Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 doesn't compare to sims 2

Comments

• Pyur_JeniusPyur_Jenius Posts: 101 Member
    Nope, I have a new pc. Just got it last year. I was nervous that Sims 1 wouldn't run, but surprise, surprise, it does. I also have Windows 8.1.

Thanks. My new copy of the complete Sims 1 collection is on the way, yay! I can't way to lay down some starry tiles and start a party. :smiley:
    Jaz_in_SG-captioned%20copy_zps0ecd2f78.jpg

Greed destroys everything it touches.
    Gallery Link: PyurJenius
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    I don't think they're meant to compare, I think they're different interpretations of the same game, each to their own. People need to choose and play the one they enjoy most, you're missing promising game time whilst comparing them!

I understood what you meant. Instead of so many comparisons people should just play the version, or versions, they enjoy. Instead they're missing promising game time with whatever version they play. It's sad.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    So the Sims 4 is like Keeping Up with the Kardashians? :anguished:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    I don't think they're meant to compare, I think they're different interpretations of the same game, each to their own. People need to choose and play the one they enjoy most, you're missing promising game time whilst comparing them!

I understood what you meant. Instead of so many comparisons people should just play the version, or versions, they enjoy. Instead they're missing promising game time with whatever version they play. It's sad.

But the Sims was never meant to be an online version. It was never meant to be linear and goal driven. This is what it's become, and this is why so many players are not happy with the game. It should have been marketed as a companion piece like Sims Castaway or Sims Life Stories, not the Next Generation of Sims! This is how it was billed. They say that you "rule". But how can you do that when you can't play how you want?

I totally get what you guys are saying, and I'm happy that you and many others are enjoying TS4. But this is not what The Sims are. If I want to play a goal drive RPG then I will go to that genre, and I do. But The Sims is a life simulator sandbox game. And TS4 is not that.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Actually Sims 3 's logo was Experiment with Life - oddly. But you can't experiment with life with one life stage missing and not even a grocery store in world of supposedly human like people.

According to TS4's website, the logo is "Play with life", but I don't see how I can play with life if the game tells me how to play. It has just as much validity as TS4 "going back to the roots", lol

@SK8RBLAZE agreed.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • KarenKaren Posts: 29 Member
    I have the sims 2 UC and its better than sims 3. I say that because the expansion/stuff packs are great (open for buisness is my favorite!) the cutscenes are fantastic, there are so many places to go, and the sims actually look really good for a 2004 game when I downloaded some eye makeup and skins. There are WAY too many loading screens though, but that doesnt really matter since it runs so smoothly. I love how in the relationships panel it says what the sims think of the other sims. The game has great player interaction, but I think its more fun to make a young couple than a family in sims 2 and idk why
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    The only thing sims 4 and sims 2 have in common is loading screens and closed world. Otherwise sims 2 beats sims 4 hands down..If theres wax boxing match between the two sims 4 wouldn't even bother to show up to the fight. Sims 2 just kicks that much 🐸🐸🐸🐸 B)
    giphy.gif

• sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    Sims 2 will always be my favorite sims game. It was a big step up from TS1. Sims 4 compares a lot to TS1 but only it is a step back from even the original sims.

Sims 2 brought new life stages. They brought toddlers, teens, and elder sims. Elder sims can die of old age. Toddlers are my favorite life stage. They are adorable. Sims 4 does not even have toddlers in it. Toddlers have been in TS2 and TS3. I was hoping they would be in TS4 as well. But no! TS4 has failed us. Plus teens are the same height as YA and older. Teens and children do not have a curfew in TS4. And YA and adult are the same. I want my adult sims to have a midlife crisis like what TS3 generations included.

Burglars have been in the sims games since the original sims. But, TS4 didn't even include them. I almost peed my pants in TS1 every time I heard the scary burglar music playing. There are also no NPCs in TS4. I miss firefighters, gardeners, police, babysitters/nannies, and the paperboy. I even miss the tragic clown and the social bunny.

Dancing is pathetic in TS4. Sims 2 dancing was awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WBlDjnMVwU Sims 4 dancing looks like my sims are constipated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JREHrWkO6Xg

Sims 2 romance options were better. Sims 4 romance is lacking. In TS2, kissing and make outs were steamier. TS4 romance is more G/PG. TS2 game was the only game in the series that deserves the Teen rating. TS4 should have been rated E or E10.

There are no cemeteries in TS4. There have been cemeteries since TS1. A tombstone just appears in the sims house or location that the sim died. Also, there are no funerals in TS4.

There are not many party types in TS4. Where are the sports parties, pool parties, and bachelor/bachelorette parties. I do have a mod in my game that I can have a pool party. These should have been included when they patched pools in. Also, there are no hot tubs. Hot tubs should've been in the base game or patched in with pools. Also, more party types should have been included with luxury party stuff.

There is no create a world in TS4. Create a world was in TS2. I miss being able to create worlds. I would like to be able to place lots wherever I want. I also want to add other stuff in the worlds such as trees, rocks, rainbows, hot air balloons, etc.

There is no color wheel in The Sims 4. There was a color wheel in TS2.

I won't bore you going over all of the missing features from TS4. TS2 will always be my favorite sims game in the series. If a sims 5 is made in the next several years, I want all these missing features to be included in it plus new features. I hope EA/Maxis has learned from it's mistakes and doesn't disappoint us in The Sims 5.

Uh, they didn't dance like that un the Sims 2. That was custom dancing. It can't count.
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    The 'real' dancing in TS2 was still better overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=advlnVBpruE
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    yunagarnet wrote: »

That little toddler has great rhythm so cute. <3 Great dances they're all new too me so thanks for sharing. :)
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    yunagarnet wrote: »

Aw I love the toddler dancing in the video. All the more reason to add toddlers to TS4. :heart:
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    @Writin_Reg What I meant by promising game time was in regard to no particular game, not directly Sims 4. If you're playing a game that you enjoy, then the game time is promising. So instead of enduring unpromising game time in Sims 4 (in your personal opinion), then return to doing something you enjoy or a different game you prefer, such as Sims 2.

EA are a entertainment software company, they aren't going to scroll through this discussion and think 'Mmm, Writin_Reg here prefers Sims 2, perhaps we should revamp the entire game instead of continue developing the Sims 4 as we intended, that many other players -do- enjoy.'
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Writin_Reg What I meant by promising game time was in regard to no particular game, not directly Sims 4. If you're playing a game that you enjoy, then the game time is promising. So instead of enduring unpromising game time in Sims 4 (in your personal opinion), then return to doing something you enjoy or a different game you prefer, such as Sims 2.

EA are a entertainment software company, they aren't going to scroll through this discussion and think 'Mmm, Writin_Reg here prefers Sims 2, perhaps we should revamp the entire game instead of continue developing the Sims 4 as we intended, that many other players -do- enjoy.'

@Rumpelstiltskin Actually, you can tell they developed TS4 with player's large admiration for TS2 in mind. Smarter Sims that truly react to their environment? That was THE MOST requested things on the TS3 forum. A large portion of the fanbase did not like how soulless/robotic TS3 Sims felt, and were constantly asking for more expressive Sims.

Where TS4 went wrong was with the actual execution; may it be due to time constraints, budget constraints, just flat out design failure, or all of the above.
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    @Sk8rblaze Smarter sims that react to their environment? That's what the emotion system did. However, sims emotions are constantly changing. Now, my sims are bipolar. EA should fix the constantly changing emotions in a patch. I want my sims to stay "happy," "sad," "mad," etc. for longer periods of time. I also want sims to better react to certain situations such as a spouse cheating or death of a loved one.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze Smarter sims that react to their environment? That's what the emotion system did. However, sims emotions are constantly changing. Now, my sims are bipolar. EA should fix the constantly changing emotions in a patch. I want my sims to stay "happy," "sad," "mad," etc. for longer periods of time. I also want sims to better react to certain situations such as a spouse cheating or death of a loved one.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to convey. They DID listen to us, but there are very distracting design flaws in TS4 which prevent players from fully acknowledging this.
  • YwexyYwexy Posts: 9 New Member
    I think that TS4 still has a lot of potential, and I love the creat-a-sim and the graphics. However, with TS2 I had this incredible complex plots and storyline for the sims as well as a huge family tree. I simply LOVE that game! TS3 was fun too, but with both TS3 and TS4 came a lot of bugs, even though I have a good Macbook Pro... What I really miss with TS2 was how quick the fast forward speed was.
  • gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    I respect your opinions, but I absolutely think TS4 is superior to TS2: first at all it has got better graphics, improved CAS and build mode, emotional system and Sims more "alive" and beautiful, better animations of course.
    I know there are lacks in TS4, but EP will be the remedy.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Basically this:
    COOKER_zpsf47e4b20.jpg
    01-20-15_4-07nbspPM_zps2d13c999.png
    Pictures by @CrackFox
    Wow, I never noticed that until this moment! Crazy how they skimped on this game.. awful, just awful
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    I thought Sims 4 is really Sims 2.5? Where did they go wrong? :pensive:
  • court79cathcourt79cath Posts: 16 Member
    > @Rumpelstiltskin said:
    > Writin_Reg What I meant by promising game time was in regard to no particular game, not directly Sims 4. If you're playing a game that you enjoy, then the game time is promising. So instead of enduring unpromising game time in Sims 4 (in your personal opinion), then return to doing something you enjoy or a different game you prefer, such as Sims 2.
    >
    > EA are a entertainment software company, they aren't going to scroll through this discussion and think 'Mmm, Writin_Reg here prefers Sims 2, perhaps we should revamp the entire game instead of continue developing the Sims 4 as we intended, that many other players -do- enjoy.'

While I do, in theory, agree with this it's difficult advice to take given the price tag on getting the game (and the subsequent packs). If I were given my money back, I'd gladly just go back to Sims 2 or 3, reinstall all my mods and find CC, and be done. But at this point, I'm out somewhere around $100 because I took the company/devs at their word when they said Sims 4 would be awesome. And there are things I like, don't get me wrong! There's just way more that I don't.
  • SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    sims 4 is just a blurry colorful looking disney movie.i'll pass. and i would like to also feel the danger of getting robbed lol i miss the burglars.
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    The Sims 4 is so , so better than the sims 2! It is a new game with good graphics , beautiful sims, and with the best create a sim and build mode ever! If you dont like it , dont buy it. ;)
    xyIcMqt.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top