We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    EiraRose wrote: »
    I apologize if people feel targeted by my comment - that wasn't my intention at all! Being emotionally invested in your comment is NOT at all what I meant about people being "borderline mean!" My main issue was I saw people nitpicking a pose or a detail in a sequence as their comment instead of actually providing something meaningful to the conversation. In a way, being passionate isn't mean at all (but I can't speak for anyone, of course, and I certainly didn't "take names" while I read. I just remembered the CONTENT of the comments that bothered me mostly). Being passionate, I'm pretty sure, is perfectly fine! It's when someone NITPICKS at something that's not really related to the STORY but rather to the MAKING of the story - like a pose not working correctly, that boils my blood the most. OR if your comment outwardly calls out a writer and is angry WITH THEM (like legitimately angry, not joking angry because you feel emotional after a chapter) for some reason or another.

@CharmingMaruska @rednenemon and @cecerose0208 - I was more bringing it up not to TARGET people, but rather to draw people's attention so that way we can all work together to fight against comments that are borderline mean on the amazing story @CitizenErased14 puts her effort into! Passionate comments are great - nitpicking comments are the ones I want to fight against! I was just hoping to incite people here that I know read Ashes to Ashes to help "kill those commenters with kindness!" :heart: I think we all agree that Ashes to Ashes is amazing and that the content is awesome, even if sometimes the characters boil our blood (which is even more of a compliment to CitizenErased's writing)!

I really hope I didn't start something, and I apologize if anyone feels offended by my comment. I only wished to draw awareness!

I'm definitely not offended, so no worries from me! I agree that all is well :smile: *group hug*
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,085 Member
    @EiraRose awesome post and clarification ! It can be really helpful to talk about how we comment! I appreciate your bringing this up !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
    Group hugs all around!

@CathyTea I agree! Sometimes we can forget that the writers of other stories are people, too. Especially after your beautiful blogiversary post on how cyberbullying can hurt. :heart: I think we're all a wonderful community here, and that's why I mentioned it. It's hard when you're alone against a group, it's a lot easier when others hold that group accountable too!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    why is your sim falling down?

:# Foreshadowing. ;)

thanks i didn't quote that last night because we were the only 2 here. i figured since yours was the only sim falling down you would know i was talking to you. its a really cool effect. but it was after 10 so i left after asking. i have a wi fi boom box and i try and have it off by 10 so my neighbors don't complain.
  • EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member

thanks i didn't quote that last night because we were the only 2 here. i figured since yours was the only sim falling down you would know i was talking to you. its a really cool effect. but it was after 10 so i left after asking. i have a wi fi boom box and i try and have it off by 10 so my neighbors don't complain.

Hehe, sorry for the vague answer - I just hadn't explained why via the story yet either, and I didn't want to spoil anyone! :smiley:

Hehe, sorry for the vague answer - I just hadn't explained why via the story yet either, and I didn't want to spoil anyone! :smiley:

i understand not wanting to spoil it for readers. but because i typed then ran i wasn't sure how you were going to react.

on the topic of reader reaction doing the same story over and over has the advantage i know how they'll react.

i was teasing sis yesterday about a fight ayden and elsa had last time. this time ayden and elsa fight more because the divorce is still fresh. which means the pain is.
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    I apologize if people feel targeted by my comment - that wasn't my intention at all! Being emotionally invested in your comment is NOT at all what I meant about people being "borderline mean!" My main issue was I saw people nitpicking a pose or a detail in a sequence as their comment instead of actually providing something meaningful to the conversation. In a way, being passionate isn't mean at all (but I can't speak for anyone, of course, and I certainly didn't "take names" while I read. I just remembered the CONTENT of the comments that bothered me mostly). Being passionate, I'm pretty sure, is perfectly fine! It's when someone NITPICKS at something that's not really related to the STORY but rather to the MAKING of the story - like a pose not working correctly, that boils my blood the most. OR if your comment outwardly calls out a writer and is angry WITH THEM (like legitimately angry, not joking angry because you feel emotional after a chapter) for some reason or another.

@CharmingMaruska @rednenemon and @cecerose0208 - I was more bringing it up not to TARGET people, but rather to draw people's attention so that way we can all work together to fight against comments that are borderline mean on the amazing story @CitizenErased14 puts her effort into! Passionate comments are great - nitpicking comments are the ones I want to fight against! I was just hoping to incite people here that I know read Ashes to Ashes to help "kill those commenters with kindness!" :heart: I think we all agree that Ashes to Ashes is amazing and that the content is awesome, even if sometimes the characters boil our blood (which is even more of a compliment to CitizenErased's writing)!

I really hope I didn't start something, and I apologize if anyone feels offended by my comment. I only wished to draw awareness!

@EiraRose No worries! I didn't feel targetted AT ALL! I just realized that I wasn't always kind with my comments and that they could be considered hurtful, so I wanted to clear that out. I've never noticed the type of nitpicking comments you mention actually - as I said, I'm currently not caught up - so I just assumed people were angry about something Harper did. :smile: I'm sorry!

At any rate, all is well and I'll be ready to kill such comments with kindness as you recommend!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,745 Member
    How do I explain to Dad something as simple as the fact Saturday's baseball time got scewed up somehow. So that NEW LEAF will be calling people at HOME about the times
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Happy Timezones!! While I'm preparing for the worst of Hurricane Irma, I finally got the chance to return to SimLit. I come with an update to Eternal Thirst, my Master Vampire Challenge.

In today's installment, Nate turns two more Willow Creek victims into vamps and Eliza fully transformed into a vamp!
    Eternal Thirst Day 4: Two More Victims
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
    sophie is getting some siblings. playing with shanice and devin.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited September 2017
    tenor.gif

Silly phone of mine.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    The latest chapter of After the Wedding is out! Aidyn wants to go to the Humor & Hijinks festival with Darion, but nothing's ever that simple.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,745 Member
    hey guys would it be confusing if I had a picture of the bridegroom of (main character) to be the second-last image (but because the readers will see how the main character is dressed when writing will be confusing? I'm making no sense at all.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    If I'm caught up on my homework, I'll have time to boot up my game tonight and work on my next legacy chapter. Should be fun.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Guys I need you help choosing my heir for one of my stories. Please help me choose because I can't decided for myself :s
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Guys I need you help choosing my heir for one of my stories. Please help me choose because I can't decided for myself :s

Voted! :relaxed:

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,688 Member
    Finally ending the first week of classes. I'm not a teacher like some of you, but I work at a college and the rush hits IT hard too.

Anyways, here's Thu being not a symbol of corporate female empowerment. She's just a...
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,205 Member
    Well, I managed to get my daily morning walk in. And I managed to catch a Crobat and two Magmar on Pokemon Go while doing so. (Translation for those who don't use Pokemon Go: That's really, really good, since a wild Crobat only shows up pretty much once in a blue moon)

Also this, I forgot to post a link to it last night:

Mel's Sixth Letter To Norman
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member

Voted! Tough choice as they are all interesting characters (and so pretty!!) - but at least I won't be too upset if my favourite doesn't win! :smile:
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,085 Member

I voted ! So hard . They're all really interesting . Awesome profiles !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,426 Member
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Happy Timezones, everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. (@rednenemon, congrats on your Pokemon Go catches. :) )

Thanks to Labor Day giving me an extra day off this week, I have 3 new updates in Tranquility Creek to share.

First, Leanna Kauker tries her hand at running the town's new play group: Read Here

Next, Forest and Anna learn about the oddities of Sim genetics: Read Here

And finally, Buzz and Susana Palmer continue to deal with the worst neighbors ever in their apartment: Read Here

I've actually discovered that the toddler playdates are super useful in addition to being cute; since buying the pack, almost every toddler I've had age up has done so with maxed skills just from spending so much time playing and socializing at the park.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Hey folks!

I got another! Rebecca comes by and gets caught up on all the family gossip. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/juliana-chapter-102-family-gossip/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Hey folks!

I got another! Rebecca comes by and gets caught up on all the family gossip. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/juliana-chapter-102-family-gossip/

i'll read in a minute but thats the crib i was looking for i think.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top