Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Happy timezones everyone! I have a day off today, so decided to pop in to say hello. :)
    I like your question, @IchigoUsagi! It's a hard one to answer though. The most interesting would be Alondra from my Project L.E.G.A.C.Y. series (her point of view is really different and unique), but the easiest to write for is Aster from my Build Newcrest story. He's just a sweetheart all round, and a very encouraging guy.

@eXokamikaze Hi! How are you?

I like Alondra, too! In fact, I really love your legacy! :)

you still didn't say which of YOUR characters is your favorite or whatever the question was.

thank you piggy i got sis back for laughing at me.lol. and i still don't know who sage is.

You're being ignored today @friendsfan367? :p Oh come on, I have to tease you at some point. :D

i thought we tease bugsie.

But Bugsie's not here. Let's call it Lord Of The Flies.

i know bugsie isn't here so i'm picking n cathtea. i think she started it. :)
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Happy timezones everyone! I have a day off today, so decided to pop in to say hello. :)
    I like your question, @IchigoUsagi! It's a hard one to answer though. The most interesting would be Alondra from my Project L.E.G.A.C.Y. series (her point of view is really different and unique), but the easiest to write for is Aster from my Build Newcrest story. He's just a sweetheart all round, and a very encouraging guy.

you still didn't say which of YOUR characters is your favorite or whatever the question was.

thank you piggy i got sis back for laughing at me.lol. and i still don't know who sage is.

You're being ignored today @friendsfan367? :p Oh come on, I have to tease you at some point. :D

I have to say, if I was CathyTea with all those characters and stories, I'd find it pretty difficult to choose a favourite character.

I have to say, if I was CathyTea with all those characters and stories, I'd find it pretty difficult to choose a favourite character.

i think the reason she can't answer the question of the day is because their all well written thought out chraters. me i just write cathtea goes deep . its probably harder if you write that way.

i think the reason she can't answer the question of the day is because their all well written thought out chraters. me i just write cathtea goes deep . its probably harder if you write that way.

Yep I agree. It's like choosing a favourite among children.

i chose a favorite child. ayden. hes my favorite because i wrote but i wasn't a writer. he turned me in to one.

i chose a favorite child. ayden. hes my favorite because i wrote but i wasn't a writer. he turned me in to one.

Yes I know you have a favourite child. :D It gets to Ayden's head sometimes, I bet. ;)

Yes I know you have a favourite child. :D It gets to Ayden's head sometimes, I bet. ;)

at one point when my game broke i tried starting fresh even made a new couple. ayden got in my head and said "what about me"?

at one point when my game broke i tried starting fresh even made a new couple. ayden got in my head and said "what about me"?

Sounds like Ayden. :D
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

Ah. Well. Hmmm....

I really love to write from Septemus Sevens' perspective. I think, oddly enough, that his perspective is closest aligned to my current perspective. Mallory's perspective is probably closest to my perspective when I was in my early through late 20s, and Sept's (though he's quite young) is actually very closely aligned to my present perspective.

It's also super fun to write from Freezer Bunny Wolff Tea (aka Free-Jon aka Free aka Jon-Jon).
    And now he has a little sister, so it will be fun to write from her perspective! I've got a feeling she's a smart one!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Ah. Well. Hmmm....

I really love to write from Septemus Sevens' perspective. I think, oddly enough, that his perspective is closest aligned to my current perspective. Mallory's perspective is probably closest to my perspective when I was in my early through late 20s, and Sept's (though he's quite young) is actually very closely aligned to my present perspective.

It's also super fun to write from Freezer Bunny Wolff Tea (aka Free-Jon aka Free aka Jon-Jon).
    And now he has a little sister, so it will be fun to write from her perspective! I've got a feeling she's a smart one!

See @friendsfan367 you just had to be patient. XD

@CathyTea those characters sound interesting. So some of your characters sort of echo elements of yourself through different stages of your life? That's an excellent way to write characters as it possibly allows you to connect with your characters on a deeper level.
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Happy birthday, @Pinkslinky! Hope the rest of your year will be a great one!

@CathyTea Aww, thank you for saying so! And you know I love your works too. <3

@friendsfan367 *ninjapig pokes you on the nose with a muddy trotter* You don't have to call me out like that! :wink: I honestly can't choose.

Hoping everyone has awesome days. Am heading out shortly with my dad for now! :)
  • JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Loralee makes an impromptu visit to Newcrest.

cover3.jpg
    Chapter 3.18
  • elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    Hey everyone! I thought I'd start the [insert time of day you're currently experiencing here] off with a question. Which of your sims is your favorite to write? (Whether from their point of view, or just in dialogue.) :)

I haven't really written a lot of people but I really like writing Alex Peoples, my founder. He would be an unlikable character for sure but it just interests me to write about him even more,
    Even though he didn't actually have a "real" character development I love writing his character development who he basically made up himself.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
    edited January 2018
    Hey everyone! I thought I'd start the [insert time of day you're currently experiencing here] off with a question. Which of your sims is your favorite to write? (Whether from their point of view, or just in dialogue.) :)

For the Keen Legacy, definitely Rose (and no contest up to this point). I love writing for people who say one thing and mean another (liars, I guess?) With Rose, it cracks me up that she works so hard to put on this facade of pleasantness while masking her emotions so that nobody will know how she really feels. It's the same reason I love writing for Aunt Nancy in We Belong to the Song, because she's a similar case - says one thing and means another (though she's a bit more malevolent than Rose is...)

The other thing I like writing are people who think they're smarter than they are (read: Wendy).

@superkyle221
    Rose's chapter is definitely the most fun character I've read in the Keens.
    I love the double diary stuff, every time she talks in your story I always wonder what she thinks on the other side of her. Definitely, a really interesting character didn't really want generation 2 to end.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy time zones all! There's a blood moon out tonight, and it looks really lovely. Couldn't take a good shot of it with my phone, so I just looked at it.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Were you able to see the super blood harvest moon lunar eclipse a couple years ago @pronterus ? It was amazing. But yeah impossible to get pictures of xD
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Hey everyone. :) I hope you're having a good [insert whatever time you're currently experiencing here]! I'm about to build ( :sweat_smile: well, not so much build as redecorate a house already existing in-game) the last location I need for chapter one! I'm almost at the point where I can take some screenshots and I'm super excited!
    yay1 i look forward to reading it ^^. I'm struggling through making some sims for my story.
    edited January 2018
    Shadami wrote: »
    Were you able to see the super blood harvest moon lunar eclipse a couple years ago @pronterus ? It was amazing. But yeah impossible to get pictures of xD

I know you're not asking me, but I just looked at the moon and it was indeed lovely.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    Shadami wrote: »
    yay1 i look forward to reading it ^^. I'm struggling through making some sims for my story.

@Shadami Oh, fun! :) I really enjoy making sims- especially when I have a character in mind for them. A lot of the time I'll use reference photos for the basic facial structure and general features, and then I go back in and tweak the sim to make sure it fits the character. What part of making them are you struggling with? :o
    Well, I wanted to get them how i pictures them when i wrote the story. Which is rather difficult. Height is a problem for this. but oh well. xD
    So... with encouragement from @IchigoUsagi and @simscognito I got the first bit of my sims-nano screencapped and posted.
    With no fancy title image
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    So how would you explain to somehow about how in the game itself your sims birth and raise children?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    So how would you explain to somehow about how in the game itself your sims birth and raise children?

I'd probably just say that it's a game that simulates life. You could go into more detail, but I feel like most people would understand with that.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

@IchigoUsagi I know this question was asked a few pages back, but I thought I'd give it a swing. My absolute favorite character to write should come as no surprise to those of you who read my stories. Kassiopeia Fullbright. I really have a unique bonding experience with this Sim, and it's especially exciting for me as I'm revising KCLKF as we speak. Kass is like a younger version of myself, making it easy to just flow with her train of thoughts, ways of speaking, and her intonations.

In terms of characters in other stories, I enjoy writing dialogue between Kass and Brendon in I&S (and again in KFLL, which will inevitably get a bit of a makeover also). They have a fun, snarky friendship full of quick wit and intriguing banter.

I also enjoy writing scenes between Gage and Constance in From Riverview, With Love, mostly because of Constance' love of reading.

It's harder to pick for Colt Family Traitacy, but I'd have to say I enjoy writing Dennis, especially when he's deep in thought, although Sinbad and Lolly are pretty adorable. I just really want to root for Dennis... and Sinbad and Lolly.

Darkness May Dream is a bit tricky because it's told almost exclusively from Cora Mae's perspective, but I did have a devilishly delicious sort-of fun with Anamika and Daniel.

And in La Vita Bella, it's almost a no-brainer, Emit Relevart was my personal favorite and a welcome reprieve from the other depressing moments of LVB. I really had to stretch myself to write his dialogue with no contractions in a socially awkward, stilted, and formal and yet endearing kind-of way, but I pulled some inspiration from @RipuAncestor's Tad.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

I'd probably just say that it's a game that simulates life. You could go into more detail, but I feel like most people would understand with that.

I did say the game simulated life but he still didn't get that we have our sims get pregnant and have children who go on to get pregnant and have their own children....
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top