Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    I forgot to say this yesterday but Happy birthday @MadameLee and I hope you had a great day. :)
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    Ooooo I'm waiting for Sims 4 to boot up after buying Island Living. So excited! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

@Pinmat135 eee hope you enjoy the expansion pack. :blush:
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I forgot to say this yesterday but Happy birthday @MadameLee and I hope you had a great day. :)
    Ooooo I'm waiting for Sims 4 to boot up after buying Island Living. So excited! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

@Pinmat135 eee hope you enjoy the expansion pack. :blush:

did you get it cog? i know bugsie did cause she was in the second timezone. and torturing me.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    have a story question why would two characters who thought they're in love "not click" after awhile? All I got is the boy went to a all-boys boarding school while the girl was literally a slave in her Foster sister's home for the Foster Step family
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    edited June 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »
    have a story question why would two characters who thought they're in love "not click" after awhile? All I got is the boy went to a all-boys boarding school while the girl was literally a slave in her Foster sister's home for the Foster Step family
    Sounds like while they were (physically) apart, they had dramatically different and life changing experiences. They could have grown up/developed as people and now the other just doesn't seem to "get it". Sounds like the girl went through a pretty rough time with the guy was having fun with his bros lol.

Edited to add: Maybe the boy complains about boarding school and the girl gets fed up because boarding school would be awesome in comparison to slavery? :sweat_smile:
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Sounds like while they were (physically) apart, they had dramatically different and life changing experiences. They could have grown up/developed as people and now the other just doesn't seem to "get it". Sounds like the girl went through a pretty rough time with the guy was having fun with his bros lol.

Edited to add: Maybe the boy complains about boarding school and the girl gets fed up because boarding school would be awesome in comparison to slavery? :sweat_smile:

@Morningstar I decided that the one (the boy) is busy learning the ropes of how to run the kingdom (meetings, etc) well the girl is busy learning the duties of being a princess and possible Queen consort. (and the boy has an issue with the palace so except for the night they meet when ever he's inside the palace he's a "Stone column" vs elsewhere)
    6adMCGP.gif
    I was at a friend's birthday party (20 years my senior) and then Mom and I caught Toy Story 4 right afterwards and them had Tim Horton's for supper
    6adMCGP.gif
  • godessofblitzgodessofblitz Posts: 12 New Member
    what a great thread. fun to read and check out :)
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    I just had this awesome story idea (well, mostly just a title and 3 sentences :lol:). It's called "Old Friends, New Foes". Just from that title I get a million ideas of how the story could go. I have an (vague) idea picked out, though... Can't wait to get to work on it!
    I'm terrible at commitment to my stories. I have a new story idea and then I go I'm sorry, what other story?
    so for anyone in my generation when you have kids if toys show up in one room and you know your kids left them in another room are you going to 1)have a fit (like your parents would have had?) or 2)just not bat an eye about it and just assume the toy has a reason for being there because of growing up on Toy Story movies?
    6adMCGP.gif
    I have Prince James and Selene (his bethroed) eat out but everytime they order their food gets taken away by one of 3 people. James barley got a bite of chili before someone took his food awhile.
    wnis1ZR.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hello I am a little back at writing in English to catch up with my ts4 story I started and share my idea in French in my simblr

The Missfortune of Miss V : Mélissa is at Home
    The Misfortune of Miss V : First Step in the Police part 1
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Sul Sul, Sulani! An entry from the logbook of a grad student named Erika Oba has washed ashore on the beaches... what could it contain?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    New Chapter.
    Chapter 43
    D90Ye6kWsAASw4t.jpg
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Sul Sul, Sulani! An entry from the logbook of a grad student named Erika Oba has washed ashore on the beaches... what could it contain?

An intriguing description, @Xantheanmar. I enjoyed the entry.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited June 2019
    I'm trying to make a banner for Old Friends, New Foes. I'd like to make it interesting and unique. As in, more interesting and unique than my Finding a Claim to Fame banner. If you don't know what it looks like, here it is:
    Finding-AClaim-To-Fame.jpg
    The story will include magic, mystery, adventure, and action (just some general themes that will be reflected in it). Any tips for making a good banner or suggestions based on the description ("Keira London was living her best life with her boyfriend until she caught him cheating on her. This one simple event sets off the butterfly effect and soon Keira finds herself thrust into a world she never knew existed. As she races to find her way home, will she ever be the same?")? That would be awesome, thanks.
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    Hey, so I've been writing this glorified fanfiction for something like 2, maybe 3 years now, and finally got the guts to upload it a couple of months ago. Trouble is, it's got a readership of maybe five people and I crave validation. Here's the welcome page.
    Jacob_Banner.png
    Hey, so I've been writing this glorified fanfiction for something like 2, maybe 3 years now, and finally got the guts to upload it a couple of months ago. Trouble is, it's got a readership of maybe five people and I crave validation. Here's the welcome page.

Your stories seem pretty great! The layout of the website is a bit confusing, though. I'm following your site now! :smiley:
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Fun story, Lilli! @lillibattenberg !

There's a Tony Corleonesi thread somewhere on these forums... you might want to post a link to your story there, so all the Meatballs fans can follow!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member

Your stories seem pretty great! The layout of the website is a bit confusing, though. I'm following your site now! :smiley:

Thanks! Yeah, it's not the greatest. I've tried to mitigate that with the Home page, though - it has all the chapters in order. Additionally, the little arrows at the bottom are generally (I think entirely so far) pointing to the right chapter.
    Jacob_Banner.png

Thanks! Yeah, it's not the greatest. I've tried to mitigate that with the Home page, though - it has all the chapters in order. Additionally, the little arrows at the bottom are generally (I think entirely so far) pointing to the right chapter.

Yes, as far as I can tell they definitely point in the right order.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    one of alana and rylans neighbors caught their house on fire while they were at work.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top