you'll become at writing. =)

If you're looking to improve your pictures, there's a tool called Pose Player that you can use to make your sims take on various poses, if the normal animations in the game just don't cut it. It takes a bit of set-up, but the results can be really cool!

Hope it helps, and have fun writing. Cheers!

J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top