We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,084 Member
    Happy blogaversary @CathyTea ! Are you throwing a party this year? :smile:

And to answer your question: What has given you the most satisfaction in your time blogging

The most satisfying thing I've experienced while blogging so far is when readers ask a question about something I desperately wanted to talk about more :smiley: Bliss!
    The second most satisfying thing is when the update turns out exactly like I had it in my head - the mood is right, screenshots fit and I manage to came up with believable-enough dialogue. Granted, it doesn't happen very often :sweat_smile:

And, of course, I cherish the connections I made with like-minded people I met - but I feel that's more because of forums than because of my blog...

I'm not throwing a party... I'm taking a stand against cyberbullying! LOL! (Seriously--that's actually what my three-year blogaversary post is about... I felt shy about posting a link to it here, but a lot of Loungers have already read it, so I guess I might as well... )

I love your answer to the question about what's given you satisfaction! I've found reading your blog really satisfying! It's so deep and beautiful in a quiet way, and I really like all the little meaningful daily moments that happen in it.

I really like the ways that the forum and the blog fit together to form connections--it's like the blogs give us the content for our conversations with each other here. :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Happy Blogaversary! I love the question about satisfaction, but it's a hard one to narrow down and answer :) I have a lot of things that I am grateful for when it comes to blogging :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,688 Member
    Happy 1st of Blogmas to the first wave of TS4 writers.

Satisfaction is having some sort of community because I needed it. Even if it isn't perfect (I've avoided a lot of negative press in spite of being a decently popular writer and a chronic edgelord but there's a lot of unchecked toxicity, cliques, and other nonsense across simmers online everywhere), I felt like I was writing in a vacuum for a while. Vacuums aren't fun.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Happy blogaversary @CathyTea ! Are you throwing a party this year? :smile:

And to answer your question: What has given you the most satisfaction in your time blogging

The most satisfying thing I've experienced while blogging so far is when readers ask a question about something I desperately wanted to talk about more :smiley: Bliss!
    The second most satisfying thing is when the update turns out exactly like I had it in my head - the mood is right, screenshots fit and I manage to came up with believable-enough dialogue. Granted, it doesn't happen very often :sweat_smile:

And, of course, I cherish the connections I made with like-minded people I met - but I feel that's more because of forums than because of my blog...

I'm not throwing a party... I'm taking a stand against cyberbullying! LOL! (Seriously--that's actually what my three-year blogaversary post is about... I felt shy about posting a link to it here, but a lot of Loungers have already read it, so I guess I might as well... )

I love your answer to the question about what's given you satisfaction! I've found reading your blog really satisfying! It's so deep and beautiful in a quiet way, and I really like all the little meaningful daily moments that happen in it.

I really like the ways that the forum and the blog fit together to form connections--it's like the blogs give us the content for our conversations with each other here. :)

Wow, that is actually wonderful and meaningful way of celebrating. I am very saddened by what I just read. I had no idea! :disappointed:
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    @lasummerb Welcome! Your facebook group sounds neat! I'm following your story, too!

In other news... Today's my Three-Year Blogaversary! I know some of you also started your blogs in Sept. 2014, so happy blogaversary to you, too!

And... as it's Q & A Monday: What has given you the most satisfaction in your time blogging? (this question is for everyone, whether it's your blogaversary or not! )

For those of you in the U.S., hope you're having a great Labor Day! (Go, Unions!)

Happy Blogaversary!

As far as your question about satisfaction...that's a hard one to answer. I would have to say that one of the most satisfying parts has been watching my town grow; every so often I go back to the early posts and look back at where each family line started and it's so hard to believe how much everything has changed.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I didn't want to type all this via my cell phone. That would have been nerve wracking!
    Today's my Three-Year Blogaversary! I know some of you also started your blogs in Sept. 2014, so happy blogaversary to you, too!
    Happy Blogiversary!

blogiversary.jpg
    And... as it's Q & A Monday: What has given you the most satisfaction in your time blogging? (this question is for everyone, whether it's your blogaversary or not! )
    1. Playing The Sims 4 and making screenshots! Especially funny ones I never shared in the blogs.
    2. Reading the comments!
    3. Taking time away from the blogging to see the creativity of other bloggings!
    For those of you in the U.S., hope you're having a great Labor Day! (Go, Unions!)

Per my previous comment, I like it better when I first read it as (Go, Unicorns!) and then had to take a second look! :grimace:

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPDAAAAJDlhYjc1NWU4LWIyN2MtNGEyZS05YWVhLWQ3YWY5ZGM0NjAzMA.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
    @CathyTea Happy blogiversary!!! Three years is really fantastic! Your blog post was also very moving to read, I'm really glad you put a link up so I (and others) could see it! While this community can be so loving and great... nothing is perfect and we should do our bests to continue to spread kindness and love towards all of us who write.

What's given me the most satisfaction while blogging? Well I really have to agree with @InfraGreen - the community. I've met so many people through my writing on a blog and made so many friends. That kind of gift is pretty priceless to me. I love getting to read the comments and connect with people around the world through a shared medium.

@CharmingMaruska Thank you for that! I really appreciate it. I'm still getting my footing as all my stories are relatively new. :smile:
    And don't worry, I was just suggesting it should you (or anyone else) be interested! Also, belated welcome back? I know how hard it can be to get back in the swing of things when you've taken a break!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i figured out when my real blogaversary is. the day we started the lounge. i had no need fora blog before that day because i had a ghostwriter.

but if you look in the first few pages of the thread you come across a post i made that says i guess if i'm going to start a writers lounge i need to write.
    i figured out when my real blogaversary is. the day we started the lounge. i had no need fora blog before that day because i had a ghostwriter.

but if you look in the first few pages of the thread you come across a post i made that says i guess if i'm going to start a writers lounge i need to write.

That's great! That way, when it rolls around, we can have a double celebration! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

That's great! That way, when it rolls around, we can have a double celebration! :)

but it was fun having a ghost writer because we would say things like whats his name maried whats her name again.

i only rember colin forbes my generation one founder and nyla his stalker who he married.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

Work got a bit crazy for a while, so it took a while, but here is the next Ironbound chapter.

Chapter 104: Answers

I hope you enjoy! :)

This reminds me that I have to catch up on Ironbound... But I had no laptop for some weeks and just couldn't bring myself to read the story with those ugly tiny pics on my phone! :weary:

And boy, did you catch up! :D Will answer your comments after dinner. :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited September 2017
    Mpart wrote: »
    Started reading Daughters of the Warrioress yesterday! I'm hooked!

Iiieks, thanks! Saw your comment and answered it. :smiley: My little Amazons are definitely celebrating you! :D

Speaking of celebrations... @CathyTea (and all others who have reached that milestone) happy blogaversary!
    28hddsh.jpg

Edit to answer the question: What has given you the most satisfaction in your time blogging?
    For me it is of course my few but amazing readers and apart from that, when I transfer a chapter on the blog and add the pictures in. It's so exciting to read it with them the first time and see how it turned out. Always a little inner feast :D
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

Work got a bit crazy for a while, so it took a while, but here is the next Ironbound chapter.

Chapter 104: Answers

I hope you enjoy! :)

This reminds me that I have to catch up on Ironbound... But I had no laptop for some weeks and just couldn't bring myself to read the story with those ugly tiny pics on my phone! :weary:

And boy, did you catch up! :D Will answer your comments after dinner. :)

Haha, it isn't work with a story like Ironbound ;) It was just no option to read it without tall pictures... Take your time with the answers, I'll come around later to read them
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 436 Member
    Hi again!

The first chapter of The Schmitt Family - An ISBI is out if you'd like to check it out :)

https://theschmittfamilyisbi.wordpress.com/

Have a wonderful day, I am off to town for the doctors and grocery shopping.
  • JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    For the first time in a long while, Theresa is in Willow Creek.

Chapter 3.03
    cover1.jpg
    JoieWilder wrote: »
    For the first time in a long while, Theresa is in Willow Creek.

Chapter 3.03
    cover1.jpg

aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    @sunnyshay They had online dating in Sims 3? Oh goodness, I really wish they would have added that! :love: I bet it was fun to add new genetics to your family since if you have to choose yourself, you'll always prefer a certain type of looks. At least that's my own experience. How did the online dating work? Were there profiles or did you just choose a sim from a picture and meet them then?

Pretty much what @InfraGreen said. I kind of discovered that feature late in the series and only used it a few times. I don't remember NPC lying to me, the last time I used it I remember it being like love at first sight when my founder met up with his wife. I was like "ugh, I guess." LOL

Something similar happened in Sims 2 with my simself fell for the geekiest guy in townie but I went with it anyway. I needed a helper around the house while I ran the city.

I never used that feature, nor did I know it existed, but now I'm wishing and hoping they'll add in the Sims 4. They've given me pools, ghosts, toddlers, pets, and supposedly weather is coming in the next big expansion pack. So I suppose my list of wishes was growing short, so now I have one more to add after University!

Well you know a real romance pack isn't too far off. Usually it's one of the first Sims packs to come but the Sims 4 stuff seems to be on a different schedule.

I did not know that. Please tell me more or share a link.

You want the link for the beard?

Lol, no. A link that explains about the romance pack.
    @sunnyshay They had online dating in Sims 3? Oh goodness, I really wish they would have added that! :love: I bet it was fun to add new genetics to your family since if you have to choose yourself, you'll always prefer a certain type of looks. At least that's my own experience. How did the online dating work? Were there profiles or did you just choose a sim from a picture and meet them then?

Pretty much what @InfraGreen said. I kind of discovered that feature late in the series and only used it a few times. I don't remember NPC lying to me, the last time I used it I remember it being like love at first sight when my founder met up with his wife. I was like "ugh, I guess." LOL

Something similar happened in Sims 2 with my simself fell for the geekiest guy in townie but I went with it anyway. I needed a helper around the house while I ran the city.

I never used that feature, nor did I know it existed, but now I'm wishing and hoping they'll add in the Sims 4. They've given me pools, ghosts, toddlers, pets, and supposedly weather is coming in the next big expansion pack. So I suppose my list of wishes was growing short, so now I have one more to add after University!

Well you know a real romance pack isn't too far off. Usually it's one of the first Sims packs to come but the Sims 4 stuff seems to be on a different schedule.

theres not a romance pack sunny was saying she wanted one.
  • sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member

Yeah I was wishing in public again for a pack.
    Origin ID: Shar1W

Yeah I was wishing in public again for a pack.

yeah i was awake that day. sometimes my eyes are open and i have no idea whats going on.
    my test sims got be friendly and whoo mixed up.

aydens favorite mod finally updated
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Once again happy blogiversary @CathyTea <3<3<3

What gives me the most satisfaction when writing my stories is seeing the excitement people have for them even when they are on hiatus or in between seasons. It's such an amazing feeling knowing that something you've created gives people such joy. That they are waiting with excitement for your story. It really inspires someone to keep going even when thats hard to do!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,205 Member
    @CathyTea

I'm sure It's very belated at this point, but happy blogaversary.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @CathyTea

I'm sure It's very belated at this point, but happy blogaversary.

Oh, not very! Only a day! :) Plus... this week is the three-year blogaversary of lots of TS4 Simmers, so you're just in time to wish them a happy one!

And thank you very much! :)

• SpixieSimSpixieSim Posts: 28 New Member
    Hi everyone! I'm SpixieSim! I have been playing Sims since #2. I have been playing 4 since it came out. It wasn't until recently though that I began doing SimsLit. I a currently working on my first Legacy. Its called The MCCarthy Legacy and because it's my first family its taking a bit to get going. I am writing the chapter through three main Sims... Collin, Olivia and Natalie. But sometimes I add a "scene" (Chapter) in that is based at the home front The McCarthy Estate. I am trying to write chapters from each of the three main characters. So far so goo I hope. You can find me at
    spixiesim.wordpress.com
    I also read of lot of your tories and have begun following all Sims writers I can on wordpress. Hope to be conversating with you all often....
    edited September 2017
    SpixieSim wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm SpixieSim! I have been playing Sims since #2. I have been playing 4 since it came out. It wasn't until recently though that I began doing SimsLit. I a currently working on my first Legacy. Its called The MCCarthy Legacy and because it's my first family its taking a bit to get going. I am writing the chapter through three main Sims... Collin, Olivia and Natalie. But sometimes I add a "scene" (Chapter) in that is based at the home front The McCarthy Estate. I am trying to write chapters from each of the three main characters. So far so goo I hope. You can find me at
    spixiesim.wordpress.com
    I also read of lot of your tories and have begun following all Sims writers I can on wordpress. Hope to be conversating with you all often....

i sent the link to cathtea for you already. i found it in the actvity section hope you don't mind that i didn't tell you first.

and welcome i forgot that part.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top