Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AMD Radeon R9 GPU

Does anyone have The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 installed on a Mac with these graphics? How does it play? Which specific GPU do you have?

I'd really appreciate any feedback. I know that TS4 works pretty well on the 5K iMacs with this GPU but would be interested to know how TS3 fares as the graphics card isn't supported. And of course on the new high spec. 15" MBP.

Thanks! :)

apple-signature.png

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2015
    hi :)! im a amd player so i can at least give you insight to the card which amd card are you referring to

card i have laptop 8970m. desktop 270x.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    hi :)! im a amd player so i can at least give you insight to the card which amd card are you referring to

card i have laptop 8970m. desktop 270x.

Thanks ceejay402 :)
    apple-signature.png
  • WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    Not a MAC user but I do run the Radeon R9 200. It runs TS3 quite well. You may still have the intermittent freezing issue with Isla Paradiso without mods but it is tolerable. Other than Isla Paradiso I have had no issues running TS3.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    Not a MAC user but I do run the Radeon R9 200. It runs TS3 quite well. You may still have the intermittent freezing issue with Isla Paradiso without mods but it is tolerable. Other than Isla Paradiso I have had no issues running TS3.

Thanks. TS3 uses Cider on Macs so there is a massive difference in general gameplay anyway between Windows and Mac. Cider is the reason the game performs so appallingly in OS X. Thankfully TS4 is native :)
    apple-signature.png
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    this is a pet peeve of mine amd started to release generic named drivers for cards over a year ago so like 200 instead of saying which card like 270x or 280 also they have changed some of their integrated chip names and they can read at first glance like dedicated so can you share which exact card you are looking