Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lighting when visiting townie Sims' homes [[Solved]]

SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
One of my issues with Sims 4 right from the beginning has been that it's too dark. A few new lighting fixtures have been introduced and, while things aren't BRIGHT bright, it is somewhat better. The lighting fixtures aren't very visually appealing (in my opinion), but they get the job done, more or less. At least I can see my Sims' faces... as long as they are on the home lot.

Once my Sims go visiting, however, they are shrouded in shadow again. In Options, I have Lighting set to Very High, so I can't go any higher. Last year, I was somehow able to go into Build/Buy mode while visiting, so I could buy new lighting fixtures for the neighbors, but I can't seem to do that now.

Have I just forgotten how (if so, please refresh my memory)? Or has that capability been taken away? And is there any possibility that the game could be generally lightened up, so I wouldn't be breaking rules if I'm in a Challenge (many Challenges would consider it cheating if players to manipulate the world in any way)?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this issue (hehe I made a joke :p ).

ETA: I remembered how to enter Buy/Build mode for locations other than the home lot. It's done from the World screen. I was trying to do it in Live mode while actually in the Pancake's home. I've now gifted them a few ceiling lights and the change is noticeable. It's not BRIGHT bright, but at least now we can see each other!
Post edited by SimPoseyYum on