Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Have you ever" game :)

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,665 Member
    Does pushing yourself to stay awake for 48 straight hours count? I think it does. I wasn't trying to see how far I could push my body I was just trying to work all the hours I could.

HYE been on tv?
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Nope.

And yes, it counts, for sure. I've done it before too, glad I don't have to do it now, because instead of getting tired, I got weird, too intense, and mechanical. The sneaky thing about staying up that long is the tendency to think we're fine, not realizing how laggy our reaction time is. Not a good state of mind for driving.

HYE stayed up too late just because you felt too unfulfilled to go to bed yet?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    No, I don't think so, I'm up late all the time and have no good reason at all.

And @ignominiusrex never in my whole life how could you take your coffee with you in there :confounded: And I haven't seen a movie because of covid since, I don't know, maybe avengers end game like 2 years ago, so stop with your popcorn germ nonsense and movie theatre seats with scabies, roaches, and bedbugs. Are you trying to wreck my batman movie plans this week? :angry: They clean the movie theatres you know.

HYE gone to the movies with a germophobe who wouldn't eat the popcorn?
    Elliandre wrote: »
    No, I don't think so, I'm up late all the time and have no good reason at all.

And @ignominiusrex never in my whole life how could you take your coffee with you in there :confounded: And I haven't seen a movie because of covid since, I don't know, maybe avengers end game like 2 years ago, so stop with your popcorn germ nonsense and movie theatre seats with scabies, roaches, and bedbugs. Are you trying to wreck my batman movie plans this week? :angry: They clean the movie theatres you know.

HYE gone to the movies with a germophobe who wouldn't eat the popcorn?

You have me laughing out loud for real! :D

Movie theaters must be way nicer where you live, because where I live, the floors are sticky between shows, and the seats often smell. I would suggest you buy a UV pocket light, but I won't suggest that because if you had one and used it, it might wreck your peace of mind. Maybe that's my problem, is having one of those.

And to answer your question, no, but if I did eat in the movie theater, I would not want to touch the chair arms. I'd keep my hands in my lap. And I'm not a germphobe generally, like I said there's nothing scary or gross for me about taking my coffee into the bathroom with me, but my bathroom is also not disgusting generally. XD

HYE danced ballet?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,553 Member
    edited March 2022
    Not ballet. I took modern dance in college and did okay. I can swing dance, though, and I know most of those ‘60’s fad dances and some disco.

HYE taken a creative class?
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    Yes. I took a couple of arts and crafts classes back when I was in middle and high school. In college I took a general art class to fulfill a core requirement in order to obtain a BBA in Entrepreneurship. Most notably, my schooling to become a cosmetologist relied heavily around creativity courses (for example: hair coloring and lightening, makeup artistry, manicures and pedicures, etc.).

HYE had your hair professionally done at a salon?
    I've had it cut, even dried and combed or a little product added, but what do you mean by "professionally done" because it sounds more like something elaborate.

HYE mended an item of clothing?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Yep. I’m no tailor but I can fix a button, a minor tear, a ripped hem and stuff like that.

HYE played pickle ball?

No, barely even knew what it was til I saw it as a class for adult seniors at the Y.
    Still not sure I know what it is but it's something in the pool, right?

HYE thrown shot put?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member

I think I did at secondary school once. It didn't get very far. I remember we tried discus and javelin as well. Those didn't get very far either.

HYE done a pole vault?
    No. I never was very good at the field events, I was a sprinter.

HYE run the 40yd dash in under 5 seconds?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    No. I get tired just thinking about it. 😄 I was never good at sports. Was a cheerleader though.

Have you ever traveled outside of your country?
    Yes, a couple of times.

HYE traversed wilderness for weeks?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    I used to work doing home visits in the Appalachian mountains. I traversed the wilderness daily for years.

HYE taken a paddle wheel boat down the Mississippi River?
    No. I'd like to, but haven't yet.

HYE been to the French Quarter?
    Never even been to Nwalens. :) A good thing, as I would go looking for Death By Beignet. I love choux paste, and fried choux paste is even better. I also love chicory coffee, dirty rice, and Jellyroll Morton, but I have to love it all from afar, the climate would kill me in a day.

HYE been to Boston?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    No, I haven't ever been there before.

HYE been to the Pacific Ocean?
    Yes. Flown over it, and swam in it. Wept at its shores both for loss, and love.

HYE felt intimidated or unnerved because a man you didn't know was behind or near you in some public place? Just realized I want to ask this in a poll because it's a huge issue and deserves discussion. If you experienced this and it was a woman, of course feel free to answer that.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2022
    I've never had a situation where a stranger was very close to me in a public place and wasn't asking me questions or anything like that, other than taking the subway (but I haven't used public transit since graduating). When I was in college, I had to take the bus and subway to go to school. There were not many people on the bus at my stop and no one took the initiative to sit next to me (I think it's not my problem because I found that when there were not many people, everyone chose the seat with no one next to them, including me) , though there're many people in the subway, it feels normal because there're too many people.
    But I've felt unnerved because men I didn't know was trying to add me on social media, and even a bit for women, even if we had a good chat the second before, it was for a long time. Because I've been scammed about some contact informations and threatened to dating by a completely stranger earlier, he even He threatened my classmate to make me agree to add him. My classmate was so frightened/shocked that she couldn't tell how he threatened her (she originally said "He said he'll do sometings if you (me) don't agree, I don't know what to do" I asked her what exactly she didn't answer), my classmate and I didn't know what he wanted to do to me before, I just felt inexplicable at that time so agree in confused. I can't even tell the exact way he made threats until now, 8 years or so later. I rather he was only tried to emotional manipulate me than actually have a mental illness.
    This case, taken separately, is a common case in news and law papers, but taken together is particularly unexpected, it directly caused my three views to shatter. Now is probably not anymore, I now have a male netizen who plays games together and regards me as a female buddy, I have mostly gotten rid of this trauma when I added him. But I have the physical after-effects of instinctively reluctant to answer unfamiliar phone calls.

Same question
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    edited April 2022
    I can't really think of a specific situation where I felt threatened or intimated solely from a man being near me in a public place. I've always taken precautions to avoid situations where I could potentially be putting my life in danger, such as wandering around alone after dark or visiting venues that tend to attract sketchy individuals.

My job (as a hair stylist) involves interacting with people, so I have several experienced several situations where men have made unappreciated, rude, or downright creepy comments directed towards me that made me uncomfortable. That being said, I've probably had an equal or greater number of situations where women have said or done things that are rude or unappreciated. Such situations are relatively easy to prevent from reoccurring since I'm self-employed and have the option to reject clients if they can't behave in a civilized and decent manner.

HYE played pool?
    Pool-Billiards.png
  • ApostolosJenApostolosJen Posts: 35 Member
    Yes, I have.

HYE competed in Powerlifting?
    Noooooo.

HYE been cliff diving?
    Are you completely insane? NO! NO NO NO NO. If I wasn't clear before....NO!!!!🤣

HYE been to a Metallica concert?
    Are you completely insane? NO! NO NO NO NO. If I wasn't clear before....NO!!!!🤣

HYE been to a Metallica concert?

So, that’s a “no?”

Metallica? No.

HYE been a Parrothead?
    No. I have an aunt who is. I like Jimmy Buffett but I wouldn't go as far as claiming to be a Parrothead.

HYE been to Key West?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top