Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hi, everyone! Lately, I've been hearing a few reports of some online interactions in other sections of the forums and in PMs that have been making people feel uncomfortable or not safe, so I thought it's probably a good time for a few friendly reminders here in our Writers' Lounge.

We've been conscientious about creating a safer, friendly, and supportive community here on this thread--let's keep it up!

A few good guidelines to remember can be found on the first post of this thread and on the Forum Rules - Do's and Dont's.

I also found some really good tips online:

10 Tips for Setting Boundaries Online from psychcentral

and 8 Boundaries Every Online Relationship Needs.

Remembering not to share personal information and to respect your own sense of what feels OK and what feels off can be great guidelines to keep you feeling safer.

Again, we're doing great here on this thread! Let's continue!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Happy birthday @friendsfan367 :smiley:

I think I've had as much fun on @friendsfan367 's birthday as she has! Remember that year we did that big old party for her, complete with its own thread?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Hello everyone! I'm letting you all know that I've moved Nightshade: A Simlit from Tumblr to blogspot. It can now be found here!

@Cathytea Please update my simlit link on the members list to the new location if you wouldn't mind. Thank you! :)

Updated! :)

• BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

I think I've had as much fun on @friendsfan367 's birthday as she has! Remember that year we did that big old party for her, complete with its own thread?

Perhaps we should bring it back :)
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm letting you all know that I've moved Nightshade: A Simlit from Tumblr to blogspot. It can now be found here!

@Cathytea Please update my simlit link on the members list to the new location if you wouldn't mind. Thank you! :)

Updated! :)

Thank you! :)
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

thats the one where you started without me. lol. but i loved the thought. i still have to go through the thread and thank people.

Perhaps we should bring it back :)

you want me to age all year. lol. kidding. i teased brian tonight because hes still older.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Just stopping by to say Sul Sul ... hope everyone is having a FAB summer!

JNVladU.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Opinions – Klara or Clara for a story set in SimGermany?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Take the time you need. ^^ I'm sure the writer's block will clear up when you're ready. I know mine goes through phases.

Though someone help me xD I need a good title for my Murkland story. right now i've just got it titled as Murkland. lame. xD

Oh, I think "Murkland Lame" is quite a great title!

Or... how about "Murklame!"

LOL!

It's fun, huh? I was reading @lisabee2 's Murkland the other day, and it got me itching to get back to mine. Mine had a climate change theme to it, and I sort of got scared/depressed/anxious around that theme when I was writing this last summer. Currently, I haven't much time to play Sims, so I can barely keep up with the other active stories, but I'm thinking about Murkland because it is so much fun to play! :)

Are you using your SimSelf in it, @Shadami ?

Murkland Lame is an awesome name for it @Shadami and @CathyTea I would love to read about your murky attempts to conquer Murkland <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Hi everyone, happy timezones!

I have an update from my second story, Clockwork Kingdoms Revisited. Haven't updated this one in a while, me and my roomie are both lazy haha...
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member

Both are fine, because the name comes from the Latin word clarus. I think Klara is the traditional german spelling, though. :smile:
    Hello everyone, today I have an update for Nightshade, chapter 3, which you can read here: http://nightshadesimlit.blogspot.com/2018/08/nightshade-simlit-chapter-3-drastic.html
    37oYgl3.png
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    @Munterbacon I love this idea, but I fear the event I want to write about is just too brief to make a short story on its own. To write a short story about it, I would have to go more in depth with this side character and it would probably turned into a mini-series :smiley: Still, I might give it a go, so thanks you for the advice.

@BlackUndecimber Your questions made me question absolutely everything! Now I'm not even sure if the protagonist will find out, ever. :lol: What you said about not having a narrator at all is interesting, but I'm not sure if I would be able to pull it off, since english is basically my third language. Are there any guides online?

And @CathyTea thank you for your kind words. As you know, my storyline is usually very simple and sim-driven, that's why I'm not too keen to switch POV. Maybe I could tell it through screenshots only, no narration...

Thank you everyone for your insight, I have a lot to think about but you helped with the most important part - inspiration! :blush:

@Munterbacon I love this idea, but I fear the event I want to write about is just too brief to make a short story on its own. To write a short story about it, I would have to go more in depth with this side character and it would probably turned into a mini-series :smiley: Still, I might give it a go, so thanks you for the advice.

@BlackUndecimber Your questions made me question absolutely everything! Now I'm not even sure if the protagonist will find out, ever. :lol: What you said about not having a narrator at all is interesting, but I'm not sure if I would be able to pull it off, since english is basically my third language. Are there any guides online?

And @CathyTea thank you for your kind words. As you know, my storyline is usually very simple and sim-driven, that's why I'm not too keen to switch POV. Maybe I could tell it through screenshots only, no narration...

Thank you everyone for your insight, I have a lot to think about but you helped with the most important part - inspiration! :blush:

sometimes trying new things is good for expanding your creativity. the benders went from light comedy to drama and i was scared mostly that my readers would hate it. but no one did. well once. passionate readers can be fun though it means their interested.

the passionate reader was cathtea.

jesand cathtea switched places this time i had a supring thing happen now cathea comments positively and jes is probably gonna strangle me.

one of her last comments was i don't like this one bit. so readers can suprise you.

i wasn't here part of yesterday because of my birthday. so i just saw this.
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member

As a German I can say Klara is more common as Clara is the English version :)
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    @BlackUndecimber that is a beautiful screenshot!! What photo editor do you use?
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    edited August 2018
    For anyone who read my latest story "Juntas", read it again – I ran it by someone who speaks better Spanish and made a lot of corrections.

Speaking of corrections, I'm gonna need some language help with my latest story. I cleverly decided to make the main character speak mainly German, a language I do not speak in any way, shape, or form. If any German speakers want to take pity on me and help, I would be very grateful. (It's gonna be a really fun story, and by fun I mean it deals with families fighting around the holidays.)

Edit: Also I made the character Klara and not Clara. (She's the main chara re: above who speaks mostly German. Whee...)
    41tidg8.jpg
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey! Anyone familiar with CC making? I know..this is a writing circle but I'm the type of person who only visits here and my tumblr dash. xD

Hmm, I'm not sure about guides, but if you look up 'third person omniscient narrator' there may be examples.
    I started reading your legacy yesterday, and it's so fun :) I'm looking forward to catching up!
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    @BlackUndecimber that is a beautiful screenshot!! What photo editor do you use?

Thank you! Photo editing is so fun and satisfying.
    The program I use is Paint Tool Sai, which is more of a drawing tool than a photo editor. Not ideal, but I could never get the hang of Photoshop xD
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Shadami wrote: »
    Take the time you need. ^^ I'm sure the writer's block will clear up when you're ready. I know mine goes through phases.

Though someone help me xD I need a good title for my Murkland story. right now i've just got it titled as Murkland. lame. xD

Oh, I think "Murkland Lame" is quite a great title!

Or... how about "Murklame!"

LOL!

It's fun, huh? I was reading @lisabee2 's Murkland the other day, and it got me itching to get back to mine. Mine had a climate change theme to it, and I sort of got scared/depressed/anxious around that theme when I was writing this last summer. Currently, I haven't much time to play Sims, so I can barely keep up with the other active stories, but I'm thinking about Murkland because it is so much fun to play! :)

Are you using your SimSelf in it, @Shadami ?

Murkland Lame is an awesome name for it @Shadami and @CathyTea I would love to read about your murky attempts to conquer Murkland <3

XD I didn't end up going with the name but it's cute huh? :) Hmm I need to add it to my signature at some point. I meant to get a part out every day this August but I had some computer and WordPress issues
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Hey! Anyone familiar with CC making? I know..this is a writing circle but I'm the type of person who only visits here and my tumblr dash. xD

While I figure this out myself, I feel like making banners but I only need to update one! :lol:
  • ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Hello! I'd like to formally introduce myself... I'm Chrinnie :smiley:

I was reading through some signatures to see some SimLit then I was pointed to this thread. Wow, you guys love to write and I love to read, so I hope to be able to read through all your stories as best I can. It just feels very daunting to start several generations into someone else's story because I don't know the characters or the "flow" of the story, but it also feels just as daunting to start at the beginning and try to catch up. I do hope to be able to do that, though.

I also started my own "Legacy" Story: The Alvarez Chronicles. I love feedback and do take constructive criticism well, so if you do want to critic I am all ears. I'd love to improve!

Happy Simming!
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    Hello! I'd like to formally introduce myself... I'm Chrinnie :smiley:

I was reading through some signatures to see some SimLit then I was pointed to this thread. Wow, you guys love to write and I love to read, so I hope to be able to read through all your stories as best I can. It just feels very daunting to start several generations into someone else's story because I don't know the characters or the "flow" of the story, but it also feels just as daunting to start at the beginning and try to catch up. I do hope to be able to do that, though.

I also started my own "Legacy" Story: The Alvarez Chronicles. I love feedback and do take constructive criticism well, so if you do want to critic I am all ears. I'd love to improve!

Happy Simming!

Welcome to the lounge @Chrinnie! I'll definitely check out your legacy when I get the chance!
    37oYgl3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top