The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,688 Member
    Waiting for brunch (it's my brother's birthday and we're taking him out) but in the meantime, Thu enjoys nighttime peanut butter and jelly with her special friend.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

Work got a bit crazy for a while, so it took a while, but here is the next Ironbound chapter.

Chapter 104: Answers

I hope you enjoy! :)

This reminds me that I have to catch up on Ironbound... But I had no laptop for some weeks and just couldn't bring myself to read the story with those ugly tiny pics on my phone! :weary:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Good morning everyone! The latest chapter in the Rose Collab Legacy. Be prepared for this one! Enjoy!
    https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/09/04/ch-1-3-the-sands-of-time-treasure-in-the-sand
    yes.png
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Happy timezones, everyone. Finally have time to check back in here after yet another crazy work week. I'm still trying to catch up on all the discussion I missed, but in the meantime I have 3 new updates in Tranquility Creek as I finally catch up to my pre-toddler stuff pack playing marathon.

First, Viola Flenderson starts to learn about what a vampire actually is: Read Here

Next, Adrianna Rowan continues to deal with having to interact with her husband's alien relatives following her own abduction: Read Here

And finally, Marylin Lytle takes becoming the perfect playdate hostess a bit too far (including appearances by the town's entire crop of toddlers; preview pic under the spoiler tag.): Read Here
    [img][/img]2uz7y85.jpg
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    OMG, that's sooooo many toddlers!! Are they in some sort of toddler private school pre-school?
  • MpartMpart Posts: 115 Member
    Started reading Daughters of the Warrioress yesterday! I'm hooked!
    t2W9HAW.png

Mpart's Builds; Taking Requests (Indefinite Hiatus)
  • EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
    @LegacySims2017 Loving them Moana gifs!

@EiraRose I've read first two chapters of Willow and it is amazing! So now I'm curious: what is SimNoWriMo? I've never heard about it.

@CharmingMaruska Ahhh! I'm so flattered! Thank you so so much! I put so much effort into some of that editing, so I'm glad people enjoy it!

As for SimNoWriMo, I'm not sure if you're familiar with NaNoWriMo (I'm going to pretend not for the explanation, so please don't be offended if this was obvious, this is just in case people aren't really familiar with it) which means National Novel Writing Month, but every November people from all over will dedicate the entire month to trying to write 50,000 words for a story. They have some stipulations and rules for it, but for as long as I can remember it's been a big deal here (I live in the USA). Well a lot of people on Boolprop are big fans of this writing month, but wanted to apply it to Sim stories. So they're doing the Sims Novel Writing Month! The goal of it isn't to reach 50,000 words, as there's a lot more that goes into a Sims story. The challenge is to update your story 10 times in a month OR write a total of 10,000 words for your story, OR have at least 200 pictures (for the gold, there are silver and bronze levels too!). It's really just a challenge for Sim writers to buckle down and focus on a single story for a month to get the most updates out as possible. We try to accommodate for all playing/writing styles (smaller updates/bigger updates, word heavy/picture heavy).

It's still a new thing (last year was the first year we did it), but it's a lot of fun and can help challenge some sim writers! It's going on all of September (as to allow those who want to participate in the non-sims NaNoWriMo to have all of October to plan for November instead of getting hit back to back with two NaNoWriMos).

Anyways, well I did my best trying to explain. Hopefully that was helpful! Let me know if I was unclear on anything! My brain is a bit spacey this morning.
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    OMG, that's sooooo many toddlers!! Are they in some sort of toddler private school pre-school?

Not exactly...once I realized that toddlers show up to playdates in their party outfits, I found some CC uniforms and set every toddlers' party clothes to be that. I rarely pay attention to my Sims' party outfits, especially toddlers, so it worked better than the random outfits they showed up in the first time. (Within the story, the host mom gets a bit overzealous with being the "playdate mom" and gives all the kids matching outfits.)

@EiraRose SimNoWriMo sounds like so much fun. I did the regular NaNoWriMo a couple of times in college, but I haven't gone for it in awhile.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member

Not exactly...once I realized that toddlers show up to playdates in their party outfits, I found some CC uniforms and set every toddlers' party clothes to be that. I rarely pay attention to my Sims' party outfits, especially toddlers, so it worked better than the random outfits they showed up in the first time. (Within the story, the host mom gets a bit overzealous with being the "playdate mom" and gives all the kids matching outfits.)

@EiraRose SimNoWriMo sounds like so much fun. I did the regular NaNoWriMo a couple of times in college, but I haven't gone for it in awhile.

Ah, that's a cute explanation for it though. Reminds me of sitcoms on ABC where the one mom is out momming all the others, but they just think she's doing too much, but go along with it just in case it's actually a good level of momming, haha.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    DebraF63 wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 hugs. That is the military's way of honoring your dad for his time in the service, my respects and prayers for all of you. I got my grandfathers stuff and my step-mom has my dads. Not sure who will get mine or my hubby's stuff when the time comes. Keep him close in your thoughts and remember the good times.

oh i know that they were honoring him . as sad as that day was i liked watching the ceremonies. it was neat to watch them honor dad. . when they were taking the coffin out of the hearse the same guys who shot the bullets during the funeral shot bullets in the air. mom told me that was to honor dad. ikind of knew thatbecause when we buried gram their was a funeral in the background with rifles. .but it was nice of mom to confirm it.
    edited September 2017
    the benders might be on hiatus for a while.

i'm in a sims 4 gift exchange so i might not have time to update.
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    EiraRose wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017 Loving them Moana gifs!

@EiraRose I've read first two chapters of Willow and it is amazing! So now I'm curious: what is SimNoWriMo? I've never heard about it.

@CharmingMaruska Ahhh! I'm so flattered! Thank you so so much! I put so much effort into some of that editing, so I'm glad people enjoy it!

As for SimNoWriMo, I'm not sure if you're familiar with NaNoWriMo (I'm going to pretend not for the explanation, so please don't be offended if this was obvious, this is just in case people aren't really familiar with it) which means National Novel Writing Month, but every November people from all over will dedicate the entire month to trying to write 50,000 words for a story. They have some stipulations and rules for it, but for as long as I can remember it's been a big deal here (I live in the USA). Well a lot of people on Boolprop are big fans of this writing month, but wanted to apply it to Sim stories. So they're doing the Sims Novel Writing Month! The goal of it isn't to reach 50,000 words, as there's a lot more that goes into a Sims story. The challenge is to update your story 10 times in a month OR write a total of 10,000 words for your story, OR have at least 200 pictures (for the gold, there are silver and bronze levels too!). It's really just a challenge for Sim writers to buckle down and focus on a single story for a month to get the most updates out as possible. We try to accommodate for all playing/writing styles (smaller updates/bigger updates, word heavy/picture heavy).

It's still a new thing (last year was the first year we did it), but it's a lot of fun and can help challenge some sim writers! It's going on all of September (as to allow those who want to participate in the non-sims NaNoWriMo to have all of October to plan for November instead of getting hit back to back with two NaNoWriMos).

Anyways, well I did my best trying to explain. Hopefully that was helpful! Let me know if I was unclear on anything! My brain is a bit spacey this morning.

Your explanation was perfectly clear and very helpful, so thank you! It sounds like great fun - maybe I'll even try one day. And I'm certainly looking forward to see your progress :smile:

And the story - the effort is certainly showing! The pictures are marvelous and I love your writing. And Adam - all that sass! :smiley:
  • xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    O M G - It's here!

After 4 long months, a NEW episode of MURDER VALLEY!

Season 4 ,episode 1!

Go read/comment/like/feedback!

https://murdervalleysims.wordpress.com
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,688 Member

Sounds fun though.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 436 Member
    I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to vote in the spouse poll. After leaving it up for 24 hours-ish it has come to a close and Alex Kingston is the winner and will take the spot as ISBI spouse. Let the baby making beginning!
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Sounds fun though.

actually its scary,

ayden pushes me out of my comfort zone and i whine a little but work through it.

with the exchange i'm pushed out of my comfort zone and have to try and do something i never did before. at least with ayden i have some control. okay not with the christine thing but hes stubborn when it comes to her.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Hello all. I haven't posted in this thread since I completed my TS3 story. I am in the beginning stages of writing a new TS4 story called Reign: A Game of Power. I have also started a new Facebook group called Sims of Color Stories. It's basically a place for all Simmers to post links, updates, etc to their blogs, channels, or wherever they post stories about their Sims. I love all the directories across various forums, but wanted to make a list specifically for Sims of color to showcase the diversity in the community. I will keep you updated on the progress of my newest story.

Please stay tuned for my all new TS4 story Reign: A Game of Power. I am very excited about this project. Instead of diving right in as I tried to do with All Eyes On Me, I am truly motivated by my Sims and their characters. This new story is all about the rise and journey of several individuals living in San Myshuno as they strive for power, leverage, status by any means necessary. I’m working hard on the storyline now and I will not publish until I have a few chapters complete. I will keep you updated. This is my new site where I will post the story. Check it out! Happy Simming!
    60bfLF7.png
    https://reignagameofpower.com/

Sims of Color Stories
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,085 Member
    @lasummerb Welcome! Your facebook group sounds neat! I'm following your story, too!

In other news... Today's my Three-Year Blogaversary! I know some of you also started your blogs in Sept. 2014, so happy blogaversary to you, too!

And... as it's Q & A Monday: What has given you the most satisfaction in your time blogging? (this question is for everyone, whether it's your blogaversary or not! )

For those of you in the U.S., hope you're having a great Labor Day! (Go, Unions!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,085 Member
    @purplestarz2006 That toddler chapter was SO cute! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @CathyTea Thank you so much! I recently celebrated the 4th anniversary of my TS3 blog Reagan Leeds: Run The World. I finished it over two years ago and It took a long time to complete it. I have been burnt out and uninspired to write again until recently, so I am excited to get back on this part of the forum and connect with other writers.

The most satisfaction I received while writing my first story was that anything I imagined writing, using a game as content heavy as TS3 made it much more easier for me to express my creativity. I loved seeing my characters come to life in my pictures, they honestly felt real to me. I am excited to feel that again with my TS4 Sims.

Yes, I am in the US. I am glad to be at home and not in the hot sun! Happy Simming!
  • EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
    @purplestarz2006 I have so much fun with SimNoWriMo! Anyone is welcome to join, Boolprop is a wonderful place and it's really rewarding to see how far you get with a story!

@CharmingMaruska Thank you so much. Adam has so much personality that I swear sometimes I'm nervous he's going to offend someone. Lol! I had my husband read over a chapter for consistency check and he started it like "I feel targeted by Adam right now" which gave me a really good laugh!

Last year when I did SimNoWriMo I signed up with my Reaper legacy and was able to get 5 chapters out, which doesn't sound like a lot but given my chapters are usually ~5000 words each and between 50-100 screenshots each it was a big deal for me! I still only got bronze because that was before they started counting words/pictures towards the "gold medal goal." The first year it was all about hitting 10 updates, and changing the size of my chapters just didn't fit the flow of my story, so I had to take that hit. Thankfully this year I advocated for a change in the rules to allow for longer story writers like myself (then I proceed to enter the challenge with my second shortest - by chapter - story out of the 4 stories I have, lol, way to go me)! It's not too late to join if anyone from here wants to sign up! It just means you'll have slightly fewer days to get all your updates out! I just love the challenge and seeing what everyone can do!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    For those of you in the U.S., hope you're having a great Labor Day! (Go, Unions!)

I read that at first as (Go, Unicorns!) :grimace:

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm working a double shift at my workplace. I get double time, holiday pay, and overtime is approved.

Edit: 9:30a - 10:00p is my shifts
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    EiraRose wrote: »
    @purplestarz2006 I have so much fun with SimNoWriMo! Anyone is welcome to join, Boolprop is a wonderful place and it's really rewarding to see how far you get with a story!

@CharmingMaruska Thank you so much. Adam has so much personality that I swear sometimes I'm nervous he's going to offend someone. Lol! I had my husband read over a chapter for consistency check and he started it like "I feel targeted by Adam right now" which gave me a really good laugh!

Last year when I did SimNoWriMo I signed up with my Reaper legacy and was able to get 5 chapters out, which doesn't sound like a lot but given my chapters are usually ~5000 words each and between 50-100 screenshots each it was a big deal for me! I still only got bronze because that was before they started counting words/pictures towards the "gold medal goal." The first year it was all about hitting 10 updates, and changing the size of my chapters just didn't fit the flow of my story, so I had to take that hit. Thankfully this year I advocated for a change in the rules to allow for longer story writers like myself (then I proceed to enter the challenge with my second shortest - by chapter - story out of the 4 stories I have, lol, way to go me)! It's not too late to join if anyone from here wants to sign up! It just means you'll have slightly fewer days to get all your updates out! I just love the challenge and seeing what everyone can do!

@EiraRose Haha, Adam's narration does sound like that a bit towards humans - but maybe that's the reason why I find it so intriguing and refreshing! So don't be nervous and keep up the good work. :smile:

And 100 screenshots! That's impressive. I'm sorry you didn't get the gold medal - you definitely deserved a special prize for all those screenshots :tongue: I hope you'll succeed this year, though! As for me, I think I'll pass - I came back to SimLit after a four-month hiatus and I need some time to reconnect with the story. I'll keep en eye on Where the Willow Walks, though! I assume you keep track of your progress on boolprop?
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @lasummerb Welcome! Your facebook group sounds neat! I'm following your story, too!

In other news... Today's my Three-Year Blogaversary! I know some of you also started your blogs in Sept. 2014, so happy blogaversary to you, too!

And... as it's Q & A Monday: What has given you the most satisfaction in your time blogging? (this question is for everyone, whether it's your blogaversary or not! )

Happy blogaversary @CathyTea ! Are you throwing a party this year? :smile:

And to answer your question: What has given you the most satisfaction in your time blogging

The most satisfying thing I've experienced while blogging so far is when readers ask a question about something I desperately wanted to talk about more :smiley: Bliss!
    The second most satisfying thing is when the update turns out exactly like I had it in my head - the mood is right, screenshots fit and I manage to came up with believable-enough dialogue. Granted, it doesn't happen very often :sweat_smile:

And, of course, I cherish the connections I made with like-minded people I met - but I feel that's more because of forums than because of my blog...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top