Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    kins619 wrote: »
    > @CathyTea said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hi, @kins619 ! I am currently reading several TS2 stories. I love them. There's never a guarantee you'll get readers. For me, personally, trying to get them or making my creative decisions around readership doesn't work. I've got to follow the fun, the curiosity, and the discovery. Reading your post, it sounds like you want to follow your heart and your love and you're looking for someone to tell you to go for it and to encourage you to do what you really want.
    >
    > So, I say, Go for it!

Thank you Cathy! Where are you finding TS2 stories?

@kins619 Hiya, Kins! Here are the TS2 stories I'm reading. I love each of them very much!

Millwood - https://retromaisie.wordpress.com/

After the Stormz - https://afterthestormz.wordpress.com/

Simdale Valley Post - http://www.simdalevalleypost.com/

I've been following these writers since 2014! Two of them also do TS4 stories.

Happy reading!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    This was in an earlier comment, but I moved it to a new one because it's really its own thing.

I do have one idea that may be coming soon. It's a revival of an old story that never got past chapter one – now with 100% more Sulani and curved stairs! I want to see if you can guess what it is. I'll give you a hint – it's a post from 2016 that featured Game-Aware Sims and a full household. The first person to figure it out will get a permanent cameo slot in the new story! Don't worry, everyone else will also have a chance to have their sims featured temporarily.

OK! I'm going to guess Denorthe! https://insanesims.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/denorthe/

It's not the one I was originally thinking of--that one had more than one chapter. BUT! It is a chapter that I loved very much, so I'm hoping I'm right! XD

Alas, it is not Denorthe – the story I'm thinking of features a full household of eight sims. However, since no-one else seems to be taking me up on this, I'm just gonna say that guesses are unlimited.

Also, were you thinking about the Lujans? I miss them! Sigh... my first foray into SimsLit. I still have their save around, though the rescued townies are gone now. Nobody wanted to take them. I did save one sim – Kaylin Wing, an ex-gardener, became a Teen, got a younger sibling, and still hangs out on my Gallery.

Maybe I should revive the Lujans! I was going to do a sort of legacy with them, you know? I really love the writing style – it's not something I've done recently, but writing dialogue for yourself is so fun! I actually named my blog after them: the idea was a legacy of Insane sims, hence InsaneSims.

What do you think? Should I bring back the Lujans?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey everyone. I'm slowly working on the next chapter of BL. :) How is everyone's writing going?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @Bugsie2016 I wrote and posted three chapters this week one on Friday and one on Saturday. But I'm a little too busy at the moment to do writing today since I'm praticing for my presentation tomorrow at my day-program about ASL
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited September 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Bugsie2016 I wrote and posted three chapters this week one on Friday and one on Saturday. But I'm a little too busy at the moment to do writing today since I'm praticing for my presentation tomorrow at my day-program about ASL

@MadameLee good luck for tomorrow <3

@Bugsie2016 Feeling better since yesterday I got out my 2nd chapter, today I;m working on my 3rd one, I;m taking full advantage of feeling up to writing again, as much s yesterday felt like walking through knee-high sludge uphill.
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • Options

@MadameLee good luck for tomorrow <3

@Bugsie2016 Feeling better since yesterday I got out my 2nd chapter, today I;m working on my 3rd one, I;m taking full advantage of feeling up to writing again, as much s yesterday felt like walking through knee-high sludge uphill.

@IvoryButterfly thanks!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    This was in an earlier comment, but I moved it to a new one because it's really its own thing.

I do have one idea that may be coming soon. It's a revival of an old story that never got past chapter one – now with 100% more Sulani and curved stairs! I want to see if you can guess what it is. I'll give you a hint – it's a post from 2016 that featured Game-Aware Sims and a full household. The first person to figure it out will get a permanent cameo slot in the new story! Don't worry, everyone else will also have a chance to have their sims featured temporarily.

OK! I'm going to guess Denorthe! https://insanesims.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/denorthe/

It's not the one I was originally thinking of--that one had more than one chapter. BUT! It is a chapter that I loved very much, so I'm hoping I'm right! XD

Alas, it is not Denorthe – the story I'm thinking of features a full household of eight sims. However, since no-one else seems to be taking me up on this, I'm just gonna say that guesses are unlimited.

Also, were you thinking about the Lujans? I miss them! Sigh... my first foray into SimsLit. I still have their save around, though the rescued townies are gone now. Nobody wanted to take them. I did save one sim – Kaylin Wing, an ex-gardener, became a Teen, got a younger sibling, and still hangs out on my Gallery.

Maybe I should revive the Lujans! I was going to do a sort of legacy with them, you know? I really love the writing style – it's not something I've done recently, but writing dialogue for yourself is so fun! I actually named my blog after them: the idea was a legacy of Insane sims, hence InsaneSims.

Yes, I was thinking of the Lujans! I really love them. There was another I was thinking of, too....

Guess I'll head back to your blog when I get a chance and see what other gems I uncover! XD

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    *pokes Cathytea* what do you think about me doing a presentation tomorrow on ASL at my program?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Yes, I was thinking of the Lujans! I really love them. There was another I was thinking of, too....

Guess I'll head back to your blog when I get a chance and see what other gems I uncover! XD

I'll give you a hint – when you thought of the Lujans, you were pretty close... ;)
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    *pokes Cathytea* what do you think about me doing a presentation tomorrow on ASL at my program?

I think it's a really good topic, and I think you will do a wonderful job! I wish I could be there for it.

• Options
    I've got my first chapter of my new series, Thruhiker!

This is the blog of young woman who hikes the cross country trail from the southeast corner of the Sims continent (Willow Springs) to the northwest corner (Brindleton Bay).

I've been inspired by a blog I'm reading by a woman who's hiking the Pacific Crest Trail--her blog's actually become a special interest of mine.

And I'm so enthusiastic that I wanted to write my own story like this. So I'm setting a Sim on a journey!

I'm excited about it because I'll get to visit all the neighborhoods in what I consider continental Simland. Super fun!

Anyway, here's the first chapter: Thruhiker: Day 0

• Options

I'll give you a hint – when you thought of the Lujans, you were pretty close... ;)

OK! I think I've got it! https://insanesims.wordpress.com/category/mckennas-refugee-center/

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I'm slowly working on the next chapter of BL. :) How is everyone's writing going?

well the romance guru upset both noel and lauren by saying they were doomed. so there currently seperated. but somehow had another kid anyway so maybe the guru doesn't know everything. i want either noel or lauren to give me a sign they want back in the same house then i'll undo it.

but maybe the saying absence makes the heart grow fonder is true.
  • Options

OK! I think I've got it! https://insanesims.wordpress.com/category/mckennas-refugee-center/

Yay! You got it! The new story will be a Sulani revival of the Townie Refugee center. It will no longer focus solely on townies but will accept character submissions from people on these fine forums – after all, DTS is no longer the severe problem it once was. Instead, McKenna's new Sulani location will serve as a sort of self-improvement retreat where sims can come to better themselves, in groups or solo.
    @CathyTea , I will message you about details regarding your cameo slot. I had a sneaking suspicion you'd get it – you've been following me longer than anyone else. Thanks for taking up my little challenge!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options

Yay! You got it! The new story will be a Sulani revival of the Townie Refugee center. It will no longer focus solely on townies but will accept character submissions from people on these fine forums – after all, DTS is no longer the severe problem it once was. Instead, McKenna's new Sulani location will serve as a sort of self-improvement retreat where sims can come to better themselves, in groups or solo.
    @CathyTea , I will message you about details regarding your cameo slot. I had a sneaking suspicion you'd get it – you've been following me longer than anyone else. Thanks for taking up my little challenge!

Yay! Awesome, awesome, awesome! I will love to hang out with your Sims! :)

• Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    edited September 2019
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    @CathyTea *pokes* you didn't answer my question

I agree with @rednenemon . Sagebear for the win!

@CathyTea I mean from your own stories..

I'd definitely nominate Sugar Bough from Cathy's stories - hands down! She is skilled in almost everything and actually cheated Death many times!

Of her own volition, even! A "glitch" allowed sims with the Glutton trait to autonomously drink potions of youth – so our lovely Sugar Maple did just that!

Wait, did they fix that?

I believe they did, unfortunately.

Nooooo!

ACTUALLY, WHILE I'M THINKING ABOUT IT. I came up with a very... interesting version of the Legacy Challenge and want to start a story for it... but the problem is... it involves a bit of "torture" in a sense that you must do to your sims. I'm just too nice to do it! So, I was hoping one of you would like to do it. Just let me know, and I'll message you the details. Thanks!
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

I'd definitely nominate Sugar Bough from Cathy's stories - hands down! She is skilled in almost everything and actually cheated Death many times!

Of her own volition, even! A "glitch" allowed sims with the Glutton trait to autonomously drink potions of youth – so our lovely Sugar Maple did just that!

Wait, did they fix that?

Nooooo!

ACTUALLY, WHILE I'M THINKING ABOUT IT. I came up with a very... interesting version of the Legacy Challenge and want to start a story for it... but the problem is... it involves a bit of "torture" in a sense that you must do to your sims. I'm just too nice to do it! So, I was hoping one of you would like to do it. Just let me know, and I'll message you the details. Thanks!

You could let me know what you have in mind and I could try it when I have the time. Just a little busy with some projects of my own. :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    my ASL presentation went well yesterday!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member

Woo! Well done!
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options

Woo! Well done!

@lillibattenberg thanks! I'm making a checklist for when I'm away people can check it off
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Hello, writers! I live! I have been obsessively working on my SimLit Spirit Guardian and I am very happy to say I have update number two for this month!

Now if I can just keep up the momentum... Come check in with Meg.

Episode 7 :So It's True...
    episode-7-banner.png?w=1462

As always constructive criticisms and comments are welcomed!
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    A factious question.. if you had to protect a bunch of storybook characters in a fantasy world... who would you recruit from either your Sim Stories OR your other writing to help you with an army?
    A factious question.. if you had to protect a bunch of storybook characters in a fantasy world... who would you recruit from either your Sim Stories OR your other writing to help you with an army?

The cast of @simscognito's Friends of Foes is familiar with fighting, so maybe them? hehe :)
    Most of the SimLit I write/read doesn't involve violence, so I'm not sure how useful they'd be in an army.

it has to be your own work (fan fiction included)..not anyone else's. like @simscognito could recruit FoF characters. and @squirrelwithacup could sort of recruit characters from NightShade.

@MadameLee Since you mentioned me recruiting I might as well...

From my own, I'm definitely recruiting Amelia and Onyx. As for anyone else's story... Meg from @TheAemaSimming's Spirit Guardian may come in handy.

I was going to say from my own SimLit that I would definitely recruit Meg...(Thanks @squirrelwithacup for the vote of confidence) though a little further into the story then she currently is... She needs a little more training with her abilities. :sweat_smile: Otherwise... in line with the current ROM addition, I would probably want to recruit Gwendolyn Farr, my half-fae, half-witchling from a *long ago* Harry Potter fanfiction. Magic for the win.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

The cast of @simscognito's Friends of Foes is familiar with fighting, so maybe them? hehe :)
    Most of the SimLit I write/read doesn't involve violence, so I'm not sure how useful they'd be in an army.

it has to be your own work (fan fiction included)..not anyone else's. like @simscognito could recruit FoF characters. and @squirrelwithacup could sort of recruit characters from NightShade.

@MadameLee Since you mentioned me recruiting I might as well...

From my own, I'm definitely recruiting Amelia and Onyx. As for anyone else's story... Meg from @TheAemaSimming's Spirit Guardian may come in handy.

I was going to say from my own SimLit that I would definitely recruit Meg...(Thanks @squirrelwithacup for the vote of confidence) though a little further into the story then she currently is... She needs a little more training with her abilities. :sweat_smile: Otherwise... in line with the current ROM addition, I would probably want to recruit Gwendolyn Farr, my half-fae, half-witchling from a *long ago* Harry Potter fanfiction. Magic for the win.

I just caught up in the story. I had started to read it before but I had forgotten. It's very good. I wrote a fan-fic once which combines Disney songs with HP characters..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member

Wait, did they fix that?

Nooooo!

You could let me know what you have in mind and I could try it when I have the time. Just a little busy with some projects of my own. :)

I'll PM you! Thanks!
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member

Ummm...That's a fun question, @MadameLee! From my own story, I'd say Trixie she isn't magical but she can definetly kick some magical butt B) And Tad from @RipuAncestor 's Chrysanthemum Tango's, since he is pretty much death itself, soooo there's no way you can go wrong with that. :wink: I'm not sure if it's cheating since he is highly OP Lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top